shape
carat
color
clarity

If you are waiting on your custom design to come in...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Soxfan, Diamondseeker, Junebug and msop04!! I am so excited! It was a great idea to wait together here on PS :bigsmile:
Sox, DS and Junebug: you all advise me to leave the ring alone and not add engraving! I am having such a difficult time :confused: . It's a fun dilemma though. I wanted to have minimal engraving added on the bottom and the basket. Do you think it will spoil the look? I wanted to add something personal...

Junebug: what a great design you have chosen!!! I love the Simon G with the halo and gorgeous shoulders. It will be a beauty!!!

Fizz83: your ring will be so pretty!! I bet you will be thrilled once it's ready. Love the halo!

Liaerfbv: yours will be a gorgeous Beverly K modified ring!!! The vintage halo is just stunning.

Happy waiting ladies!!!

_9435.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377708493|3511364 said:
My Sophia setting by Victor Canera is ready!!! Due to customs regulations, I could not send my stone to the US, as I would have had to pay 21% customs fee on my own stone when it comes back in the country! :read:

Victor was great to work with. I am currently delibarating whether to add some minimal engraving here and there (what do you think?). Then it will be shipped to and set in Belgium. It may take a while before I can finally wear it on my finger. I can't wait!!!

Here is the sneak peak of the setting without the center stone (a 5.30 ct OEC). The setting has 8 french cuts on each side. I am really happy with this result!!!

Acinom-

I clicked on your profile, but although it gave the dimensions of your e-ring, it did not tell me which country you hailed from! I do not know. I can only infer from your posting that it is not the US! I do not know where Victor Canera is or if he has more than one location, not that that would matter. Where do you live? I have wondered if it was the UK, Belgium, Australia...?

Deb/AGBF
:wavey:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1377719541|3511475 said:
I posted in show me the bling, but mine is done!

Your ring is amazing, soxfan. What are its stats? You may have already posted them in this thread, but please indulge me again! Wear that beauty in good health. (I have never owned a ring made by a designer like that!)

Hugs,
Deb

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1377726586|3511519 said:
nowicanseethemoon|1377714915|3511432 said:
junebug17|1377036096|3506842 said:
I'm not waiting on cads or a custom piece, but can I join you ladies anyway? :halo: I ordered a Simon G setting for my OEC through a local jeweler a little over a week ago, and unfortunately it's going to take 4 weeks (I have a feeling maybe even longer) and I'm already going out of my mind waiting. I'm looking at at least September 9th, and this waiting is torturous! Thanks for letting me vent a little, usually time flies by for me but now it's dragging! ;(

Which Simon G did you decide on?

I decided to go with this one, TR 523 - I didn't purchase it from this company, but this site has the most pics of it - it is much prettier in person! I really can't wait - I think it is going to really improve the appearance of my diamond. Thanks for asking!

http://www.genesisdiamonds.net/simon-g-tr523-engagement-ring.html

The ring you picked is exquisite, junebug. I can't get over how detailed the rings some of you ladies have been commissioning are. (I am thinking of soxfan and now you.) The work on them is really amazingly intricate!

Deb/AGBF

SB621

Ideal_Rock
hehehe my RG ring from Jbeg should be done today or tomorrow. I also just purchased an Edwardian antique setting from them that I will set an OEC/ Tranny 6.6mm in. I love it when projects come to completition!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
My Sophia setting by Victor Canera is ready!!! Due to customs regulations, I could not send my stone to the US, as I would have had to pay 21% customs fee on my own stone when it comes back in the country! :read:

Victor was great to work with. I am currently delibarating whether to add some minimal engraving here and there (what do you think?). Then it will be shipped to and set in Belgium. It may take a while before I can finally wear it on my finger. I can't wait!!!

Here is the sneak peak of the setting without the center stone (a 5.30 ct OEC). The setting has 8 french cuts on each side. I am really happy with this result!!! :bigsmile:

How about miligraining? I actually think miligraining would look lovely. But that would be my preference over engraving.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1377777617|3511762 said:
hehehe my RG ring from Jbeg should be done today or tomorrow. I also just purchased an Edwardian antique setting from them that I will set an OEC/ Tranny 6.6mm in. I love it when projects come to completition!

