shape
carat
color
clarity

I need honest opinions about my ring!

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Yep it does look pretty warm in those pictures. I LOVE it though. I really like the contrast with the side stones and I think the setting is beautiful. The new setting is a million times better and looks like an expensive Andrea barbone ring imo.

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Yep it does look pretty warm in those pictures. I LOVE it though. I really like the contrast with the side stones and I think the setting is beautiful. The new setting is a million times better and looks like an expensive Andrea barbone ring imo.

Aww that makes me feel a million times better. The previous setting was not my taste. I always wanted an antique vintage vibe to go with a vintage stone

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh it’s beautiful in both dresses. Definitely looks whiter in the previous one. I agree with PPs that the gallery of YG is not helping it look whiter. I would advise to see it in person in different lighting than she has photographed it in.
I love it, though if it’s not what you love... Beautiful stone.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can certainly see adoring that stone and that ring. I think you could have gotten better -- or more specific -- advice. Not sure where the communication lapse occurred but it seems like they created exactly the look you were hoping to avoid.

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Gosh it’s beautiful in both dresses. Definitely looks whiter in the previous one. I agree with PPs that the gallery of YG is not helping it look whiter. I would advise to see it in person in different lighting than she has photographed it in.
I love it, though if it’s not what you love... Beautiful stone.
I can certainly see adoring that stone and that ring. I think you could have gotten better -- or more specific -- advice. Not sure where the communication lapse occurred but it seems like they created exactly the look you were hoping to avoid.

Yep! And I might adore it once I get it. Idk. But the fact is that if I want to get it reset, I am going to go somewhere in person and tell them exactly what I want. i hope the side stones look good with it.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Sure thing! Thanks for being respectful too with your responses. I posted this on Reddit and someone said I ruined my ring and that definitely sucked and I’m sure influenced the doom and gloom I’m feeling now lol.

reddit has a disporportionate number of nasty people, and of people with bad taste in jewelry. Ignore them.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure thing! Thanks for being respectful too with your responses. I posted this on Reddit and someone said I ruined my ring and that definitely sucked and I’m sure influenced the doom and gloom I’m feeling now lol.

your ring looks absolutly beautiful to me
i cant wait for you to show it to us on your hand when it arrives

for the sake of your anxiety if i were you i would now stop asking strangers on different internet platforms what we all think and just try and take your mind off it till it arrives, there is nothing anyone can do till you see your ring in person and post some pictures of it on your actual hand in your own enviroment

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
your ring looks absolutly beautiful to me
i cant wait for you to show it to us on your hand when it arrives

for the sake of your anxiety if i were you i would now stop asking strangers on different internet platforms what we all think and just try and take your mind off it till it arrives, there is nothing anyone can do till you see your ring in person and post some pictures of it on your actual hand in your own enviroment

and nasty people can go to "he double toothpick".

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Please come back and post pics for us to see when you have the ring in hand!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
and nasty people can go to "he double toothpick".

yes, @pipertong stay away from nasty people on the internet
some people seem to make it a hobby to be unkind to strangers from behind the anonymity of their PC screen, they are worse than school yard bullies

we are nice here at PS, so feel free to make yourself at home here =)2

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m not sure whether you have spent much time looking at true antique rings with multiple diamonds, but back in the day diamond colors were all over the place in the same ring. These old cuts are so rare and hard to find. Color variation in a single ring is very period appropriate. I think if you choose to embrace the artistry of it rather than peer at it with the “evil eye” of perfectionism you will have a much better time of it.

One thing worth keeping in mind too is that larger diamond show more color than smaller diamonds. Even if you have small diamonds of the same color grade as a larger, in this degree of body tint the larger will look darker. It might be very hard to source small stones that perfectly match a larger very tinted diamond. Maybe impossible!

Anyway it think it looks smashing. I hope you love it. It’s very on trend!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
reddit has a disporportionate number of nasty people, and of people with bad taste in jewelry. Ignore them.

Bad taste indeed! PS has always been years ahead of the pack for trends. This reset looks to me to be exactly on trend, ahead even. Chunky gold jewelry with tinted diamonds, included diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds etc etc is so fashionable right now. I suspect to differentiate natural diamonds from labs. But those trends won’t hit Reddit land for like 5 more years! If ever.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
For old cut lovers like me, you have a grail territory ring.:love:
Personally, I wouldn't change a thing.
It's everything I love and I would be thrilled with that particular warmth.
I covet this, hard!:lol:

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Bad taste indeed! PS has always been years ahead of the pack for trends. This reset looks to me to be exactly on trend, ahead even. Chunky gold jewelry with tinted diamonds, included diamonds, salt and pepper diamonds etc etc is so fashionable right now. I suspect to differentiate natural diamonds from labs. But those trends won’t hit Reddit land for like 5 more years! If ever.

This is so insightful! Wow I didn’t know that about the trend. I feel like I was downvoted specifically because my diamond is natural too. It’s lab land over there. Nothing wrong with lab but everyone has their own preference

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I’m not sure whether you have spent much time looking at true antique rings with multiple diamonds, but back in the day diamond colors were all over the place in the same ring. These old cuts are so rare and hard to find. Color variation in a single ring is very period appropriate. I think if you choose to embrace the artistry of it rather than peer at it with the “evil eye” of perfectionism you will have a much better time of it.

One thing worth keeping in mind too is that larger diamond show more color than smaller diamonds. Even if you have small diamonds of the same color grade as a larger, in this degree of body tint the larger will look darker. It might be very hard to source small stones that perfectly match a larger very tinted diamond. Maybe impossible!

Anyway it think it looks smashing. I hope you love it. It’s very on trend!

