shape
carat
color
clarity

I want the old PS, and I want it NOW!!

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Porridge|1289732618|2765421 said:
This is a away from the direction this thread has taken, but I miss the PS1 logo and colouring! I'm not mad about the blue, and I thought the old logo was so unique and cool. Here's a reminder:

You make a very good point. I hate the magnifying glass; I think it is a magnifying glass. I have never seen anyone examine a diamond with one, ether. I miss the logo,too.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
purplesilk|1289712053|2765314 said:
Curious about FB/PS people I did a search a few days ago and came up with quite a few people (wasn't hard really since so many people seemed to have changed their last name to pricescope :cheeky: ) and I saw exactly what Aoife is speaking of. No wonder this place is
going down hill so fast when you see comments like "everyone is here" and "I'm so glad we have all found each other!!" it's all just
contributing to the demise of the forums because people ARE getting their fix elsewhere! I dont care if people find each other on FB,
each to their own, and i dont care that i am not a part of the purple circle and am largely ignored around here but what i don't understand is why people are calling for the old pricescope to return when they themselves are
(indirectly) contributing to it's demise when they are getting their PS fix on FB.

I just saw what purplesilk had to say and I couldn't agree more. New people aren't accepted by the old people and the gap between us is getting wider and wider. Old people reply to the old people and new people are ignored even when they have something valid to say. I just don't get it.

Hot - Ditto.

TravelingGal - Nobody can read tons of threads, we all have real lives and tons of real things to do,and it's obviously natural that you tend to respond to the old PSers,but this topic is the concrete proof of the old PSers rejecting the new PSers and the "ignore" tactic.[/quote]

Seriously? You've been here all of a month and you can predict the demise of PS and you can unequivocally say that old-timers are ignoring you?? I don't know if I'm an "old-timer" - but I HAVE been here 3 years, for all that I don't have a load of posts. That and I feel like I blasted in and made a splash at one point, so several people here may recall my posts. However, even among people who have been here forever, I don't delude myself that everyone read me back when - even then, people had forums they frequented and ones they didn't. I KNOW the self-professed "newbies" have no clue who I am. Knowing that isn't exactly keeping me up nights though, crying about how no one pays attention to me anymore.

But as far as ignoring newbies, good gosh, who sits around going "Gee, I think I'll IGNORE them." From my point of view, I have little to offer. I'm weeks away from 48, I have enough diamonds and diamond knowledge to pretty much buy with confidence, but not enough to offer "advice" to others on the topic. I've been married TWICE, so I don't need or have much to offer in LIW or BWW. I don't need advice on how to conduct my life, and I rarely offer any, knowing from my own experience that no one will listen to it anyway. I have no children, nor do I plan on them at 48, so I can't really post in the baby forum. I've acquired more "stuff" in my life than I ever thought possible, and I'm not into handbags or shoes, so shopping is out.

I have a few health problems now - not serious but they take some of my attention. I have helped my mother out of this life in 2008. People I know are seriously ill or dying - I've made it to that point in life where that is becoming all too frequent. There is a thread - a THREAD, NOT an entire forum (just highlighting the fact that those of us of a certain age are few on PS, so who again, is supposed to feel "left out"?) where some of us at the same point in life, post about these issues. Are you there? Are YOU going to chime in a talk about them with us? I'm worried every day about losing my job and being out of work in this economy at nearly 50 years old, do you wish to discuss this? No? Should I assume you are ignoring ME?

We aren't allowed anymore, to talk about the things in the world that MATTER outside of our own personal concerns - and since my personal concerns are mostly taken care of, and I assume that most people aren't all that interested in my personal problems, since I'm not the bright hot center of the universe, that leaves very little of substance to post about here at PS. Honestly though, I've made more of a genuine effort to post lately, than not, but I'm not going to go around making totally substance-free posts just to keep PS "alive".

I'm not looking for validation or belonging to a GROUP. I (and others) are bemoaning a loss of candor that once was here. If you insist on interpreting that as a rejection of YOU, there isn't much I or anyone else can do about that.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1289744333|2765475 said:
There is a thread - a THREAD, NOT an entire forum (just highlighting the fact that those of us of a certain age are few on PS, so who again, is supposed to feel "left out"?) where some of us at the same point in life, post about these issues.

On a side issue, I think that thread is great.

I lurk on it and was happy it took off the way it did.
When the idea was broached I thought, yeah, but why not just post away in FHH, no need for a sub forum.

