color
clarity

I'm a widow

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you put it that way....:errrr::lol:
I know, right?!

Well it could have been a bit better. Like take a picture of this sauce dribble on my shirt but keep my face out of it.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mom - Here son take my phone and please take a picture of my chest and make sure to get the cleavage. Keep my face out of the frame please. And DON'T text it to any of your friends.

Son - Have you been drinking or are you crazy?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just realized I took a picture that actually included my rose cut, though it is not a great representation. 20170605_144420.jpg I probably should have posted that one....at least I am not just sharing boobies;-)

You ladies (and men) are great. The support and kind words in this thread are great to see in today's World. PB, it also shows how highly you are regarded.

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
A bit off topic...Phanie -- I was just sketching out a pendant idea for a custom setting for a moonstone and it closely resembles the shape of yours. I'm taking that as a sign that I should proceed with the project. Nice boobs, too.
Thank you.
I got this pendant from Erica at Love Affairs Diamonds. We were having drinks in Seattle for a PS friend's birthday and we were sharing our bling. Erica wiped out this saying " it is so YOU!" And I died because i had zero bling money. She said don't worry i am keeping it for you.
Got the money unexpectedly and it was mine way faster than I thought.
It is amazing and I am so lucky to have a friend ( or two or more) looking out for me and bling.
Maybe i should post it on SMTB...

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of depraved Mom am I that my first thought after failing to find the coveted boob photo was to get my impressionable son to take one for me?? I can only imagine his reaction had I asked him! I'm honestly so disturbed that I must go drink another glass of wine!
I had similar moment recently with my 19yo son. I was trying to keep the details of my upcoming surgery very generic but a few days ago he outright asked me what was going on. The jaw-dropped blank stare he gave me when I told him I was having a breast reduction was enough to make me walk to my room and then break out in hysterics :lol:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had similar moment recently with my 19yo son. I was trying to keep the details of my upcoming surgery very generic but a few days ago he outright asked me what was going on. The jaw-dropped blank stare he gave me when I told him I was having a breast reduction was enough to make me walk to my room and then break out in hysterics :lol:
That's too funny! Yeah, we are at the stage where my 12 year old is all embarrassed by anything overtly female....I guess 19 isn't any better?? :roll: I hope that your surgery goes well and that you recover quickly!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Every time I refresh I'm :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Does anyone know where DF lives? We should do a wellness visit bahahahahahahahaha!
Not in the safe part of town, so don't wear any jewelry when you guys come to visit me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not in the safe part of town, so don't wear any jewelry when you guys come to visit me.

A PS GTG without bling.

That's gotta' be a first.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grrrr... half inch of red wine makes me sad when I drink it alone!!!

And... I think I need to take up yoga before it gets cool bc DH used to moisturize my back due to my inability to reach around. Flex-a-what?

Tonight I had to think twice about splurging on fettuccine alfredo. I was kinda glad that the phone rang and rang and no one picked up when I tried to order it. I have a freezer full of frozen meals my girls from my last job had delivered to me and leftovers in the fridge! Oh, and many palates of wet cat food and many bags of grain free dry cat food (ooo low carb)! :whistle::think::confused::lickout: I ended up eating leftover samosa chaat! Yum! It's as colorful as a Mexican 7 layer dip but even tastier lololol! The reality is that there is no longer an extra salary to splurge on. DH paid for take out and groceries. My work contract could end very soon, and I was told that if I opt for cobra to continue DH's insurance coverage it could be a whopping $680 a month? Until I get the death benefits paid out to me AND work lined up I have to be conservative. Thank god I rock $40 sneakers and $6 Walmart wedge flip flops in the summer bahahahhaa!

I think I can take a significant pay cut and still live comfortably - 50% even but I have to work steadily. This is quite daunting to me because not too long ago DH and I were talking about him working part time while I worked full time, but that was still going to be more than just one income. Now I have to retrain my brain to think solo.

I also need to make provisions for my cats. My mom once told me that she and dad have so much saved for retirement that they will feasibly only dip into half and the other half will go to me. Well, as we all know, sometimes people pass out of order, so that money means nothing to me. I NEED to make sure my 4 cats have the house or somewhere to live where they will be beloved. I NEED to make sure they are cared for by the right people.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoga is great for mind and body. I feel a lot better when I am able to do it. Look around and you can get into classes for $10 specials. (Or do DVD if you have some experience and just want to do at home)

Your dinner sounds amazing! What great friends to stock you up on such yummy options. Much better sounding than even fettuccine alfredo.