I don’t understand the rationale behind my jeweler’s decision. I will give the ring a fair chance but what she told me and what she did didn’t match up. She originally picked out lower color side stones and then switched to these whiter ones. Her rationale was because my stone faced up white, it would be better to get higher color stones to make sure everything stayed whiter. Then proceeds to do a closed gallery and 12 prongs. I’m not mad. I’m willing to give it a chance but just confused.

Last edited:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Aww that makes me feel a million times better. The previous setting was not my taste. I always wanted an antique vintage vibe to go with a vintage stone

Also I just noticed that you stated that your diamond is a U color! I have a big U/V color old mine to! I purposely bezeled it in 18k yellow to play up the warmth and I paired with icy white single cut diamonds on the shank to create contrast. It’s a fabulous look imo

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Also I just noticed that you stated that your diamond is a U color! I have a big U/V color old mine to! I purposely bezeled it in 18k yellow to play up the warmth and I paired with icy white single cut diamonds on the shank to create contrast. It’s a fabulous look imo

Wow it looks magnificent!! I love unique rings that are not typically shown on social media etc. I absolutely adore bezels.
I’m hoping this ring will be a surprise and I love it more.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For old cut lovers like me, you have a grail territory ring.:love:
Personally, I wouldn't change a thing.
It's everything I love and I would be thrilled with that particular warmth.
I covet this, hard!:lol:

Same! My stone, which I have played up the color as much as possible, is a "P" AVC and anything more saturated is all I would ever trade up for. A "U" would be amazing!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t understand the rationale behind my jeweler’s decision. I will give the ring a fair chance but what she told me and what she did didn’t match up. She originally picked out lower color side stones and then switched to these whiter ones. Her rationale was because my stone faced up white, it would be better to get higher color stones to make sure everything stayed whiter. Then proceeds to do a closed gallery and 12 prongs. I’m not mad. I’m willing to give it a chance but just confused.

IMO she was def incorrect. My stone looks as colored as it does BC of the contrast with the higher white sides and being wrapped in 18k yellow. It looked it's least "yellow" when it was set in a simple 4 prong white gold setting with a bar basket. IMO for your stone to look the least yellow I would do unplated 14k white gold and NO side stones at all. I would also go for some kind of fancy basket design since it'll help camo the "body color" which is usually more saturated than the top down view.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you kidding me? Your ring looks freaking gorgeous!! :kiss2: Yes, It looks warmer, but in the very best way imo. I actually love the contrast of the whiter side stones to the warmer center. I have to second what @Mjay said. It really does look like an expensive Andrea Barbone piece. Now having said that, it all comes down to personal taste. If you want it to look whiter, it may benefit you to have the center put into a white gold setting, instead of yellow gold (maybe a yellow gold band whith a white gold head?).

I also noticed the background in those pics is pretty warm, which is probably making your ring look even more golden. I have an O colored diamond and it can range from white facing to a beautiful golden color, depending on the room I'm in and the lighting. I'd say give it a chance. See it in person first and then decide how you feel. I really do think its absolutely glorious though...just saying. :lickout:

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Are you kidding me? Your ring looks freaking gorgeous!! :kiss2: Yes, It looks warmer, but in the very best way imo. I actually love the contrast of the whiter side stones to the warmer center. I have to second what @Mjay said. It really does look like an expensive Andrea Barbone piece. Now having said that, it all comes down to personal taste. If you want it to look whiter, it may benefit you to have the center put into a white gold setting, instead of yellow gold (maybe a yellow gold band whith a white gold head?).

I also noticed the background in those pics is pretty warm, which is probably making your ring look even more golden. I have an O colored diamond and it can range from white facing to a beautiful golden color, depending on the room I'm in and the lighting. I'd say give it a chance. See it in person first and then decide how you feel. I really do think its absolutely glorious though...just saying. :lickout:

It’s funny because I actually sent this jeweler Andria Barbonne rings as inspo. She really killed it then! I can’t wait to receive it.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I'll need a fashion show. It's the closest I'm likely to get to ring like this.:love:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think this is going to be an interesting period where the rise in lab diamonds is going to shift what we covet in natural diamonds. How to distinguish a very pricey natural diamonds from is very inexpensive lab counterpart? Tint! Inclusions! I am super curious where this is headed and yeah, I think your ring is totally cresting the wave of this trend. As to be expected from such a talented designer who is clearly keeping up and even setting trends.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Did she not provide CADS where you could see that the stone would be surrounded in yellow gold?

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I think this is going to be an interesting period where the rise in lab diamonds is going to shift what we covet in natural diamonds. How to distinguish a very pricey natural diamonds from is very inexpensive lab counterpart? Tint! Inclusions! I am super curious where this is headed and yeah, I think your ring is totally cresting the wave of this trend. As to be expected from such a talented designer who is clearly keeping up and even setting trends.

I have lab tennis bracelets etc. But something that drives me crazy is Lauren B’s old mine cut lab diamonds. They don’t look old mine to me at all. They look too modern and glassy. So I welcome this trend just like we’ve gone back to yellow gold settings, I think we are already seeing a move towards antique stone and antique settings. So yummy!

Last edited:

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Did she not provide CADS where you could see that the stone would be surrounded in yellow gold?

No. She quoted me 12 weeks so I thought I would be receiving a cad but 4 weeks in the whole ring was ready.

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
No. She quoted me 12 weeks so I thought I would be receiving a cad but 4 weeks in the whole ring was ready.

Ok that’s a little weird. Normally you should get a CAD for approval. Did you discuss exactly what you wanted or give her full authority to do as she saw best? There are some jewelers I trust absolutely (Victor) but for the rest, approval is key imo. Especially if there’s a mismatch between your expectations around the stone’s color and putting it in 18k yellow gold. I agree with the poster above that the metal choice and setting will likely increase the color.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results