shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are waiting on your custom design to come in...

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom- Victor was SO fast! How long did your ring take? Mine took LESS than 2 weeks :shock:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was teasing. My humor gets me in trouble. Please do not be offended. I like you so much!

Deb
:wavey:[/quote]

Big hugs for you deb!!! :wavey: :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junebug: yeah! Me too! I really enjoy this waiting together. Most of my friends could not care less about jewelry, so it's indeed great to come here and vent.

Update: I decided to follow my heart... Victor will add some milgrain and engraving. Looking forward to see what the result is! I am so inspired by the heirloom quality of some of your vintage inspired rings!

Sox: only 2 weeks!!! He is so fast and yet his qualtity is so consistent when you look at all the photo's. It took VC a while to find the lower color stones and he first had to finalize another project. My stones are recut from already polished stones. But from the time he made a first start it only took him about 2 weeks to finalize mine. It takes my local jeweller a lot more time to finalize projects that are a lot simpler.

Have you decided whether you will wear yours before your birthday Sox :Up_to_something:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377835454|3512290 said:
Junebug: yeah! Me too! I really enjoy this waiting together. Most of my friends could not care less about jewelry, so it's indeed great to come here and vent.

Update: I decided to follow my heart... Victor will add some milgrain and engraving. Looking forward to see what the result is! I am so inspired by the heirloom quality of some of your vintage inspired rings!

Sox: only 2 weeks!!! He is so fast and yet his qualtity is so consistent when you look at all the photo's. It took VC a while to find the lower color stones and he first had to finalize another project. My stones are recut from already polished stones. But from the time he made a first start it only took him about 2 weeks to finalize mine. It takes my local jeweller a lot more time to finalize projects that are a lot simpler.

Have you decided whether you will wear yours before your birthday Sox :Up_to_something:

When are you mailing it back? I'm glad you decided. It will be beautiful-truly an amazing heirloom!!!!!!!!!!!

My ring will hopefully be with Neil any day now, and I think he overnights them and his turn around time is a day or so, sooooo...I SHOULD have it next week. Which will be a little over a week before my birthday.

I may stick it out. Plus, I am DEFINITELY going to need a new manicure before I wear it! :lol:

I'm already planning a very thin sapphire and diamond band to stack with it. Or maybe 2 if my wedding band ends up not looking good with it...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When are you mailing it back? I'm glad you decided. It will be beautiful-truly an amazing heirloom!!!!!!!!!!!

My ring will hopefully be with Neil any day now, and I think he overnights them and his turn around time is a day or so, sooooo...I SHOULD have it next week. Which will be a little over a week before my birthday.

I may stick it out. Plus, I am DEFINITELY going to need a new manicure before I wear it! :lol:

I'm already planning a very thin sapphire and diamond band to stack with it. Or maybe 2 if my wedding band ends up not looking good with it...[/quote]

It will be extra special if you can manage to stick it out!
Do you already have one of those sapphire/diamond bands? Sounds divine!
:love: you will be able yo wear yours so doon already!

It wil still be a looooong time before I can wear mine. The setting is still at Victor and he will add the milgrain an engraving. It will then be shipped to Belgium. My jeweller already has my stone and he will have it set in the new VC setting :bigsmile:
Then I need to find time to go to Belgium and pick it up. So looking forward to that moment!!

Will you present some (unmanicured) handshots when the ring arrives? (And then back in the box to wait for your birthday)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377865110|3512376 said:

I'm already planning a very thin sapphire and diamond band to stack with it. Or maybe 2 if my wedding band ends up not looking good with it...

It will be extra special if you can manage to stick it out!
Do you already have one of those sapphire/diamond bands? Sounds divine!
:love: you will be able yo wear yours so doon already!

It wil still be a looooong time before I can wear mine. The setting is still at Victor and he will add the milgrain an engraving. It will then be shipped to Belgium. My jeweller already has my stone and he will have it set in the new VC setting :bigsmile:
Then I need to find time to go to Belgium and pick it up. So looking forward to that moment!!

Will you present some (unmanicured) handshots when the ring arrives? (And then back in the box to wait for your birthday)[/quote]

Of course! I need to read up on "how to take pictures of your diamonds.."