I remember that there was interest to create a newlywed forum and that started ok but is pretty dead so I wondered if another sub forum wouldn't go the same way.

It is only the few years that FHH has become baby mad, before it was general talk about homes and family. But these days it is pretty much babies [with the odd home type question].

So what I am trying to say is I wonder if it isn't time for a been there done that (BTDT) sub forum? If the newlyweds sub forum can keep its place with low traffic then why exclude those that have BTDT?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steal|1289747300|2765514 said:
There is a thread - a THREAD, NOT an entire forum (just highlighting the fact that those of us of a certain age are few on PS, so who again, is supposed to feel "left out"?) where some of us at the same point in life, post about these issues.

When the idea was broached I thought, yeah, but why not just post away in FHH, no need for a sub forum.

I remember that there was interest to create a newlywed forum and that started ok but is pretty dead so I wondered if another sub forum wouldn't go the same way.

It is only the few years that FHH has become baby mad, before it was general talk about homes and family. But these days it is pretty much babies [with the odd home type question].

So what I am trying to say is I wonder if it isn't time for a been there done that (BTDT) sub forum? If the newlyweds sub forum can keep its place with low traffic then why exclude those that have BTDT?

Good gosh NO! It's precisely BECAUSE we've BTDT that we don't talk much about the fact that we've BTDT. It's boring, and WE sure don't want to hear it, I know no one younger does! LOL! We probably run enough people off already. It can get a bit grim in there I admit, but it's a support group mainly, for people who'd rather NOT BeTDoT. ;)) And here's a shocker: some of us there are in contact off PS ( :-o ) and we talk about this stuff HERE rather than there. So much for PS being totally irrelevant due to FB. :rolleyes: We talk about NEW stuff that's happening, although it's stuff that's related to where we are chronologically for the most part.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Cehrabehra|1289725095|2765400 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1289712489|2765316 said:
Tgal, I understand how/why it happens (I tend to skim the old posters as I have heard enough about the good ol' days and read more recent views) but I do believe that the FB friendships many of you have just accentuates the divide between the old and new posters.

I don't agree with this - I mean I agree that you feel this way, I just don't think it's entirely true, objectively.

I don't have ANYONE from PS that I have met and been able to really cross over into a real life friendship with, but there are one or two that I feel like if we ever met that would be that and it wouldn't really be about PS anymore in our relationship. Having relationships off the board is a stage in the relationship, or sometimes it's a reconnecter or a stay-connected thing. It in no way inhibits new relationships, at least not for the majority of people. Of course if person A wants to form deeper off board bonds and person B shuns social networking they aren't going to connect logistically. If you are skimming old posters then you are just as guilty of shunning as the people you accuse of shunning.

Take me and you for example - I don't know you but I like you just fine. I am not sure if I qualify as an old timer, but I'm not in any sort of elite circle by any stretch. I'm just a 40 year old woman who came here 4+ years ago because I did a search on shane company and a post here said they were bad. I registered a couple days later and jumped in feet first and quickly asked a whole slew of really dumb questions (that people said - do searches!) and got a little knowledge and found out that there was this huge gap in information and I wanted that information and I wanted the powers that be to create that information NOW. I got fully involved but socially I was a mess - I had WAY too much emotion invested in having my ring made and alienated *sososo* many people (they can vouch for it) during the process. For some I may never recover their respect, for others they can chuckle back and wink now. But if all you do is skim over anything I write (remember, this is just an example) you may never see the exceptions out there. The exceptions far outweigh the rules. It is SO EASY to group people together, but in the truest reality we are each individuals all eager to be a part of this and we're
actively creating it TOGETHER right now, right this moment. Back to you and me - me addressing you personally like this maybe it brings us closer, maybe it pushes you away further... but hopefully you can see that I, as an example, am not just a mindless body in a throng of whatever category I may fit into for you, but a real, quirky, fairly eccentric person who is spending the same minutes of my day with you, here.

I think the most divisive action a person can make is to declare that there are divisive actions at work. Just jump in - ignore the imaginary lines you think are there.... they disappear :)

Sara, I just wanted to say thank you for taking the time to share your pricescope story, I really enjoyed it. :) You are right too, when I look at this whole thing objectively I can see that it's not about the groups and the imaginary lines that I have drawn for myself. As individuals we all have the opportunity to make a positive change here with our own divisive actions. Thank you for helping me see that and I am glad that I didn't skim over your post tonight. :))

Steel

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1289748065|2765527 said:

Good gosh NO! It's precisely BECAUSE we've BTDT that we don't talk much about the fact that we've BTDT. It's boring, and WE sure don't want to hear it, I know no one younger does! LOL! We probably run enough people off already. It can get a bit grim in there I admit, but it's a support group mainly, for people who'd rather NOT BeTDoT. ;)) And here's a shocker: some of us there are in contact off PS ( :-o ) and we talk about this stuff HERE rather than there. So much for PS being totally irrelevant due to FB. :rolleyes: We talk about NEW stuff that's happening, although it's stuff that's related to where we are chronologically for the most part.

