shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had a 3 carat round......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked this up after drooling over the reset of your stunner! I remember those side by side photos and STILL get shcoked by the difference the halo makes. It looks just so great.

Yes, I have the 9 carat emerald cut. I love it and have to say I do not find it too big, I feel comfortable wearing it MOST places. I do leave it home to rest occasionally. Whenever I think it is looking a bit dingy, I go back to my salesman at Tiffany''s, he steams it for me (while telling me I should keep it cleaner!) and it looks amazing to me again. It was my third stone. My dh thought I was nuts but now he sees that it looks fine on my hand and doesn''t shake his head in shock anymore. (He has finally figured me out!)

Enjoy your stunner in the best of health, and do not keep us in suspense about your old setting...any plans for it?

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
DiamondFan, are there any pix of your stunner?

If so, could you direct me to it?

Thanks! Must see the 9ct. EC
36.gif

ello

Brilliant_Rock
If the 3ct - ''fairy'' patted me on the head I would go for this setting....

r360-04W.jpg

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
Hi Diamond Fan - I just replied in the other thread about thoughts on the old setting - let me know if you think of any ideas! Your ring is awesome and a great size! About steaming your ring - have you seen the Jewel Jet? It''s a steamer you can buy for home use - I love it! You can get them online, but I got it from one of my local jewelers. It was about $95.

I wish I had a 9 carat diamond! When I first got my upgrade, my first day wearing it my husband said "You''re bordering" and I said "on obnoxious..." he thought it seemed so big at the time! Now we''re both used to it, I''ve had it for nine years. I''d go bigger if it was in the budget...

ello

Brilliant_Rock
And if the 3ct-fairy decided to give me a 3ct-CUSHION....I would take this one...

313Ashley.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I titiled a thread Pictures of My Emerald Cut finally, and also Nan posted it in show me the ring...awful pictures, it was my older camera and they are just the pits, but it gives you a sense...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/8/2006 10:01:57 AM
Author: lvnut
Hi Diamond Fan - I just replied in the other thread about thoughts on the old setting - let me know if you think of any ideas! Your ring is awesome and a great size! About steaming your ring - have you seen the Jewel Jet? It''s a steamer you can buy for home use - I love it! You can get them online, but I got it from one of my local jewelers. It was about $95.

I wish I had a 9 carat diamond! When I first got my upgrade, my first day wearing it my husband said ''You''re bordering'' and I said ''on obnoxious...'' he thought it seemed so big at the time! Now we''re both used to it, I''ve had it for nine years. I''d go bigger if it was in the budget...
It is gorgeous, my first stone was a round about 1.5 carats and not that great in terms of quality. Then, I moved to the East coast and decided that I really was unhappy with my ring so I wanted to upgrade, and I really did not like my round in yellow gold and I decided to go a totally different direction. We were not from the area and did not really know who was a reputable jeweler. I decided on an emerald cut, and my hubby went to the Tiffany''s here...and gave me a three stone ring which was stunnung, 3 carat center stone and one carat on each side, all E VVS1. I had it about 5 years and just decided at 40 I wanted something in the 8-10 carat range. Tiffany''s allows you to trade up, so we thought it made the most sense. My current ring is 9.22 carats and is G VS1, so it is stunning too, but I was not getting an E/VVS stone in that size. Just not happening. I do love it, and it is very white and clean. I am a bling girl though, so I felt comfotable carrying this off, and the place I live supports it too, I do not feel too out of place and have seen comparable rings around.

Where did you get the steamer? Is it safe, effective, easy to use? I use windex and blow dry the ring after, but it is not the same as the steamer in the store. My cousin is a jeweler and really does not like ultrasonic, so I am looking for something effective...

Your ring is a STUNNER. Enjoy it. I would make rings or a necklace out of your old setting. How many stones are there? What size are they? (I think you told it in the thread somewhere...) anyway, I would come up with something like that so I did not leave the diamonds sitting in a box...a good jeweler could help you come up with something!

lvnut

Shiny_Rock
That''s so funny that you blow dry your rings - I do it too! (I hate water spots on the table!) I usually soak them for a bit, then scrub with a little brush and then blow them dry. I used to use an ultrasonic years ago, but since my old ring (a few rings back!) had channel set stones the jeweler warned me not to use it too often since it could loosen the stones - and sure enough it did - had to learn that lesson the hard way!

You''ll love the Jewel Jet - it works great! I bought it at a small local jeweler who I had custom make a pink tourmaline halo ring last year. I just checked and they have a website - www.jeweljet.com - you can also find them on e-bay.

I''m not sure what to do with the diamonds in my old ring - there are 16 .25 princess cuts and 24 graduated princess cuts ranging from 7 points up to about 22 points and 2 small baguettes that you couldn''t really see from the top of the ring because my diamond hid them. I still like the setting so I''m afraid if I take it apart I may regret it later.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks, I will check out the site. My cousin taught me the blow dry trick, and I think it helps, but if you have hard water it is not so great. I have tried so many things and have never really come up with one technique or method that I love and think is superior. The steamers in a store are going to be so much stronger, so I never really thought about getting a home one since I doubted the PSI would come close, and the pressure is what makes it work.

You can always keep your setting for now, see how you feel about it later. No harm in taking your time! You have a stunner to wear now, so let it be something you think about down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results