shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy early Birthday! I don’t know where you live but we’ve had some warm days..Maybe you’ll get to eat outside…Fingers crossed!

Thank you! Western WA is tough this time of year. Either very cold or very wet. Sometimes both. Sometimes sunny. Won't really know until the day of. Currently about 20 degrees. Was more than 60 a few days in the last week or so...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You aren’t alone @MamaBee. Our positivity rates are really low this week. I really miss going out to dinner and eating in restaurants. I need to just go do it. My husband has been ready the past couple of weeks and keeps telling me it’s time.

I got an antibody test the other day.. The results show I have a very high antibody count. It made me less fearful of walking into my mom’s nursing home. I know there’s a lot of other factors concerning immunity to Covid…but it was reassuring to me..I’m still not ready to go into a crowded restaurant…but may do the outside restaurants as soon as it warms up. Maybe you can get a test done?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
"You can't wait til life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"

RIP Nightbirdie. You were a beautiful soul. Wise beyond your years. Gone too soon. :cry:

This is just so sad. She was a beautiful soul.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Western WA is tough this time of year. Either very cold or very wet. Sometimes both. Sometimes sunny. Won't really know until the day of. Currently about 20 degrees. Was more than 60 a few days in the last week or so...

We have the same weather here in Pa..Do two birthday lunches or dinners. Do one on your birthday in the car if it’s crummy out. On the next sunny day do it again but outside! You deserve two birthday meals!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's OK @TooPatient. Remember there will be other birthdays and by staying safe now you ensure that fact. One day at a time. Next year will be a better time to have a birthday celebration. Mark my words. Fingers and toes crossed. XOXO.

It is almost funny. Next year will probably not be better. It usually isn't. Life just works that way :lol:

2021: only special celebration was a custom cake. Baker got COVID a few days prior so no cake.
2020: both of us sick with COVID
2019: I was sick

Almost every year one of us is badly sick. Been a couple of years I had bronchitis, a year DH had pneumonia, one year we both had pneumonia, one year was whooping cough. Lots of years of too sick to get out of bed but not actually diagnosed. Or maybe diagnosed but just more of the same? I think we have been healthy enough to even have dinner at home maybe 1/3 of the years? Many of those hit with craziness. Started my 30th birthday standing in the emergency room getting my little brother picked up. Had no idea what happened until I was there... turned out he drank until he was found unconscious. Drove his disgusting (empty beer cans and pee filled bottles) car to where he was living at the time only to find my mother's reaction had been to get falling down drunk after 10+ years sober. A couple of others were dealing with the courts for custody of my stepdaughter.
You name it, it happens. I laugh now and enjoy all the rest of the days. Birthdays just don't seem to be my thing!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is almost funny. Next year will probably not be better. It usually isn't. Life just works that way :lol:

2021: only special celebration was a custom cake. Baker got COVID a few days prior so no cake.
2020: both of us sick with COVID
2019: I was sick

Almost every year one of us is badly sick. Been a couple of years I had bronchitis, a year DH had pneumonia, one year we both had pneumonia, one year was whooping cough. Lots of years of too sick to get out of bed but not actually diagnosed. Or maybe diagnosed but just more of the same? I think we have been healthy enough to even have dinner at home maybe 1/3 of the years? Many of those hit with craziness. Started my 30th birthday standing in the emergency room getting my little brother picked up. Had no idea what happened until I was there... turned out he drank until he was found unconscious. Drove his disgusting (empty beer cans and pee filled bottles) car to where he was living at the time only to find my mother's reaction had been to get falling down drunk after 10+ years sober. A couple of others were dealing with the courts for custody of my stepdaughter.
You name it, it happens. I laugh now and enjoy all the rest of the days. Birthdays just don't seem to be my thing!

The fact that you are still have a sense of humor after dealing with all that says a lot about you.
I have lots of family drama too.…but life as wonderful as it is..still stinks sometimes..
I hope you get to have a better birthday this year! ❤️

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adult life milestone? I just ordered a brand new mattress! Been sleeping on the one I bought from my grandfather since I bought it used from him in 2004. A bit bittersweet as I still find it comfortable, but DH is uncomfortable at night.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds can be hazardous to one's health. Driving to the grocery store this morning a ray of sun hit one of MrsB's facets shooting an arc of fire into my left eye and temporarily blinding me.

So I debated about posting this because I try to not post much about my actual life, just my “bling thoughts”. And I really don’t want sympathy or to talk about it.

