shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes of course. But we are comparing apples to soup if you kwim. I am not talking about harmless actions but those that are (or border on) abusive.

I was just reading and responding to the quote in your post so I guess I do not known what you mean. I did not see any evidence of abuse there. Just someone who walks away from relationship after (imperfect) relationship.

I think the happiest and best-adjusted people do not live or die by the idle words of others.

But it is your post/thread -- sorry to intrude!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was just reading and responding to the quote in your post so I guess I do not known what you mean. I did not see any evidence of abuse there. Just someone who walks away from relationship after (imperfect) relationship.

I think the happiest and best-adjusted people do not live or die by the idle words of others.

But it is your post/thread -- sorry to intrude!

Aww no worries. Feel free to intrude @LilAlex. I was talking about an abusive relationship I was in with a person who I thought was my friend. My lesson in all that was actions speak louder than words and all the while she was professing to be my dearest friend she couldn't have been a worse one. My compassion and empathy temporarily blinded me to this and I still always give the benefit of the doubt. But I am wiser now.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just want to ask if there is a thread where people can share links to the work and services of independent jewelry makers. I’m hoping to find any existing “post” on PS, or to build, a post that compiles where someone can peruse jewelers’ work, and to get custom settings made (looking for all price points). Looking for beyond the PS favorites, to trusted or interesting new businesses.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Job interview today - thought it went well, until five minutes afterward when I began to lose confidence and started second-guessing everything I'd said, sure that I must have come across like an abject fool. I probably shot myself in the foot several times.

Maybe I only came across as quirky, not idiotic.

Maybe the shortage of available applicants will be my saving grace and they won't be able to find anyone else, and then I'll have a chance.

Low self esteem sucks. I'm not even desperate, I just would have liked that job. But the sharp sensation in my stomach tells me it isn't going to happen.

Feels bad.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Job interview today - thought it went well, until five minutes afterward when I began to lose confidence and started second-guessing everything I'd said, sure that I must have come across like an abject fool. I probably shot myself in the foot several times.

Maybe the shortage of available applicants will be my saving grace and they won't be able to find anyone else, and then I'll have a chance.

Low self esteem sucks. I'm not even desperate, I just would have liked that job. But the sharp sensation in my stomach tells me it isn't going to happen.

Feels bad.

Stop thinking that cr*p right now girly!
Put that negativity right out of your mind
As the applicant it is not your job to find fault with yourself !
Quirky is good in the work place !

Now just take a few slow breaths and lets hope they loved you and your quirkiness

There are certainly more jobs out there than ive seen for several years (is it the vax mandate ?)

You stand an excellent chance of getting this one

and remember if you only get short listed sometimes their first choice doesn't work out ...

And every single interview is good practice

Now we all have our fingers (thumbs if anything is Swedish) and toes crossed for you

you can do this !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is surely true!

Thanks @Daisys and Diamonds you're a pal.

You are my inspiration today to send off about 6 applications
51nyljC4+gL._AC_.jpg
ive honestly in my entire working life never seen so many vacancies i could conceivably actually do (and that doesn't include things like entry level supermarket work)
My computer skills are rough though
ive always been able to do just enough to do my job and that's about all

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
51nyljC4+gL._AC_.jpg
ive honestly in my entire working life never seen so many vacancies i could conceivably actually do (and that doesn't include things like entry level supermarket work)

Good luck! Go get 'em

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck. I hope you get the job and please don't be so down on yourself. There is really no such thing as a perfect interview.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband told me I’m overly cautious during Covid. He wants to invite people over..go to restaurants, etc. I’m not comfortable yet.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Feels bad.

I'm SURE it was fine! Don't forget to email over a thank you note with your interest and appreciation! (sorry I'm a recruiter and can't help myself lol)

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
I'm SURE it was fine! Don't forget to email over a thank you note with your interest and appreciation! (sorry I'm a recruiter and can't help myself lol)

Thank you - I emailed her right away with a thank you for her time and how nice it was to meet her.

Incidentally, since you're a recruiter, can you give your opinion of whether resume writing businesses/consultants are worth paying? I need to update my resume and it makes me so uncomfortable, I have been procrastinating. I find it difficult to handle.

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you - I emailed her right away with a thank you for her time and how nice it was to meet her.

Incidentally, since you're a recruiter, can you give your opinion of whether resume writing businesses/consultants are worth paying? I need to update my resume and it makes me so uncomfortable, I have been procrastinating. I find it difficult to handle.

