shape
carat
color
clarity

i know nopthing about rounds........what does this look like spec wise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 10:38:00 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I hate to be the lone voice in a crowd, but if I had the great fortune of having that kind of budget, I wouldn''t be looking below F-G or VS. I''d far rather have a 3-4 ct. F-VS1 than a 5 ct. H-J SI. But that''s just me!

The rounds are going to be far more flashy than an emerald. You can get away with a very large emerald because they face up smaller per carat and are less sparkly than a round. Rounds that are too large can look a little too much for my taste, but again, that''s my lonely little opinion!

(And again, if this was me, I''d keep that gorgeous emerald ring and be looking for a nice 2-3 ct. round to wear on alternate days~
30.gif
)
good advice. will never go below vs2. G in a round doesnt bother me. that size round makes me a tad nervous

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That advice makes perfect sense but if you''re considering an ideal-cut round, you can definitely still find an eye-clean SI1. I''d have to agree on the color though...I have a 3.5carat ideal cut H and at some angles, I see a very faint creaminess. It doesn''t bother me at all because it faces up icy white, but if you''re color-sensitive and considering a 4-5 carat round, perhaps a G would be better.
1.gif

So what are you thinking, WS? Seriously contemplating a round? Are you an asscher girl at all? For some reason I can totally see you with a honkin'' asscher set in a very simple setting....perhaps just a pave band. Or plain and brushed like Wallermama''s!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 10:56:19 AM
Author: KristyDarling
That advice makes perfect sense but if you're considering an ideal-cut round, you can definitely still find an eye-clean SI1. I'd have to agree on the color though...I have a 3.5carat ideal cut H and at some angles, I see a very faint creaminess. It doesn't bother me at all because it faces up icy white, but if you're color-sensitive and considering a 4-5 carat round, perhaps a G would be better.
1.gif

So what are you thinking, WS? Seriously contemplating a round? Are you an asscher girl at all? For some reason I can totally see you with a honkin' asscher set in a very simple setting....perhaps just a pave band. Or plain and brushed like Wallermama's!

well -its tough. there is not much out there EC-wise. I am waiting to see a couple stones that are not "back" yet. my specs on an EC are pretty tight. I know I would like a larger stone and I am trying to see how I feel about other cuts...........I really dont love rounds BUT if they are bezel set..........thats a different story. Leon Mege has a round on his website bezel set with a ring of calibre square emeralds....................
face23.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/18/2006 10:56:19 AM
That advice makes perfect sense but if you''re considering an ideal-cut round, you can definitely still find an eye-clean SI1. I''d have to agree on the color though...I have a 3.5carat ideal cut H and at some angles, I see a very faint creaminess. It doesn''t bother me at all because it faces up icy white, but if you''re color-sensitive and considering a 4-5 carat round, perhaps a G would be better.
1.gif

So what are you thinking, WS? Seriously contemplating a round? Are you an asscher girl at all? For some reason I can totally see you with a honkin'' asscher set in a very simple setting....perhaps just a pave band. Or plain and brushed like Wallermama''s!
Kristy, in all honesty, your diamond set with those side pears is gorgeous, and the absolute perfect maximum size for a round combination, in my humble opinion (unless the person has size 8 fingers, or something). I think the small side pears help the overall look and keep the center from looking too big. I have always loved Kaleigh''s for the same reason. They are wellbalanced. elegant rings.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
how big a round woulod look okay in a bezel like the leon one i posted? 3 carat?

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, shucks. Thanks diamondseeker.
9.gif

WS, that is an incredible ring!!! The square emeralds all around are something else! What size finger are you again? Since we''re going for bling, I''d say a 3-3.5 carat round would be really, really nice in that setting.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And are you thinking diamonds in the halo, or emeralds?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 11:44:31 AM
And are you thinking diamonds in the halo, or emeralds?
dont know -but i might tire of the emeralds? i wear a 6 1/2 and my hand are super long size 7 3/4 gloves.yikes i wont deny i am partial to Ec's and step cuts inn general and i prefer deco-y design so i think the squares in the ring tone down the round brilliant as do the smooth thick bezel

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, you really have to LOVE emeralds to commit to having them in your e-ring. I can totally see that ring with diamonds in the halo. And yes, it''s a very deco look...which I adore.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Would you consider setting a RB in that dreamy split shank baugette ring you posted earlier in another thread? Wonder if some handy PS''er could photoshop that idea...

