shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am hoping! DH says he is just stubborn enough he might surprise us all. I sure hope so!

This was within a couple of hours of coming home. He had eaten his chicken and dumplings and they were trying to hold hands. I looked over from the kitchen and one of them said they need to be closer together so they can hold hands. Not sure how to make that work with his needing the walker to get through (eventually, hopefully), but we did do a quick rearrange so they could be close for awhile. Married 62 years. Hoping they get to see 63 in May.

IMG_20220316_183946788_HDR~2.jpg

I love that after 62 years they still want to hold hands..He’s a lucky man to have a family love him so much..

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was good and only started 4 of each type of pepper and tomato. Did 10 of each last year. That is a lot of veggie starts :oops2: . 29 varieties of tomatoes and 26 varieties of peppers. Almost all of the tomatoes sprouted and about 2/3 of the peppers. If I can keep up with them, will have many plants to share.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Almost forgot to share the funny....
I stayed with my cousin's two kids (ages 5 and 3) when he and his wife went to the hospital when she went into labor. The two kids were super excited to meet their sister. I was asked every hour or two if the had gotten the baby out of mommy's tummy yet. The morning came that they got to meet her and they were thrilled. Then the little girl (5) asked HOW did the baby come out of mommy's tummy. I was never so glad to sit quietly and let someone else answer a question! The mom looked briefly surprised and had her repeat the question then said that the doctors take the baby out through the vagina. This kid was so quiet with this look of shock on her face then laughed and said mommy is joking. So the mom said that really is where the baby comes out. The look of sheer horror was hilarious. (She recovered quickly and went right back to wanting to hold the baby again.)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Celebratory ice cream with home canned peaches was in order this afternoon. DH and my cousin were able to get my grandfather's classic car to idle today! He and Grandma were able to be outside and watch it start up for the first time in I don't know how many years. Huge smiles all around and many happy tears as we got to see him smiling. This was one of two things he has been so upset he will never get to see. We can't get the other done in time for him, but this was huge! IMG_20220329_170325222~2.jpg

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not okay right now, but I will be. Grandpa got to ride in his car on Monday thanks to an amazing community effort. Had a second ride Tuesday. Passed last night as I was in the recliner near his bed. Thought I was doing okay. Cried because I was going to have to make dinner for myself and DH. He is in the kitchen now as I lay here crying.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am not okay right now, but I will be. Grandpa got to ride in his car on Monday thanks to an amazing community effort. Had a second ride Tuesday. Passed last night as I was in the recliner near his bed. Thought I was doing okay. Cried because I was going to have to make dinner for myself and DH. He is in the kitchen now as I lay here crying.

I’m so so sorry @TooPatient..You put joy in his life..He was blessed to have you and your wonderful family.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @TooPatient . I know you are heartbroken. I hope you can find peace in knowing you were a wonderful granddaughter to your grandpa. He was blessed to be surrounded by people who love him. He loved you. I’m so sorry. Hugs, Callie

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I'm so very sorry @TooPatient, sending much love and comfort to you. And lots of hugs. Your grandfather was fortunate to have such a kind and caring granddaughter. You were there for him and I hope that brings you some peace in the days ahead.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry @TooPatient.
I am sending you gentle hugs.
May the great love you shared bring you comfort and peace.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @TooPatient . I'm sure all the effort that you and the community went through brought him much joy. Wishing you
peaceful thoughts and good memories of your Grandpa.

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock

Hugs and warm memories - what a blessing he was able to ride in the car not once, but twice. What a wonderful community you must have and what a kind heart you DO have.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thinking of you today @TooPatient and sending you warmth and comfort.

At some point, I hope you frame the picture you posted above of your grandparents. No one here knows your grandparents
but from an outsider looking in, this pictures captures the spirit of two people who were filled with joy. Thank you for sharing it here.

Last edited:

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
What a gift you gave him @TooPatient - your kindness changed his whole world.
Sending you hopes for comfort and peace now.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a country gone mad, the first thought that popped into my head this morning was "I wonder if they'll find Jimmy Hoffa in Lake Mead."

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
In a country gone mad, the first thought that popped into my head this morning was "I wonder if they'll find Jimmy Hoffa in Lake Mead."

That crossed my mind as well. I read that officials anticipate finding more bodies as the waters recede.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

:shock: :shock: Hahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Shut up! That's almost exactly what I said to my DH yesterday! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I mean at this point...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Didn’t know where to put this but it’s cute…

And the reveal…

She’s adorable..I have a few moissanite pieces that look just like diamonds…especially the smaller ones. I bought my mom a pair of moissanite huggies to wear in her nursing home in case she loses one. They are gorgeous..There is no way to tell just by looking at them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

“On the day I die a lot will happen.

A lot will change.

The world will be busy.

On the day I die, all the important appointments I made will be left unattended.

The many plans I had yet to complete will remain forever undone.

The calendar that ruled so many of my days will now be irrelevant to me.

All the material things I so chased and guarded and treasured will be left in the hands of others to care for or to discard.

The words of my critics which so burdened me will cease to sting or capture anymore. They will be unable to touch me.

The arguments I believed I’d won here will not serve me or bring me any satisfaction or solace.

All my noisy incoming notifications and texts and calls will go unanswered. Their great urgency will be quieted.

My many nagging regrets will all be resigned to the past, where they should have always been anyway.

