shape
carat
color
clarity

I want the old PS, and I want it NOW!!

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Not PS 1.0 software, but PS 1.0 mindset.

I'm advocating we go back to the being direct, being honest, being kind, and being PRESENT!!

No more holding back or censoring our thoughts, but posting all of those things while remembering that we want this to be a positive, growth inspiring place to be.

No creepy care bears, puky rainbows and sparkles..... but no daggers in the back either.

Anyone interested??

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I second the nomination!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That sounds good!

Please clarify what you mean, though. What do you mean, present? More posting, or . . . ?

Sorry, I'm not the brightest tool in the shed .. . :confused:

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
"Present" meaning being ourselves and not being so cautious about speaking our minds. And as a result, post more freely and more often. Not feeling like we have to worry about how we come across so much as are we being honest and acting in the spirit of Pricescope.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I think also keeping in mind that PSers are not mean spirited in nature, so don't jump on the you-hurt-my-feelings wagon. Lots of PSers are posting for advice and I feel like although they are getting some good insight, there's more to be gleaned than is being offered for fear of being spurned for an unpopular thought.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm for it! I loved it for what it was and I want it back!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
:appl:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All hail Uppy, Uppy for President.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Uppy! Being direct does not mean being hurtful or mean-spirited. It does not mean having fun at someone else's expense. PS should be a safe place to post. Let's get back to being a community.

psadmin

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl:

reader

Brilliant_Rock
Much agreed.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last I checked, I haven't changed from 1.0 to 2.0, so I'll stay the same, which I think is what you're asking. Or not. But it is what it is.

My perception though is this...you can't have 1.0 back. Not exactly what it was anyway...which was kind of like the courting stage. Shiny, new. Getting to know each other and being real, yet not revealing too much that's too scary.

Well the ACA, super ideal, perfect score on the HCA diamond was given out long ago. We're no longer courtin', folks. We're MARRIED. We know each other better, we don't coat our words, but we're more sensitive because we're more easily stung by a "spouse" we've invested in way too much over the years. Patience somehow got thinner when understanding of character and intention should have grown larger. Incidences have been brushed under the rug, and bitterness has grown thick, layer by layer.

Like any married woman, sometimes I long for the days-of-courtin'...but I don't think it's reality. PS 1.0 is gone. I don't think it will be back. But like any marriage that's worthwhile, I'm willing to work at it, and make the mindset of 2.0 better, in the hopes that 3.0, 4.0 and beyond are built on an awesome foundation.

This is the new house we live in. Learn to use the search function. Learn to post pics. Learn to live together. Or get a freakin' divorce already!

I'm also willing to work at it in the hopes of an upgrade. Bling! ::)

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.1?
I just watched a super cool marketing video made by some hip coool dude, and it had so much info so fast I had to stop and think - worth replaying, or, if this is the new order, why bother because I have no hope to keep up, let alone get it, or play and compete.

Uppy, you are right on the money.
but so many people have so many different values.

For example most native english speakers know that American speakers 'say the words' with incredible politeness. Aussies are 5x more direct. Brit's are more sarcastic. Nerds are less caring, but convey great depth of thinking.

The new rule:
Whoever has the gold makes the rules!

(at last count I have a lot of gold :saint:

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Upgradable|1289624448|2764068 said:
I'm advocating we go back to the being direct, being honest, being kind, and being PRESENT!!

No more holding back or censoring our thoughts, but posting all of those things while remembering that we want this to be a positive, growth inspiring place to be.

No creepy care bears, puky rainbows and sparkles..... but no daggers in the back either.

Anyone interested??
Hear hear!

I very much agree that for the most part nobody is out to get anyone else, so let's all let the little things go and try to trust that people don't mean it that way.

Mmmmaaaayyyybbbbeeeee if we behave we'll be allowed to discuss the interesting stuff again :naughty: :saint:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What T-gal of the sexy shoes says. You have to move forward not back. I've always been who I am on and off the boards. Sometimes that's grumpy, sometimes that's funny, and sometimes boring, somtimes that's creative and occassionally that's patient. What goes on in my life affects my PS posts, and sometimes (though rarely) vice versa. When I am unhappy on here, you can bet that's how I am in real life. And to sum up what I am in real life: MOODY.

One thing I'm good about is accountability for myself. Whenyou say 'present' I think 'accountable'... I think people need to realize that there are real people here behind the screens and that many of them are volunteering thier time and effort to help each other whether with diamonds, relationships, weddings, parenting... whatever. A lot of people recently are using this board without giving back. I think that's one of the main reasons why things are floundering. A lot of members just aren't giving back.

