shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have some serious sewing skills @Arcadian !! Great job!!

Thank you for saying that. I think sometimes you don't always appreciate a well made piece until its you doing the work (which goes for sewing, jewelry, whatever!)

and its hard to make the inside look just as beautiful (but it is!!)

@MamaBee Thank you so much. 1st of 4 jackets this year.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I'm impressed @Arcadian ! So pretty!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't think of where this may go, but this
20211114_165531.jpg

is now this
20220103_233329.jpg

5 days of cutting and marking (and resting)
5 days of sewing. There were a few of those where I was still sewing at 4am (I'm apparently a glutton for punishment).
39 pieces of fabric and untold miles of thread
But its done.

Gorgeous! You did beautiful work.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This may be a very snowy winter. We already had 12+ inches with a good 4-6" still on the ground after a couple of warmer days with rain. Now this is coming between tonight and Thursday.... Screenshot_20220104-103757~2.png

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was paying for something--and my DS asked why my wallet (Classic Hermes Kelly) was in its sleeper bag (in my purse). I said, bc it is this brand/keep it nice. He googled it and said, "I wish you hadn't told me that". I burst out laughing. LOL.

cheers Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I was paying for something--and my DS asked why my wallet (Classic Hermes Kelly) was in its sleeper bag (in my purse). I said, bc it is this brand/keep it nice. He googled it and said, "I wish you hadn't told me that". I burst out laughing. LOL.

cheers Sharon

This made me LOL @canuk-gal.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20211114_165531.jpg

is now this
20220103_233329.jpg

Look at all those beautifully, incredibly matched seams and motifs!

Did you draft your own pattern?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I changed my user name for privacy reasons .

Aww I hope everything is OK. ((((Hugs)))). I figured out who you are thank goodness. Usually I am stumped. Anyway big hugs. You have gone through so much and I am wishing for you joy and peace and good health for all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
20211114_165531.jpg

is now this
20220103_233329.jpg

5 days of sewing. There were a few of those where I was still sewing at 4am (I'm apparently a glutton for punishment).
But its done.

Wow this is just beautiful. You are so talented. Thank you for sharing. :kiss2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww I hope everything is OK. ((((Hugs)))). I figured out who you are thank goodness. Usually I am stumped. Anyway big hugs. You have gone through so much and I am wishing for you joy and peace and good health for all.

Thank you Missy! You're so sweet!!! It's complicated ATM. But I'm a -OK and my nuclear family is as well and that's all that really counts!! This weekend I thought of you. I LOVE my DH and family and I sat back for a moment of gratitude and you and Greg came to mind I'm so happy that there's still love and stable relationships and empathy in this world! Big hugs

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20211114_165531.jpg

is now this
20220103_233329.jpg

But its done.

Wow! I knew you were talented @Arcadian when you posted the pictures of the masks you made….. but this a whole never level of talent. It’s beautiful!!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

cheers Sharon

@canuk-gal.. :lol: Mine isn’t in the same league but I have a crossbody LV. I would carry a plastic bag in it in case it rained. Then I would pull it out and put my purse in it. I got some strange looks but I didn’t care! I still have that purse. It’s not pristine anymore but I’m fine with that now. :lol:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look at all those beautifully, incredibly matched seams and motifs!

Did you draft your own pattern?

LOL I'm not that good! I have not yet drafted my own sloper. I keep saying I will but just haven't had the time to really sit and do it correctly.

The pattern is Simplicity S8845. In terms of easy to advanced, this is probably intermediate because of the sheer amount of pieces (well over 20) and the inconsistencies and assumptions of skill that you need to have. A beginner will have a lot of problems with it. I'm just good enough that I could understand most of what needed to be done without the instructions, but some things where hard to do.

