shape
carat
color
clarity

I need your help deciding what to buy from Tiffany & Co.

Platinum-blonde

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, I hope I don't end up selling what I purchase on e-bay. Tiffany has limited quantity of this ring in their stock so I don't think it is available on e-bay or in the secondary market (I haven't seen any yet).

If the ring is limited quantity, and you really love it, you should get it. You don't have to wear something every day. Sometimes, just putting it on for special occasions is enough to get satisfaction. They're going to make the bracelet forever, I wouldn't rush to buy it.

Reactions: nkc

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring looks special, the bracelet is just a bracelet, you can get that basic design anywhere. Since this is from "Tiffany" I would choose the piece that looks like it's from Tiffany, the ring!

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Budget is another dilemma. =)2 All the options I listed above with the exception of the bow necklace are above my credit. However, I thought it would be OK to spend more if I can get something I love and can wear a lot. Otherwise, there will be no benefit to exchanging my existing merchandise.
I do like your choices of jewelry so would love to hear what would be your favorite classic T&Co. piece that you think you can wear a lot.

Do you have any classic pieces already that you wear often? So, for example, I'm looking to get a classic necklace, bracelet and earrings down the road that I can wear a lot (hopefully not take off!).

So, perhaps that's something to consider as well.
Do you want to get a ton of mileage off of your purchase, or are you okay with it being an occasional piece to wear, but it'll retain it's classic look.

I love the Victoria tennis bracelet. However, that yellow diamond ring is stunning too!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I looked at the pieces, I surprised myself by liking the bow necklace the most! It is a fun but stylish piece, very Tiffany. It could be a signature piece. However if I got it I would put a safety chain on the back. Just my 2 cents. I also love the etoile pieces, and the bezel (jazz) pieces (but they may be below what you need to spend).

nkc

Shiny_Rock
When I looked at the pieces, I surprised myself by liking the bow necklace the most! It is a fun but stylish piece, very Tiffany. It could be a signature piece. However if I got it I would put a safety chain on the back. Just my 2 cents. I also love the etoile pieces, and the bezel (jazz) pieces (but they may be below what you need to spend).
It is very sturdy and not easy to take off. I don't think you would need a chain. It is pretty but I don't think I would wear it on a daily basis.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
So I went to the store again today and tried on another ring of a bigger center stone that I had them bring in from another store. The bigger stone catches the eye but the shape is more of a rectangle. I like the ring of the bigger stone but not sure if it is too big for my hand or if the other square shape looks better on my hand. Please let me know what you think. 20180113_120938.jpg

Last edited:

nkc

Shiny_Rock
More pictures... 20180113_115348.jpg 20180113_115507.jpg

Attachments

• 20180113_115145.jpg
    20180113_115145.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 68

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can definitely pull off the larger size but they are both beautiful! What is the price diff? I suppose if The difference is not that significant, I would go for the larger one.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I went to the store again today and tried on another ring of a bigger center stone that I had them bring in from another store. The bigger stone catches the eye but the shape is more of a rectangle. I like the ring of the bigger stone but not sure if it is too big for my hand or if the other square shape looks better on my hand. Please let me know what you think. 20180113_120938.jpg
I actually prefer the smaller, more square one. There’s something about the symmetry of the piece that appeals to me and has a “WOW” factor, to my eyes at least.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am no help. You can rock anything in these pictures.

Just curious are the diamonds the same fancy color designation?

cheers--Sharon

nkc

Shiny_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon
Yes, they're both fancy intense yellow and look the same color side by side. The lighting makes them look different in pictures. I sat in the little room they have at every Tiffany store and the lighting was not good today.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go big or go home! Bigger ring

nkc

Shiny_Rock
HI:

cheers--Sharon
The small one looks more yellow in the last picture I posted but the big one looks more yellow in the picture below. They looked the same color to me 20180113_121424.jpg in person. I think it is the lighting.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I love the rings. Wow. They have presence! I know you stated you don't wear many rings, but these are statements pieces.

