shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW IDJ for the birthday win: My new GIA Triple X 1.51 G SI2 (eye clean/mindclean) upgrade

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

I've posted quite a few posts in the last few years about my issues with my original engagement stone bought back in 2015 from a local vendor. At the time everything was rushed as we were trying to get married while my grandmother was in the hospital and my family was very tied up with that situation. As so many before me have said, that was back before I knew of pricescope and of course looking back I knew I was not happy but only later learned why. My original stone was a EGL USA Ideal cut 1.50 G SI2 that had an inclusion that later on drove me crazy. So for almost 3 years now I have debated my options and a lot of you were so helpful in talking with me about each option (upgrading specs, recutting my stone, trading in with my original vendor vs going to a pricescope vendor, etc). As an aside I did follow up with my original vendor but after some less than transparent interactions and weird behavior I decided that route was not worth it and after realizing very slowly (my husband had been telling me this for a while) that I really wanted to work with a pricescope vendor and having had such a good experience with IDJ the year before I really just wanted to work with Yekutiel. I am lucky that my husband has been so supportive and patient in listening to be wax poetic about diamonds and my issues and hopes and dreams. The same goes for my family! Being able to have information, ask questions and have a sounding board in pricescope is so invaluable and being able to work with a vendor who is knowledgeable, works with you and you can trust is equally priceless. I realized that all that was just as much a part of the buying process for me as the stone itself. After visiting IDJ last year and finally being in a place to upgrade this year I was in a position to take action!

My experience at IDJ and Yekutiel was even better than the last! We decided pretty quickly on a price point and Yekutiel worked hard an was able to find us a stone knowing that it was going to be tough to get a GIA certed stone in the same size range but with better specs for the price we were in. He did it anyway! And I have to say I really appreciate now and more than ever how a better cut can really make that diamond look so much bigger. I was able to slowly walk through all the light performance information, and have all my questions answered (definitely more than once!). I spent sometime looking at settings and in the end I realized I was not ready to give my setting up and Yekutiel was able to set the new stone in my old setting and he even made changes to that setting that I definitely did not realize I wanted. He rebuilt the prongs into the extremely delicate claw prongs and it was ready the same day for us to see before we left New York. This thing is perfectly round and looks so much larger than my other stone. I was a little nervous about going SI2 but it is definitely eye clean and I have unfortunately really good eye sight!

The new RB specs:
GIA RB
7.42-7.44x4.52mm
Color: G
Clarity: SI2 (eye clean)
Cut: Excellent
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Depth: 60.8%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.00
Pavillion Angle: 40.6

So a very large thank you to everyone who helped, provided me knowledge and pointed me in this direction of IDJ, probably/definitely patiently answered my same questions more than once! (@Queenie60 @sledge @SimoneDi @tyty333 @ILikeShiny @ac117 @PintoBean @diamondseeker2006 @Lorelei and anyone else I forgot!) An obvious and very large thank you to Yekutiel. Because of everyone I walked away really happy AND with peace of mind.

TL;DR: Bought a not so great diamond when grandmother was sick and trying to plan wedding in that time. Inclusion drove me nuts, wanted to upgrade, after back and forth and probably repetitive PS threads! I settled on upgrade, loved working with IDJ and its so beautiful.

P.S. I feel like I passed a pricescope milestone by finally getting why the heck there are soooo many ring in flower photos; that stuff is hard you guys! So I'm including some beautiful photos of my ring with my birthday flowers that my family bought me here as well (these are the best photos for now, husband bought a tripod and is now super into helping with ring photos but we had to delay that for now):
IMG_5096.JPG IMG_5126.JPG IMG-0330.JPG

I already have future plans to make some changes to my setting but for right now I am just enjoying the peace of mind and how much it shines.

Attachments

• AGSproportionsgia151.jpg
    AGSproportionsgia151.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s Beautiful!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love your pics! And your ring! Really gorgeous

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new ring! :love: Congratulations! So happy that you are finally pleased with your ring and IDJ are always such a joy to work with!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks perfect in your setting!! That is really hard to do when reusing a halo. You chose a beautiful stone, and I’m so glad you enjoyed working with Yekutiel as much as I did.

Congratulations :appl:

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow...this is simply beautiful! So sorry about your experience with your original ring. Congratulations!

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, it looks perfect in your setting!! That is really hard to do when reusing a halo. You chose a beautiful stone, and I’m so glad you enjoyed working with Yekutiel as much as I did.

I couldn't believe it either. I think at first I was nervous to upgrade and now I was ready but nervous to give up my setting and I was sooo relieved not having to do that. Also it looks fantastic and my husband looked at me and was like these were all the right choices, and it felt as much. so glad not to agonize anymore.

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
A really hilarious anecdote from all this: When we were in IDJ and looking at the stone I said to my husband "do you think we should do this? Is this ok?" and he responded " we cleaned your stone a thousand times and it never looked like this!" To see someone who is peripherally engaged in a topic be equally as impressed and excited as you are really puts the choice in perspective!