Like any relationship the honeymoon period is great and the rest is work. You can't waive a wand and say you want the honeymoon back, if you could the divorce rate would be nil. It's give and take and when you take, you have to give.

"FIXING" PS is going to be effort and it's going to require commitment. More than just one or three posts. But everyone who really wants this place to work needs to make an effort everyday in every post to be real, accountable, and where possible positive. But they also have to make an effort to click on those 'I need an ideal round immediately post" and answer helpfully. They need to remember that beinga bride is stressful and sometimes the older members just need to go check on the Brides and tell them... "we love you, but you need perspective". It means going on LIW and helping the ladies there separate the wheat from the waste. GIving advice (which won't always be taken) that some guy is NOT it and that they need to move on. It means clicking on SMTR and saying "CONGRATS" when someone has just bought a round in a six prong tiffany solitaire. Because you want to keep THEM invested. And by doing that, keeping yourself invested.

Do I have that commitment to PS on a daily basis right now? No. Heck I don't have that for my real life right now because I'm in a bad place. That's why I haven't been on except for an occassional post here and there-- but when I do log on for something *I* need, I always try to go on RT and click on a three posts and HELP. Because I don't want to give without taking. So... I'll continue to pop in both to give and to take. And when I do I will try to keep in mind that I should make an effort to be patient and positive...and I hope others on this board will take the time to give back.

That's the biggest change I think between 1.0 and 2.0. In 1.0 people where very interested in giving. In 2.0 it seems to me that there is a sense of entitlement to take. That's what needs to change.

Tell me Upgradable, do you have that commitment to change? How about the rest of you who want to go 'back in time'... are you willing to go on BWW, on SMTB, on LIW and contibute.... even if it means regurgitating information you have already typed ot 1000 times. You guys are the 'old guard' now, it's YOUR responsibility to teach the newbies what this place is about. If you have over 1000 posts, you are now 'a queen' folks. Queens don't just sit on their thrones, they lead and they execute and they help those that need it. If you want to fix PS, just start by changing your mindsets about complaining about how this place has changed and start giving back-- and actually work toward changing it instead of complaining about it.

That's my honest and 'present' thoughts on this subject.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy|1289637834|2764184 said:
What T-gal of the sexy shoes says. You have to move forward not back.

"FIXING" PS is going to be effort and it's going to require commitment. More than just one or three posts. But everyone who really wants this place to work needs to make an effort everyday in every post to be real, accountable, and where possible positive. But they also have to make an effort to click on those 'I need an ideal round immediately post" and answer helpfully. They need to remember that beinga bride is stressful and sometimes the older members just need to go check on the Brides and tell them... "we love you, but you need perspective". It means going on LIW and helping the ladies there separate the wheat from the waste. GIving advice (which won't always be taken) that some guy is NOT it and that they need to move on. It means clicking on SMTR and saying "CONGRATS" when someone has just bought a round in a six prong tiffany solitaire. Because you want to keep THEM invested. And by doing that, keeping yourself invested.

Do I have that commitment to PS on a daily basis right now? No. Heck I don't have that for my real life right now because I'm in a bad place. That's why I haven't been on except for an occassional post here and there-- but when I do log on for something *I* need, I always try to go on RT and click on a three posts and HELP. Because I don't want to give without taking. So... I'll continue to pop in both to give and to take. And when I do I will try to keep in mind that I should make an effort to be patient and positive...and I hope others on this board will take the time to give back.

That's the biggest change I think between 1.0 and 2.0. In 1.0 people where very interested in giving. In 2.0 it seems to me that there is a sense of entitlement to take. That's what needs to change.

Tell me Upgradable, do you have that commitment to change? How about the rest of you who want to go 'back in time'... are you willing to go on BWW, on SMTB, on LIW and contibute.... even if it means regurgitating information you have already typed ot 1000 times. You guys are the 'old guard' now, it's YOUR responsibility to teach the newbies what this place is about. If you have over 1000 posts, you are now 'a queen' folks. Queens don't just sit on their thrones, they lead and they execute and they help those that need it. If you want to fix PS, just start by changing your mindsets about complaining about how this place has changed and start giving back-- and actually work toward changing it instead of complaining about it.

Well said, Gypsy.

