color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Insomnia aside...
This Sou'easter is weirding me out.
It's going to be 55 degrees tomorrow. Hard rain. In Maine, in December. It feels wrong. Spirit Baby and I are wearing the same expression.
Hope everybody is doing okay and staying safe down the 'board with the flooding. It's pretty hairy in some places.

It is very very windy and stormy here at the moment. Sounds scary outside and the rain is heavy. Stay safe everyone and let's hope the storm passes without hurting anyone and with minimal property damage

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Under the category of it never ends.. Our kitchen roof is leaking. Just fixed it in 2019. Went into the kitchen and water was on the floor and island in the same exact place as last time. Left message for roofer but doubtful we’ll hear back soon. During storms like this they’re super busy

jeaniefish

Shiny_Rock
Awww he is precious!!! Thank you so much for saving him!!! I am crying right now. I wish more people were like you. It is truly heartbreaking how so many think animals are disposable. And mistreat them. Animals are the best among us.
Thank you @jeaniefish ❤️

I prefer the company of animals to most people.

Thank you Missy. I feel the same way about most humans , but there are some great ones too( like you and all the other PS members) , and I know that we do what we can to help the animals. Hope the storm has subsided for everyone that is feeling Mother Nature’s fury. Fingers crossed that you don’t have too much damage to your roof. Mother Nature is large and in charge!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn’t meant to be preachy, it’s actually a pet peeve of mine when people act like they have all the answers.

I just wanted to share this as a reminder for anyone who needs to hear this. Especially at the holiday season, some folks sacrifice themselves to maintain the norm, so as not to rock the boat and cause upset. I am doing things differently this year and it’s going to cause a shake up of sorts. The difference this year is I’m prioritizing my own mental health over other people’s feelings. It is okay and allowed.

68262EB2-CA53-45C5-913F-40019E4233CC.jpeg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Food musings from our last road trip.

New foods I tried that I never need to try again:

Boiled peanuts - why?
Scrapple - though my hubby took a liking to it, so I may be subject to the smell again.

New foods I would seek out again:

Quail eggs. Soooo creamy.
Mini cucumbers. We saw these in a few places, do maybe they’re making their way to the West coast?
Northeast Potatoes - so much fresher, and better tasting, than what we’re used to.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love boiled peanuts! Grew up with them. Remind me of "home".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2023-12-23 at 6.31.44 AM.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Food musings from our last road trip.

New foods I tried that I never need to try again:

Boiled peanuts - why?
Scrapple - though my hubby took a liking to it, so I may be subject to the smell again.

New foods I would seek out again:

Quail eggs. Soooo creamy.
Mini cucumbers. We saw these in a few places, do maybe they’re making their way to the West coast?
Northeast Potatoes - so much fresher, and better tasting, than what we’re used to.

I had to google the peanut and scrapple thingies!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
littlethings.jpg

Back to using this thread as a diary, and I hope no one minds, but AllAboard's back to talk about her love life again.

Back in ~end 2022 I posted about how I had a quasi-relationship with a friend of mine who I had always been attracted to but the timing had never really worked out for us. It didn't last very long - maybe 6 weeks, and I ended it. Truth be told, I wasn't really ready for it at the time after my super-serious, almost-engaged relationship ended early 2022. I had been terrified that I would lose that friendship, but actually, we just became closer and closer after that initial period of staying away, and today I would say he's my closest friend and biggest support.

Well, on New Years Eve we ended up going out and talking and things just got really honest between us and we spoke and confessed that... well, we have feelings for each other. I never realised he feels the same way, because I thought I missed my chance. But... I feel like I've been given a second chance. And this time round I feel really ready for it, it feels right. Like this could be something... really special. We're taking it REALLY slow for now, trying to make sure that by going for this we won't mess up a friendship that is so important to us both, and no labels for now, not telling people in our lives just yet... but I am both cautiously optimistic and completely terrified.

And if it goes well... it's going to be an amazing 2024!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

@Rubies-R-Me I've tagged you in another thread (about diamond earrings)!!! Happy New Year lovely!!!! :wavey::wavey:

cheers--Sharon

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
20240107_143925.jpg
So, winter came by and dropped all her sh*t in my yard and someone is ready.
We also had a conversation that now that she's a grand dame, mem is going to be getting real carpet and nicer curtains that are actually the right length.
I'm not sure she was as receptive as I'd like.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Maybe you could dress your adorable little girl like Puffer Coat Snoopy , plus snow boots, of course. She is obviously a fashionista !

I want to get her a bodysuit that actually covers her legs for layering. We'll see what she does. She has two different pairs of boots, she hates them with a passion.:lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe you could dress your adorable little girl like Puffer Coat Snoopy , plus snow boots, of course. She is obviously a fashionista !

My Dogphew (adorable Boston) has a puffer coat! (actually quite the wardrobe--my sister keep him in style!!!)

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Dogphew (adorable Boston) has a puffer coat! (actually quite the wardrobe--my sister keep him in style!!!)

if she has a Boston Terrier and found a coat to fit, please get me the info on where she found it or who makes it. I have a Boston ( my 5th) and their barrel chests while still having somewhat smaller necks means they are hard to fit. I can't tell you how many coats, halters, etc. I've tried.
IMG_5183.jpg

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Lookinagain, I wish I could remember where I found this one for my furbaby. It‘s adjustable and has velco. She loves it.

IMG_1212.jpeg

She's adorable!
I need something like that. And it looks warm, which I need as I'm in New England and my guy hates the cold and wet. Much of what I find that fits him around the chest is either Larger or even XL and then they are too long for him, or the neck is so large even at it's smallest. If I could sew, I'd try to make him one.....but I don't.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you use booties for your dogs? I’ve never tried them and wondering if I should.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do any of you use booties for your dogs? I’ve never tried them and wondering if I should.

We tried them for both The Demon and his crazy brother Oscar many years ago since we walked them on the salty city sidewalks. The Demon was Having None Of It. NOPE. Oscar would let us put them on, and it was hilarious to watch him try to walk around in them, but eventually we gave up because he was so miserable. That being said, I know plenty of people who use them and their dogs don't seem to mind.

Do you want to do it because of the salt or the cold?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had non slip booties for Dottie when she got old, she didn’t particularly like them, but did get used to them.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We tried them for both The Demon and his crazy brother Oscar many years ago since we walked them on the salty city sidewalks. The Demon was Having None Of It. NOPE. Oscar would let us put them on, and it was hilarious to watch him try to walk around in them, but eventually we gave up because he was so miserable. That being said, I know plenty of people who use them and their dogs don't seem to mind.

Do you want to do it because of the salt or the cold?

Recently moved to a colder climate. Sand is used instead of salt. We’re rural and don’t have a sidewalk so pups feet are mostly on snow or ice instead of pavement. Do you have thoughts or a recommendation for boots or no boots?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results