shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gotcha, so that’s different than what I was dealing with obviously.

I forgot how religious your mom is, she doesn’t play around apparently.

I just don't want to have to deal with airports, connections, layovers, etc.
All those people crammed in that tiny plane with covid and other germs blowing around....I'd rather not put myself in that position.
I used to love traveling, but not anymore.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just don't want to have to deal with airports, connections, layovers, etc.
All those people crammed in that tiny plane with covid and other germs blowing around....I'd rather not put myself in that position.
I used to love traveling, but not anymore.

I don’t blame you at all. I do not fly, I flew a couple of times, last time was 14 years ago and it was so horrible I said never again!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"
Sometimes sitting in silence is the most loving and powerful thing of all. Shared tears. A warm embrace. A tender glance. Just love in its simplest and purest form. Being present.
Allowing someone to fall apart. There is a time and place for instilling mind over matter but this isn't it. Be in the moment and know how very raw this is. How absolutely foggy life feels. How unreal everything will be for quite some time. Words will have their turn but not so soon.
"

nothingatall.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night after dinner somehow I brought up how I used to go to the gym like everyday and workout for hours, this was like 12 years ago so……yeah

Anyways, younger son with this shocked look on his face goes:

”You used to go to the gym?!”

To the rhythm of the song “American Pie” I responded:

”A long long time ago, I can still remember when that treadmill used to make me run” :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last night after dinner somehow I brought up how I used to go to the gym like everyday and workout for hours, this was like 12 years ago so……yeah

Anyways, younger son with this shocked look on his face goes:

”You used to go to the gym?!”

To the rhythm of the song “American Pie” I responded:

”A long long time ago, I can still remember when that treadmill used to make me run” :lol:

I have never set foot in a gym. Am I missing anything good? It doesn't sound like fun!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never set foot in a gym. Am I missing anything good? It doesn't sound like fun!

At the time I really enjoyed it, I became friendly with all the employees and it was a Cheers kind of vibe. However you have to find a gym you a comfortable with And of course there is a monthly fee. At this point I much prefer going outside and taking a walk to being in a gym.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought a lovely tsav from Gemfix last year and spent a lot of time searching for inspiration settings and now have lot of pics of potential settings. It is still unset.
Yesterday I bought a tsav from Precision Gem to keep company with the unset oval so it won't be lonely :roll2:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that when it comes to the color of lab grown diamonds, I can't even trust the grading reports. There is no way that you can be sure that the color of the stone that you buy will be what the report says. You buy an F and there is tint. Grey tint, brown tint, blue tint, whatever tint.
This has never happened to me with earth grown diamonds...
I like the idea of LGD but I won't be buying any more of them. I'm so disappointed (end of rant.....).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that when it comes to the color of lab grown diamonds, I can't even trust the grading reports. There is no way that you can be sure that the color of the stone that you buy will be what the report says. You buy an F and there is tint. Grey tint, brown tint, blue tint, whatever tint.
I like the idea of LGD but I won't be buying any more of them. I'm so disappointed (end of rant.....).

I am sorry for your disappointing experience Naty. And I get how you are feeling. Something about lab grown still doesn't feel mind clean to me. (Maybe one day I will feel differently...I would love to because then I could get my big beautiful emerald cut diamond lol)
But glad this option exists for those who love their lab diamonds. Sending you gentle hugs

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I know you had an issue with a new stone you received. Can you remind me if it was a CVD or HPHT? I know each type has its
own issues. It stinks that reports (GIA/IGI) dont give sufficient details on the stones so that we can make better educated decisions.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

If—​

Launch Audio in a New Window
BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,

And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

‘Still I Rise’ – Maya Angelou

You may write me down in history
With your bitter, twisted lies,
You may trod me in the very dirt
But still, like dust, I’ll rise.

Does my sassiness upset you?
Why are you beset with gloom?
’Cause I walk like I’ve got oil wells
Pumping in my living room.

Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I’ll rise.

Did you want to see me broken?
Bowed head and lowered eyes?
Shoulders falling down like teardrops,
Weakened by my soulful cries?

Does my haughtiness offend you?
Don’t you take it awful hard
’Cause I laugh like I’ve got gold mines
Diggin’ in my own backyard.

You may shoot me with your words,
You may cut me with your eyes,
You may kill me with your hatefulness,
But still, like air, I’ll rise.

Does my sexiness upset you?
Does it come as a surprise
That I dance like I’ve got diamonds
At the meeting of my thighs?

Out of the huts of history’s shame
I rise
Up from a past that’s rooted in pain
I rise
I’m a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.

Leaving behind nights of terror and fear
I rise
Into a daybreak that’s wondrously clear
I rise
Bringing the gifts that my ancestors gave,
I am the dream and the hope of the slave.
I rise
I rise
I rise.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know you had an issue with a new stone you received. Can you remind me if it was a CVD or HPHT? I know each type has its
own issues. It stinks that reports (GIA/IGI) dont give sufficient details on the stones so that we can make better educated decisions.

It was a CVD.... Nevertheless, there are some similar problems with the HPHT ones too. Overall, buying a great LGD, based only on the online info and videos, is not easy at all.
My friend bought a pair of LGD for studs and even though their color is E, one of them has a blue nuance that didn't show in the video.
Very frustrating....

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Phew, had another little adventure, just now.

I wasn't really able to help much this time but I saw him, felt bad, and brought out a big shovel. I even got to gun his engine a bit that helped nothing and was the mildly chubby, helpful, but mostly useless middle aged supervisor. Poor guy slid right into a snowbank because they don't bother to plow until the snow is pretty much over, so until then, SOL, bub!
Another young guy going by stopped to help dig him out, they worked so hard, but he was stuck until I flagged down a sand truck that luckily came along. That second young guy placed enough sand for him to get out.

Then I got to trundle back home in my too big boots to go and finish a front path for DH/DD for tomorrow and shovel 6'' of heavy, wet snow off the back porch.

DH is going to be mad that I did some shoveling, but honestly, I need the exercise!

Who says we have no night life?!
Annnnd the power just went out. Oh, forget it, back on.
Seeeee, exciting stuff happening in Maine.:lol:
*Look, real snow!

Attachments

• 20240129_020442.jpg
    20240129_020442.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 42
  • 20240129_020607.jpg
    20240129_020607.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Earlier today, I had a flash-recall of a few seconds—of a dream last night where I was a passenger in a car, and wildly flipping the bird (middle-finger salute) to someone in another car. We were driving in circles around a parking lot. That's all I remember. :confused::lol::lol::lol: In "real life" (as in, when I'm awake in this physical world), I never flip the bird to anyone. :lol:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Earlier today, I had a flash-recall of a few seconds—of a dream last night where I was a passenger in a car, and wildly flipping the bird (middle-finger salute) to someone in another car. We were driving in circles around a parking lot. That's all I remember. :confused::lol::lol::lol: In "real life" (as in, when I'm awake in this physical world), I never flip the bird to anyone. :lol:

Hah! Sounds like you might want to though :lol:

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Hah! Sounds like you might want to though :lol:

Heh...I used to work in a very busy shop when I was first working. I used to honk at people, and on occasion would flip the bird if someone cut me off. After working at this place for not that long, I realized that a lot of people recognized me, so I moderated my behaviour. And it's stuck with me. :D In my head, however, I've thrown lightning bolts, shot cannons, dropped bombs, etc., on offending drivers. LOL!