cheers--Sharon

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
WS go into a store and TRY THINGS ON.

seriously. it's all good for me to want the 5c for you, someone else to say well you shouldn't get a large gaudy stone, someone else to say don't go beneath an F VS or whatever, but in the end it's all about you and what you want to see on your hand. you may be doing all this thinking about rounds and realize when you try some on that you plain just don't like them and need to stick with an EC.

and i still say if you are dropping $90k coins, you need to get the vendors involved, make them work for you!!! have them help you out. it's not like you are buying a few melee here!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 12:01:14 PM
Author: Mara
WS go into a store and TRY THINGS ON.

seriously. it''s all good for me to want the 5c for you, someone else to say well you shouldn''t get a large gaudy stone, someone else to say don''t go beneath an F VS or whatever, but in the end it''s all about you and what you want to see on your hand. you may be doing all this thinking about rounds and realize when you try some on that you plain just don''t like them and need to stick with an EC.

and i still say if you are dropping $90k coins, you need to get the vendors involved, make them work for you!!! have them help you out. it''s not like you are buying a few melee here!
well Mara: I agree. I am feeling a little ignored by my vendor (who I will trade through) so I am somewhat limited by that.....

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s so funny, WS. I had started out working with 3 PS vendors and felt rather ignored by 2 of them. I''d email/call on a regular basis and get responses only like 1/3 of the time. And half the time I felt like I was bugging them. It was surprising given how much I was willing to spend. It was the 3rd vendor who went out of his way to help me (JA!) and who found what I wanted....it took 3 months but in stones of this size I guess we''re pretty limited. Yeah, reading over this thread I think we all agree that you should just go try a bunch of stuff on, you never know -- maybe you''ll end up falling in love with RBs! Or not!
2.gif

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Ok, maybe this is blashphamy from me too, but for a round, I also think that KristyDarling''s is the perfect (and max) size for a RB. Of course finger size into consideration. But for fancy shapes, I think the bigger sizes are gorgeous. 4-5 carats in fancy cuts are really nice though.

Window Shopper: are you sure you don''t want to reset your emerald? Maybe a different setting would give it a different feel. I know you were never crazy about the setting.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Have you seen the picture of Geena Lee Nolin''s ring in the Celebrity Ring Thread? I think it''s a 7 carat round in a micro pave split shank setting that is quite beautiful.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 3:24:17 PM
Author: allycat0303
Ok, maybe this is blashphamy from me too, but for a round, I also think that KristyDarling''s is the perfect (and max) size for a RB. Of course finger size into consideration. But for fancy shapes, I think the bigger sizes are gorgeous. 4-5 carats in fancy cuts are really nice though.

Window Shopper: are you sure you don''t want to reset your emerald? Maybe a different setting would give it a different feel. I know you were never crazy about the setting.
hers is 3.56 right? i think you are right................i may have to re-set there is nothing around. everything I ask about is not available

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WS
according to the basic rule
34.gif
...you can go up to a 5.5 ct rb on your 6.5 size ring finger.
2.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
windowshopper, just saw this in another thread and thought of you
1.gif

R-ec.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 7:03:53 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
WS
34.gif
2.gif
so ................what is the basic rule?

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 9:30:56 PM
Author: mrssalvo
windowshopper, just saw this in another thread and thought of you
1.gif

R-ec.jpg
oooooo delish!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 8:10:48 PM
Author: SquareCut
WS, Sounds like it''s time to try a cushion search again. A 5 ct. cushion is always appropriate!

http://www.jewelryzone.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1398&diamond=1459463
Oh, WS I am following this so close. I am in the same position, sort of. Can''t find a stone. Vendors ignore you after the inital call or 2. So, I too started looking and thinking about RB''s. I think I will have to keep mine (if I go there) around 3.5ct. Daughter and I are going to NYC this summer. And I am waiting to try things on there. Even here in Houston, there is very little to try on that blows my socks off.

It was a cushion I was after for so long. I''ll have to check that one above out. My husband loves EC''s. My all time favorite is Michael Beaudry, EC 5+ct, with step cut traps on the side and a 3-sided band. Should have bought the dang thing when I first saw it, years ago.

Keep us posted. I know this search is confusing and exhausting.