Haha. I think we are at the opposite ends of the same string. That is what I meant. NOT an area where PS'ers pick your BTDT brains on 'how I should choose a childminder' or 'what to ask when choosing a realtor' ! I meant a sub forum where you could have a whole thread about 'how to get the most out of your colonoscopy' or 'how can I hide how much I hate how my DIL is raising my grandson' . Cause I know they are hot topics for all you old fogies!

(Joking - don't throw your support stockings at me....)

Anyhoo - I really didn't mean to post so much about this - just saying glad that thread is there and perhaps one day it could expand into it's own sub forum. Thats all. :))

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Steal wrote : 'how to get the most out of your colonoscopy' or 'how can I hide how much I hate how my DIL is raising my grandson' . Cause I know they are hot topics for all you old fogies!

OK...NOW you just hurt my feelings. Sniff. Whimper. Snorkit.

(i do NOT wear support stockings, thank you very much...)

Steel

Ideal_Rock
ksinger|1289750009|2765557 said:
Steal wrote : 'how to get the most out of your colonoscopy' or 'how can I hide how much I hate how my DIL is raising my grandson' . Cause I know they are hot topics for all you old fogies!

OK...NOW you just hurt my feelings. Sniff. Whimper. Snorkit.

(i do NOT wear support stockings, thank you very much...)

Well, that is something to look forward to then, isn't it?

:devil:

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
This has been a great thread, lots of interesting comments.

However, it is driving me absolutely bonkers the way quotes are headed by Wrote by. :angryfire: :angryfire: I've never been a member of the grammar police, but surely admin can do something about that. It is not a good look.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Galateia|1289692681|2765016 said:
I don't agree that those people should get the 10k gift. I'm not saying that every one of the 10k posts has to be diamond centric, but at least it should not be 3k of content and 7k of drivel that is just filler. I want to see people rewarded for solid contribution, whether it is about diamonds or Cafe-topic posts, instead of just sheer posting spam to rack up numbers.

Galateia-

I agree with you as long as there is an emphasis placed on "whether it is about diamonds or Cafe-topic posts". I could have reached the magic 10,000 number years ago if I tended to write "LOL" or "ditto" to other posters. Not only do I not want to do that, but I obsessively edit my postings for grammar and spelling and cringe when I (inevitably) find incorrect grammar and (horrendous) misspellings in old postings of mine. I try to take pride in what I write on Pricescope. I try to post the truth and to correct factual errors if I find out that I have made them, whether I am posting about diamonds or gold, history or psychology.

At first I thought I should accept the notion that Pricescope would reward only the posters who helped out in Rocky Talky. I felt that it was there, after all, that diamond sales were made. Diamond sales, of course, are what support the Pricescope website when all is said and done!

After thinking about it further, however, I thought that that was too facile. Diamond sales do not take place in a vacuum. A bricks and mortar store has to decorate and create ambience. An on-line website has to create a reputation. Pricescope has spent time creating a repution for intelligence, thoughtful posters, civil conversation, and (gasp) even good grammar! The posters who help to create and contnue that atmosphere of intelligent and helpful discourse on all subjects deserve to be rewarded for making Pricescope the "go-to" place to shop for diamonds on the web.

What is the use of having someone be able to help you find a diamond one you get to Pricescope if you never hear of Pricescope? And do you think the only reason one hears of Pricescope is because one can find a diamond here? Or is it because one can be heard here? Many people come here for other reasons and return for more jewelry. I, myself, shop here for the same reason!

PS-Since you mentioned that some posters probably padded their postings to reach 10,000 to get the gift I will mention something I never have before. I believe that I spent over $1,000.00 (although I did not keep track) on cakes I sent to Pricescope members in the desire to help them celebrate the occasion of their 10,000 posting festivities. It felt important to me to be part of everything.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
purplesilk|1289712053|2765314 said:
Curious about FB/PS people I did a search a few days ago and came up with quite a few people (wasn't hard really since so many people seemed to have changed their last name to pricescope :cheeky: ) and I saw exactly what Aoife is speaking of. No wonder this place is
going down hill so fast when you see comments like "everyone is here" and "I'm so glad we have all found each other!!" it's all just
contributing to the demise of the forums because people ARE getting their fix elsewhere! I dont care if people find each other on FB,
each to their own, and i dont care that i am not a part of the purple circle and am largely ignored around here but what i don't understand is why people are calling for the old pricescope to return when they themselves are
(indirectly) contributing to it's demise when they are getting their PS fix on FB.