My SO - can I even call him that anymore? - and I are calling it quits. It’s been coming on for a while and it’s no one’s fault. We had a long, difficult, frank conversation recently and realised that despite getting an e-ring made (with an heirloom stone, thankfully, so no crazy expense) and vague plans of the future - it’s not working. Wedding talk is a bandaid. I was looking through my old posts recently and I realised, wow, I never let on that there are issues. Ever. I’ve made it sound so perfect, and it’s not.

So yeah. I’m single again, late 20s.

Not sure how to feel.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I debated about posting this because I try to not post much about my actual life, just my “bling thoughts”. And I really don’t want sympathy or to talk about it.

My SO - can I even call him that anymore? - and I are calling it quits. It’s been coming on for a while and it’s no one’s fault. We had a long, difficult, frank conversation recently and realised that despite getting an e-ring made (with an heirloom stone, thankfully, so no crazy expense) and vague plans of the future - it’s not working. Wedding talk is a bandaid. I was looking through my old posts recently and I realised, wow, I never let on that there are issues. Ever. I’ve made it sound so perfect, and it’s not.

Not sure how to feel.

I'm sorry. I know it must be hard, but better to figure it out now, rather than later. And you will meet the right person someday if you want to. Give it some time and you will feel better and know that it was the right thing to do.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diamonds can be hazardous to one's health. Driving to the grocery store this morning a ray of sun hit one of MrsB's facets shooting an arc of fire into my left eye and temporarily blinding me.

I’m glad the blinding was only temporary @Matata.

LOL. We warned you to be VERY careful while driving when you got MrsB. She should have come with a warning. “Do not drive or operate heavy machinery while wearing this ring. Place ring on finger after exiting the vehicle”

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not sure how to feel.

I am very sorry but as @Lookinagain wisely wrote better you know now. It wasn't meant to be and your person is out there. And I promise you when you look back on this difficult time you will realize how this was the best thing that could have happened. You will not only be OK you will thrive. And you will find the person you were meant to be with in time. In the meantime allow yourself to grieve and feel sad for as long as you need to. Gentle ((((hugs)))).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The broiler element stopped working in my oven.
I ordered a replacement part and my darling DH installed it for me last night!
He is very mechanically inclined and can fix anything. I don't know what I would do without him!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Not sure how to feel.

(((Hugs)))

You're such a sweet and wonderful person, generous to share your bling and also your wonderful Indian culture. I'm sending a lot of positive vibes your way. Take care of yourself and I'm sure everything will fall into place eventually. Let your feelings out though... You wrote you're not sure how to feel. I think that's step one. I'm sure you'll live through some pretty strong feelings in the coming weeks/ months... We are here to listen and cheer you up (or commiserate, whatever you prefer)!

(((Hugs)))

You're such a sweet and wonderful person, generous to share your bling and also your wonderful Indian culture. I'm sending a lot of positive vibes your way. Take care of yourself and I'm sure everything will fall into place eventually. Let your feelings out though... You wrote you're not sure how to feel. I think that's step one. I'm sure you'll live through some pretty strong feelings in the coming weeks/ months... We are here to listen and cheer you up (or commiserate, whatever you prefer)!

Thank you ((hugs)). I’m doing relatively alright. Been talking to a lot of people in my life. PS is my escape so I don’t want to talk about it here… this is where I go to distract myself with pretty things. I don’t even know why I posted this… I probably wouldn’t have, but I discussed the ring here so much I figured the relationship was public on here, to the people who recognise me.

Is it weird to be relieved that it was an heirloom ring from his side of the family, so I never have to look at it AND no one spent much of anything on it so I don’t have to be guilty about it?

But anyway, it’s been over a week, so the shock has settled. I’m alright. I’m sure I won’t be alright at some point, but for now it’s alright. I’m… okay. I think there was a reason we both dragged our feet on getting engaged for so long. And the reason was that we both knew this was coming.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you ((hugs)). I’m doing relatively alright. Been talking to a lot of people in my life. PS is my escape so I don’t want to talk about it here… this is where I go to distract myself with pretty things. I don’t even know why I posted this… I probably wouldn’t have, but I discussed the ring here so much I figured the relationship was public on here, to the people who recognise me.

Is it weird to be relieved that it was an heirloom ring from his side of the family, so I never have to look at it AND no one spent much of anything on it so I don’t have to be guilty about it?