I'm super finicky about both inside and outside construction so seams that I didn't flat fell, I used my overlocker on. For this project I use crayola washable markers pretty much everywhere I can when I sew to make notes to myself and transfer the pattern markings.
20220103_212313.jpg

20220103_212631.jpg

20220103_232850.jpg
20220103_212726.jpg

I'm thankful I was able to upgrade my machine as this thing was not only a bit unweldly to move around but it was actually heavy!!

I'm currently reading the instructions of the next jacket... :oops2: will be even harder than this one!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! I knew you were talented @Arcadian when you posted the pictures of the masks you made….. but this a whole never level of talent. It’s beautiful!!!

Thank you! My motto is if I going to wear it and I'm putting the time in, it had better look damn good and it does mean you have to put the time in. So far, happy with the wardrobe I'm building and I'm making myself NOT choose black as my primary base! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone else wrote this but it resonated strongly with me because something similar (but not exactly the same) happened to me. And I learned a valuable lesson and walked away without them in my life. When people show me who they are now I listen. I pay attention and I listen.Thank you to that person who showed me who she was. It took a few years but it was a valuable lesson. I am better off for having gone through that.

"
My Mom once told me that she walked into a room where a couple of friends were discussing her, they didn’t know she was there. She shook her head, smiled and walked away.
My Mom also told me that she had a friend who talked bad about her, she never knew that Mom found out, Mom never mentioned it. She smiled and walked away from this friendship.
She told me she had family who chose to shift her out of their life because she stood up for herself for a change. And because she stopped crossing oceans for them when they would not even help her cross a bridge. She smiled, shook her head and walked away.
So I asked her how she could just walk away from people that betrayed her while pretending to be her friends or family.
She answered that every time she came to a crossroad like that, she had to decide who will be going forward on her journey with her. This showed her who she cannot take along with her.
So she explained to me that you should never get mad at a person who betrays you, even in the name of friendship or family. Just gracefully bow out and enjoy your journey with all the new people you’ll meet along the way.~
"

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone else wrote this but it resonated strongly with me because something similar (but not exactly the same) happened to me. And I learned a valuable lesson and walked away without them in my life. When people show me who they are now I listen. I pay attention and I listen.Thank you to that person who showed me who she was. It took a few years but it was a valuable lesson. I am better off for having gone through that.

"
My Mom once told me that she walked into a room where a couple of friends were discussing her, they didn’t know she was there. She shook her head, smiled and walked away.
My Mom also told me that she had a friend who talked bad about her, she never knew that Mom found out, Mom never mentioned it. She smiled and walked away from this friendship.
She told me she had family who chose to shift her out of their life because she stood up for herself for a change. And because she stopped crossing oceans for them when they would not even help her cross a bridge. She smiled, shook her head and walked away.
So I asked her how she could just walk away from people that betrayed her while pretending to be her friends or family.
She answered that every time she came to a crossroad like that, she had to decide who will be going forward on her journey with her. This showed her who she cannot take along with her.
So she explained to me that you should never get mad at a person who betrays you, even in the name of friendship or family. Just gracefully bow out and enjoy your journey with all the new people you’ll meet along the way.~
"

@missy I’m so sorry that happened to you..but it’s their loss not yours.
I’ve had the same experience that the woman’s mom had. The bad part was it was from two members of my own family. These are people that I have helped so many times. I couldn’t cut them out of my life..but I let them know that if I had any idea that it happened again there would be consequences they wouldn’t like.. One I have to take care of so I can look myself in the mirror every morning. The other one I’ve made drastic changes to how much I will tolerate. I have not forgiven them..I’ve pushed it down and moved on. I wish I could forgive them but it was so hurtful I can’t do it.
I also had one friend I had to cut out. It was painful but the best decision. People make the mistake of underestimating me because I’m “nice”. If someone does something to me that’s hurtful..but are truly sorry I may forgive them. It depends. At this age I don’t have the time or energy to put up with nonsense.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Anyone watching "Only Murders in the Building"? Very charming and funny.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I have often thought about this quote: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time".