I just saw what purplesilk had to say and I couldn't agree more. New people aren't accepted by the old people and the gap between us is getting wider and wider. Old people reply to the old people and new people are ignored even when they have something valid to say. I just don't get it.

Hot - Ditto.

TravelingGal - Nobody can read tons of threads, we all have real lives and tons of real things to do,and it's obviously natural that you tend to respond to the old PSers,but this topic is the concrete proof of the old PSers rejecting the new PSers and the "ignore" tactic.[/quote]

PS- I don't fully agree with your last statement, but I get it. I don't think there's anything wrong with wanting to feel that you are a part of a community, or wanting to feel that you're recognized or accepted. Even though newer members do not always receive the same types of responses as older, veteran members, I don't believe new members are deliberately ignored or rejected...It's just the nature of the beast. Would you rather chat with an old friend or a total stranger? And as many have said, EVERY PS member was a new member at some point in time. New accounts are created on a regular basis, and sometimes it's a challenge to differentiate between those who want to contribute to the forums in a meaningful way and build upon the PS community and those who plan on sticking around for only a month or two. These forums have a lot to offer, so I hope you continue to share your opinions and participate regardless of the number or responses you receive.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to address the concerns some have raised about the perceived gulf between veteran posters and rookie posters.

To those who see a rift:
What on earth are you talking about?

I imagine I hover somewhere between "veteran" and "rookie" but I must say, since I have been posting here I have never felt maligned or ignored because of my relative experience on the forum. If you feel people are ignoring your posts, and you are certain you wrote something to which others should be responding, then repost it!

I, for one, can assure you that I do not skim through threads, find the posts written by members with whom I am more familiar, and respond only to them and ignore all other posts. The posters whose threads I do seek out and read are those who have left some memorable impression on me, and all it takes is ONE post to do that. (These are the posters who tend to be controversial, or they write beautifully, or we have something in common that draws me to them, or they have cute pets. There, I said it. I'm a sucker for pet owners, and if you write a thread about your furbabies, I will read it.) One poster who comes to mind is Holly--she wasn't here for very long when I took notice of her posts and became interested in reading them. I just liked her style and what she had to say, so I sought her out. I didn't see her relatively low post count and think "Oy. Call me when you hit 3K."

I can also share that my posts are often ignored, and that's okay with me. Most of the time, I look back and realize that it's because I have an annoying tendency to pop into a thread, read everything, and add my own input without directly responding to anyone else. My posts then seem like a pop-in "Hey! This is what I think, READ IT" rather than an engaging contribution to the discussion. It isn't that I'm NOT reading other people's posts, it's that I fail to quote and respond directly to whomever compelled me to post in the first place, and thus my contribution is far more likely to get lost in the shuffle.

In addition, there are MANY posters with whom I typically agree, but I don't often go in, quote them, and write "Ditto." While it looks like I'm ignoring their posts, I have read them, taken them in, nodded emphatically, and moved on. I suppose it's easy, on an Internet forum, to assume you are being ignored when, in fact, you just aren't being acknowledged. If we had a function that allowed us to tag a post with a little "emphatic head nod" then perhaps we could eliminate this issue. I can share that Zoe is one of my favorite posters on the boards, and I feel a strong kinship with her, but I probably respond to her posts LESS often than I respond to others', simply because I don't want to pepper PS with hundreds of "Oh yes, I agree" posts in response to Zoe's. Love ya, Zoe! I hope you don't feel ignored, because I read everything you post! (I feel the same way about many other posters, as well.)

So, if you feel ignored, I urge you to reconsider the way you perceive the situation. If people truly aren't responding to your posts, it is probably because either a) You didn't write anything with which others strongly disagree, b) You wrote something with which most people emphatically agree, and thus don't feel the need to address, c) You aren't specifically addressing anyone else, and so you're getting lost in the shuffle, or d) Your writing is filled with text-speak or grammatical errors that make our heads hurt.
I don't know which it is, but I assure you that you are not being ignored because the veterans see your low post count and choose to purposely block you out of their PS experience because you are, in fact, a newbie.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

Steal, have I told you lately that I love you????? :appl:

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1289757109|2765678 said:
Steal, have I told you lately that I love you????? :appl:

Even if it is cupboard love, I'll take it! Now go on, show us your support stockings :cheeky: .