But anyway, it’s been over a week, so the shock has settled. I’m alright. I’m sure I won’t be alright at some point, but for now it’s alright. I’m… okay. I think there was a reason we both dragged our feet on getting engaged for so long. And the reason was that we both knew this was coming.

I don't think it's weird to be relieved about the ring. I think it's natural to look for even the smallest silver lining.

I know you don't want to dwell on this here, so here are some star pendants because stars symbolize high hopes for the future.

I don't think it's weird to be relieved about the ring. I think it's natural to look for even the smallest silver lining.

I know you don't want to dwell on this here, so here are some star pendants because stars symbolize high hopes for the future.

I love that! Maybe I’ll get a star something… not soon though. I spontaneously bought myself a small (like, <1ctw) cluster ring because I love flowers and it’s my reminder that I don’t need no man to buy them for me!

I also spontaneously bought a handbag. And then spontaneously bought two pairs of expensive shoes. So perhaps I need to stop retail therapy and start actual therapy :oops::lol:

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I love that! Maybe I’ll get a star something… not soon though. I spontaneously bought myself a small (like, <1ctw) cluster ring because I love flowers and it’s my reminder that I don’t need no man to buy them for me!

I also spontaneously bought a handbag. And then spontaneously bought two pairs of expensive shoes. So perhaps I need to stop retail therapy and start actual therapy :oops::lol:

I love actual therapy. It's such a delightful indulgence.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your popcorn-loving hubby discovers a variety of gourmet popcorn that he really, really likes…

6247FE1B-06F5-4B55-B5B8-842B80E96B46.jpeg

Attachments

• E0E51B00-B43E-4AB8-BA5F-1ECDF031B96C.jpeg
    E0E51B00-B43E-4AB8-BA5F-1ECDF031B96C.jpeg
    276.5 KB · Views: 8

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium

So happy to hear you are doing better. Life is short we must find joy in people and activities that feed our soul. Its good you both amicably were mature enough to know now and not later. Keep healing.
Since your stone was an heirloom, is there a reset to anticipated soon?!?!

So happy to hear you are doing better. Life is short we must find joy in people and activities that feed our soul. Its good you both amicably were mature enough to know now and not later. Keep healing.
Since your stone was an heirloom, is there a reset to anticipated soon?!?!

It was an heirloom on his side, so that’s something I wouldnt know about. I would hope that he keeps the setting as-is though - it was a really lovely setting. I’m sure he’d reset it if he gives it to another woman as an e-ring. But if a family member keeps it, I hope they keep the setting the way it is. I designed it, so I’m emotionally attached to that setting. It would honestly hurt me to see that setting be melted. I almost feel tempted to buy the setting from him and put a coloured stone in it but I don’t want him to be a) wildly offended; b) obligated to give it to me; c) completely mindf***ed every time I look at it even if I get it.

Like, I remember posting on here some time ago about having seen the dress I want to wear for my wedding reception and almost buying it so much in advance. And now the idea of wearing it makes my skin crawl. I’m so glad I didn’t buy it.

It still doesn’t feel real, somehow. I feel crazily, wildly sad sometimes and then I buy things to make me happy (lol) and then I sink back into numbness. I bought a bracelet recently too. But it’s a new month now and I have vowed to not spend more money because it’s just a bandaid.

Sorry. I’m rambling. I don’t know why I can’t stop :silenced:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be good to yourself @AllAboardTheBlingTrain . I’m sorry you are going thru this. It’s going to take some time to adjust and feel like yourself again. You are going thru a really difficult time. Give yourself lots of credit for figuring this out when you did. It really is huge.

There have probably been times in all of our lives were we bought something hoping it will make us feel better only to realize it was just a bandaid. I remember a few months in my life when if buying the dress was going to make me feel better for 10 minutes, then buying the dress was worth it. Sometimes we need a bandaid.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
It was an heirloom on his side, so that’s something I wouldnt know about. I would hope that he keeps the setting as-is though - it was a really lovely setting. I’m sure he’d reset it if he gives it to another woman as an e-ring. But if a family member keeps it, I hope they keep the setting the way it is. I designed it, so I’m emotionally attached to that setting. It would honestly hurt me to see that setting be melted. I almost feel tempted to buy the setting from him and put a coloured stone in it but I don’t want him to be a) wildly offended; b) obligated to give it to me; c) completely mindf***ed every time I look at it even if I get it.

Like, I remember posting on here some time ago about having seen the dress I want to wear for my wedding reception and almost buying it so much in advance. And now the idea of wearing it makes my skin crawl. I’m so glad I didn’t buy it.