Every superficial worry about my body that I ever labored over; about my waistline or hairline or frown lines, will fade away.

My carefully crafted image, the one I worked so hard to shape for others here, will be left to them to complete anyway.

The sterling reputation I once struggled so greatly to maintain will be of little concern for me anymore.

All the small and large anxieties that stole sleep from me each night will be rendered powerless.

The deep and towering mysteries about life and death that so consumed my mind will finally be clarified in a way that they could never be before while I lived.

These things will certainly all be true on the day that I die.

Yet for as much as will happen on that day, one more thing that will happen.

On the day I die, the few people who really know and truly love me will grieve deeply.

They will feel a void.

They will feel cheated.

They will not feel ready.

They will feel as though a part of them has died as well.

And on that day, more than anything in the world they will want more time with me.

I know this from those I love and grieve over.

And so knowing this, while I am still alive I’ll try to remember that my time with them is finite and fleeting and so very precious—and I’ll do my best not to waste a second of it.

I’ll try not to squander a priceless moment worrying about all the other things that will happen on the day I die, because many of those things are either not my concern or beyond my control.

Friends, those other things have an insidious way of keeping you from living even as you live; vying for your attention, competing for your affections.

They rob you of the joy of this unrepeatable, uncontainable, ever-evaporating Now with those who love you and want only to share it with you.

Don’t miss the chance to dance with them while you can.

It’s easy to waste so much daylight in the days before you die.

Don’t let your life be stolen every day by all that you’ve been led to believe matters, because on the day you die, the fact is that much of it simply won’t.

Yes, you and I will die one day.

But before that day comes: let us live.”

-John Pavlovitz

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

“On the day I die a lot will happen.

A lot will change.

The world will be busy.

On the day I die, all the important appointments I made will be left unattended.

The many plans I had yet to complete will remain forever undone.

The calendar that ruled so many of my days will now be irrelevant to me.

All the material things I so chased and guarded and treasured will be left in the hands of others to care for or to discard.

The words of my critics which so burdened me will cease to sting or capture anymore. They will be unable to touch me.

The arguments I believed I’d won here will not serve me or bring me any satisfaction or solace.

All my noisy incoming notifications and texts and calls will go unanswered. Their great urgency will be quieted.

My many nagging regrets will all be resigned to the past, where they should have always been anyway.

Every superficial worry about my body that I ever labored over; about my waistline or hairline or frown lines, will fade away.

My carefully crafted image, the one I worked so hard to shape for others here, will be left to them to complete anyway.

The sterling reputation I once struggled so greatly to maintain will be of little concern for me anymore.

All the small and large anxieties that stole sleep from me each night will be rendered powerless.

The deep and towering mysteries about life and death that so consumed my mind will finally be clarified in a way that they could never be before while I lived.

These things will certainly all be true on the day that I die.

Yet for as much as will happen on that day, one more thing that will happen.

On the day I die, the few people who really know and truly love me will grieve deeply.

They will feel a void.

They will feel cheated.

They will not feel ready.

They will feel as though a part of them has died as well.

And on that day, more than anything in the world they will want more time with me.

I know this from those I love and grieve over.

And so knowing this, while I am still alive I’ll try to remember that my time with them is finite and fleeting and so very precious—and I’ll do my best not to waste a second of it.

I’ll try not to squander a priceless moment worrying about all the other things that will happen on the day I die, because many of those things are either not my concern or beyond my control.

Friends, those other things have an insidious way of keeping you from living even as you live; vying for your attention, competing for your affections.

They rob you of the joy of this unrepeatable, uncontainable, ever-evaporating Now with those who love you and want only to share it with you.

Don’t miss the chance to dance with them while you can.

It’s easy to waste so much daylight in the days before you die.

Don’t let your life be stolen every day by all that you’ve been led to believe matters, because on the day you die, the fact is that much of it simply won’t.

Yes, you and I will die one day.

But before that day comes: let us live.”

-John Pavlovitz

HI:

I eat a worry-some amount of popcorn.

cheers--Sharon

Sooo, @missy 's post immediately followed by @canuk-gal 's post made me laugh out loud just now :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Patting myself on the back for correctly predicting the best in show winner at Westminster for the 5th yr in a row. I know very little about conformation and breed standards but I know excellence when I see it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I eat a worry-some amount of popcorn.

cheers--Sharon

Haha me too. But take away the worrisome because I LOVE popcorn and the only worry I have is some doctor will say I have to stop eating it. LOL

Bring on the popcorn please and don't forget the avocado oil and sea salt...yummmmm:lickout:

Before garnishes. I love to add organic black pepper and avocado oil.

popcornbluebowl.png

Popcorn popcorn
How yummy you are
Popping popping
Never too far
Please fill the bowl
As much as you can
Lots of popcorn

I'm a big fan

Sooo, @missy 's post immediately followed by @canuk-gal 's post made me laugh out loud just now :lol:

Haha Kenny once started a thread like that. One title followed by another and it was pretty funny :lol:
I would try finding it but Kenny has started a lot of threads so it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last day of work! Eight weeks to recharge! :appl:

WOOHOO!!!!!

lastdayofschoolgif.gif

You deserve the best vacation and time off from a very challenging job.
Have a terrific summer filled with love, joy and lots of time to relax and do fun things!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results