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently I am going to get CADs back at the end of this week for Gladys/Dixie. I am getting excited!!

Acinom, I cannot wait to see your ring. It's going to be spectacular!! I'd love to know the measurements! Have you posted them before?

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
misskittycat|1378161038|3513697 said:
Apparently I am going to get CADs back at the end of this week for Gladys/Dixie. I am getting excited!!

Acinom, I cannot wait to see your ring. It's going to be spectacular!! I'd love to know the measurements! Have you posted them before?

How exciting miss Kittycat!!!!

And do you mean the measurements of my stone? It's 11,48 x 11,36 x 6,20 mm

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Friday rolled around with no news, I figured something must have gone wrong. Yup, the ring needs to be remade and so it'll be at least another week or two, especially with the Labour Day weekend and Jewish holidays. Bummer!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1378350502|3514773 said:
When Friday rolled around with no news, I figured something must have gone wrong. Yup, the ring needs to be remade and so it'll be at least another week or two, especially with the Labour Day weekend and Jewish holidays. Bummer!

Oh no! Bug hug Chrono :wavey:
What happened with the ring?

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
How gorgeous Acinom! I can't wait to see your final setting. It's going to be amazing!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The halo turned out to slightly off-set (off-symmetry) because of the graduation. The bench is now approaching this task from a different angle and think they can do a better job the next round, so they are starting from scratch again.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks MissKittyCat! I am so looking forward to finally wear my ring! I am currently waiting for a photo to see the milgrain and engraving.

Chrono: oh no!! Well, at least they are striving for perfection!! I am glad they didn't present you the faulty version hoping you wouldn't notice!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1378387939|3514918 said:
Thanks MissKittyCat! I am so looking forward to finally wear my ring! I am currently waiting for a photo to see the milgrain and engraving.

Chrono: oh no!! Well, at least they are striving for perfection!! I am glad they didn't present you the faulty version hoping you wouldn't notice!

Total bummer, Chrono! :cry: But yes, it is good they are making it over and didn't give you something that was crooked!

My ring will be here tomorrow!!! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1378397814|3515008 said:
Acinom|1378387939|3514918 said:

Total bummer, Chrono! :cry: But yes, it is good they are making it over and didn't give you something that was crooked!

My ring will be here tomorrow!!! :appl:

:D Was thinking about you Soxfan! It's great that you will have your beautiful ring tomorrow. Don't forget to start a SMTB thread :lol:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My VC setting is on its way from Los Angeles to Antwerp, Belgium where it will be set. I am not sure yet when I can go to Antwerp once it's set. :???: Because of a few appointments and a 2- day wedding of friends, it may take until the end of this month. Oh well...
The milgrain and engraving are lovely! It makes the ring very personal and a perfect home for my duckling OEC.

Chrono: looks like you will be wearing yours sooner than I will! Waiting is agonizing isn't it :twisted: It's a fun agony to have though

And Sox: today is the day of the big Labor Day party! You will eat too much, drink to much. And oh... Receive a gorgeous ring to wear even before your birthday :bigsmile: How exciting it must be for you!!

SarahBear: how is yours progressing?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's here! It's here! post office just called! I pick it up at 9:00!!!! an hour and a half! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Soxfan, lucky You! I have to wait 120 hours yet. I'll waiting a real photo storm when You're ready to show Your beauty :D

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1378553509|3516140 said:
it's here! It's here! post office just called! I pick it up at 9:00!!!! an hour and a half! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

:appl: woohoo!!
You still have time to follow these steps carefully:
1. are your hand soft, smooth and manicured (if not, who cares? Intelligence prevails beauty) :love:
2. Does your camera and/or IPhone camera work :roll:
3. Do you have tape to be able to close your mouth again once it has fallen open :o

Sunglasses might come in handy too. Happy waiting!!!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1378556462|3516157 said:
soxfan|1378553509|3516140 said:

:appl: woohoo!!
You still have time to follow these steps carefully:
1. are your hand soft, smooth and manicured (if not, who cares? Intelligence prevails beauty) :love:
2. Does your camera and/or IPhone camera work :roll:
3. Do you have tape to be able to close your mouth again once it has fallen open :o