It still doesn’t feel real, somehow. I feel crazily, wildly sad sometimes and then I buy things to make me happy (lol) and then I sink back into numbness. I bought a bracelet recently too. But it’s a new month now and I have vowed to not spend more money because it’s just a bandaid.

Sorry. I’m rambling. I don’t know why I can’t stop :silenced:

So sorry to hear this. I'm sure you already know that you dodged a bullet there and that it's far better in the long run to end it and start over again when it's just not a good enough "forever" match for one reason or another. But of course that knowledge is not all that helpful in the short run.

Also, I wish we had more choice of reply emojis. I meant a vote of sympathy with the thumbs up but it could come across wrong!

Last edited:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your popcorn-loving hubby discovers a variety of gourmet popcorn that he really, really likes…

6247FE1B-06F5-4B55-B5B8-842B80E96B46.jpeg

OMG! This is my favorite popcorn too!!! I don't buy that much at a time, more like two 6lb bags at a time. Eat it nearly every day. Your DH has good *literal* taste!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love where we live! This photo was taken by another woman who was driving home at the same time I was. She was able to get a photo (dash cam maybe?), lucky her! There were several rainbows that evening as I drove home. So beautiful!
img_1_1646363509093.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG! This is my favorite popcorn too!!! I don't buy that much at a time, more like two 6lb bags at a time. Eat it nearly every day. Your DH has good *literal* taste!

Is it the purple that you like?

Early last year I happened to find a ten-variety sampler pack on sale in a local gourmet Grocery store - I think they’d stocked them for the holidays. Knowing how my hubby loves popcorn, I couldn’t resist buying it! We both have a science background do we couldn’t resist rating the varieties as we tried them… and we both agreed that the purple was our favorite. We’ve ordered smaller packages a few times since then. I figure we go through about two pounds per month, so… a 25/pound bag seemed like the way to go this time.

We gave out 36 variety packs to friends and family for Christmas last year along with a ratings sheet - LOL! We’ve only heard back from five people so far- one family that popped up sample of all ten varieties for their holiday get-together. They all chose different favorites, none of them the purple. But another family let us know that they’re almost through with their comparison, and purple is on the lead thus far!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH said today, "I hate it when the cat has static cling!"
He was brushing the cat, who is a med/long hair, and he really does get static cling in his fur!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it the purple that you like?

Early last year I happened to find a ten-variety sampler pack on sale in a local gourmet Grocery store - I think they’d stocked them for the holidays. Knowing how my hubby loves popcorn, I couldn’t resist buying it! We both have a science background do we couldn’t resist rating the varieties as we tried them… and we both agreed that the purple was our favorite. We’ve ordered smaller packages a few times since then. I figure we go through about two pounds per month, so… a 25/pound bag seemed like the way to go this time.

We gave out 36 variety packs to friends and family for Christmas last year along with a ratings sheet - LOL! We’ve only heard back from five people so far- one family that popped up sample of all ten varieties for their holiday get-together. They all chose different favorites, none of them the purple. But another family let us know that they’re almost through with their comparison, and purple is on the lead thus far!

I was trying to see what variety your DH had prior to posting... I didn't pick up on the color coding. The kind I like is Orange - Baby White. I suspect I have some gut sensitivity to popcorns, so I look for something with less/softer hulls. I started with Tiny But Mighty... however somewhere along the way this was recommended and the taste was insanely good! I had no idea popcorn could have such discernible differences in taste, but Amish Country showed me otherwise.

I have not tried other varieties. Maybe I will now!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except for the bat, I had a very nice birthday. DH took the day before my birthday off so we could have breakfast out (well, in the car away from everyone but still a treat) then go to a chocolate store I like. Then we went and did a wine tasting outside at my favorite winery. He baked a really chocolate cake for my on my birthday and made sure he did two so we could bring one to share with my grandparents today! They turned out delicious and even got praise from my grandmother who is a bit too honest with food reviews and was a baker for 40+ years so will call out every last flaw :lol: . My mom told me to plan on it cooking today (I always cook for my grandparents in Sunday) since she was getting pizza from my favorite pizza place for my birthday. She took my grandparents to a local nursery to pick out a rose for me to plant in my garden too.

Just when I figure he can't get it right, he surprises me. Nothing fancy. Just a bit of time together and noticing what I would enjoy. Oh, and getting to plant my tomato seeds while smelling chocolate cake baking was definitely fun!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results