I'm sorry you have to think about finances at all, but glad you seem to be in pretty good shape that way. I hope you get another (amazing) contract soon so you don't have to stress any more than I know you will anyway.

Take care of updating your will and including your cats, but remember you can change it again. It doesn't have to be the perfect option. Just update to a good solution for now and give yourself time to find a better option and you can update again. (I know any number of us here would be happy to take your cats and love them if anything happened to you. Could always do that as your short term solution while you decide how to set stuff up.)

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always joke that my goal is to start a halfway house for runaway cats someday, but in all seriousness I know you don't know me, but you could sign me up for a kitty if you ever needed to.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I usually love refreshing this thread to read new posts bc it's like many many hugs from my guardian angels around the world, but the past 24 hours has been like pure comic gold Bahahahahha.

Last night I had, can we call it, an existential crisis?! Where I questioned if my husband had truly existed. It felt like in a blink of an eye he was in my life and in a blink of an eye he was gone. :sick:

@gemgirl 's dog Chloe is a thoughtful genius and she texted me early in the AM to make sure I was up for my therapy session. I really like the psychologist. She's got a warm, calming manner about her. The session room has a rocking chair and an armless bench to lay down on. It's got a beautiful quilt pattern cover on it, not like traditional quilt but squares of velvet and patterns in jewel tones. Session is 45 minutes and I must be a fast talker bc I talked about DH, his death, alcoholism, my weight, and my childhood relationship with my mom bahahahahah. She filled a piece of paper with notes.:lol-2: Thankfully next week will be at a decent hour of the day lololol! The good thing about this AM session was that I got to buy a bagel for breakfast on the way home, and I've devoured half and may consume the other half. While I have kicked caffeine from just not drinking any last week, I opted to make myself a cup this AM to try to resume normal habits. I am in better spirits between all of you cracking me up (and working out my abs) and the therapy session.

You're just lucky that Chloe didn't wake you when she wakes me up before 5:30. At least you got an extra hour of sleep. That furkid, using my phone to text. It's confusing as to how she does it with no thumbs and all.

Yeah, this is her "who me?" "what did I do?" face. "It wasn't me Ma. I swear. It was Cassie. I've been framed!!!"

Does she look:roll: innocent to you?

IMG_2295.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awwww gemgirl, Chloe looks so sweet and innocent...BIG HUGS to her!!!

And :lol::lol::lol: LaurenK your sweet pussy looks so sweet even shaved and neatly groomed. Natural or shaved she's a beauty.:love::razz:

Elliot86 that is so kind of you to offer to take a kitty if necessary. You are a doll!!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean I am sending buckets of good luck work vibes your way!!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had my pussy shaved recently :snooty::silenced::shifty:
(I laughed so much at myself but I am so sorry if I offend anyone!) Hahahah

IMG_1124.JPG

OMG hahahahhaah poor pussy that was a close shave!! She's gorgeous!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
PInto Bean, Alcohol can act as a depressant. If you know it makes you sad try to stay away from it. I hope today is good day for you Pinto. I'm so glad you are comfortable talking to us about how you are feeling. I crisis counselor told me many years ago that if you can talk about something that's extremely painfully you will recover and be able to be happy in your life going forward. I believe this to be true and am so glad you handling this so well, Your family and the people around you must be so proud of you. I know your Pricescope people are! Hugs.

I understand how you are feeling about wanting to make provisions for your babies. Honey you have a long happy life ahead of you. I know that may be a little difficult to believe now, but you do Sweetheart. I had The whi will care for our furbaby conversation with my family awhile back. One SIL immediately volunteered to take my dog. The other said of course they would do it but were worried about how their dog and mine would interact for more than a few hours. My mom sat there and said zip, nada, nothing. I made a remark after they spoke that I had planned to leave a certain dollar amount aside from the normal amount needed to care for our furbaby for the person who takes care of. My mother jumped at the chance to take my baby then. Nope that's not happening,

This thread is giving me serious boob envy. I told my husband last night that I may need some new prettier boobs.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Neil and I boarded our three furgirls years ago (a very rare event that we *ever* board them but when we do, they get a private room, never in crates) when we went to our friends new lake house to spend the weekend, we got into the conversation of what we would do, how we would provide for them, if it ever happened that we should pass away together, like on a plane that crashed, etc. What we decided is that we would have to choose a godparent for our girls who would take ALL three girls and not break up their little fur family. We gave each other some time to mull this over, weeks actually, and surprisingly enough, we came up with the same person. He is a man (who is long married and has a lovely family of grown children) who Neil has known for more than 25 yrs., who loves as in "ass over tea kettle LOVES" dogs and always stops by to see the girls when he is in the neighborhood. (plumbing and heating contractor, always driving). He would come to the house and lay on the floor of the hallway and play with the girls for fifteen or more minutes. He has such love in his heart for all of them. So we asked "Uncle Dennis" if he and his wife would take them all if anything ever happened to the both of us. He had to discuss it with his wife of course, but he came back a short time later with a "yes" for us. My heart was immediately at peace that they would be OK.

