shape
carat
color
clarity

I upgraded my CBI

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With CBI diamond prices being lower now, I jumped on their fantastic upgrade policy with other PS CBI owners who have also upgraded their diamonds. I said goodbye to my Cut to Order diamond, but am excited about my upgrade.

I went DOWN in carat weight from 2.21 to 2.18, but UP in color from F to E, and UP two clarity grades from SI1 to VS1.

A difference of a .01mm smaller girdle diameter is imperceptible to the naked eye. This made it very easy to swap out the existing 2.21 F-SI1 CBI center stone in my HPD Trilogie ring.

My improved HPD Trilogie will now have these three CBIs:
2.18 E-VS1
0.53 F-VS1
0.53 F-VS2

All VS clarity and E/F color ... my mind clean 3-stone ring.

Here is the new 2.18 AGS report:

CBI 2.18 E-VS1.jpg

Here is the old report:

CBI 2.21 F-SI1.jpg

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, congrats!

The proportions on the new stone are dreamy! :cool2:

PPPPPIIIIICCCCSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, congrats!

Yes, it will be interesting to see it side by side with my 2.79 F-VS1 in Symphonie.
Both have 34.5/40.8, but new has 54.2% table and 15.7% crown height, while my 2.79 has 56.6% table and 14.9% CH. John Pollard says that all CBIs have 3D precision where all 57 facets are fine tuned to each other and that the fire/dispersion that I see should be the same in both stones.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it will be interesting to see it side by side with my 2.79 F-VS1 in Symphonie.
Both have 34.5/40.8, but new has 54.2% table and 15.7% crown height, while my 2.79 has 56.6% table and 14.9% CH. John Pollard says that all CBIs have 3D precision where all 57 facets are fine tuned to each other and that the fire/dispersion that I see should be the same in both stones.

One thing is certain CBI and John know their stuff. I won't ever dispute that.

But I've got to think with keen enough eyes people can see a teeny tiny difference as they aren't 100% identical. But even if there is a difference, I have a feeling we will be splitting hairs.

Still.....54.2 table & 34.5/40.8. :love: :love: :love:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOOOOH, how nice!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, congrats!

Wink was too busy today to get me a video.
I haven't seen the new diamond yet.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh Cheryl! I can't wait to see this one!

@sledge, I can see a difference between super ideal brands, and I bet there's the teeniest difference between CBIs as well. It should be GORGEOUS!

PICS!!!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely DYING to see this ring when it's done! Congratulations on your new beauty!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely DYING to see this ring when it's done! Congratulations on your new beauty!
It is the same ring, just a new center stone. If anything the shank is all banged up from daily wear.
Another thing that I considered was that 2ct stones show more tint than the .53 sides.
So I went with an E color to go with the F color sides.

I was shaking in my boots today waiting for Wink to call me back after his examination of my trade-in to verify that it was not damaged in any way. Phew, now I wait for them to swap the stones, lol.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, anyone want to buy a 2.21 F-SI CBI after it goes back to AGS for a new lab report? This one also has the Infinity logo lasered on its girdle, they don't do that anymore. Lol

chamois

Brilliant_Rock
It is the same ring, just a new center stone. If anything the shank is all banged up from daily wear.
Another thing that I considered was that 2ct stones show more tint than the .53 sides.

I was shaking in my boots today waiting for Wink to call me back after his examination of my trade-in to verify that it was not damaged in any way. Phew, now I wait for them to swap the stones, lol.

Wow!!! Congratulations.

I know the feeling “shaking in my boots”, I was like that too when I traded/upgraded.

Fantastic specs. Love the tiny table.

Looking forward to seeing pics.

tkyasx78

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
:geek2:Can’t wait to see pics!!!!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
It is going to be amazing! Love that small table. Congrats. Your ring is total nirvana!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an amazing stone!! Congratulations!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is going to be amazing! Love that small table. Congrats. Your ring is total nirvana!
I can see a slight tint in the current F color center stone in this photo Img3677.jpg

kmoro

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! The proportions on your new diamond are what dreams are made of! Yay for eye and mind-clean!

Congrats!!!

:wavey:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Should be a beautiful upgrade! We will be waiting for pictures!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ahhh - got it! I thought perhaps you were having rhe same style, but remade. Either way, it will be awesome. And yes! My 3 stone has an F center and G sides - I totally agree with you re tint in a larger stone.

This will be such a beauty. :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG so excited for you @cflutist! It's a gorgeous upgrade and I cannot wait to see this beauty on your hand.:love: Congratulations and wear in health and blingy happiness.:appl:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What an amazing upgrade, and the new stone looks incredible! :love: I am so excited for you, @cflutist!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who do you think you are - @Dancing Fire? ;-) :lol: lol

Will be awesome, congratulations on managing to get one that meets all your preferred specs! :))

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh, all I want to do is browse Wink's stock. For some reason, his website won't load on my work computer (we don't have a filter or blocker or anything), and I don't really use my laptop in the evenings. :boohoo:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh, all I want to do is browse Wink's stock. For some reason, his website won't load on my work computer (we don't have a filter or blocker or anything), and I don't really use my laptop in the evenings. :boohoo:

Not trying to go all geek on you, but if your company isn't filtering via proxy then you may want to try an alternate web viewer. Awhile back I had issues on HPD's site using various web browsers. I'm using Chrome now on my Win10 machine and it's going okay.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not trying to go all geek on you, but if your company isn't filtering via proxy then you may want to try an alternate web viewer. Awhile back I had issues on HPD's site using various web browsers. I'm using Chrome now on my Win10 machine and it's going okay.
Also works on Android phones (we own Apple stock but none of their products, lol)

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awesome! Very excited for you!!! Better get some sunglasses! :lol:

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also works on Android phones (we own Apple stock but none of their products, lol)

About 10 years ago I bought a few thousand shares for mid teens. It was yo-yo'ing a little bit and I sold in the mid $20's, which was a nice return at the time. However, today it'd be worth over half a mil, so there's some perspective for you, lol.

FWIW, I wanted to repurchase but after Jobs died I was hesitant. Technically I own some shares in various mutual funds but they are so diluted/blended with other items that it really doesn't count. Maybe one day soon, who knows.

Over the past few years I've shed most my Apple products, except a relic mini iPad I keep for watching movies when I fly. Although at various points I have been very pro-Apple. I do like OS X because of the Unix backbone, but honestly am trying to get Mrs Sledge to the point we can go to a Linux household.

Penquin power baby! :lol: :cool2:

177876731_f892ae27d9_m.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Must see photos!! I do see the tint in the center stone. I'm sure the new E color stone is fabulous!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Over the past few years I've shed most my Apple products, except a relic mini iPad I keep for watching movies when I fly. Although at various points I have been very pro-Apple. I do like OS X because of the Unix backbone, but honestly am trying to get Mrs Sledge to the point we can go to a Linux household.

Penquin power baby! :lol: :cool2:

177876731_f892ae27d9_m.jpg

@sledge

You mean like this?
Hubby is retired now, but was SysAdmin,
IBM AIX, HP UX, Sun Solaris, Unix, Linux, and Oracle DBA. He used to run a Linux server from the house, but now we pay to have it hosted instead. This is just one of 12 shelves of books and manuals.

20190501_113059.jpg

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And that was an F.

I think all the color grades have their highs and lows. I have a low D, yours looked like a low F. At the end of the day it's a subjective decision that we have to go with. And I do wonder about AGS color grading, if it's truly less stringent than GIA.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results