shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw those featured on a tv program this week. I love how they can become cleats on the bottom when you flip them with the key! I should probably try to get a pair, there is ice everywhere right now, but especially on the driveway and street.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw those featured on a tv program this week. I love how they can become cleats on the bottom when you flip them with the key! I should probably try to get a pair, there is ice everywhere right now, but especially on the driveway and street.

Hi @lyra interesting. I haven’t seen these advertised anywhere.
@canuk-gal recommended this brand to me. I’m excited to wear them.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It was a Canadian daytime talk show, Cityline. They were doing a feature on winter boots. I thought the grips were the bees knees!:P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy It was a Canadian daytime talk show, Cityline. They were doing a feature on winter boots. I thought the grips were the bees knees!:P2

Yes I agree. Bees knees :kiss2:
I’m such a klutz so I need all the help I can get!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just had to say I love the expression..”the bees knees!” :P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just had to say I love the expression..”the bees knees!” :P2

Me too and here's a little bit of background on the origin...I was curious so thought maybe you would be too.

What is the origin of the phrase the bee's knees?

The phrase "the bee's knees", meaning "the height of excellence", became popular in the U.S. in the 1920s, along with "the cat's whiskers" (possibly from the use of these in radio crystal sets), "the cat's pajamas" (pajamas were still new enough to be daring), and similar phrases that didn't endure: "the eel's ankle", ...Nov 3, 2011

and
https://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/the-bees-knees.html

And you know I love the cat's whiskers and the cat's pajamas too :P2

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I lost one of my bracelets a few months ago. I’m heartbroken over it..I looked everywhere for it and I have no idea where it is. Truth be told I think my husband lost it. I keep a small pouch in my purse for charge receipts..The bracelet had snapped so I put it in the little pouch until I could get to the jeweler to have it fixed. My husband was looking for a receipt and took my pouch. He says he put it back but that man loses more things..so I think he did something like throw it out..or I’ll find it in some odd place years from now..at least I hope so...Anyway..I know I’m rambling but please bear with me because I will get to the point soon! :P2 I looked on eBay and found one almost identical to it..I don’t think it’s the same quality but it’s sooooo close I’m so happy! It’s coming Tuesday. The first pic is my lost bracelet (yes I took a pic of it :lol-2:) and the bottom is the new to me bracelet coming Tuesday! I’m so happy! :appl:
C5F99778-C8DF-4F07-B43A-72E8E0ECB9C2.jpeg
3CA9DC88-22DC-4093-A5C8-3E424DC52B88.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I lost one of my bracelets a few months ago. I’m heartbroken over it..I looked everywhere for it and I have no idea where it is. Truth be told I think my husband lost it. I keep a small pouch in my purse for charge receipts..The bracelet had snapped so I put it in the little pouch until I could get to the jeweler to have it fixed. My husband was looking for a receipt and took my pouch. He says he put it back but that man loses more things..so I think he did something like throw it out..or I’ll find it in some odd place years from now..at least I hope so...Anyway..I know I’m rambling but please bear with me because I will get to the point soon! :P2 I looked on eBay and found one almost identical to it..I don’t think it’s the same quality but it’s sooooo close I’m so happy! It’s coming Tuesday. The first pic is my lost bracelet (yes I took a pic of it :lol-2:) and the bottom is the new to me bracelet coming Tuesday! I’m so happy! :appl:
C5F99778-C8DF-4F07-B43A-72E8E0ECB9C2.jpeg
3CA9DC88-22DC-4093-A5C8-3E424DC52B88.jpeg

YAY!!! So happy you found this lovely lovely bracelet @Mamabean.:appl: Now you know we need wrist shots right?:kiss2:

Thanks Missy! I remembered hearing that expression in old movies and loved it then too!
D248151C-435F-4380-B9F4-EAC9BDE3FC7B.jpeg

awww :kiss2:!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!! So happy you found this lovely lovely bracelet @Mamabean.:appl: Now you know we need wrist shots right?:kiss2:

awww :kiss2:!

Thank you @missy! I definitely will but I’m not expecting much in the way the diamonds will sparkle...You never know though! :P2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That bracelet is beautiful, Mamabean. I love it.

