shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
@TooPatient & @lyra Have you thought about going custom? A good Orthotics place can make to measure or take a pair already made and modify to fit you. I'm living with the misery of swollen legs feet and ankles so know first hand. For my son's wedding I settled for a pair of sandals with velcro which they modified( made straps longer so could close).For winter boots I found a gentleman that works in orthotics from home and had him make them, they're very comfortable and warm.
@TooPatient Please do what is comfortable for you go out enjoy don't let what your shoes look like stop you, life is too short and people will always find something to talk about if that is who They are, Hugs

Here is a link to the brand of sandals I got for the wedding http://www.finncomfort.ca/

Good Luck Ladies !

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww @Mamabean being tired sucks. (I know firsthand).

Are you taking anything else now for your thyroid and how is your thyroid and your thyroid antibodies? I am sorry because I have a feeling we discussed it before but my memory (thanks thyroid!) fails me...
(and if you don't feel like discussing just ignore me or email me if you want to discuss offline).

(((Hugs))).
:wavey: Hi Missy! I had my thyroid destroyed a long time ago..I had Graves disease and had tumors in my thyroid. They tried to aspirate cells which was fun..but they weren’t able to get enough. So I got my thyroid destroyed with radioactive iodine. I’ve been on Synthroid ever since...At the time I chose an internist whose specialty was endocrinology. I was good for a while..but now I have a new doctor..since our move to Pa six years ago. She’s great but she handles my thyroid replacement med but I don’t have the best numbers..I would like to go to an endocrinologist but I don’t want her to think I don’t trust her.I need to go back and have her run them again but I’ve been stalling because I don’t like to go to the doctor. They keep finding things wrong with me..:lol: I told her I was feeling tired so she prescribed cytomel. It was such a pain to remember because I had to take it after lunch. I would be running around and sometime forget to take it..I had to set an alarm on my phone to remember...which was probably thyroid brain! I did it for a year but it didn’t make any difference...I’m stalling making an appointment because last time I went my platelets were below normal..I would rather stick my head in the sand because I don’t want to deal with any more medical things...It’s not smart..I know...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient & @lyra Have you thought about going custom? A good Orthotics place can make to measure or take a pair already made and modify to fit you. I'm living with the misery of swollen legs feet and ankles so know first hand. For my son's wedding I settled for a pair of sandals with velcro which they modified( made straps longer so could close).For winter boots I found a gentleman that works in orthotics from home and had him make them, they're very comfortable and warm.
@TooPatient Please do what is comfortable for you go out enjoy don't let what your shoes look like stop you, life is too short and people will always find something to talk about if that is who They are, Hugs

Here is a link to the brand of sandals I got for the wedding http://www.finncomfort.ca/

Good Luck Ladies !

Thank you! I need to look at options again. I had looked at custom but my feet varied so much I didn't want to add $$$ shoes to my pile of failed attempts. I am actually close to maybe fitting standard shoes. So excited!

It definitely impacted what I felt up to managing. The explaining having a medical issue was bad enough but I got through it. It was also painful as my feet had been bad enough that even sandals wouldn't work much of the time and having my feet swell into any type of shoes was painful. I wore slippers for a bit. That was depressing (and soggy!). I think, for me, the constant cold/wet and knowing I didn't have any other options combined with the doctors not knowing why (still don't) was just terribly upsetting as I felt so helpless. Seeing progress makes it much easier!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
@TooPatient Very Happy and Very Excited for you also to see progress, it feels good to be hopeful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Missy! I had my thyroid destroyed a long time ago..I had Graves disease and had tumors in my thyroid. They tried to aspirate cells which was fun..but they weren’t able to get enough. So I got my thyroid destroyed with radioactive iodine. I’ve been on Synthroid ever since...At the time I chose an internist whose specialty was endocrinology. I was good for a while..but now I have a new doctor..since our move to Pa six years ago. She’s great but she handles my thyroid replacement med but I don’t have the best numbers..I would like to go to an endocrinologist but I don’t want her to think I don’t trust her.I need to go back and have her run them again but I’ve been stalling because I don’t like to go to the doctor. They keep finding things wrong with me..:lol: I told her I was feeling tired so she prescribed cytomel. It was such a pain to remember because I had to take it after lunch. I would be running around and sometime forget to take it..I had to set an alarm on my phone to remember...which was probably thyroid brain! I did it for a year but it didn’t make any difference...I’m stalling making an appointment because last time I went my platelets were below normal..I would rather stick my head in the sand because I don’t want to deal with any more medical things...It’s not smart..I know...