Sunglasses might come in handy too. Happy waiting!!!

yes to numbers one and two.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ring has arrived in Antwerp from Los Angeles. I will collect the ring coming Friday!!!
I can't believe I will actually wear the ring so soon already. My jeweller in Antwerp says that the french cut diamonds are a good match with the color of my central stone. Yeah! :appl:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1378823596|3517871 said:
My ring has arrived in Antwerp from Los Angeles. I will collect the ring coming Friday!!!
I can't believe I will actually wear the ring so soon already. My jeweller in Antwerp says that the french cut diamonds are a good match with the color of my central stone. Yeah! :appl:

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

trhs12

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring soxfan! I am also waiting for a Victor Canera Emilya, but mine will have the flush fit stems. It will house a round 1.23 GIA K VVS2 Strong Blue I bought from JamesAllan a few weeks ago. The ring should be ready by the end of next week. I'm super excited and nervous!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
trhs12|1378840724|3518065 said:
Gorgeous ring soxfan! I am also waiting for a Victor Canera Emilya, but mine will have the flush fit stems. It will house a round 1.23 GIA K VVS2 Strong Blue I bought from JamesAllan a few weeks ago. The ring should be ready by the end of next week. I'm super excited and nervous!

How exciting trhs12!! Will you pair yours with a band? Can't wait to see your new ring!

trhs12

Rough_Rock
Acinom, yes I am planning on getting a matching wedding band also made by Victor. My gf likes the matchy matchy look. Sometime down the road we may even get a second wedding band, as she likes the look of a halo flanked by two eternity bands... But since Victors work is on the expensive side, she's going to have to wait on a second band. Maybe for a 5 year anniversary?!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
trhs12|1378840724|3518065 said:

I can't wait to see it!! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
trhs12|1378844247|3518100 said:
Acinom, yes I am planning on getting a matching wedding band also made by Victor. My gf likes the matchy matchy look. Sometime down the road we may even get a second wedding band, as she likes the look of a halo flanked by two eternity bands... But since Victors work is on the expensive side, she's going to have to wait on a second band. Maybe for a 5 year anniversary?!

Trhs I would definitely wait to see how she likes it. With my first Emilya I had 2 bands to match it and really didn't like the look of it. It was too much. Then I stacked it with 1 matching band and then a blue sapphire band and the look was amazing!!! To each their own but definitely when the set is complete have her try on a few options in a store before you make a purchase. I was SOOOO sure for months I wanted 2 matching bands and within minutes of seeing it I knew I hated it!

trhs12

Rough_Rock
SB621, I totally get what you're saying. You sound a lot like her, in the sense that she's *POSITIVE*... until she changes her mind. I'm always joking with her about it. We'll see what happens once the set is together. I could totally see her wanting a different stacker in time, or maybe just deciding to leave it as is and put money toward some earrings or a necklace. Either way, I'm excited for us. She knows a ring/proposal is coming soon, and she can pretty much figure it's a halo ring, but she has no idea that she's getting a hand forged platinum masterpiece and it's right around the corner. The anticipation is killing me.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
trhs12|1378846319|3518125 said:
SB621, I totally get what you're saying. You sound a lot like her, in the sense that she's *POSITIVE*... until she changes her mind. I'm always joking with her about it. We'll see what happens once the set is together. I could totally see her wanting a different stacker in time, or maybe just deciding to leave it as is and put money toward some earrings or a necklace. Either way, I'm excited for us. She knows a ring/proposal is coming soon, and she can pretty much figure it's a halo ring, but she has no idea that she's getting a hand forged platinum masterpiece and it's right around the corner. The anticipation is killing me.

Good deal! My suggestion would be on your 1 year anniversary go to NYC (if possible) and check out the diamond district. Tons of vendors have different diamonds and diamond/CS bands for her try on and figure it out. If she loves the look of 2 bands then at least you know she will love it before you sink the cash into another VC band. And yes I **KNOW**I will love something forever until I see it and then within moments the dream is dashed and I have moved on to something else. Drives everyone crazy but at least I'm decisive!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results