How exciting for you!! Do you have a linkti the Edwardian setting?
Happy waiting SB621!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1377743697|3511646 said:
SB621|1376355335|3501762 said:
Rosebloom I puffy heart love you so much! Thank you so much for providing a visual on my inspiration ring for my 5ct tourmaline.

I'm requesting quotes to have this set and I'm hoping it will be my holiday present this year....it will go pending vendor quotes and our moving status :knockout:

Below is my inspiration shot with a diamond and then RB's that she posted with a dark pink tourmaline that is sort of close in color to mine. I will probably change the prongs to YG or RG but the rest of the ring will be PLAT.

Let me get this straight, SB. Your tourmaline is deep pink like Rosebloom's, not green? I love both colors, but the deep pink reminds me a bit of my own ring, a red spinel, if it is flanked by diamonds. (In color only, not cut.)

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Sorry Deb- I'll clarify. I do have a 5ct EC Deep pink tourmaline that I want to do an art deco setting with. RB was kind enough to post an inspiration shot of a ring that I really love. From the top down I want it to look very similar. But this is going to be my mullet ring so the side view/ shank will be lots of art deco inspiration. Here are the rings I'm using to create it.

_9437.jpg

1185843_604872772891217_722709179_n.jpg

_9438.jpg

_9439.jpg

nowicanseethemoon

Shiny_Rock

You are, without a doubt, my diamond hero. I can't wait to see these projects.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB621|1377778244|3511770 said:

Here is the sneak peak of the setting without the center stone (a 5.30 ct OEC). The setting has 8 french cuts on each side. I am really happy with this result!!! :bigsmile:

How about miligraining? I actually think miligraining would look lovely. But that would be my preference over engraving.

I love milgrain for a vintage or antique look while I have chosen for a modern/art deco version. Diamondseeker gave the same advice! Perhaps something to consider, though I am not sure it can still be applied at this stage. Would you have the milgrain added as a border for the french cut stones? Thanks for your advice!!! I really appreciate it.

Love your tourmaline!!!

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I looooooove this setting and it was on my shortlist for my reset. We are going to be ring cousins! :lol:

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1377781033|3511793 said:
I looooooove this setting and it was on my shortlist for my reset. We are going to be ring cousins! :lol:

Sorry - Junebug, I thought I hit quote but apparently not. I love the Simon G setting you chose!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1377770586|3511743 said:

Your ring is amazing, soxfan. What are its stats? You may have already posted them in this thread, but please indulge me again! Wear that beauty in good health. (I have never owned a ring made by a designer like that!)

Hugs,
Deb

Thanks! I didn't post in this thread, I don't think...

here is the link to the SMTB thread

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-complete-but-not-here-yet.192838/#post-3511794#p3511794']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-complete-but-not-here-yet.192838/#post-3511794#p3511794[/URL]

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1377728386|3511533 said:

OMG, sox! I love it so much -- and I'm SOOOO ENVIOUS!!! (maybe I'll get my VC one day...) :lol: :lol: And as always, he made another perfect piece! Congrats!! =)

Thanks! :D I can't wait till it's back from Neil!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377759074|3511725 said:
Thanks Soxfan, Diamondseeker, Junebug and msop04!! I am so excited! It was a great idea to wait together here on PS :bigsmile:
Sox, DS and Junebug: you all advise me to leave the ring alone and not add engraving! I am having such a difficult time :confused: . It's a fun dilemma though. I wanted to have minimal engraving added on the bottom and the basket. Do you think it will spoil the look? I wanted to add something personal...

Junebug: what a great design you have chosen!!! I love the Simon G with the halo and gorgeous shoulders. It will be a beauty!!!

Fizz83: your ring will be so pretty!! I bet you will be thrilled once it's ready. Love the halo!

Liaerfbv: yours will be a gorgeous Beverly K modified ring!!! The vintage halo is just stunning.

Happy waiting ladies!!!

