shape
carat
color
clarity

i know nopthing about rounds........what does this look like spec wise?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Shape: Round
Carat weight: 4.22
Cut: Ideal
Color: G
Clarity: VVS1
Certificate: AGS

Depth: 60.8%
Table: 54%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to medium
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Medium
Measurements: 10.52*10.56*6.30

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
promising but you would need a sarin or megascope with angles to tell more...

i like the ID/ID and the thin-med girdle and the table and depth combo so far though. the range of diameter is also very tight for a large stone that is a good sign.

don't really love the VVS though, that probably is adding on alot of $$ to the cost?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, huge?
2.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 6:37:36 PM
Author: Mara
promising but you would need a sarin or megascope with angles to tell more...

i like the ID/ID and the thin-med girdle and the table and depth combo so far though.

don''t really love the VVS though, that probably is adding on alot of $$ to the cost?
yeas i hate the vvs part--i am looking for an upgrade for my EC but there is not much available.........i am toying with other shapes but i am not sure...........

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 6:38:00 PM
Author: JulieN
Umm, huge?
2.gif
yeah really!

julie....not to sidetrack, but have you posted more on yourself anywhere on PS, aka about your background? you seem to have a great working knowledge of the industry as well as be on top of the industry news (aka you knew that prices had just risen on platinum when we hadn't really heard of it here) and i'm curious if you are just a consumer or are you in the industry? inquiring minds!
5.gif

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/17/2006 6:41:13 PM

yeah really!

julie....not to sidetrack, but have you posted more on yourself anywhere on PS, aka about your background? you seem to have a great working knowledge of the industry as well as be really heard of it on PS here) and i''m curious if you are just a consumer or are you in the industry? inquiring minds!
5.gif
I haven''t posted, yet. Just a consumer! Been here almost a year.

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
Can''t wait to see what you come up with...Mara saw a 3.29, right??? And a 5, I think!!

It sounds great!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not sure what your budget is....but if i was buying a large stone this would be it:

http://www.whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-2362045.htm

or one of them anyway.
9.gif
i know it's SI2 but in the 40x mag it looks totally-eye clean which would be amazing for a stone that size.
30.gif

ETA: hehe nevermind re: the budget, i just searched for your 4.22 contender, and can see that this 5c is definitely cheaper! so i'd consider it at least, esp since it's bigger!
31.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay and now the thought of you considering the 5c has me all giddy, here is WF's *other* 5c which is a 5c I SI ACA....stunning and HUGE on my hand. i have a size 6 finger, yours is smaller right? MAN! puddle of drool here!

mara hand shot 5c c.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that stone is unbelievable!
3.gif

a true d.o. inducer
31.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
WS,
I''d buy that stone in a heart beat. Gorgeous, doesn''t begin to describe it. Yummo!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 10:13:58 PM
Author: kaleigh
WS,
I''d buy that stone in a heart beat. Gorgeous, doesn''t begin to describe it. Yummo!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
whuch one? the one i posted? do you think the table is too small?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 11:35:47 PM
Author: windowshopper

WS,
I'd buy that stone in a heart beat. Gorgeous, doesn't begin to describe it. Yummo!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
haha, no i think she means the amazingly HUGE 5c i posted.
9.gif

on the one you posted, you need to get more information before you will know more!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 11:43:15 PM

Date: 5/17/2006 11:35:47 PM

WS,
30.gif
30.gif
haha, no i think she means the amazingly HUGE 5c i posted.
9.gif

on the one you posted, you need to get more information before you will know more!
Mara: the one you posted is TOO big...........how does one set a boulder???????????????? Mara whats the downside to that smaller table?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2006 11:55:23 PM

Mara: the one you posted is TOO big
blasphemy!

besides, the one you posted is 10.52mm and the one she posted is 11.08. 1/2mm is not a huge difference at that size.

Diam100

Shiny_Rock
Yep that's a BIG boulder Mara posted (lol). I think if I remember your in Manhattan so If you bought that I could probably identify you from the mad sparkle blinging from your hand.

WS... If you are in NY use the Diamond District to figure out your preference. I can't tell you how many times I walked over there to figure out size, table preference etc.. etc..

Table preference will boil down to personal taste. I prefer a 56 or 57 table - just liked the look. You may prefer a smaller/larger table. The only thing that makes this hard to compare is the fact you are missing crown & pav. angles etc. It could in all honesty be a knock-out diamond.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 12:05:09 AM
Author: Diam100
Yep that''s a BIG boulder Mara posted (lol). I think if I remember your in Manhattan so If you bought that I could probably identify you from the mad sparkle blinging from your hand.

WS... If you are in NY use the Diamond District to figure out your preference. I can''t tell you how many times I walked over there to figure out size, table preference etc.. etc..