Last edited by a moderator:

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Thank you so much, it really was such a joy and in fact I am planning to bring my family to see them in the fall. Yekutial/IDJ has really stepped up to help me make some deserving people in my family happy and I am so excited to bring my family to them!

scoutfinch

Shiny_Rock
It’s beautiful! I’m so happy for you and enjoyed reading your story.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a happy ending! So glad that you finally have a stone that you love and that you were able to use the original setting. It looks beautiful!!

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! IDJ does it again!!! Enjoy and congratulations.

And thank you for pointing me in that direction! On top of the upgrade for my mom's ring last year we are honoring her birthday this year with a new eternity ring! I'll post on that later.

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful! I’m so happy for you and enjoyed reading your story.
Thank you so much! and thank you these posts are pretty tough when you feel like you could go on forever!

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a happy ending! So glad that you finally have a stone that you love and that you were able to use the original setting. It looks beautiful!!

Thank you so much! I definitely thought about some gorgeous diamonds as I pined away for my upgrade, your's of course was always on that list!

unsettled

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! And I love the proportions of your halo! Do you know the size of the halo stones?

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much! I definitely thought about some gorgeous diamonds as I pined away for my upgrade, your's of course was always on that list!

Well, thank you - what a lovely compliment!

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful! And I love the proportions of your halo! Do you know the size of the halo stones?

Thank you so much! The setting was made by my old vendor, and they don't seem to provide the information. I can take a look at my old info and see if I have it, otherwise if I get a chance to go by a jeweler this week I can ask someone to assess and get back to you.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seriously moved by your posts. What a beautiful blingy happy ending!:appl:

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm seriously moved by your posts. What a beautiful blingy happy ending!:appl:

Hiiiii! awwww thank you! It's the best kind of ending no? :) I'm so glad to hear it because I definitely rode the highs and lows of writing this: from "I am so excited!" (ala Jessie Spano) to "Oh god don't make it so long!" and so forth.

skywind

Rough_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I cannot believe it’s your original setting. It’s perfect without any airline. I also love the prong work. IDJ did a great job. :appl:

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! I cannot believe it’s your original setting. It’s perfect without any airline. I also love the prong work. IDJ did a great job. :appl:
Thank you so much! Right? I was sad because I remembered from the get go that in committing to the halo I was essentially committing to having to possibly leave the setting behind if I made a change and I was soooooo happy not to as my family helped me pick the setting out and I think I am more sentimental about that than the stone itself. Thank you for commenting about this, it makes me appreciate it even more.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story and I really like the squared halo. How great that you've done a combination of options that brings you some peace! And I'm sure if you've put this thought into the central stone when you do start work on your setting change it will be glorious!

Also another bonus of keeping your current setting at the moment is that you got to maximise your budget on the central stone, which looks pretty fab!

Blingalingaling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is GORGEOUS and your setting looks like it was made for that stone (even though we know it was not!!)!!! Just beautiful! And the way you told the story was beautiful and moving as well!

I'm so glad you had such a great experience with Yekutiel! I bought my EC from him recently and I can't say enough wonderful things about him, his sister Shulamit and their staff!
Thank you for sharing in your joy and I hope that your mom's special eternity ring will be a symbol for her good health and happiness, as well! :)

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your new stone is GORGEOUS and your setting looks like it was made for that stone (even though we know it was not!!)!!! Just beautiful! And the way you told the story was beautiful and moving as well!

I'm so glad you had such a great experience with Yekutiel! I bought my EC from him recently and I can't say enough wonderful things about him, his sister Shulamit and their staff!
Thank you for sharing in your joy and I hope that your mom's special eternity ring will be a symbol for her good health and happiness, as well! :)

I could not believe how perfect he made it look and improved the look past the stone, I was just so impressed by them. I saw your your EC, it's gorgeous and I LOVE a three stone for it. Thank you so much for the kind words, I will let you guys know how that ring works out!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new stone looks fabulous in your spruced up original setting. I love that your dude was stoked about the visible difference in quality from your old stone (really helps them let go of $$$).

A hundred more pics would be okay.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

giamari23

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Your new stone looks fabulous in your spruced up original setting. I love that your dude was stoked about the visible difference in quality from your old stone (really helps them let go of $$$).

A hundred more pics would be okay.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Thank you!!! Haha I’m lucky that he never really laments it...except you know five minutes after my new purchase I’m like hey here all the other things I want to do next!! Haha I can definitely accommodate some more pics. Be back with more!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
[QUOTE="giamari23, post: 4375712, member: 92692"
IMG_5096.JPG IMG_5126.JPG IMG-0330.JPG
[/QUOTE]

What an awesome ending to the story! I think your setting is beautiful- those prongs are a truly great modification, and your diamond shines beautifully from that halo. Honestly it is hard to beat the look of a round in a cushion halo :love: a lovely stone!!! Congratulations!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring is a stunner!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another absolutely fabulous find by Yekutiel!! :love::love::love: He's seriously the best and the stone looks gorgeous!! So glad you were able to find exactly what you want :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results