ETA: Again, this was when I was young and more hotheaded. I tend to just let people be jacka$$es these days.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve just booked flights for our very first trip to Asia! First to Taiwan for a nephew’s wedding (his fiancée’s from Taiwan,) and then to Jakarta, Indonesia to meet my last remaining aunt and some other extended family, none of whom I’ve met before. I’m very excited for both parts of the trip!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’ve just booked flights for our very first trip to Asia! First to Taiwan for a nephew’s wedding (his fiancée’s from Taiwan,) and then to Jakarta, Indonesia to meet my last remaining aunt and some other extended family, none of whom I’ve met before. I’m very excited for both parts of the trip!

FABU! Have done this itinerary!!! So exciting (except for those tuk tuk rides.....scary!)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"WHEN YOU ARE OLD" - by William Butler Yeats

When you are old and grey and full of sleep,
And nodding by the fire, take down this book,
And slowly read, and dream of the soft look
Your eyes had once, and of their shadows deep;

How many loved your moments of glad grace,
And loved your beauty with love false or true,
But one man loved the pilgrim soul in you,
And loved the sorrows of your changing face;

And bending down beside the glowing bars,
Murmur, a little sadly, how Love fled
And paced upon the mountains overhead

And hid his face amid a crowd of stars.

(One of the last poems that W.B. Yeats wrote. Born 13 June 1865 – Died 28 January 1939)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The meaning of civilization

"
Years ago, anthropologist Margaret Mead was asked by a student what she considered to be the first sign of civilization in a culture. The student expected Mead to talk about fishhooks or clay pots or grinding stones.

But no. Mead said that the first sign of civilization in an ancient culture was a femur (thighbone) that had been broken and then healed. Mead explained that in the animal kingdom, if you break your leg, you die. You cannot run from danger, get to the river for a drink or hunt for food. You are meat for prowling beasts. No animal survives a broken leg long enough for the bone to heal.

A broken femur that has healed is evidence that someone has taken time to stay with the one who fell, has bound up the wound, has carried the person to safety and has tended the person through recovery.

Helping someone else through difficulty is where civilization starts, Mead said."

We are at our best when we serve others. Be civilized.
"

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Tay!:lol:
7a043d90bdb2dbe1cdb038e7ae438a15979c2f28507df1ae370a6c6188e25e04.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ENTIRE first page of Rocky Talky and half of the second is filled with spam threads. How annoying. I don't envy the mod's job in dealing with this crap.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Apparently the software program that runs our reality decreed that my name was to be Barbara and apparently there was a glitch in the matrix that caused me to be named something else. People call me Barbara. When I'm introduced as X, they say pleased to meet you Barbara. Whomever I'm introduced to immediately forgets my name and calls me Barbara. Robocalls address me as Barbara. People who've known me a long time call me Barbara. Maybe if I legally change my name to Barbara, people will start calling me by my birth name:think:

Last edited:

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Apparently the software program that runs our reality decreed that my name was to be Barbara and apparently there was a glitch in the matrix that caused me to be named something else. People call me Barbara. When I'm introduced as X, they say pleased to meet you Barbara. Whomever I'm introduced to immediately forgets my name and calls me Barbara. Robocalls address me as Barbara. People who've known me a long time call me Barbara. Maybe if I legally change my name to Barbara, people will start calling me by my birth name:think:

Lol. for the longest time, my husband was called Kevin (not his name) by many people. Always Kevin, and by people both familiar and unfamiliar to him. In time it became a running joke between us.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am apparently "Bonnie"! (Spoiler alert for those of you who do not know me IRL: My name is NOT Bonnie!) But I've gotten this so many times over the years I just answer to it now.

So... Hi Barbara, nice to meet you! I'm Bonnie!

:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am apparently "Bonnie"! (Spoiler alert for those of you who do not know me IRL: My name is NOT Bonnie!) But I've gotten this so many times over the years I just answer to it now.

So... Hi Barbara, nice to meet you! I'm Bonnie!

:lol:

And I am, apparently, Carol! Too funny.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can a Fit Bit count more than 350 million steps? I'm about to find out since I'm tempted to break a PS rule today re: verboten topics. Perhaps a long walk will keep me in the proper lane.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results