shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand why people build restrooms with stalls so small you have to straddle the toilet to close or open the door. There was literally 4 inches between the toilet and the stall door. (To be fair, I didn't measure so it may have only been 2 inches...)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @missy..I was going for more of a squished cluster but I saw it and loved it so hit that button a little quicker than I should but I’m happy! I hope I love it because it’s not returnable..:eek-2: I’ve bought so many things in the last month that I’m going to stop myself now for a while. I think my long ban rebounded and now I’m spending more! I have so many things in the works I can’t keep track of what I bought..:confused2: Some are unmentionables so can’t mention them here..but that adds up too..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy..I was going for more of a squished cluster but I saw it and loved it so hit that button a little quicker than I should but I’m happy! I hope I love it because it’s not returnable..:eek-2: I’ve bought so many things in the last month that I’m going to stop myself now for a while. I think my long ban rebounded and now I’m spending more! I have so many things in the works I can’t keep track of what I bought..:confused2: Some are unmentionables so can’t mention them here..but that adds up too..

So true...it all adds up! Keeping my fingers crossed that you LOVE it @Mamabean :appl:
As for bling ban (or ban of any sort) I agree it can sometimes backfire because the more verboten something is the more attractive it becomes...same principle with telling one's kids not to date someone. NEVER do that because it can drive them right into that person's arms. :kiss:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
So true...it all adds up! Keeping my fingers crossed that you LOVE it @Mamabean :appl:
As for bling ban (or ban of any sort) I agree it can sometimes backfire because the more verboten something is the more attractive it becomes...same principle with telling one's kids not to date someone. NEVER do that because it can drive them right into that person's arms. :kiss:
Wise words @missy! I remember when my son came home with an earring...a long time ago...I told him I loved it and he was welcome to borrow mine if he wanted to. He took it out the next day and I never said a word. :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love:
Oh no @missy! It’s so upsetting..Was it USPS? I hope it comes tomorrow!

I’ve had more problems with them lately. I kept texting my mail carrier so he tore apart the post office and actually found it..Someone had put it in the wrong place!? It didn’t update for days..I was losing sleep over it too...It ended well so it’s all good. I posted some photos in the two week club thread but I can be forced to share my crummy pics again. :lol:
BD3BBD4C-2B77-4256-9F16-3F19A80B040F.jpeg
720CB229-179B-4D6C-A745-84A93767E005.jpeg 1D5579E8-9428-49EE-948C-1D48BD8B770F.jpeg

So happy it was found @Mamabean, thank goodness for your mail carrier! It's gorgeous, I adore it and it looks so beautiful with your ering:love:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love:

So happy it was found @Mamabean, thank goodness for your mail carrier! It's gorgeous, I adore it and it looks so beautiful with your ering:love:
Thank you @junebug17! He’s a character..I really enjoy him. He never smiles and complains about his job...but comes out with gut busting funny things..After I talk to him I’m still laughing and smiling a half hour later.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @junebug17! He’s a character..I really enjoy him. He never smiles and complains about his job...but comes out with gut busting funny things..After I talk to him I’m still laughing and smiling a half hour later.

I love people like that! So glad he found it.

My current USPS person is okay but I don't really know him as I seldom have things sent USPS. I feel bad as he is terrified of dogs and mine make quite the show when he does have something to come to the house. I make a point of stepping out and shutting the door and assuring him they are also closed in their own bedroom but he still stays at the bottom of the steps looking like he is ready to run at the first hint of dogs at the door.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't understand why people build restrooms with stalls so small you have to straddle the toilet to close or open the door. There was literally 4 inches between the toilet and the stall door. (To be fair, I didn't measure so it may have only been 2 inches...)

Yes! ESPECIALLY at airports! I got stuck in one once. It required this complex series of maneuvers to get both myself and my carry-on luggage into, that I was not able to replicate in reverse...and to add insult to injury it was one of those automatic flush ones so the whole time I was stuck it was flushing and spraying me with toilet water. I have to admit that even though I laughed when I told the story to my family after the fact, I was a little traumatized by the whole thing.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love people like that! So glad he found it.