Perfect! And the answer to your question is... it depends. If you have extensive work experience, it can help. If your resume is pretty simple, I wouldn't waste your money! I've seen some really crappy resume services. If you can't find the motivation to do it, i would ask around and get references.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband told me I’m overly cautious during Covid. He wants to invite people over..go to restaurants, etc. I’m not comfortable yet.

You aren’t alone @MamaBee. Our positivity rates are really low this week. I really miss going out to dinner and eating in restaurants. I need to just go do it. My husband has been ready the past couple of weeks and keeps telling me it’s time.

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

DH and I take turns being the cautious one. Luckily it has been alternating so we talk each other out of doing anything that could make us sick. :lol:
My birthday is in a few weeks and it looks like we'll either eat take out in the car or reheat take out at home. Weather is miserable so not even able to do an outside picnic or anything.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so grateful Greg is happy to do whatever I feel comfortable doing. He says (and I agree) I am more cautious than most. In fact his exact words are my risk tolerance is much lower than other people's risk tolerance. But nonetheless he wants me to feel safe and comfortable and to that end we do not go out to eat or meet people inside etc. We go to medical appointments and food shopping and do only what we feel is necessary. And I am good with that. And luckily so is my husband. Despite the fact that I know he would enjoy getting together with some of our friends. As soon as the weather is nicer and we can gather outdoors that is what we shall do.

Stay true to what makes you feel safe Joanne. Do not give in to pressure. Do what you feel comfortable doing. Hang in there. IMO there is an end in sight. There really is. I hope. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I take turns being the cautious one. Luckily it has been alternating so we talk each other out of doing anything that could make us sick. :lol:
My birthday is in a few weeks and it looks like we'll either eat take out in the car or reheat take out at home. Weather is miserable so not even able to do an outside picnic or anything.

It's OK @TooPatient. Remember there will be other birthdays and by staying safe now you ensure that fact. One day at a time. Next year will be a better time to have a birthday celebration. Mark my words. Fingers and toes crossed. XOXO.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
51nyljC4+gL._AC_.jpg

Good luck Nicky!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Feels bad.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you @PreRaphaelite. I cannot imagine you coming across as anything but wonderful.I hope you get that job!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just want to ask if there is a thread where people can share links to the work and services of independent jewelry makers. I’m hoping to find any existing “post” on PS, or to build, a post that compiles where someone can peruse jewelers’ work, and to get custom settings made (looking for all price points). Looking for beyond the PS favorites, to trusted or interesting new businesses.

Maybe start a thread and people can contribute with links.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so grateful Greg is happy to do whatever I feel comfortable doing. He says (and I agree) I am more cautious than most. In fact his exact words are my risk tolerance is much lower than other people's risk tolerance. But nonetheless he wants me to feel safe and comfortable and to that end we do not go out to eat or meet people inside etc. We go to medical appointments and food shopping and do only what we feel is necessary. And I am good with that. And luckily so is my husband. Despite the fact that I know he would enjoy getting together with some of our friends. As soon as the weather is nicer and we can gather outdoors that is what we shall do.

Stay true to what makes you feel safe Joanne. Do not give in to pressure. Do what you feel comfortable doing. Hang in there. IMO there is an end in sight. There really is. I hope. (((HUGS))).

@missy Thanks..He’s been very good about doing what I say…but I think he’s growing weary. He doesn’t have guy friends except from work. These are old friends..They’re not the kind of friends you see once a month or year..I really like them but the risk is too high for friends we haven’t really seen in person for a long time. The husband..who is my husband’s former work colleague called my husband since he retired to say that they would love to visit us at our other house in Maryland. The area is a place where there are lots of restaurants so they would want to do that. It’s a very crowded area with tourists. The husband is strictly vegetarian..but the wife isn’t so we always ate out. This just isn’t the time to reconnect. I know my husband would have said yes if I didn’t veto it. He was fine with it because he knows I’m nervous about eating out now. They would also be spending the day with us at the house..I do think he’s getting weary with me being on guard.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Happy early Birthday! I don’t know where you live but we’ve had some warm days..Maybe you’ll get to eat outside…Fingers crossed!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"You can't wait til life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy"

RIP Nightbirdie. You were a beautiful soul. Wise beyond your years. Gone too soon. :cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results