I just LOVE those french cuts. And a FIVE carat OEC? :shock: I wouldn't add anything except maybe milgraining. It's going to be a stunner. I can't wait to see it!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Acinom|1377779160|3511778 said:
SB621|1377778244|3511770 said:

I love milgrain for a vintage or antique look while I have chosen for a modern/art deco version. Diamondseeker gave the same advice! Perhaps something to consider, though I am not sure it can still be applied at this stage. Would you have the milgrain added as a border for the french cut stones? Thanks for your advice!!! I really appreciate it.

Love your tourmaline!!!

Yes I would do it on the shank by the french cuts however if you want a more contemporary look I would leave it as is. Miligraining is a finishing detail and someone can add it locally to your ring if you want later on. I would wait to see it before making any other adjustments.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
nowicanseethemoon|1377779024|3511776 said:

You are, without a doubt, my diamond hero. I can't wait to see these projects.

Awwww thank you. I have had great luck with wonderful PSers who seem to be able to put into words what I see in my head for settings and throw ideas off of them. And of course my wonderful DH who just nods his head these days when I talk about jewelry.

And no hints yet on the Edwardian ring as the pictures I have of it are set with a different OEC that was much lower in color. I think my new diamond will look smashing. It will be a few more weeks till the reveal though as the ring is getting a slight overhaul.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SB! You have some SERIOUS jewelry business going on :naughty: Can't wait to see the finished projects.

Thanks for your advice SB and Sox!! Arkieb1 also adviced me not to go wild with engraving. At a certain point I decided it needed engraving ALL OVER!! But Victor and Arkieb1 adviced me not to do it as it will completely change the look.
You are obviously more experienced in jewelry projects... When I look at the setting I feel that something small should be added... And I tend to forget that this 'little something' I am missing might just be my 5.3 ct diamond :naughty:

To fulfill my engraving needs I might just NEED a VC platinum engraved band for my other hand :Up_to_something: or perhaps even next to my Sophia, but perhaps Sophia just wants to be alone.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377783352|3511823 said:
SB! You have some SERIOUS jewelry business going on :naughty: Can't wait to see the finished projects.

Thanks for your advice SB and Sox!! Arkieb1 also adviced me not to go wild with engraving. At a certain point I decided it needed engraving ALL OVER!! But Victor and Arkieb1 adviced me not to do it as it will completely change the look.
You are obviously more experienced in jewelry projects... When I look at the setting I feel that something small should be added... And I tend to forget that this 'little something' I am missing might just be my 5.3 ct diamond :naughty:

To fulfill my engraving needs I might just NEED a VC platinum engraved band for my other hand :Up_to_something: or perhaps even next to my Sophia, but perhaps Sophia just wants to be alone.

Milgrain certainly is very common in art deco jewelry, so you are safe with milgrain. With no milgrain, the setting is more modern. So it just depends on what you prefer! I wouldn't let anyone touch it but Victor, if it is even possible to add milgrain now that the stones are set.

I absolutely love Victor's engraving as well. I would like to get a band or something, too!

IDtoTX

Rough_Rock
Hi Acinom! Your setting from VC is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see it completed! Since I have the same setting (for a much smaller EC stone) I thought I would chime in on the milgraining discussion. I decided to go with a single row of milgraining around the french cuts and I feel like it just really completes the ring. You don't really see the detail of the milgraining but I personally think it finishes it.

Good luck with your decision! It's going to be gorgeous no matter what you choose! :appl: :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for chiming in IDtoTX!
Are you enjoying yours till sofar? As I understand you would not have made a different choice if you would have to start over again. Which I can imagine because yours is just yummy!!

Funny that you all advice the milgrain! I should have asked for advice earlier I guess :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1377790001|3511889 said:
Acinom|1377783352|3511823 said:

Milgrain certainly is very common in art deco jewelry, so you are safe with milgrain. With no milgrain, the setting is more modern. So it just depends on what you prefer! I wouldn't let anyone touch it but Victor, if it is even possible to add milgrain now that the stones are set.

I absolutely love Victor's engraving as well. I would like to get a band or something, too!

:naughty: yes, we need a band DS!
The problem with this setting is that I like every version that I have seen on PS till sofar. LGK's ornate version is one of my favourites, as well as Carat Lover's modern ring etc. I have a more modern style myself but I really crave for engraving. The combination might become to 'hybrid though. I also like a 'little somwthing' in the profile for me to enjoy but not necessarily apparant to others.