I hear you. On all counts. Sometimes one just needs a break. Not sticking your head in the sand forever ...just a little breather.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A little "blinguette" in the making (I heard @missy use the phrase and I LOVE that term!) To brighten your day

20190123_084019.jpg

Aww what a sweet little lady. She has an excellent role model. Beautiful hands and bing both of you.:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to complain...haha..I’m pretty worried. I ordered a pre-loved Tiffany band on eBay..It has a signature requirement which I’m happy about because it didn’t come! I paid a bit much for me not to worry. It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday..then Friday..then Saturday..It said it was out for delivery and in my local post office..Saturday came and went and no package. I get texting updates from USPS...Today it said ALERT! There’s a delivery exception and they are awaiting a delivery scan. Omg...@missy I know you had an issue once with your French cut antique band..Was it similiar to this? @HappyNewLife had a problem with her Blue Nile band..but it eventually turned up..I don’t know how I remember these bits of info as I forget everything else.I guess I need reassurance because I’m starting to panic. :(

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to complain...haha..I’m pretty worried. I ordered a pre-loved Tiffany band on eBay..It has a signature requirement which I’m happy about because it didn’t come! I paid a bit much for me not to worry. It was supposed to be delivered on Thursday..then Friday..then Saturday..It said it was out for delivery and in my local post office..Saturday came and went and no package. I get texting updates from USPS...Today it said ALERT! There’s a delivery exception and they are awaiting a delivery scan. Omg...@missy I know you had an issue once with your French cut antique band..Was it similiar to this? @HappyNewLife had a problem with her Blue Nile band..but it eventually turned up..I don’t know how I remember these bits of info as I forget everything else.I guess I need reassurance because I’m starting to panic. :(

ugh, that's so annoying. I find this to be the case with the PO quite frequently, but with such a high $ item I'd be concerned too. I hope it turns up!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Do not panic. I am sorry this is happening and I know it is stressful but in more than 90% of the cases it shows up. USPS is frustratingly sloppy in the past number of years IMO and this happens so much of the time. But most of the time eventually (though often egregiously late) it shows up. You are completely protected re the purchase (how did you pay?) because you never signed for it! So no worries there. But I get that you want the item. And I am hoping you will get the item and you most likely will. It is just late. (((Hugs))) and hang in there!

Yeah sometimes they just forget (lazy?) to scan it. :|

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks @HappyNewLife and @missy I think what really bothers me is the fact that it was supposedly out for delivery on Saturday..and then fell off the face of the earth. My mailman has been looking for it and says it’s not there..He complains about his own employer all the time with some peppery language..:lol: and says it might show up..gulp..:eek2:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
So annoyed today. If anyone remembers, my kitty was diagnosed with advanced kidney disease over a year ago following a severe infection. We’ve been doing fluids and her numbers are all within normal range. Yey!

In the meantime she developed a tumour in her mouth on the inside of her cheek. We had our vet attempt a removal, which was incomplete. We really have to limit medications and sedation due to her kidney situation.

The tumour was fairly slow growing and she already had a terminal illness so we made the decision to watch it (at the suggestion of our vet). Fast forward a few months and the tumour suddenly ballooned. Our only option was surgery at a facility with actual surgeons/oncology etc along with an anesthesiologist to prevent extensive kidney damage. We couldn’t get an appointment and were sort of resigned to putting and end to her suffering. Then we get the call that she can be squeezed in for a cancellation.

We were thrilled (and sad because a cancellation probably means another kitty won’t make it). The surgeon sees Laenah and immediately says it’s a no go. She doesn’t think she can get margins and close due to the delicate location. She would have to bring in a second surgeon for facial reconstruction. We immediately said no. As a last ditch effort, the surgeon asked the dentist to take a look. It’s not dental work due to the location, but the dentist has more experience with mouth things. Dentist believes she can remove the tumour and get margins.

So this goes down and kitty is doing great!

Why I’m mad: the insurance thinks the surgery and multi day hospitalization was for a tooth extraction. Nothing in the file says anything about teeth. There was no gingival tissue involvement. The dentist wrote a letter saying it’s not dental. Insurance is still denying the claim. Every time we call they say we’ve met our $400 dental limit for the year. Except this is a medical claim. Previous surgery was listed as “tumour with complicating factors” and was fully covered.

So we’re out $9000.

I’m happy that our kitty is doing well, but so frustrated with the insurance company. Sitting here next to her I feel like it’s money well spent, but my logical brain knows that even with the tumour removal, she doesn’t have much time left. We can’t do additional treatment due to her kidney disease. She’s also down to less than 30% renal function. Judge me all you want, but that’s a lot of money when she’s not actually “better” with a long life ahead of her.

Just frustrated.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@chemgirl my heart goes out to you and your kitty. I understand having to make hard decisions for our fur babies. I think the insurance company is horrible for making that decision. I hope she rallies and you have much more time for cuddles with her. :kiss2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok logical brain is losing the battle. I’ll gladly pay everything I have for another day of these cuddles. 23111E39-7BF2-4482-8F32-BC5F8D601E7C.jpeg

Please excuse my crazy mess of a look.

She is beautiful and loves you so much! You can always appeal and push the issue with the insurance, but enjoy those wonderful snuggles while you can. Hoping you have many more snuggles and have the added bonus of getting your appeal granted.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl, I think you made the right choice. That is love. And I hope that you can appeal the stupid insurance issue with the vet clinic’s help.

