shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm a widow

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You may not want to deal with it now, but when you are ready you should transfer your DH's retirement accounts into an IRA-BDA (assuming you are the beneficiary and not set to go to estate). All you should need is a death certificate and a simple form from the broker dealer.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone want to sleep over?:pray:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww PB. Hugs.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I lived closer I would be there in a heartbeat, Pinto. Sending hugs your way.

Do you think it would help if you and your kitties stayed at your mom's place for a bit or maybe your mom stayed at yours? Is that a possibility?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just wanted to say your in our thoughts and prayers.

Karl and wifey4vr

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB I SO want to sleep over! I can sleep over in my imagination, and our 2 dogs are there too :)

wetsawblade

Rough_Rock
Does anyone want to sleep over?:pray:
Wish I could, came here to wish you well, work has worn me down this week. No comparison, but here's some {{{hugs}}} & hope u get some zzz.

Not sure if you're in NY/LI, but if you are, esp south shore, I have some support resources I could share via LT.

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, I wish I lived closer. I would sleep over and bring gooey chocolate croissants.

Sending you hugs.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I would send the kitten but he is not the sleepover type, more like the 'wake everyone up at 3am by jumping on their face' type :(

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom drives me crazy lololol! Mom is a great friend but cuckoo parent lolololol!

Last week Mom came over and gave me a light hug and started crying and said, "gee you don't cry." :confused:
I replied,"I cry."
And she replies, "you do?"

:shifty:
I feel trapped. I have to keep working in this field. It's lucrative, the work is easy for me, but I was really wanting to "retire" by 40 and do a fun job. I had milestones and $$$ goals in my head for 40. I wanted to have a joint 40th celebration bc we are two months and 5 days apart. It was going to be 5 year anniversary this year, then next year we'd turn 39 by 2018, and 2019 we'd be 40 and fab! My husband throws my birthday parties bc my parents think I'm too old to make a fuss over birthdays.
Ok now I'm just tired and kvetching:silenced:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto Bean, I am glad your neighbor checked you out and she said you were okay. I am sorry you have so many things to deal with and it is overwhelming and stressful. If I lived near you I'd be there in a flash with some cookies and teddy bears. Big hugs to you. I hope you get some sleep.

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Mom drives me crazy lololol! Mom is a great friend but cuckoo parent lolololol!

Last week Mom came over and gave me a light hug and started crying and said, "gee you don't cry." :confused:
I replied,"I cry."
And she replies, "you do?"

:shifty:
I feel trapped. I have to keep working in this field. It's lucrative, the work is easy for me, but I was really wanting to "retire" by 40 and do a fun job. I had milestones and $$$ goals in my head for 40. I wanted to have a joint 40th celebration bc we are two months and 5 days apart. It was going to be 5 year anniversary this year, then next year we'd turn 39 by 2018, and 2019 we'd be 40 and fab! My husband throws my birthday parties bc my parents think I'm too old to make a fuss over birthdays.
Ok now I'm just tired and kvetching:silenced:

This is breaking my heart PB :cry:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, sending more hugs.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:(:cry:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Aww, PB, I'm so sorry that the damn realtor upset you. I think Matata hit the nail on the head. People are just clumsy when it comes to trying to comfort someone dealing with something so tragic. Not that I'm excusing her. I'm glad that your dr. neighbor was home and could check you out. I wish I lived closer, I'd be happy to come spend the night and meet your kitties. Your convo with your Mom made me LOL. That totally sounds like something my Mom would say. I keep my emotions very close to the vest and tend to do my crying in private. When other people are upset about something, I tend to be the Rock of Gibraltar...I fall apart afterwards.

I'm sorry that you feel trapped in your career and by the need to re-evaluate your long term plans. The whole thing just sucks (as if you didn't already know that). Would another boob photo make you feel better? :( I wish that I had something comforting to say....

Sending tons of hugs to you PB!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey sending more ((((HUGS))) and love and good thoughts your way. And just to make you smile because I know you really enjoyed the last booby pics we all posted and because this is just for you and no one else's thread...hellooooo DF yes it is you I am talking about...this is for PintoBean!!!! LOL this makes me look soooo flat chested but this shows you how much I care about you PB. Sharing it with you to make you laugh. I took this when my leg was broken (and you can see my walker and part of the cast in the photo sort of) and of course where did my mind go? Just broke my leg, had surgery and I start thinking uh oh I have no suitable bathing suit for pool physical therapy so I go online and order a modest bathing suit LOLOLOL. And it arrives and I had to try it on immediately despite the quite agonizing pain I was still experiencing. I am cuckoo to use your term.:razz: I never wore it and it still has the tags. Yes it is super modest but hey I am 51 you know. Nobody wants to see my body (with the exception of my dh that is thank goodness he still wants to!:lol:).

bathingsuitpicofmeandwalker.jpg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At Missy's insistence, I want you to know I don't get the 'girls' out for anybody PB, but if it makes you smile, it's worth it. (Apologies to everyone else for the distressing image of me!!)

