I upgraded my CBI

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks amazeballs! Congrats! :appl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is simply stunning! :love: Cannot wait until you receive it!!

Weecam

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG that’s stunning! Can’t wait to see hand pictures.
I’m waiting for my CBI upgrade as well :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is just gorgeous, Cheryl!:love: I love the measurements...small table and perfect angles. And of course, the color and clarity are extremely eye-clean and mind-clean! VS1 is really my favorite clarity balancing price and the cleanness factor! I think this was a great decision! I actually have your ring saved because I think it has the most perfect proportions for a three stone ring!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I look forward to seeing this stunner on you! thanks for sharing @cflutist. Color is important, I once had a terrible oval (horrible bowtie) BUT is was a D color, my husband loved it, I loved it too, except for the bowtie and I traded up to my MRB which is an I color.. love the icy white, clear look of a DEF diamond.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
*SWOON* ... that is glorious!!!! Congratulations!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Can’t let my wife see your pics.

Rpb

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous... stunning!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, it's just stunning!!! I can't wait to see it set and on your hand. :love::love:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
That's MIND-BLOWING Cheryl!!! Congratulations on your upgrade!!! Can't wait to be blinded by it in July. :love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's MIND-BLOWING Cheryl!!! Congratulations on your upgrade!!! Can't wait to be blinded by it in July. :love:
Did you see today's 3-stone ring on HPD's FB page? It is crazy over the top gorgeous with 3 D-color CBIs, my next upgrade,
just kidding.

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Did you see today's 3-stone ring on HPD's FB page? It is crazy over the top gorgeous with 3 D-color CBIs, my next upgrade,
just kidding.

I just went to go look at it - simply amazing!! I don't do much social media, so thanks for letting me know!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone, I learned today that the picture on page 1 was taken just outside of HPD’s photo box. The background lighting is from the box but the diamonds are underneath the room’s beige ceiling and walls. That’s why you see a beige tone in all three diamonds. They are not icy white like a D, but are white diamonds.

I also talked to @John Pollard today and learned that AGS is not softer on color grading than the GIA. In fact, CBI will challenge a color grade if it comes back higher than what Lieve thought it would be. Why you ask, because CBI wants consistency across their brand and the diamonds that customers see in their showrooms around the world. John has posted on PS about this in the past, but I am too lazy to look it up right now.

As most of you know, I have (or had before my latest upgrade) four F-color CBI diamonds. I have compared the two largest ones (2.79 and 2.21) from the side on a white background, to my 3.01 F-SI1 pear that was graded by the GIA in 1995 back when three GGs would initial the GIA-GTL report that they agreed on the grading. My CBIs are equal to or better than my GIA graded pear. And of course, face-up on an overcast day, there is no comparison, CBI blows my pear away. FYI, GTL was Gem Trade Laboratories at the time before the GIA dropped that part from the name of their grading labs.

So, I patiently wait for HPD's bench to swap out my center stone in Trilogy, remove and re-engrave the AGS grade on the shank, and polish the platinum. (However the dents that I put on the bottom of the ring will remain, a characteristic of platinum).

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see handshots another beautiful stone!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see handshots another beautiful stone!!!
@arkieb1
Thank you, meant to tell you that we spent two weeks in Sydney and New Zealand back in March, beautiful country you have there.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sledge

You mean like this?
Hubby is retired now, but was SysAdmin,
IBM AIX, HP UX, Sun Solaris, Unix, Linux, and Oracle DBA. He used to run a Linux server from the house, but now we pay to have it hosted instead. This is just one of 12 shelves of books and manuals.

20190501_113059.jpg

Wow, your husband is the real deal. While I have several friends & family members that may call me their sysadmin, my experiences are just for fun. No corporate experience like his.

Your husband sounds like the type of guy I'd enjoy talking to over a few beers.

First photo from @HPDJME

Love it!

untitled-5.jpg

Here is the video

Holy smokes -- AMAZING!!!

I am so freakin' happy for you! IMO, you did this right. I love seeing your posts and diamonds, as they are always top shelf.

Job very well done. :clap: :clap: :clap:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your new upgrade is spectacular! It is so rare to see an E colored stone here on PS, so I'm very excited to see the upgraded Trilogie ring! Perhaps a E-F color comparison too? :love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new upgrade is spectacular! It is so rare to see an E colored stone here on PS, so I'm very excited to see the upgraded Trilogie ring! Perhaps a E-F color comparison too? :love:
Thank you, but I downgraded in carat weight and .01mm in size which very few PSers do :lol-2:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, but I downgraded in carat weight and .01mm in size which very few PSers do :lol-2:

With a 0.01mm difference in spread I'd consider this a bilateral size move, but otherwise an upgrade. Better color and gorgeous proportions for a non visible size difference to the naked eye.

Just curious, what was proportions of the original stone?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With a 0.01mm difference in spread I'd consider this a bilateral size move, but otherwise an upgrade. Better color and gorgeous proportions for a non visible size difference to the naked eye.

Just curious, what was proportions of the original stone?
Lab reports of both diamonds are posted at the beginning of this thread.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lab reports of both diamonds are posted at the beginning of this thread.

Thanks, I knew that now that I saw them again, lol.

My brain is a bit mush lately. Literally, working on 13 different projects at work right now so spread a little thin. :cool2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results