shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do not use booties and we live in a cold-winter region. We just keep our outside walks to minimum. I wipe his feet when we come in. We run around a lot inside to help him use energy.

IMG_1198.jpeg

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Recently moved to a colder climate. Sand is used instead of salt. We’re rural and don’t have a sidewalk so pups feet are mostly on snow or ice instead of pavement. Do you have thoughts or a recommendation for boots or no boots?
Get a pair just in case. These work fine
It's not worth spending a ton when they won't wear them enough.
I only use them when it gets near zero or you're out for more than an hour. My current dog hates any boot/sock and would rather 'deal'. You'll know it's too cold when they start lifting their feet off the ground and holding them.
My other dog would wear them begrudgingly to please mom, but he was a cold weather dog and didn't need really them.
The only other time they need them is if you go mountain hiking on trails with more bare rockface than dirt, it can tear up their pads after awhile.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that Target is selling small bags of rocks for $10.00

I was tempted, but I already have rocks in my backyard.o_O
IMG_20240109_163028776.jpg

Pottery Barn sells theirs for even more - they call them River Rocks. Their smooth polish does make for nice arrangements though!

Attachments

• IMG_0637.jpeg
    IMG_0637.jpeg
    216 KB · Views: 15

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently moved to a colder climate. Sand is used instead of salt. We’re rural and don’t have a sidewalk so pups feet are mostly on snow or ice instead of pavement. Do you have thoughts or a recommendation for boots or no boots?

I would see if the pups seem to mind no boots, and if not I'd let them go free footed! Currently we've got an Australian Shepherd (who LOVES everything cold and snowy), but even the Parson's Terrier doesn't appear bothered by having his feet in the snow. However if we get anything over about 3" and he's in danger of freezing his little boom boom off taking a tinkle -- THAT he minds. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I’m still listening to Christmas music

(and our tree is still up) :shhh:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that Target is selling small bags of rocks for $10.00

I was tempted, but I already have rocks in my backyard.o_O
IMG_20240109_163028776.jpg

I was very close to buying my daughter a rock tumbler for Christmas. Then I remembered that my brother and I had one as kids and didn't end up using it that often. However, the newer models aren't as noisy, I know where to source rough, and I bet my kiddo could make a little money selling bags of tumbled rocks! LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2024-01-13 at 7.39.15 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
if she has a Boston Terrier and found a coat to fit, please get me the info on where she found it or who makes it. I have a Boston ( my 5th) and their barrel chests while still having somewhat smaller necks means they are hard to fit. I can't tell you how many coats, halters, etc. I've tried.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was very close to buying my daughter a rock tumbler for Christmas. Then I remembered that my brother and I had one as kids and didn't end up using it that often. However, the newer models aren't as noisy, I know where to source rough, and I bet my kiddo could make a little money selling bags of tumbled rocks! LOL

I had one when I was a kid!
It took soooooo long to tumble! A week or something!
But when you used up the grit, new packets had to be ordered by mail.....and it just never happened.
I thought I would love it, but not so much.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do the smartest mouths always seem to be attached to the stupidest people?

"Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. "

We are seeing it in action front and center unfortunately.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
shitit'scold.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today we honor the late great Martin Luther King Jr. Truly a great man. A good person. A decent and kind and wise human being. It is tragic there are so few people like him.

Thank you MLK Jr for all you did and for the legacy you left behind. When I feel hopeless and full of despair I think of all the good you did and how you dedicated your life to doing the right thing. Your contributions and positive impact to the world are priceless.

Your commitment to the cause of equality and your willingness to endure hardship and persecution for the greater good is an example to all.

You fought tirelessly against injustice and did all you could to promote peace and nonviolence. Kind and selfless. A great man. May you RIP

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm really happy with the rechargeable LED candlesticks and tea lights I bought on Amazon. The candlesticks are wax, have a timer and are controlled by remote. They add a nice coziness to the house during this cold spell.

The one thing about very cold weather is that I tend to feel a bit claustrophobic since it is too cold to go outside for more than a short time. I cleaned out a few closets and cupboards and feel better about it now. I appreciate my house plants more since they add a nice touch of green during this time of year.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
After hearing about the recent surgery and hospitalization of Princess Catherine, I can't help but wonder: Is there any planned surgical procedure performed in the US that would get you up to 14 days of in-hospital care? Here, she'd probably be kicked out in 4 days max.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
After hearing about the recent surgery and hospitalization of Princess Catherine, I can't help but wonder: Is there any planned surgical procedure performed in the US that would get you up to 14 days of in-hospital care? Here, she'd probably be kicked out in 4 days max.

Someone asked me the same question! I couldn't provide a specific answer. (maybe a Whipple??)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone asked me the same question! I couldn't provide a specific answer. (maybe a Whipple??)

Well that would indicate something pretty serious. Andat least in the U.S. two weeks in the hospital would indicate something very serious.

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
I wasn’t really interested all that much about what specific procedure she had done, other than I hope everything goes well. It was more about being amazed at the length of care she is receiving vs the typical length of hospital care received in the states. And I’m not blaming medical professionals, because I know it is mostly dictated by insurance companies.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I love this little heater thing, I have it in the library because it gets so cold over in this corner of the house. It's perfect, tiny, and cheesily adorable.
20240111_164803.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_5973.jpeg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, obviously I don’t know what the family trips are all about. I just wanted to throw out the possibility that they may not be as mandatory as you think. This is coming from someone who always thought spending Christmas with certain people was mandatory, turns out that it’s not really.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On the way home from school yesterday, I told the kids I’m excited for my birthday coming up because I’m going to get an island.

So they of course were all excited thinking we will have an island we can vacation on etc. I’m looking at them and wondering if they for a moment forgot we aren’t the Kardashians and so I clarified:

No, a kitchen island

Younger son was all bummed, ”I thought you meant a palm tree island.” So I told him we will get a kitchen island and put a palm tree on it.

Boom!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, obviously I don’t know what the family trips are all about. I just wanted to throw out the possibility that they may not be as mandatory as you think. This is coming from someone who always thought spending Christmas with certain people was mandatory, turns out that it’s not really.

I have old parents in Florida, and the inevitable will happen. I dread the call that one of them is in the hospital.

I rue the day they left PA, where my sister lives, for sunnier climes.
They were younger then, and didn't give a thought about what would happen once they got in their upper 80s, down there in FL all alone....
They don't socialize.
They had one good friend, but mom ghosted her for being a non-believer!

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have old parents in Florida, and the inevitable will happen. I dread the call that one of them is in the hospital.

I rue the day they left PA, where my sister lives, for sunnier climes.
They were younger then, and didn't give a thought about what would happen once they got in their upper 80s, down there in FL all alone....
They don't socialize.
They had one good friend, but mom ghosted her for being a non-believer!

Oh gotcha, so that’s different than what I was dealing with obviously.

I forgot how religious your mom is, she doesn’t play around apparently.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results