IMG_1459.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
At Missy's insistence, I want you to know I don't get the 'girls' out for anybody PB, but if it makes you smile, it's worth it. (Apologies to everyone else for the distressing image of me!!)

IMG_1459.JPG

Beautiful!!! And thank you!:kiss:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honey sending more ((((HUGS))) and love and good thoughts your way. And just to make you smile because I know you really enjoyed the last booby pics we all posted and because this is just for you and no one else's thread...hellooooo DF yes it is you I am talking about...this is for PintoBean!!!! LOL this makes me look soooo flat chested but this shows you how much I care about you PB. Sharing it with you to make you laugh. I took this when my leg was broken (and you can see my walker and part of the cast in the photo sort of) and of course where did my mind go? Just broke my leg, had surgery and I start thinking uh oh I have no suitable bathing suit for pool physical therapy so I go online and order a modest bathing suit LOLOLOL. And it arrives and I had to try it on immediately despite the quite agonizing pain I was still experiencing. I am cuckoo to use your term.:razz: I never wore it and it still has the tags. Yes it is super modest but hey I am 51 you know. Nobody wants to see my body (with the exception of my dh that is thank goodness he still wants to!:lol:).

bathingsuitpicofmeandwalker.jpg

I'm also a small size like you missy and although I have a drawer full of nice quality one piece suits, my favorites and the most comfortable ones I've bought over the last three years are Lands End tankinis. I choose between a slew of tops, then choose from a slew of bottoms and create a bathing suit. I'm too old to not be comfortable anymore and even though I'm small, I've had twelve surgeries on my belly and gosh, who wants to see that?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK ... funny face palm time...:shifty:
I stream Netflix during the day. I saw that there are new episodes of Jane the Virgin - cool a comedy! The show's funny and warm and I like it so I'm excited about the new releases season.

FYI - my husband's name is Michael...

Guess what? (Spoiler alert) Jane's husband Michael DIES leaving her a widow.:-o

:confused:

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch Jane the Virgin too! I love the three women that make up Jane's immediate family. They are all so beautiful and so strong!

I'm also enjoying the last two seasons of Gilmore Girls and the just released Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
{{{{Hugs}}}} PB. I am so sorry that every single thing is so difficult these day, but happy that these lovely women of PS can lift your spirits a little tiny bit. I won't post a boobie shot. At 57 no one needs to see that. My, we have some real beauties here. It sucks, that plans you have made now have to be re-adjusted and changed. I am sure you will do well in the future. You are a great person and a strong woman, even though it doesn't feel like it right now.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No fair @luv2sparkle, I'm also 57, 58 in a couple of weeks, get the camera out!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB...
bighug5.gif

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PInto, I'm sorry you are dealing with all of this. All of it just sucks. I thinking we may have sane the mom! Just remember you have all of us here in your corner.

I would send a picture but at 58 years old you know NO ONE needs to see pictures of me. It's bad enough you had to see me In person.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI everyone - Calliecake is like the most glamorous doll! Like seriously gorgeous, and super engaging and charming to boot!:appl:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PInto, Sweetheart didn't your mom you it's not nice to lie?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI everyone - Calliecake is like the most glamorous doll! Like seriously gorgeous, and super engaging and charming to boot!:appl:

Callie, are you from Long Island by any chance?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, PB, your ups and downs are just so heartbreaking. We all wish there was something we could do to provide some comfort for you. As far as your job, try not to look too far down the road. At this point, just day by day and step by step. During some of the most stressful times in my life if I looked too far ahead it made me crazy. In a year from now, life may have taken a different, more rewarding path for you. Meanwhile, just keep posting your thoughts - good and bad. I think it is good therapy for you to write this stuff down. Take it out of your head into print so you can move beyond it. Big hugs to you!!

Q

Queenie60

I pray for you daily PB. Wishing you strength to carry on. Take care - your in my thoughts. One day when I come to NYC (hopefully soon) maybe you can meet me at IDJ!!! It would be a pleasure to see you and to break bread with you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results