I'm in a bad space in my life right now. And I have philosophical differences over in RT with the shift to the "every diamond is worthy" philosophy. So I haven't felt all that comfortable here lately. But I don't believe going back in time is the answer either. Nor is giving up and leaving PS because I disagree with the way things have been going in RT. I've learned a lot here, and the encouragement I got from longtime posters when I joined helped keep me invested in PS. Time to pay it forward. That's what commitment and loyalty are all about, imho.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
T-Gal and Gypsy speak for me on this... and my own contribution is that I should have more backbone than to let someone bully me into shying away from what I love. That's not being kind to myself. Gypsy - I think you make a good point about contributing. I think it is about paying it forward. I think it's good to allow others to learn from your mistakes or from what you have gleaned over the years. We are all here NOT because we enjoy the social aspect (okay it's part of it) but because we fell in love with the mystique, the challenge, the beauty, the science behind these little glorious pebbles. We are Diamond Geeks. I know a lot of our friends think we're nuts, but I don't hide it or shy away from it... I embrace it lol

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Agreed.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Portree|1289651603|2764229 said:

Well said, Gypsy.

I'm in a bad space in my life right now. And I have philosophical differences over in RT with the shift to the "every diamond is worthy" philosophy. So I haven't felt all that comfortable here lately. But I don't believe going back in time is the answer either. Nor is giving up and leaving PS because I disagree with the way things have been going in RT. I've learned a lot here, and the encouragement I got from longtime posters when I joined helped keep me invested in PS. Time to pay it forward. That's what commitment and loyalty are all about, imho.

I don't believe it is possible to 'go back' to what it was (whatever that was as i was not here then) PS has evolved to become what it is now, if people don't like it then people need to help if evolve further and move forward into a better place. This will happen (in part) with the new posters coming through and sticking around if they are welcomed and helped by the 'old' posters. People aren't going to stick around here if they don't feel welcome.

So many times i have seen new people start threads in hangout only to be met with replies from the older ones of 'this has been done before' , 'there are already threads on this', 'how many more of these threads do we have to put up with' etc, etc. Seriously, if you feel that way and feel inclined to comment on it.. well perhaps you have been here too long, and those new posters.. what happens to them? You never see them again.

New posters are inevitable and sometimes i feel like the 'old' posters do not like the change that they bring, but change can be a good thing if you let it. ;))

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I absolutely agree with everything Gypsy said. :appl:

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
So no more glitter farts and rainbow poops? Darn it, I've been saving all of Aidan's diapers!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1289656790|2764296 said:
So no more glitter farts and rainbow poops? Darn it, I've been saving all of Aidan's diapers!

:knockout: :rolleyes: :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"FIXING" PS is going to be effort and it's going to require commitment. More than just one or three posts. But everyone who really wants this place to work needs to make an effort everyday in every post to be real, accountable, and where possible positive. But they also have to make an effort to click on those 'I need an ideal round immediately post" and answer helpfully. They need to remember that beinga bride is stressful and sometimes the older members just need to go check on the Brides and tell them... "we love you, but you need perspective". It means going on LIW and helping the ladies there separate the wheat from the waste. GIving advice (which won't always be taken) that some guy is NOT it and that they need to move on. It means clicking on SMTR and saying "CONGRATS" when someone has just bought a round in a six prong tiffany solitaire. Because you want to keep THEM invested. And by doing that,

I am having a real problem here. Everyone is applauding the idea of fixing Pricescope-including Andrey and Ella. Gypsy here spells out numerous ways in which people can be expected to contribute to Pricescope that do not involve posting about the angles of diamonds on Rocky Talky.

Some of us feel that we do contribute to Pricescope when we constantly answer questions about gold in Jewelry Pieces or about colored stones in its forum or when we constantly lend emotional support to others in Hangout and certain threads about health and family.

Gypsy is now exhorting members to do more of this kind of contribution to help, "fix" Pricescope. Yet in the thread about gifts for posters who hit 10,000 postings, we were told that only posters who contribute a lot will get gifts. And the clear implication was that those people had to be contributing in Rocky Talky, like stone_cold! Is listening to new posters and answering their questions about bridal gowns and relationships patiently helpful to Pricescope or not? I know the answer, but I think some other people undervalue the contributions that are made in a less blatant way.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
AGBF there are other things as well... some people can say very little but be the heart and soul of a community, the glue even. And some are verbose and others are not. Some take the time to address a dozen people in one post, others will not only address a dozen people in a dozen posts, they may take two dozen to do so.