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
I understand why ksinger is loathe to see an entire forum dedicated to our old woes, but I see another perspective on her view. With a BTDT (love the name!) forum, only those interested in topics associated with an advanced life experience would be exploring threads. I'm saying this because as a BTDTer, I never enter the LIW, BWW, or Newlywed fora. Thus my extrapolation. And instead of having to rescan one thread to find each individual posters' concerns or questions, and being forced to quote and respond to issues that may be four pages back, I can scan individual threads. Wouldn't it be easier to comment on my "Why I wear mens underwear" comment if it were its own thread? Then I can also give my medical response to prostate biopsy in its own thread.

I've been campaigning for a dedicated forum for about two years now, and I have topics I'd like to share, but currently seem inappropriate in our ONE thread. KWIM? :(sad

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable|1289758146|2765694 said:
I understand why ksinger is loathe to see an entire forum dedicated to our old woes, but I see another perspective on her view. With a BTDT (love the name!) forum, only those interested in topics associated with an advanced life experience would be exploring threads. I'm saying this because as a BTDTer, I never enter the LIW, BWW, or Newlywed fora. Thus my extrapolation. And instead of having to rescan one thread to find each individual posters' concerns or questions, and being forced to quote and respond to issues that may be four pages back, I can scan individual threads. Wouldn't it be easier to comment on my "Why I wear mens underwear" comment if it were its own thread? Then I can also give my medical response to prostate biopsy in its own thread.

I've been campaigning for a dedicated forum for about two years now, and I have topics I'd like to share, but currently seem inappropriate in our ONE thread. KWIM? :(sad
Count me as joining in on your campaign. We have so many dedicated forums with nearly nil traffic. If space is the issue, some of them could be deleted and no one would even know they were gone, and we could take over that slot.

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Upgradable|1289758146|2765694 said:

I'd be interested in a BTDT forum. If it turned out to have limited traffic, or wasn't sustainable over the long haul we'd find out soon enough. The problem with thread, even dedicated threads, is that they aren't easy to find, so low traffic is inevitable. You've got to know they're there before you can post on them.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm nearly 40. Does this qualify me as a BTDT?

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Oh, honey!! You've gone through more at 40 than most people do in a lifetime. You've DEFINITELY BTDT!!!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks Haven! I agree with pretty much everything you wrote in your last post. I can't remember if I've addressed this or not, but I don't see a rift between the new posters and the veterans (and where do you draw the line anyway?). Everyone contributes in their own way, no matter how many posts he or she has. I have more that I want to say but I'll have to come back later.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Dear Maisie,

We can have a special consortium to consider your qualifications.
Do you gain weight for no reason when you used to be able to eat like a pig?
Do you have acne worse than you did as a teenager?
Do you have any strange medical condition that would bore the average person to tears?
Do you love jewelry, and not just your first engagement ring?
These are just a few examples of what might give you an entry key. Beyond that, we would have to check with Uppy. She would cast the final vote in the event of a tie.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie, Uppy told me before I qualify since I have the little weird moles everywhere, one of my boobs is a different shape than the other and they are lopsided. I'm 36. I think she'll let you in too.

galeteia

Brilliant_Rock
AGBF|1289753367|2765602 said:
Galateia|1289692681|2765016 said:
I don't agree that those people should get the 10k gift. I'm not saying that every one of the 10k posts has to be diamond centric, but at least it should not be 3k of content and 7k of drivel that is just filler. I want to see people rewarded for solid contribution, whether it is about diamonds or Cafe-topic posts, instead of just sheer posting spam to rack up numbers.

Galateia-

I agree with you as long as there is an emphasis placed on "whether it is about diamonds or Cafe-topic posts". I could have reached the magic 10,000 number years ago if I tended to write "LOL" or "ditto" to other posters. Not only do I not want to do that, but I obsessively edit my postings for grammar and spelling and cringe when I (inevitably) find incorrect grammar and (horrendous) misspellings in old postings of mine. I try to take pride in what I write on Pricescope. I try to post the truth and to correct factual errors if I find out that I have made them, whether I am posting about diamonds or gold, history or psychology.