I understand the point, but I would hate to be judged forever by my worst mistake instead of my greatest achievement. To me, this feels like an impossible standard.

Of course, when there's a pattern of bad behavior, that is something entirely different. Toxic people should be ejected from one's life as soon as possible, or relegated to the margins, if ejection is impossible. But it's the phrase, the first time, that troubles me.

I hope that the next time I make a mistake or lash out in pain or anger, which I am sure I will do some time or other before I shuffle off this mortal coil, my friends will forgive me. I hope they don't decide in the moment that I've just shown them who I am. That would be heartbreaking.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have often thought about this quote: "When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time".

I understand the point, but I would hate to be judged forever by my worst mistake instead of my greatest achievement. To me, this feels like an impossible standard.

Of course, when there's a pattern of bad behavior, that is something entirely different. Toxic people should be ejected from one's life as soon as possible, or relegated to the margins, if ejection is impossible. But it's the phrase, the first time, that troubles me.

I hope that the next time I make a mistake or lash out in pain or anger, which I am sure I will do some time or other before I shuffle off this mortal coil, my friends will forgive me. I hope they don't decide in the moment that I've just shown them who I am. That would be heartbreaking.

I completely agree. It’s all about listening to who a person is showing you to be and that is dependent on more than one thing.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

WHY OH WHY?????

I promised myself I wouldn't wreck it. That I would change my practice of high heat cooking. BOOHOO my beloved Scan Pan is ruined. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :(sad :roll:

cheers--Sharon

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry about your pan. I looked up Scan Pans. Not cheap! What a bummer. Looks like they're having a sale, though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry about your pan. I looked up Scan Pans. Not cheap! What a bummer. Looks like they're having a sale, though.

Thank you. I love good cookware--I got them 20% off at WS but yes, still not inexpensive. I will get another large skillet--and remake the promise to myself!! LOL

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone else wrote this but it resonated strongly with me

I think this is a good rule in general and I can see if this happens once or twice. The person in this quote repeatedly overhears terrible things being said about her and is repeatedly disappointed by relatives failing to make an effort to visit her. As an impartial observer, I am less inclined to think that she is a noble taker of the high road than a person who might benefit from some insight into why this keeps happening.

I don't think there is a person I am close to about whom I have not said something unflattering or unkind and I don't think there is a person in the world whom I like or love who has not said something unflattering (or worse) about me. Spouse and I have called each other (almost) every name in the book. Life would be pretty lonely if we forever judged every relationship by the worst thing any of us have ever said.

I feel fortunate that I just don't have that long a memory for these sorts of things. (Or, increasingly, any sorts of things :P2)

(Abuse is something else entirely, of course.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think this is a good rule in general and I can see if this happens once or twice. The person in this quote repeatedly overhears terrible things being said about her and is repeatedly disappointed by relatives failing to make an effort to visit her. As an impartial observer, I am less inclined to think that she is a noble taker of the high road than a person who might benefit from some insight into why this keeps happening.

I don't think there is a person I am close to about whom I have not said something unflattering or unkind and I don't think there is a person in the world whom I like or love who has not said something unflattering (or worse) about me. Spouse and I have called each other (almost) every name in the book. Life would be pretty lonely if we forever judged every relationship by the worst thing any of us have ever said.

I feel fortunate that I just don't have that long a memory for these sorts of things. (Or, increasingly, any sorts of things :P2)

(Abuse is something else entirely, of course.)

Yes of course. But we are comparing apples to soup if you kwim. I am not talking about harmless actions but those that are (or border on) abusive.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, Valentine's Dinner was delicious.

Yes, it was wonderful to have a GIANT meatball and a bunch of sauce left over.

NO, Dee, you did NOT have to eat the ENTIRE THING for breakfast!

Ugh. My belly... Gurgle... Gurgle...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes of course. But we are comparing apples to soup if you kwim. I am not talking about harmless actions but those that are (or border on) abusive.

I agree!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results