shape
carat
color
clarity

I need honest opinions about my ring!

pipertong

Rough_Rock
We flanked my OMC with two euros. I am concerned that the prongs and setting is making my diamond look much more yellow than it needs to be. It’s a very low color antique as I love but faced up whiter before resetting (IMO). I reset it because the original split shank was not my style.
IMG_2685.jpeg IMG_2684.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2681.jpeg
    IMG_2681.jpeg
    209.5 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_2690.png
    IMG_2690.png
    801.9 KB · Views: 193

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s beautiful but I agree that just based on the photos you posted, the new setting enhances the warmth. What color is it graded? I’m curious about the color of the side stones as well.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
I have an F color emerald cut that I bezel set in 18 kt yellow gold. My emerald cut definitely looks warmer in the bezel.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wouldn’t be surprised this mounting accentuated color.

I can’t tell from picture if the girdle is partially above the mounting or completely above the mounting? Hard to tell if that would even change anything tho with 12 prongs and solid gallery.
Same hard to tell if white plating the total inside of prongs and gallery would have any impact?

Out of curiosity
Is it seeming to have more color from previous mounting in all lighting environments or just some?

Very pretty!

Last edited:

pipertong

Rough_Rock
It’s beautiful but I agree that just based on the photos you posted, the new setting enhances the warmth. What color is it graded? I’m curious about the color of the side stones as well.

It’s actually a U color center stone

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I wouldn’t be surprised this mounting accentuated color.

I can’t tell from picture if the girdle is partially above the mounting or completely above the mounting? Hard to tell if that would even change anything tho with 12 prongs and solid gallery.
Same hard to tell if white plating the total inside of prongs and gallery would have any impact?

Out of curiosity
Is it seeming to have more color from previous mounting in all lighting environments or just some?

Very pretty!

I actually haven’t even received the ring yet. Just going off of pics. My original ring had a yellow tint in the sunlight and pictures but looked white in person.

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I have an F color emerald cut that I bezel set in 18 kt yellow gold. My emerald cut definitely looks warmer in the bezel.

Ah got it. My ring is U color. I talked with my jeweler and they said to embrace the warmth so that’s what I’m trying to do. Just don’t want it to look like a completely different stone

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Crap. That’s not what I wanted and I was so clear about that.

I don’t want to come across as harsh, but the stone is very low color at a U so to tell a jeweler that you did not want warmth but you chose yellow gold - it’s an unrealistic expectation to expect a white looking stone. The stone would still be warm no matter what metal you chose because a U is a U. Also, is it a GIA report U? If it’s EGL or just jeweler rated, then it could be even warmer.

For what it’s worth I think it’s absolutely beautiful and I look forward to seeing other pictures when you are able to post them!

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I don’t want to come across as harsh, but the stone is very low color at a U so to tell a jeweler that you did not want warmth but you chose yellow gold - it’s an unrealistic expectation to expect a white looking stone. The stone would still be warm no matter what metal you chose because a U is a U. Also, is it a GIA report U? If it’s EGL or just jeweler rated, then it could be even warmer.

For what it’s worth I think it’s absolutely beautiful and I look forward to seeing other pictures when you are able to post them!

Yes it’s GIA reported, and yes I knew it would always look warm. I actually dislike icy white and welcome warm. Jeweler said the same thing and I was ok with it. I just don’t want it to look like canary yellow or a different stone completely. I liked how my stone faced up somewhat white and hope it doesn’t change too much with all the prongs and closed gallery. If it does I’ll just reset it

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Yes it’s GIA reported, and yes I knew it would always look warm. I actually dislike icy white and welcome warm. Jeweler said the same thing and I was ok with it. I just don’t want it to look like canary yellow or a different stone completely. I liked how my stone faced up somewhat white and hope it doesn’t change too much with all the prongs and closed gallery. If it does I’ll just reset it

Agree that the more open setting in the first picture looks whiter. But curious to see what you think when you get it and see it in various lighting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For what it's worth I think it's really pretty, but of course you (OP) are the one wearing it so you should love it

pipertong

Rough_Rock
For what it's worth I think it's really pretty, but of course you (OP) are the one wearing it so you should love it

Fortunately I am moving to a much better area of the US in a few months with Boston just a short drive away. If I can’t stand this ring I think the best thing would be to go in person and have it reset. I’m basically done with remote work after this

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen the sidestones in person, with your stone
before the ring was put together?