At first I thought I should accept the notion that Pricescope would reward only the posters who helped out in Rocky Talky. I felt that it was there, after all, that diamond sales were made. Diamond sales, of course, are what support the Pricescope website when all is said and done!

After thinking about it further, however, I thought that that was too facile. Diamond sales do not take place in a vacuum. A bricks and mortar store has to decorate and create ambience. An on-line website has to create a reputation. Pricescope has spent time creating a repution for intelligence, thoughtful posters, civil conversation, and (gasp) even good grammar! The posters who help to create and contnue that atmosphere of intelligent and helpful discourse on all subjects deserve to be rewarded for making Pricescope the "go-to" place to shop for diamonds on the web.

What is the use of having someone be able to help you find a diamond one you get to Pricescope if you never hear of Pricescope? And do you think the only reason one hears of Pricescope is because one can find a diamond here? Or is it because one can be heard here? Many people come here for other reasons and return for more jewelry. I, myself, shop here for the same reason!

PS-Since you mentioned that some posters probably padded their postings to reach 10,000 to get the gift I will mention something I never have before. I believe that I spent over $1,000.00 (although I did not keep track) on cakes I sent to Pricescope members in the desire to help them celebrate the occasion of their 10,000 posting festivities. It felt important to me to be part of everything.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Well said, Deb! :appl:

I should add that your post gave me the springboard to sound off on something that has been bothering me since they started being selective about the 10k gift to the disgruntlement of some. By quoting you, I may have given you the impression that I was debating your points, which was not the case. ::) There are many posters who have contributed to both the RT and Cafe side of PS (Frekechild, for example, was very active in both CS and the Cafe) and I think their thoughtful posts on the struggles of a LIW should be given the same weight as assisting someone in finding the right stone.

I am glad that 'padding' is not being given the same weight. It discourages people from posting out of greed instead of posting in the spirit of conversation.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Uppy~ I am definitely in favor of a BTDT subforum. On our existing thread, we share the good, the bad and the ugly. No one passes judgment on anyone else. We are there as a source of knowledge and support. It is a good community of people sharing their transition into another phase of life. It is increasingly difficult to keep up with all the topics in one thread. In order to offer each other assistance or a laugh on a tough day, we need more space. PS became about more than diamonds a long time ago.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pink Tower|1289763386|2765788 said:
Dear Maisie,

We can have a special consortium to consider your qualifications.
Do you gain weight for no reason when you used to be able to eat like a pig?
Do you have acne worse than you did as a teenager?
Do you have any strange medical condition that would bore the average person to tears?
Do you love jewelry, and not just your first engagement ring?
These are just a few examples of what might give you an entry key. Beyond that, we would have to check with Uppy. She would cast the final vote in the event of a tie.

I gain weight if I even so much as look at a cake.
My spots are like a join the dots puzzle.
Medical conditons... how long have you got?
Jewellery is the only thing that keeps me alive.

:bigsmile:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1289762905|2765776 said:
Oh, honey!! You've gone through more at 40 than most people do in a lifetime. You've DEFINITELY BTDT!!!!

Yay!! :appl:

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
As we have said previously, if traffic about topics pertaining to a "BTDT" forum warrant it, we will consider creating a new forum. Because of the lack of posts in some of the more recent split forums, we are hesitant to split more forums at the moment and in fact we are looking into how to best handle the forums that are not being utilized and may be doing some rearranging in the near future.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1289709538|2765291 said:
contributing to the demise of the forums because people ARE getting their fix elsewhere!
I dont care if people find each other on FB,

Whoever started that group needs to put in tighter controls...or people need to find the privacy settings on their profile page and lock that sucker down!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1289763157|2765784 said:
I don't see a rift between the new posters and the veterans (and where do you draw the line anyway?). Everyone contributes in their own way, no matter how many posts he or she has. I have more that I want to say but I'll have to come back later.

I don't see it either. I see more rifts with fellow "veterans" than the "newbies." I find it interesting that people seem to complain people are being too nice *but* in several threads where people were giving their *honest* feedback and people started defending the OP. Saying people were being mean or uncalled for. Of course I read the situation differently but there seems to be a lot of sensitive people out there.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
fiery|1289774547|2765924 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1289709538|2765291 said:
contributing to the demise of the forums because people ARE getting their fix elsewhere!
I dont care if people find each other on FB,

Whoever started that group needs to put in tighter controls...or people need to find the privacy settings on their profile page and lock that sucker down!

I keep posting this but its like nobody is reading it. We aren't posting in the FB PS group! We are posting on our own individual FB pages!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results