Oh well! I should probably just have it shipped and not mess with it! I am really grateful for all the advice via PS! Without PS I would not even know about this setting :love:

Do you have projects coming up yourself DS (except for a nice engraved band that is :Up_to_something: )

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377793349|3511920 said:
Are you enjoying yours till sofar? As I understand you would not have made a different choice if you would have to start over again. Which I can imagine because yours is just yummy!!

Funny that you all advice the milgrain! I should have asked for advice earlier I guess :wavey:

I really really really like it without. It's so shiny and smooth! I'd get it set and wear it for a while and see what you think!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
liaerfbv|1377781033|3511793 said:

Thanks so much lia! How funny we were considering each other's settings! I loved that Bev k setting as soon as I saw it. I am really looking forward to seeing your finished piece! Did I mention I hate waiting? :cheeky:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1377793726|3511924 said:

I really really really like it without. It's so shiny and smooth! I'd get it set and wear it for a while and see what you think!

Acinom, I keep going back and looking at your setting - and I really love it as is too! You've mentioned you lean a bit towards contemporary, and I think the setting as it is now definitely gives an art deco feel as well as a bit of a modern look - sort of the best of both worlds! Of course this ring is so gorgeous that adding some milgraining or a bit of engraving will still look lovely, but I just find the sleek lines very beautiful.

eta: and thank you for your nice comments on the setting I chose! I realize I probably don't *quite* belong in this thread because my ring is not custom, but nobody seems to care lol!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1377795887|3511950 said:
soxfan|1377793726|3511924 said:

Acinom, I keep going back and looking at your setting - and I really love it as is too! You've mentioned you lean a bit towards contemporary, and I think the setting as it is now definitely gives an art deco feel as well as a bit of a modern look - sort of the best of both worlds! Of course this ring is so gorgeous that adding some milgraining or a bit of engraving will still look lovely, but I just find the sleek lines very beautiful.

eta: and thank you for your nice comments on the setting I chose! I realize I probably don't *quite* belong in this thread because my ring is not custom, but nobody seems to care lol!

Thanks Sox and Junebug!!! Once I have the ring, I will wear it forever! Since I live in Holland, I would be hesitant to send it back to change something. Thank you for your advice!!! I now feel I will be happy with the ring in any style :naughty: , but I am currently gearing towards a nod to the past. I indeed have a preference for contemporary, but my style is shifting a little towards more classic, vintage.

We should just change the title Junebug!!! I cannot wait to see it finished. You have a excellent taste in jewelry!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377803458|3512028 said:
Since I live in Holland

If one waits long enough, sometimes his questions are answered. In this case by accident.

Deb
:saint:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1377808922|3512073 said:
Since I live in Holland

If one waits long enough, sometimes his questions are answered. In this case by accident.

Deb
:saint:

Sorry I missed your question earlier Deb (although I do not really understand the tone of your posts, especially since you didn't mention in your profile where you live either). You also asked where Victor Canera is located: he has only one branch which is
located in Los Angeles, USA

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom|1377809984|3512081 said:
AGBF|1377808922|3512073 said:
Since I live in Holland

Sorry I missed your question earlier Deb (although I do not really understand the tone of your posts, especially since you didn't mention in your profile where you live either). You also asked where Victor Canera is located: he has only one branch which is
located in Los Angeles, USA

I was teasing. My humor gets me in trouble. Please do not be offended. I like you so much!

Deb

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sox and Junebug!!! Once I have the ring, I will wear it forever! Since I live in Holland, I would be hesitant to send it back to change something. Thank you for your advice!!! I now feel I will be happy with the ring in any style :naughty: , but I am currently gearing towards a nod to the past. I indeed have a preference for contemporary, but my style is shifting a little towards more classic, vintage.

Oh, I love pieces with a vintage feel, so if you are leaning towards millgraining and/or engraving then absolutely go for it! There is certainly no right or wrong here - you should choose whatever will make you happiest! It makes sense to want to avoid sending the ring back for any changes, I would fee the same way.

And I'm so glad I can vent in this thread! I am going a bit crazy waiting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results