I also want to complain. My millennial employee has just quit without notice (and feels justified in leaving me in a panic) because she feels stressed by her responsibilities (in life, not with me). And in a business where 6 months notice is standard for a successful transition, she feels that this is ok because she’s stressed. She needs to take care of herself...but of course she wants to come back and work with me in the future when she is less stressed (and presumably more able to handle stress? IDK.). I am going to have to cancel months of appointments in my practice and set everything into chaos at quite possibly the worst possible time...so, no. Not coming back I’m afraid. Ever...

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good Luck Ladies !

+ 1000 to this. Wear whatever makes you comfortable and go out and enjoy life as much as you can. Wear the sparkly sneakers! Hide them with long dressy pants or a long skirt if that feels less obvious, but wear them out there for all to see if you want too.

Custom orthotics can also be a blessing, Either inserts or whole shoes. A consultation doesn’t usually cost anything and then you’d know.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl, I think you made the right choice. That is love. And I hope that you can appeal the stupid insurance issue with the vet clinic’s help.

I also want to complain. My millennial employee has just quit without notice (and feels justified in leaving me in a panic) because she feels stressed by her responsibilities (in life, not with me). And in a business where 6 months notice is standard for a successful transition, she feels that this is ok because she’s stressed. She needs to take care of herself...but of course she wants to come back and work with me in the future when she is less stressed (and presumably more able to handle stress? IDK.). I am going to have to cancel months of appointments in my practice and set everything into chaos at quite possibly the worst possible time...so, no. Not coming back I’m afraid. Ever...

That is horrible! I've seen that a few times but assumed it was just a couple of obnoxious self centered asses. I don't understand how anyone thinks it is okay to leave without suitable notice! I understand exceptions for emergencies, but otherwise....

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is horrible! I've seen that a few times but assumed it was just a couple of obnoxious self centered asses. I don't understand how anyone thinks it is okay to leave without suitable notice! I understand exceptions for emergencies, but otherwise....

It was awful. Not an emergency...just feeling overwhelmed because there are too many things she committed to (many of which are non-essential). No willingness to work with me around transition planning and I’m the bad person because I didn’t tell her that it was ok and that she needed to take care of herself. No sense of apology at all...just it’s decided. Bye. It felt like a bad break-up with a teenaged boy.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My third grand baby is coming in the next 24 hrs! Just got the text from MY baby that wife’s water broke 2 weeks early and they are at the hospital starting induction. How will I ever sleep?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My third grand baby is coming in the next 24 hrs! Just got the text from MY baby that wife’s water broke 2 weeks early and they are at the hospital starting induction. How will I ever sleep?

Exciting! That is probably the best reason ever to lose sleep.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! I’m trying to get someone to take my work shift tomorrow!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It was awful. Not an emergency...just feeling overwhelmed because there are too many things she committed to (many of which are non-essential). No willingness to work with me around transition planning and I’m the bad person because I didn’t tell her that it was ok and that she needed to take care of herself. No sense of apology at all...just it’s decided. Bye. It felt like a bad break-up with a teenaged boy.
That’s so unprofessional! I would never take her back either..I hope you find someone much better..soon..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok logical brain is losing the battle. I’ll gladly pay everything I have for another day of these cuddles. 23111E39-7BF2-4482-8F32-BC5F8D601E7C.jpeg

Please excuse my crazy mess of a look.

Awww @chemgirl what a sweet baby and I am with you. Having kitty with you and an extended quality of life is priceless. I am so very sorry about the insurance company denying the claim and I am hoping you can appeal their decision and win. Clearly it is not a dental procedure and you have truth and facts on your side. Sending you and kitty bucketloads of healing dust. So pleased she is doing OK after such a harrowing ordeal. (((HUGS))).

As an aside you look beautiful. Not a crazy mess at all.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ugh that sucks. I'm sorry @cmd2014. I agree that is unprofessional and not OK. Hope you can find someone to replace her in a timely manner.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats @AprilBaby. So exciting! Please keep us posted. Another PS grand baby.:appl: Blinguette in the making woohoo.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @HappyNewLife and @missy I think what really bothers me is the fact that it was supposedly out for delivery on Saturday..and then fell off the face of the earth. My mailman has been looking for it and says it’s not there..He complains about his own employer all the time with some peppery language..:lol: and says it might show up..gulp..:eek2:

@Mamabean fingers crossed for you that it shows up and please keep us posted. When it does show up you know we are going to need pics right? Good luck...I think it is going to show up very soon...

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean fingers crossed for you that it shows up and please keep us posted. When it does show up you know we are going to need pics right? Good luck...I think it is going to show up very soon...
Thanks @missy I hope so! Crummy pics from me will definitely be coming IF I ever get it..:(2

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh that sucks. I'm sorry @cmd2014. I agree that is unprofessional and not OK. Hope you can find someone to replace her in a timely manner.

Yeah, it’s making me feel like she thinks I’m some kind of ogre, because had she come to me at any point, we would have figured it out. There was a time in the summer where I offered to hire someone else to lighten the load, but she insisted that she didn’t want that (as it would have reduced her hours). And she insisted that everything was fine when I’d check in on her after that until she gave me her quitting speech yesterday. Not even a “can we talk about making some changes” - just an I’m leaving. I’ve always thought I was a pretty good mentor up until now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results