Do you see a greater "value" in a ring vs. the bracelet?

cheers--Sharon

nkc

Shiny_Rock
HI:

I love the rings. Wow. They have presence! I know you stated you don't wear many rings, but these are statements pieces.

Do you see a greater "value" in a ring vs. the bracelet?

cheers--Sharon
Something about this ring is different. I don't know if I will feel the same after I've had it for a while. The bracelet will probably get more use. Do you think you would wear this ring often/ daily or not and why?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After all my talk about fancy being impractical I really like the way the larger ring looks on your hand, and I would wear it all the time...or at least often.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Tough question about the ring. 20 years ago I would have answered this question differently, but now you ask, I would not wear that ring everyday.

However, had I owned that bracelet 20 years ago my answer would be the same, today. I would have worn it everyday and likely, by now, worn it out. And I would buy it today and wear it daily. It is more versatile and more practical, for me.

Somehow I don't see the rings and the bracelet as good comparisons. I know you have a Tiffany budget and are making use of it. But the rings are in a class by themselves because they are rather unique and definitely special.

Am I making any sense here?

cheers--Sharon

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the larger ring, I just like the look :kiss2: - but I'm leaning towards the smaller ring because it looks proportional to your hand, and would definitely be appopriate for every day wear imo, which you seem concerned about. It looks very at home on your hand, beautiful!

After reading your last post, I'm thinking maybe you should go for the bracelet, I'm picking up that feel you will wear it more. No right or wrong here, go with what you love and what you think you will wear and enjoy the most!

nkc

Shiny_Rock
HI:

Tough question about the ring. 20 years ago I would have answered this question differently, but now you ask, I would not wear that ring everyday.

However, had I owned that bracelet 20 years ago my answer would be the same, today. I would have worn it everyday and likely, by now, worn it out. And I would buy it today and wear it daily. It is more versatile and more practical, for me.

Somehow I don't see the rings and the bracelet as good comparisons. I know you have a Tiffany budget and are making use of it. But the rings are in a class by themselves because they are rather unique and definitely special.

Am I making any sense here?

cheers--Sharon
Yes. However, I liked rings better when I was younger because my hands looked better than now:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. However, I liked rings better when I was younger because my hands looked better than now:lol:

Well there is always that.....:lol-2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You want my help on what to buy at Tiffany?

Nothing.

There's better stuff, cheaper, elsewhere.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer the smaller ring. Looks better proportioned to your hand and more practical for every day wear.

I still would choose the bracelet though.

Is there anything else at Tiffany's that you would rather spend your store credit on or is it limited to these two pieces?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too prefer the smaller ring. The larger one sits up too high for daily wear IMO. The smaller one curves to your finger better and the other one looks flatter across. Probably because of the height. They are both beautiful though! You have to pick the one you love.

I too still love the bracelet best.

nkc

Shiny_Rock
Another picture... Not sure why my hands appear stained in the picture...

20180113_120239.jpg

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the smaller FIY as well.
Is it possible to get the larger FIY but with a single halo? That would make the center stone pop more imo and you could wear it daily.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Out of the two rings I would do the smaller. I would still purchase the bracelet though out of the three options.

BMI

Shiny_Rock
I think the bracelet looks fantastic on you and it is my first choice (even though I don't usually like tennis bracelets). I also feel that the smaller ring is more flattering on your hand than the larger one if you choose to go that route. Best of luck with your decision!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My vote is still for the ring and, out of the two, my preference on your hand is for the smaller of the two - it really looks perfect on you.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I too prefer the smaller ring. The larger one sits up too high for daily wear IMO. The smaller one curves to your finger better and the other one looks flatter across. Probably because of the height.

Exactly this. The smaller ring looks perfect on you - very proportional on your hand, but still a statement piece. It gets my vote!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results