My current USPS person is okay but I don't really know him as I seldom have things sent USPS. I feel bad as he is terrified of dogs and mine make quite the show when he does have something to come to the house. I make a point of stepping out and shutting the door and assuring him they are also closed in their own bedroom but he still stays at the bottom of the steps looking like he is ready to run at the first hint of dogs at the door.
I do the same thing..I have to wrestle myself out the door because he’s barking at whoever is at the door. I have to drag him to the bathroom and then go back and pretend my dog is normal! My mail carrier will also throw dog treats from his moving mail truck when I’m outside with Bailey making my dog wild...He thinks it’s funny! It’s all I could do to keep myself upright!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! ESPECIALLY at airports! I got stuck in one once. It required this complex series of maneuvers to get both myself and my carry-on luggage into, that I was not able to replicate in reverse...and to add insult to injury it was one of those automatic flush ones so the whole time I was stuck it was flushing and spraying me with toilet water. I have to admit that even though I laughed when I told the story to my family after the fact, I was a little traumatized by the whole thing.

That is awful! They should make all airport stalls big enough to handle a carry on! (I will admit to laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation...)

I had to miss class one day after I used a restroom at school. The toilet shot water several feet in the air and covered me. It was "just water" but I wanted a shower and clean clothes. (It did that for the rest of the year and was horrible/funny/disgusting to be in a different stall and hear the reactions of the latest victim. We all took to leaving notes on the door of that stall but they kept getting removed...)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve had that happen to me many times! I carry hand sanitizer and not to be too graphic..let’s just say I use practically the whole bottle up afterwards! :lol:Yuck!

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awful! They should make all airport stalls big enough to handle a carry on! (I will admit to laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation...)

I had to miss class one day after I used a restroom at school. The toilet shot water several feet in the air and covered me. It was "just water" but I wanted a shower and clean clothes. (It did that for the rest of the year and was horrible/funny/disgusting to be in a different stall and hear the reactions of the latest victim. We all took to leaving notes on the door of that stall but they kept getting removed...)

I’m sure my bathroom mates got an earful!!! Mostly of the eeeeeaaaack!!! variety! :lol:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know where to put this, so here seems appropriate.

Last night DH and I were talking about how I used to loathe Walmart and refused to shop there but I have been going there recently a bit and I used to give him a hard time for shopping there. He came out with "pot meet kettle" except I took it for some reason as "pot meat kettle" lol! So I was thinking is he referencing being so poor that you need to use your kettle to cook meat?!:eek2: It was totally ridiculous :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fluffy with freshly cleaned teeth....
IMG_20181022_223207.jpg

:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Awww I just wanna kiss her sweet tummy and bite her.
(is that weird? I bite my kitties tummies all the time lol).

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know where to put this, so here seems appropriate.

Last night DH and I were talking about how I used to loathe Walmart and refused to shop there but I have been going there recently a bit and I used to give him a hard time for shopping there. He came out with "pot meet kettle" except I took it for some reason as "pot meat kettle" lol! So I was thinking is he referencing being so poor that you need to use your kettle to cook meat?!:eek2: It was totally ridiculous :lol-2:
Omg, I HATE Walmart! I won't give them my money.
I refuse to shop there and have personally boycotted the place since 2006.
I used to work in Grocery, and any store that is near a new Walmart has closed within a few years, including two stores that I worked in.
There are 14 Walmarts in my city. Can you believe it? Why has my town allowed this horrible monstrosity to come in and ruin all the small shops and businesses? The local neighborhoods always protest, but Walmart always seems to get their way. :angryfire: ....rant over

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I hear you, my ideal place to go is Aldi's but they don't open until later in the morning and I'm already out so there you go. The whole reason I started going there was because Poland Spring bottled water went up to $1.49 a gallon at Stop and Shop!! We really should get a water cooler but there is no place for it.

*hanging my head in shame now*

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, I hear you, my ideal place to go is Aldi's but they don't open until later in the morning and I'm already out so there you go. The whole reason I started going there was because Poland Spring bottled water went up to $1.49 a gallon at Stop and Shop!! We really should get a water cooler but there is no place for it.

@StephanieLynn do you have a Costco nearby? They carry Poland spring water at excellent prices. Love Costco :kiss2:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh Steph, I didn't mean to make you feel bad, you know I love you!((hugs))
I didn't mean to sound so harsh!
I have heard of Aldi's, but there are none in my part of the world.
I personally like Target. Their food prices beat most of the grocery stores.

Last edited:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, no worries, we good, but I do feel badly shopping there. Target is 20 min away and Aldi's doesn't open until 9..ugh.