Table preference will boil down to personal taste. I prefer a 56 or 57 table - just liked the look. You may prefer a smaller/larger table. The only thing that makes this hard to compare is the fact you are missing crown & pav. angles etc. It could in all honesty be a knock-out diamond.
you know i find the diamond district usesless................everyone wants to know how much will you spend and shows you garbage.............any recs?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
not to be a size cynic WS...but girl, you're considering a 4.22 and you think that a 5.12 is a boulder??? that 4.22 will be a big ole boulder too....just a .5mm smaller boulder. that is not alot when you are talking about these sizes. have you tried on a 4c round yet? isnt your finger size smaller than mine? if so, the 4.22 may be the size the 5c is on me!

one other Q....you are looking to spend a substantial amount of $$. are you working with a vendor or two you can trust to help you locate something? it seems like when you drop that kind of cash you should really take advantage of the assistance that the vendors would be willing to give? we're great and all but yanno!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 12:34:57 AM
not to be a size cynic WS...but girl, you're considering a 4.22 and you think that a 5.12 is a boulder??? that 4.22 will be a big ole boulder too....just a .5mm smaller boulder. that is not alot when you are talking about these sizes. have you tried on a 4c round yet? isnt your finger size smaller than mine? if so, the 4.22 may be the size the 5c is on me!

one other Q....you are looking to spend a substantial amount of $$. are you working with a vendor or two you can trust to help you locate something? it seems like when you drop that kind of cash you should really take advantage of the assistance that the vendors would be willing to give? we're great and all but yanno!
Mara:

You are absolutely right --a couple pieces of info to clarify...........my husband thinks VERY large diamonds are (cough cough) unseemly. My Ec at 3.18 he finds elegant and ENOUGH. He has been amazed at the reaction I get from people about my stone......for an EC it is for lack of a better cliche, brilliant. However, I have lonnnnng hands and it feels small on me. My ring finger is a 6 1/2 left and 7 on the right..... (and its not just shrinkage). I have a decent buy back and/or trade in policy but my dilemma is a follows. There arent many decent EC's out there especially when we get to these sizes. The prices have gone up so much that my"same" stone this year (one year 5 months ago purchased0 is now $12,000 more. SO in order to go up 1 to 2 carats its more than double the cost of my stone. If I only go to 4 carats there is almost NO increase in size as my stone is so well cut (depth 62, table 59) comparatively. There is a lot more selection in rounds and more ease of compromise. I.e. I cant get an Si Emerald cut.......................SO I dont know what to do..........there is one stone I am waiting to see.......but its out on memo and I dont know what will happen. ...........so i am thiking perhaps a big round but I am not sure I am a round kind of girl
32.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
For what it''s worth WS, the 5.12 isn''t too much bigger than the stone you are already considering. I''d really think on it. Plus Mara has seen it and thinks it''s a wow. I''m also wondering if you really have your heart set on a round?? Seems to me you are now looking at rounds as the carat weight you want in a EC is slim pickins?? I love RB''s, they are my Fav. But a totally different animal from the sleek look of an EC. The diamond district is for getting a feel of what you want. I have been there many times, feels like a meat market and wouldn''t buy there if you paid me. But it does have it''s purpose in that it helps you in the selection process. JMHO. Good luck!!!
1.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 12:50:43 AM
For what it''s worth WS, the 5.12 isn''t too much bigger than the stone you are already considering. I''d really think on it. Plus Mara has seen it and thinks it''s a wow. I''m also wondering if you really have your heart set on a round?? Seems to me you are now looking at rounds as the carat weight you want in a EC is slim pickins?? I love RB''s, they are my Fav. But a totally different animal from the sleek look of an EC. The diamond district is for getting a feel of what you want. I have been there many times, feels like a meat market and wouldn''t buy there if you paid me. But it does have it''s purpose in that it helps you in the selection process. JMHO. Good luck!!!
1.gif
I love you Kaleigh..........its so true. If I could pump my current stone up to a 4.75 I d be thrilled.....................I dont think I will ever find it. I was thinking a large round in a simple milgrained bezel --set in platinum....................might give me an interesting old euro feel?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh WS if you aren''t sure about a big round, you should definitely get into a store and try some on...you may not like them on your hand esp after wearing the EC you have. if you are a true EC lover then i would just hold out if you can...i mean obviously i love big rounds but if you are a fancy lover then i wouldn''t ''settle'' for a round yanno!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WS I think you deserve *exactly* what your heart desires. Please don''t cave into diamond availability pressures and buy something that you''re not 100% in love and lust with.
2.gif
The others have good suggestions....go on a windowshopping frenzy, Miss Windowshopper, and try on as many different cuts as you can.

(Miss Mara, you just HAD to post that diamond-gasm inducing 5 carat honker, didn''t you!!!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 2:01:53 AM
Author: KristyDarling
WS I think you deserve *exactly* what your heart desires. Please don''t cave into diamond availability pressures and buy something that you''re not 100% in love and lust with.
2.gif
The others have good suggestions....go on a windowshopping frenzy, Miss Windowshopper, and try on as many different cuts as you can.

(Miss Mara, you just HAD to post that diamond-gasm inducing 5 carat honker, didn''t you!!!)
I have my eye on it
31.gif

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 2:01:53 AM
Author: KristyDarling
2.gif

Was that picture of the 5 carat on Mara''s (real) hand???????/

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh, seriouly???
9.gif
You MUST tell us more!

WS -- yes, that is THE 5ct honker that Mara tried on while at WF.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to be the lone voice in a crowd, but if I had the great fortune of having that kind of budget, I wouldn't be looking below F-G or VS. I'd far rather have a 3-4 ct. F-VS1 than a 5 ct. H-J SI. But that's just me!

The rounds are going to be far more flashy than an emerald. You can get away with a very large emerald because they face up smaller per carat and are less sparkly than a round. Rounds that are too large can look a little too much for my taste, but again, that's my lonely little opinion!

(And again, if this was me, I'd keep that gorgeous emerald ring and be looking for a nice 2-3 ct. round to wear on alternate days~
30.gif
)

Sunshines

Rough_Rock
Yes, I totally share diamondseekers'' thoughts. At that size, I will be careful with the clarity.
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results