As arbitrary as it is, I really think the only way to judge it is by pure subjection. If you're the person holding the moola, then you get to decide how to distribute it. I might suggest aiming for a monthly quota though... like poster of the month or something. That'll put the pressure on haha :)

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think PS needs fixing. Every board changes over time: posters come and go and real life often has a nasty way of moving in and taking over. These things affect the dynamic of a board. As long as posters are considerate of each other's feelings and talk to each other on the board as if they're talking face to face, PS will be all right.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Porridge|1289637434|2764179 said:
Mmmmaaaayyyybbbbeeeee if we behave we'll be allowed to discuss the interesting stuff again :naughty: :saint:

We are willing to entertain the idea of bringing back certain topics, but we need to see less mean posts first so we are confident we won't need to babysit that forum all day everyday.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1289658397|2764314 said:
"FIXING" PS is going to be effort and it's going to require commitment. More than just one or three posts. But everyone who really wants this place to work needs to make an effort everyday in every post to be real, accountable, and where possible positive. But they also have to make an effort to click on those 'I need an ideal round immediately post" and answer helpfully. They need to remember that beinga bride is stressful and sometimes the older members just need to go check on the Brides and tell them... "we love you, but you need perspective". It means going on LIW and helping the ladies there separate the wheat from the waste. GIving advice (which won't always be taken) that some guy is NOT it and that they need to move on. It means clicking on SMTR and saying "CONGRATS" when someone has just bought a round in a six prong tiffany solitaire. Because you want to keep THEM invested. And by doing that,

I am having a real problem here. Everyone is applauding the idea of fixing Pricescope-including Andrey and Ella. Gypsy here spells out numerous ways in which people can be expected to contribute to Pricescope that do not involve posting about the angles of diamonds on Rocky Talky.

Some of us feel that we do contribute to Pricescope when we constantly answer questions about gold in Jewelry Pieces or about colored stones in its forum or when we constantly lend emotional support to others in Hangout and certain threads about health and family.

Gypsy is now exhorting members to do more of this kind of contribution to help, "fix" Pricescope. Yet in the thread about gifts for posters who hit 10,000 postings, we were told that only posters who contribute a lot will get gifts. And the clear implication was that those people had to be contributing in Rocky Talky, like stone_cold! Is listening to new posters and answering their questions about bridal gowns and relationships patiently helpful to Pricescope or not? I know the answer, but I think some other people undervalue the contributions that are made in a less blatant way.

Deb/AGBF
:read:

I agree with Deb. I don't think PS is only about Rocky Talky. It's about the experience as a WHOLE. Rocky Talky is only the entrance, for some, to Pricescope when they're choosing a diamond. I think what we're all talking about among seasoned PSers is fostering a spirit of belonging for the long term. Making a positive contribution wherever you can, no matter what forum(s) you favor.

And for heavens sake, I have to say this because no one has yet. Yes, I agree with Uppy in that everyone should be themselves, but that doesn't mean that absolutely everything in your head is fit for print without censoring yourself. I think one of the main differences in the new PS is that people started to hide behind the anonymity of their computers and have become the world's authority on everything. Geez people, if you wouldn't say it if you were face to face with someone over coffee, please don't let it fly here! That's what I think the main difference is. If you're in Hangout, you here to either give or hopefully get some type of support. If you're in the CS forum, you're either there to read and learn, or to say "hey, look at what I just bought". Giving information or receiving acknowledgement. Even SMTB is to say "look at my new sparklie!" and hopefully have others say "nice job", or "oh how pretty", or just "I love that". Let's return PS to the give and take place it was before, and leave behind the competition to out-critcize, out-jab, and out-snark the next guy. Frankly, who wants to be thought of that way? Somewhere a long the line it became a discussion board specializing in criticism and squabbling no matter what forum you visited. This place has gotten very loud. Please use your censor people. Yes, be yourself, but what's so wrong with a little reserve?

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ella|1289663115|2764397 said:

We are willing to entertain the idea of bringing back certain topics, but we need to see less mean posts first so we are confident we won't need to babysit that forum all day everyday.[/quote]

That's exactly the point I was hoping to make. If everyone learns to play nicely again, I think the mods would be willing to allow us to talk about anything and everything again.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ella|1289663115|2764397 said:

We are willing to entertain the idea of bringing back certain topics, but we need to see less mean posts first so we are confident we won't need to babysit that forum all day everyday.

Maybe..... look at it less as babysitting and more as indulging? :)

<~ is so very helpful :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results