I do love Aldi's though and they are even better now that they have more organic options.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see Walmart from my bedroom window. So yes, I do shop there. We don't have Target (anymore!). I don't buy groceries there, only non-perishable items. Both of my daughters worked at that store during high school and onward. :lol-2: My problem with Costco is that there is no parking, no matter what day or time you go. I have an accessible parking pass, but I can never use it there. I find it's pretty expensive too, so we only buy meat, laundry soap and paper products there. I go to a nice grocery store that is directly behind my house, is too expensive, but has all the bells and whistles. I don't feel like I'm being frugal enough!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to spend $250 a week at Costco and yes you do get a lot but then you also get a lot of the same thing. We found we would waste more than usual as well, apples come in a gigantic pack and the apples themselves are huge so that's a lot for four people to get through before they went bad.

Shopping at Aldi's I can do a week of shopping for $140 and that is everything I need for the week with almost zero food waste.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to Aldi's once (Jersey shore) and the one we went to was a stripped down version of a supermarket. The one we went to had a lack of variety, lack of cleanliness and lack of service. We didn't find anything worth buying there. But I am sure that varies by location. For us it was a failure.

Costco yes often we have to buy in volume but for us it never goes bad. I like to eat haha and I make sure we don't let any food go to waste. And I love buying paper goods in bulk. Toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, microfiber cloths, water etc. It all helps save us on running back and forth to stock up on these goods. But we have lots of storage space and it won't work for everyone that is for sure.

Between Costco, Trader Joe's and Whole Foods we are covered and rarely have to shop for food anywhere else.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The balance of power has definitely shifted to the employee side of the house due to declining birth rates (in the US at least) leading to a smaller available workforce. But today's millennials haven't been mistreated for decades -- as their parents were -- and in a fair number of industries (perhaps the majority of which are tech), millennial supervisors are supervising other millennials. So either they aren't taught how to be good supervisors or they don't care or a combo of both. Corporations have been rethinking their practices since the population decline was predicted in the 1980s. I remember trying to get my employer to pay attention to what the trends were predicting. However, as long as money rather than people remains the top priority of US businesses, the change you and I would like to see will be incrementally slow. I suspect US businesses will begin importing more foreign employees and exporting ever more jobs oversees if adapting to millennials' expectations has a negative effect on profit and investors. It will be interesting to see what happens when all the old men who run corporations and control boards retire/die and are replaced by a more forward thinking group.

There's a lot of truth to this, but I'd personally guess the opposite.

I was in research for a while. One taboo topic that everyone faced was cultural misfit: in certain cultures it is much more acceptable to overpromise and underdeliver than to give a client a reality check; in other cultures - like ours here in the US - that's the worst possible way to handle impractical expectations, and you can't "fix this problem" with diversity training and verbal explanation of expectations because "this problem" has far deeper roots - it's philosophical and behavioural.

Another taboo topic is elevation of authority: in some cultures it is wholly unacceptable to question expertise - and professors, textbooks, data sources are experts. A common result of this sort of conditional upbringing and schooling is a marked lack of creativity - something that's of course valued highly here in the US.

Just two reasons much of the tech industry is moving away from outsourcing proprietary deliverables these days, especially with the proliferation of open source communities (public, global projects that all are free to contribute to and use without constraint). Fussy, demanding, snowflakey millenials have mastered creative problem solving and the ability to say "no" :lol:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no @missy! It’s so upsetting..Was it USPS? I hope it comes tomorrow!

The boots finally arrived yesterday. Lol mail at its most efficient :P2 I think it took about 3 weeks.

The unboxing.
075336F7-7459-421E-9C5A-5CC95FC18F65.jpeg

Little ice picks for walking on ice.
E084C763-4619-4053-A988-E5D3E45AB8A9.jpeg

The necessary modeling shot (though I won’t be wearing it with my workout shorts generally :lol:).
EA63D775-F676-404E-9303-0D1C1B5DEACE.jpeg

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
The boots finally arrived yesterday. Lol mail at its most efficient :P2 I think it took about 3 weeks.

The unboxing.
075336F7-7459-421E-9C5A-5CC95FC18F65.jpeg

Little ice picks for walking on ice.
E084C763-4619-4053-A988-E5D3E45AB8A9.jpeg

The necessary modeling shot (though I won’t be wearing it with my workout shorts generally :lol:).
EA63D775-F676-404E-9303-0D1C1B5DEACE.jpeg
I LOVE them! I’m so happy they came! They were worth the wait! I like the little picks on the bottom. That’s so great for the ice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results