shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had a 3 carat round......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 5:09:42 PM
Author: DIAMOND*QUEST
Yes, the pear out of my halo is going towards the upgrade. I am keeping the setting and putting a morganite or sapphire for a rhr.
Exsqueeze me, where is this pear halo? Have I seen it? I couldn''t find the thread.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d copy and post it, but I might upset someone.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 7:28:42 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
9.gif
Was it modeled after Mary Alaina''s? Otherwise, I don''t get it. I''m out of the loop.
2.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/24/2006 7:31:55 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Date: 5/24/2006 7:28:42 PM

9.gif

Was it modeled after Mary Alaina''s? Otherwise, I don''t get it. I''m out of the loop.
2.gif
Actually, it''s the other way around. MA''s was modeled after DQs. Uncredited, however.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then this must be your pear halo ring, below? Because this ring comes from the DiamondTalk forum (I have long forgotten the user''s name, but it was when I used to post there) and was the inspiration for Mary Alaina''s ring. Is this yours? I saved it way back when it was posted there.

pear microsetting.jpg

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Oh FireGoddess, you must have a gander at the thread in RT entitled "what kind of rings are in this year" and jump back into the loop!!!!!
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks like Diamond Lil''s split shank halo? There are so many stunning pear halos around here I can''t even keep track!!

I am currently enamored with split shanks for large stones, so a 3c in a pave split shank would just be divine!!! Even if Britney does have one, it''s way more classic than she will ever be!
5.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re pretty intuitive, FG!

DQ, will you post the picture of your ring?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OH that IS DQ''s ring up there..DER!

From what DQ said in the other thread, it doesn''t sound like she''ll mind her picture being posted.
9.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay! Got it! I knew I spent way too much time here to not be in some sort of loop.
2.gif
I just ignored the wrong thread.
9.gif

DQ's ring is STUNNING and was the first pear halo I just adored so much. I didn't make the connection cuz that was not her call name (Tickled Pink?) on DiamondTalk during the brief period I posted there and saw the ring.

DQ's ring was the inspiration for MaryAlaina's and was the inspiration for Diamondlil's. Got it? YAY!

I'm sad to hear you'll be parting with the stone, though that setting will look amazing with a colored stone. That ring has inspired many of us (including me) so I'm glad you're keeping the setting!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/24/2006 8:35:45 PM
You''re pretty intuitive, FG!
I know my pears, DS.
2.gif
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol!I wasn''t in the loop either because I had not read the thread until someone hinted that DQ had done something VERY funny on another thread,so I went and found it!

But I''ll have to say, you girls have given me a serious appreciation for pears!

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Update- Waiting on James Allen to review my certs. Holding my breath as he has had them for over 24 hours with no responses yet. I have a feeling that I''m not going to get what I paid, but we will see how close. Any other vendors take diamonds in trade? Anybody seen any round diamonds in the 3 carat range that look nice? I am willing to go down to a 2.5c if it is the "right" diamond. I can deal with a color of ghi, but it is hard for me to go down in clarity as I own nothing less than a vs-2. Can you guys tell a vs from an si1-2 diamond when they are side by side? I actually like a little bit of warmth in a diamond. I know you diamondaholics like to shop for other people so help me out here.
31.gif

SLK

Rough_Rock
How about this one?

http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-2408729.htm

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I am a longtime lurker and am currently having my 4.19 carat round set in a halo mounting. I don''t have pictures of it yet, but I do have pictures of the ring that inspired me to do this. The center stone in that ring is a 5.01 carat round - would that be helpful for you to see or is that too big?

Then I need to see if I can actually figure out how to resize and attach the picture!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 5:44:31 PM
Author: lvnut
I am a longtime lurker and am currently having my 4.19 carat round set in a halo mounting. I don''t have pictures of it yet, but I do have pictures of the ring that inspired me to do this. The center stone in that ring is a 5.01 carat round - would that be helpful for you to see or is that too big?

Then I need to see if I can actually figure out how to resize and attach the picture!

I''m not DQ but I would love to see the pic with a 5 carat round in a halo
36.gif

and we''re going to want to see you new bauble as soon as you can get some pictures
1.gif

ELL

Rough_Rock
I second that!!!! Let''s see it!
36.gif

P.S. If you figure out how to resize the pictures.....let me know.
37.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Okay - I''m going to give this a try. This picture actually turned out pretty well - it is a comparison shot of the 5.01 in the halo vs. a 5.18 round solitaire with baguettes. I took it so I could convince my husband that getting a halo would make my diamond look bigger and make me happy without having to upgrade again!

Well I was going to try - but I can''t seem to figure out how to resize the file - it is 777 KB - from reading the FAQ''s - that''s way too big. I''m going to keep trying...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 6:22:14 PM
Author: ELL

P.S. If you figure out how to resize the pictures.....let me know.
37.gif

you can read belle's instuctions
here

if you have a mac...let me know and I'll help with instuctions
35.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I feel really stupid - I actually printed those instructions and they aren''t working - is it because I am using Microsoft Office Picture Manager?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about microsoft
7.gif
. you can always email them to the admin. and they will post them for you.

i know with a mac you have to go into the picure program and then export them to your desktop. that''s where you resize them and give them a new, unique name. once they are on your desk top then you can hit the attach file in the post, hit browse and the picture should come up for you to "open" and it will attach.

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Let''s see if this works...

halocomparisonshot.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
lets see if this one is bigger???

Edit: nope, i'll try again
26.gif

halocomparisonshotresize.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
I''m trying to make it bigger - now you can see why I have just been lurking for so long! Obviously not very good at this...

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 6:26:35 PM
Author: lvnut
Okay - I''m going to give this a try. This picture actually turned out pretty well - it is a comparison shot of the 5.01 in the halo vs. a 5.18 round solitaire with baguettes. I took it so I could convince my husband that getting a halo would make my diamond look bigger and make me happy without having to upgrade again!

Well I was going to try - but I can''t seem to figure out how to resize the file - it is 777 KB - from reading the FAQ''s - that''s way too big. I''m going to keep trying...

Upgrade? You want to upgrade a 5ct
33.gif
Does shrinkage set in when they''re that big?

The picture looks lovely...can''t wait for a bigger picture
36.gif

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
My stone is 4.19 - the one I took pictures of is 5.01. I''ve had my stone for almost nine years - and yes, unfortunately, shrinkage does set in!

P.S. I am still trying to get the right size...

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Let''s see if this works...

resizedhalocomparisonshot.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooooh, can I have the one with the baguettes???? I love it!!!!

cutey TT

Shiny_Rock
I agree! Those are beautiful~!
36.gif

lvnut - Do you have any other info on those two? I know you mentioned they are 5.01 in the halo and a 5.18 with the baguettes...but color, clarity, jeweler? And is the same jeweler making your halo for the 4.19? Can''t wait to see the finished product, I''m sure it''s going to be amazing!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/25/2006 7:37:41 PM
Ooooooh, can I have the one with the baguettes???? I love it!!!!

~~I second that!!!
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results