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
WS
34.gif
2.gif
what is the basic rule? Do tell!

so if my ring finger is a size 5, then how large of a RB should I go. Not that I''m gonna follow any rule, except the one that says bling is king.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 12:47:24 AM
Author: Ann

Date: 5/18/2006 8:10:48 PM
Author: SquareCut
WS, Sounds like it''s time to try a cushion search again. A 5 ct. cushion is always appropriate!

http://www.jewelryzone.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1398&diamond=1459463
Oh, WS I am following this so close. I am in the same position, sort of. Can''t find a stone. Vendors ignore you after the inital call or 2. So, I too started looking and thinking about RB''s. I think I will have to keep mine (if I go there) around 3.5ct. Daughter and I are going to NYC this summer. And I am waiting to try things on there. Even here in Houston, there is very little to try on that blows my socks off.

It was a cushion I was after for so long. I''ll have to check that one above out. My husband loves EC''s. My all time favorite is Michael Beaudry, EC 5+ct, with step cut traps on the side and a 3-sided band. Should have bought the dang thing when I first saw it, years ago.

Keep us posted. I know this search is confusing and exhausting.
Ann:

What do you have now? are you trying to upgrade?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/19/2006 12:50:47 AM
Author: Ann

WS
34.gif
2.gif
what is the basic rule? Do tell!

so if my ring finger is a size 5, then how large of a RB should I go. Not that I''m gonna follow any rule, except the one that says bling is king.
up to a 4ct RB center stone.
34.gif

up to a 5ct center stone for a fancy cut.
34.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay I ADORE that Leon ring! The squares in the halo are to die for. Even with all diamonds I'm saying it's going to be stunning. As for size... Yikes. I'm thinking up to 6 carats for a fancy... 4-5 for a round. What vendors are ignoring you honey? With that kind of money they should be falling at your feet. If you want a jeweler who is a diamond broker-- not online-- who is reasonable (everything checked out with my ring BTW, went to the appaiser for a cert check) mine is great... and is worth a call. He's in DE so there's no sales tax at all... even if you go out there to pick out a diamond from among the three you can have him get in for you... and Amelia, his assistant, will NOT drop the ball.

If I may suggest a ring:
asshercut.jpg

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 8:28:55 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay I ADORE that Leon ring! The squares in the halo are to die for. Even with all diamonds I''m saying it''s going to be stunning. As for size... Yikes. I''m thinking up to 6 carats for a fancy... 4-5 for a round. What vendors are ignoring you honey? With that kind of money they should be falling at your feet. If you want a jeweler who is a diamond broker-- not online-- who is reasonable (everything checked out with my ring BTW, went to the appaiser for a cert check) mine is great... and is worth a call. He''s in DE so there''s no sales tax at all... even if you go out there to pick out a diamond from among the three you can have him get in for you... and Amelia, his assistant, will NOT drop the ball.

If I may suggest a ring:
asshercut.jpg
Gypsy: I wouldnt mind the name of your broker. Just to store away for the moment. yes i am pretty pissed. i have a trade in polisy i would like to exercise and i am being royally ignored. in fact it seems there are quite a few complaints from pricescopers about customer service in general --i am really disappointed

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oval???

http://icestore.com/search/diamond_inventory_detail.asp?ID=26302

Okay... My jeweler is www.minstersjewelers.com

Ask for Will, Jill, or Amelia. Will is the owner but Jill is his wife and Amelia is amazing and tell them Layla sent you. Store it away... or call them tomorrow just for groundwork. Tell them what you have and ask them if they can work with you... like I said he's a broker so he may be able to work with you to trade up your ring. *shrug* they aren't the fanciest store but the customer service I've gotten there has been amazing. And we've bought more than one diamond from him. It's been consitent.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 8:28:55 PM
Author: Gypsy
Okay I ADORE that Leon ring! The squares in the halo are to die for. Even with all diamonds I''m saying it''s going to be stunning. As for size... Yikes. I''m thinking up to 6 carats for a fancy... 4-5 for a round. What vendors are ignoring you honey? With that kind of money they should be falling at your feet. If you want a jeweler who is a diamond broker-- not online-- who is reasonable (everything checked out with my ring BTW, went to the appaiser for a cert check) mine is great... and is worth a call. He''s in DE so there''s no sales tax at all... even if you go out there to pick out a diamond from among the three you can have him get in for you... and Amelia, his assistant, will NOT drop the ball.

If I may suggest a ring:
asshercut.jpg
and where does this magnificent beast hail from??????????

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results