Deb :wavey:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you @AGBF! The new to me bracelet has a date with my Magnasonic when it arrives! I hope the little diamonds hang on! :lol-2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy those boots are amazing looking! If I had known what this winter would bring, I might have had the sense to buy snow boots... Oh well, staying inside drinking hot chocolate and snuggling with dogs while we watch the snow fall... Again...

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fried these banana fritters last night in an attempt to preserve my glut of home grown bananas

I think I fried around 30 - 40 bananas! They freeze and reheat crispy like chicken nuggets!

Haha I'm proud of myself so showing off!

20190210_233941.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fried these banana fritters last night in an attempt to preserve my glut of home grown bananas

I think I fried around 30 - 40 bananas! They freeze and reheat crispy like chicken nuggets!

20190210_233941.jpg

Sounds yummy! Home grown? You must be somewhere tropical!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I’m heading out on vacation next week and I realized that I don’t have any shorts.

The only store selling shorts in the local mall is American Eagle. I walked in there and the teenager working asked if I needed something in particular. When I said shorts, she made a face and said they don’t sell any long shorts, sorry.

So um FYI all, I’m officially too old for booty shorts.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m heading out on vacation next week and I realized that I don’t have any shorts.

The only store selling shorts in the local mall is American Eagle. I walked in there and the teenager working asked if I needed something in particular. When I said shorts, she made a face and said they don’t sell any long shorts, sorry.

I’m so sorry..but that’s so funny! :lol-2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20190210_233941.jpg

OMG these look incredible @mellowyellowgirl :lickout: I can almost taste these from your lovely and scrumptious photo.:kiss2:

LOL well I am too old to even know what a "booty" short is.:lol-2:
Have a good vacation @chemgirl. I would love to escape this cold weather we are having and visit @mellowyellowgirl for some yummy fried bananas.8)

ETA OK I think I just got what a booty short is from the context...those are short shorts that show the booty? :whistle: YupI am definitely too old for those.:oops2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG these look incredible @mellowyellowgirl :lickout: I can almost taste these from your lovely and scrumptious photo.:kiss2:

LOL well I am too old to even know what a "booty" short is.:lol-2:
Have a good vacation @chemgirl. I would love to escape this cold weather we are having and visit @mellowyellowgirl for some yummy fried bananas.8)

ETA OK I think I just got what a booty short is from the context...those are short shorts that show the booty? :whistle: YupI am definitely too old for those.:oops2:
:lol-2::lol:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lol @missy I don’t show my butt either. These were maybe 2 inches of inseam so definitely short, but everything would be contained!

I’m going to Australia and it’s looking hot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol @missy I don’t show my butt either. These were maybe 2 inches of inseam so definitely short, but everything would be contained!

I’m going to Australia and it’s looking hot.

Ooh Australia! Have a wonderful trip!
(And lol I never thought you'd be showing off your butt.:kiss:)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so stinking excited! The music festival I like to go to has a mediocre lineup this year. Why is that good? Well.... Because it got me thinking that for that $$$ I could go to Vegas and see someone I have always wanted to see. DH says I should go for it! Now I just have to get the tickets, find hotel, flights, and survive the next 18 weeks of school.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so stinking excited! The music festival I like to go to has a mediocre lineup this year. Why is that good? Well.... Because it got me thinking that for that $$$ I could go to Vegas and see someone I have always wanted to see. DH says I should go for it! Now I just have to get the tickets, find hotel, flights, and survive the next 18 weeks of school.
Fun! Who is the person you want to see!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I missed my ups delivery from DK! :cry2: I need chocolate..

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I missed my ups delivery from DK! :cry2: I need chocolate..

Oh no! Sounds like you need chocolate and wine!

Is it possible to call them and get it held at the distribution center for you to pick up? FedEx and UPS do that for me please easily. The post office is hit or miss, but it has happened a couple of times....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh no! Sounds like you need chocolate and wine!

Is it possible to call them and get it held at the distribution center for you to pick up? FedEx and UPS do that for me please easily. The post office is hit or miss, but it has happened a couple of times....
He didn’t give me that option..Last time I requested Fedex and I picked it up. This time he just sent it UPS without the option to pick it up..so...I will have to try and be patient. My cluster ring is also coming from England today..the one in my avatar...I hope I love it because it’s not returnable...:roll

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results