shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had a 3 carat round......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
how would you set it? Rings only please. Possible new project in the works. Thanks!
25.gif

If you own a 3 carat in a halo setting, would you mind showing it to me on the hand?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love split shank halos and I also love a round with pear or half moon sides...

ELL

Rough_Rock
3.06 center

custom king_edited.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to echo DF''s half-moon sides idea. I''ve been dying to see someone here with this design!!!

Is this for a RHR or upgrade?

ELL

Rough_Rock
Stardust diamonds from website

lisa 1.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
Stardust diamonds..........side view

lisa 3.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
ell, does that ring fit into the middle to make one ring or is it one ring all made together? very pretty. I also have seen a round that has a halo and then it has round or half moon sides that also have a halo...I am just not sure where I have seen a photo...

ELL

Rough_Rock
This is all one ring with .50 carat brilliant trapiziod cut diamonds on the sides. The diamonds go all the way down both sides of the shank and around the center. I will try to find a side view for you. The ring is 14 mm wide and quite a knock out!!!!

JenStone

Shiny_Rock
The Daniel K Split Crown! The attached picture is with an asscher, but I think it''d look gorgeous with any shape.

1085a.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
cool halo

mon4.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
side veiw

mon 5.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
KristyDarling......
Will you post a picture of your ring with the pear shaped sides. It is one of my favorites of all time with the 3 carat center. I LOVE YOUR RING!!!!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you halo a three carat stone, you are going to have one massive ring!

I would probably just keep a solitaire setting - would not have thought about sidestones for a stone that large until I saw KristyDarling''s new ring. Her pear side stones are great with her stone but it is still a substantial ring!

What are you thinking of doing with the stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2006 6:35:47 PM
Author: ELL
KristyDarling......
Will you post a picture of your ring with the pear shaped sides. It is one of my favorites of all time with the 3 carat center. I LOVE YOUR RING!!!!!!!
I was about to say the same thing! I think it is very elegant and classy! The above rings are toooo blingy for my taste (pretty to look at, but not very practical to wear). I''d take Kristy''s any day!!!
30.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto the solitaire most likely!!

ELL

Rough_Rock

362rdwittril_1.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock

362rdwittril_2.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock

362rdwittril_3.jpg

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Ell, that is a serious ring. Wow. I actually liked Kristydarlings solitaire from James Allen. This would be an upgrade. I was thinking the halo would be too big, but maybe if the halo was with pink diamonds instead of white. Well, on second thought that might be gaudy.

ELL

Rough_Rock
OOOOH, I like! Seems like it wouldn''t be too bulky either. What size fingers do you have?

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Hey Ell- 5.5 is the ring size. Where did you find the first ring with the 3.06?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
THAT is stunning, and it would look great with a colored stone as well! AMAZING and the right balance of bling, bulk and tasteful style...

widget

Ideal_Rock
I agree with those who think a halo is too much for a beautiful big honker...

Here's KristyDarling's ring.....3.5 something cts center....I think it just can't get any better than this!!!!!
3.gif

widget

ETA: DQ....I'm one of your newest devoted fans...ever since I saw your contribution to that "other" hysterical thread!
36.gif

Un86hede3.jpg

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, great question!

Here''s my question: does anyone have ANY handshots of 3ct RB halo rings?

I''d love love love to see one. I''m tempted to do it, but think it might be too much with a wedding band.

I love the look of a solitaire but think it''d be fun to try a new setting for a while.
Would halo''ing a 3ct. be too much, though? Anyone have a pic?

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
DiamondQuest...Go to the Celebrity Rings thread in SMTR and look up Geena Nolan''s 7 carat round. If I recall its a micropave halo in a split shank that is really beautiful.

ELL

Rough_Rock
"where did you find the first picture of the ring with the 3.06 center"

I had it custom made by my goldsmith for a customer of mine. I have more pictures but they are too large to post. Is there a way I can email them to you direct without giving the world your email address. I am computer challenged and do not know how to reformat them to shrink the size. If you like the ring you should absolutley see the side profile. The lady who owns this ring is also a 5.5 ring size and although the ring is a HUGE amount of bling it just fits her! Some people can just "carry" a larger ring. I will be happy to give you all the specs if you want them.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2006 10:58:01 PM
Author: widget
I agree with those who think a halo is too much for a beautiful big honker...

Here''s KristyDarling''s ring.....3.5 something cts center....I think it just can''t get any better than this!!!!!
3.gif

widget

ETA: DQ....I''m one of your newest devoted fans...ever since I saw your contribution to that ''other'' hysterical thread!
36.gif

I agree...Kristy''s ring is probably one of the most stunning rings on the site, or anywhere, for that matter! I love it and it is so timeless and elegant!

Widget, which other thread? (yes I am nosy!!!)

ELL

Rough_Rock
This is an examole of a delicate halo on a large diamond.

mon 9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results