shape
carat
color
clarity

If you had a 3 carat round......

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ELL

Rough_Rock
Side veiw

mon 10.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
A little less bling.

mon 11.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
Side view. This one is awsome in real life. (courtesy of stardust diamonds)

mon 12.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ell, those rings are amazingly stunning! I do not have a round but boy if I did...those are stunning!

ELL

Rough_Rock
9.gif
Thanks

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very kind of you to mention my ring.
9.gif

Other setting ideas I entertained were mounting the stone with half moon sides, or, as a solitaire on a thinnish pave band. I love the recent GTG pics of JadieJewel''s 2 carat classic solitaire on that dainty 2mm knife-edge band -- if I were to re-set my stone as a solitaire it would probably be something like that.

As for halo-ing a 3 carat stone....weeeelllll, unless you have larger fingers and a flair for the dramatic, I''d think carefully about that option. I''d be worried about the heavy, cocktail-ish feel. (unless that''s what you''re going for) I''m ambivalent about split-shanks...they''re very pretty but for some reason the image of Britney Spears'' e-ring pops into my head!

I''ll have to keep thinking about this one.....

ELL

Rough_Rock
Another delicate halo

mon 7.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
Different veiw

mon 8.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
KristyDarling,
Do people seem to comment on your diamond more now with the pears on the sides or the same? Do you notice a difference in peoples reaction to it? What part of the country do you live?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Not a round...but here''s my oval halo

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Here it is:

01_16_06_1407.jpg

ELL

Rough_Rock
WOW!!!! How big is your center.?
36.gif
DROP DEAD GORGEOUS!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MARVEL! That is stunning! Are those pink diamonds in the halo or am I just seeing things?? Please remind us of the specs? Wow!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/23/2006 1:13:14 AM
Author: ELL
KristyDarling,

Do people seem to comment on your diamond more now with the pears on the sides or the same? Do you notice a difference in peoples reaction to it? What part of the country do you live?
I have not noticed more comments with the pear sides, actually. Probably about the same as when it was a solitaire. Most people in public generally do the covert quick-dart glance at my ring before looking away and they usually don''t say anything. I live in San Francisco, the land of big rocks along with LA and NYC. I was at lunch the other day with 2 girlfriends (wives of my husbands'' business associates) and I had "only" the second biggest diamond...the perception of diamond reality does get screwy around here.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks girls
emlove.gif

ELL, It's a 3ct oval/G. I'm still waiting for the apprasial, so that's all the specs I have right now.

KristyDarling, The picture was taken with my camera phone, so it's not the best picture. There's no pink diamodns, just a reflection. Great idea though
emthup.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you sure that''s "only" 3 carats? You must have size 2 fingers or something because that looks like a 4-5 carat stone to me!
30.gif
I''m not usually a halo person but yours is very fine and dainty. It''s beautiful!
30.gif

ELL

Rough_Rock
I live in San Diego and experience the same "fantasy land reality" you have there. Yesterday I ran into a lady who had a 10 carat cushion cut diamond with 1.0 carat moons on each side! Wow!!!! (it was pretty yellow though)

ELL

Rough_Rock
Ditto! I thought it looked like a 5.0 carat center. (ovals do look larger than rounds but WOW!)

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 1:35:36 AM
Author: KristyDarling
Are you sure that''s ''only'' 3 carats? You must have size 2 fingers or something because that looks like a 4-5 carat stone to me!
30.gif
I''m not usually a halo person but yours is very fine and dainty. It''s beautiful!
30.gif
Thanks, Kristy...I haven''t posted many pictures because I don''t have any good ones. I''m one of those crazy PSer''s that''s looking for a camera just to take picutures of my ring
20.gif
My ring size is about a 5 and I think the stone looks larger b/c it''s an oval. If it''s 4-5ct, we got a great deal on the stone
2.gif
I definately wanted a dainty halo and I have two eternity bands on each side of the e-ring. I have to get more picures
36.gif

ELL

Rough_Rock
21.gif
Post more pictures of that beauty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/23/2006 1:37:14 AM
Author: ELL
I live in San Diego and experience the same ''fantasy land reality'' you have there. Yesterday I ran into a lady who had a 10 carat cushion cut diamond with 1.0 carat moons on each side! Wow!!!! (it was pretty yellow though)
I live in So. Cal...so, it not unusual to see some bling around here!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
I think halos can be pretty but for a stone that size I think a halo would be too much. Let the stone shine by itself. I would set it in platinum with a single baguette on each side. LIke a Harry Winston or Tiffany style. Classic, timeless.

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
I missed out by going to bed at a reasonable hour last night. Now that I see the rounds with a three carat weight, it does look out of balance. I love the pear sides with KristyD''s honker round. It is beautiful, but I think I am getting away from pears for awhile. lol.
Widget, ya know what can I say? I had been holding my tongue or fingers as the case may be for almost a year. In 08/05, there was a 10-12 page discussion over the same absurd request by this person. All the while my ring is posted on her website. Actually she posted it here as well. I just couldn''t take it anymore. Here on PS, everybody is so nice to each other from what I have seen, and well, I just felt bad for Dreamer.
Diamondfan, look through my latest posts and you will see what is so funny!
Marvel, your oval is quite yummy! Do you all think if I went with a cushion or a square radiant with a halo that it wouldn''t look so "over the top"?
Ell, I would love to see more pics of that ring. Who can resize those pics for her so that she may share them?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about something like this Leon Mege..

leonpinkdiamonds1.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2006 10:58:01 PM
Author: widget
ETA: DQ....I''m one of your newest devoted fans...ever since I saw your contribution to that ''other'' hysterical thread!
36.gif
Me too! I just went and had a peek to see what was up - I must have missed that, too funny!
36.gif
Good luck with your ring DQ, I prefer to see the larger diamonds stand alone ( unless it is KD"S YUM
31.gif
) but you have what you want! That is what makes jewellery fun!

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Here are some others I think are really pretty.

pink halo.jpg

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
I think this is the bomb!!! I think this is something that CUT NUT made? AWESOME!!!!!

9ctRingBling2.jpg.jpg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love big stones by themselves or with tapered baguettes. Anything over 3 carats doesn't really need a halo or pave'.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results