For all of us who truly love our animals, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all if everyone chooses a guardian for your furkids in the event of the unthinkable. Uncle Dennis knows what we feed them, has our house call Vet's name, knows that they go to the groomer once every four weeks, knows they're personalities, etc. and now we don't have to think about the "what if's" anymore. We have sadly lost part of our hearts last January when our Bella was taken from us by the cancer beast, but after a bit of time to heal, we have decided to bring a sister (for our girls) into our fur family by next Spring. Dennis will be made aware of that decision and will be asked again, "are you still OK with taking them ALL?" No doubts, he will say yes.

No more worrying and we have peace of mind. Why aren't they as important as who gets this ring and who gets my diamond earrings?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh... my realtor just called to blather on ... she tends to have diarrhea of the mouth... about how it's been a terrible time and 3 deaths including my DH and a stillborn baby and some friend of hers being at my husband's accident. I eventually just stopped her and said I have to go. I stayed on the phone too long. My stomach hurts now and my back and jaw are tense. I want to pummel my husband's chest and stomach and scream at him for leaving.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have promised to take my best friend's two Malamute/Wolf Hybrids if she and her husband die or become homeless. They have seven dogs now because one died and I am also very close to their Pit Bull, but the Pit Bull and the male of the bonded pair of Malamute/Wolf Hybrids want to kill each other and have to remain separated. I couldn't manage my Newfie ; the pair (which are huge) and the Pit Bull which cannot be near the male Malamute/Wolf Hybrid! In fact, I really don't know how I could manage the three huge dogs as it is, but luckily they all get along and now I would not have to worry about them trampling my father. My friend's dogs are half wild, though, and would run away if they could. They may also bite strangers!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to pummel my husband's chest and stomach and scream at him for leaving.
This is good sweetheart, although I know it doesn't feel good. It's a normal reaction that shows you're working through your grief and moving toward a new foundation for your life. Scream if you want to; pummel a pillow and relieve some of that tension.

It's no comfort to you, but I understand why people feel compelled to share their woes with someone who is dealing with a death. They feel they are on common ground and that you will understand their pain through empathy. I also understand that they tend to want to make it all about them. People are clumsy when attempting to "help" in these situations because most folks just don't have enough experience with death of a loved one to know what to do and what to say. You have done well shielding yourself and setting boundaries and I understand that you may resent having to do so. Hugs and love to you from me. And may the fleas of a thousand camels infest the undies of anyone who upsets you.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh... my realtor just called to blather on ... she tends to have diarrhea of the mouth... about how it's been a terrible time and 3 deaths including my DH and a stillborn baby and some friend of hers being at my husband's accident. I eventually just stopped her and said I have to go. I stayed on the phone too long. My stomach hurts now and my back and jaw are tense. I want to pummel my husband's chest and stomach and scream at him for leaving.

OK, now I want to grab this woman by the shoulders and shake her (on your behalf). What's wrong with people? You're a person, a woman, a wife with very deep complex feelings about what has happened. Let her go and do "what's new in the news" with someone else!

Sorry about that but some people just don't have a working brain, it seems. Please go, sit, relax, lay down. Grab a kitty and bury your face in his fur and decompress.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between the realtor and other things setting me off, I started feeling my heart pounding and a tightness in my chest. I ended up lucking out that my neighbor (an anesthesiologist) is home. She came over and checked my heart rate. I'm ok. I have a tendency to hold stress in and it manifests itself physically.

I have to scan the death certificate to send out. I put it off for today and today I'm not ok to do it yet either. Tomorrow it is.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pinto, in the future you may just need to excuse yourself and leave or hang up the phone if conversations go down a road that you feel will upset or aggravate you. You do what is best for you. I really think people think they are trying to help even though many times they are doing the exact opposite.

If you feel like you are having panic attacks the doctor can prescribe something to help you. For what it's worth my husband had a very hard time with seeing and sending the death certificate when he was dealing with his mom's estate. All of this sucks! I'm sorry honey. Hugs

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish someone could be there to be your personal secretary...make copies/send out paperwork, deal with phone calls, and to handle anything you just dont feel like dealing with at the moment. We've all been amazed at the strength you have showed Pinto.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results