I actually haven’t even received the ring yet. Just going off of pics. My original ring had a yellow tint in the sunlight and pictures but looked white in person.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No they sourced the side stones for me -Kelty Pelechytik in Canada did this work

The good news Is that Kelty does really lovely work and seems kind. So I wouldn't get too upset yet as you might like it IRL

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I agree with what has been previously mentioned about the closed gallery and all those prongs. Also, I think the way the center stone has been set it looks smaller than when you had it in the split shank. Is the yellow gold the same for both rings?

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I agree with what has been previously mentioned about the closed gallery and all those prongs. Also, I think the way the center stone has been set it looks smaller than when you had it in the split shank. Is the yellow gold the same for both rings?

Yes 18k for both

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No they sourced the side stones for me -Kelty Pelechytik in Canada did this work

i can only do some guessing
and it’s totally not fair to go off of pictures that not may be totally accurate on my monitor.

your sidestones look to have a color differential similar to my three stone. One leans brown and the other leans yellow. (ETA degree of noticeability of this IRL is absolutely dependent on environmental lighting)

it’s incredibly difficult to match. I get this. Concessions have to be made somewhere. Sometimes facet pattern and make take priority over a little tint difference. I get this. I made that choice for mine at the time.

but if this is something that you yourself wouldn’t choose and didn’t know beforehand - and If it’s a problem - if I were you I’d sure want to know beforehand.
I apologize if this is out of line and will delete this if you say to.

Last edited:

pipertong

Rough_Rock
i can only do some guessing
and it’s totally not fair to go off of pictures that not may be totally accurate on my monitor.

your sidestones look to have a color differential similar to my three stone. One leans brown and the other leans yellow.

it’s incredibly difficult to match. I get this. Concessions have to be made somewhere. Sometimes facet pattern and make take priority over a little tint difference. I get this. I made that choice for mine at the time.

but if this is something that you yourself wouldn’t choose and didn’t know beforehand - and If it’s a problem - if I were you I’d sure want to know beforehand.
I apologize if this is out of line and will delete this if you say to.

I’m going to be honest. I don’t think the pics are that great quality since I tried to zoom in. I think I’m just going to wait to see it in person. The jeweler is talented and loved by a lot of people on here. I am going to trust her eye and wait to receive in person. The problem is I have zero jewelry stores around me that I trust. I needed to go remote.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m going to be honest. I don’t think the pics are that great quality since I tried to zoom in. I think I’m just going to wait to see it in person. The jeweler is talented and loved by a lot of people on here. I am going to trust her eye and wait to receive in person. The problem is I have zero jewelry stores around me that I trust. I needed to go remote.

I think this is the best plan. She has a great eye and I would trust her (esp since I agree the pics aren't great)

pipertong

Rough_Rock
I think this is the best plan. She has a great eye and I would trust her (esp since I agree the pics aren't great)

Sure thing! Thanks for being respectful too with your responses. I posted this on Reddit and someone said I ruined my ring and that definitely sucked and I’m sure influenced the doom and gloom I’m feeling now lol.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure thing! Thanks for being respectful too with your responses. I posted this on Reddit and someone said I ruined my ring and that definitely sucked and I’m sure influenced the doom and gloom I’m feeling now lol.

Omg that's horrible! You certainly didn't ruin it by any means! Espexially because settings can always be changed. Ugh people are so mean

pipertong

Rough_Rock
Omg that's horrible! You certainly didn't ruin it by any means! Espexially because settings can always be changed. Ugh people are so mean

Yep! And it got downvoted a ton. Safe to say I’m logging off until receiving ‍smh haha

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

That’s so awful!!! I’m sorry that happened to you. Ppl in PS tend to be much more respectful while
still being candid when asked for their opinion and thoughts.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results