shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well not to try taking the Queen Klutz title but who can forget (I can't lol) when I couldn't de-clip my left foot out of the pedal when we got a flat on the tandem and crunch broke the bones. And as I was laying in the middle of the road (busy road) foot still attached to our bike in quite the (literally) twisted fashion my dh comes over to me and says honey are you OK? We have to get out of the road. LOL yeah I know but I am attached to the bike and I cannot move my leg cause it's broken and I am still attached to the pedal. Not a pretty sight. Good times. :lol:

Yes I think so too. I think it's either that we 1. are so focused on our bling we don't pay attention to our surroundings (but I dont wear any bling cycling so that doesn't work for me) or 2. we love bling to get our minds off our klutziness. 8) :cool2:

Oh my :geek2:. At least they were pretty panties. I mean who doesn't love flowers? They were good enough for Scarlett...:P2
Omg..@Missy! You broke your leg?! That’s horrible! I put my hand over my mouth when I just read this..I hope you’re okay now!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear sister klutzes,
I have so many bruises on my body that I think my doctor thinks my DH abuses me. At the gym, people give me a wide berth -- conked myself on the forehead with a barbell raising a nice lump that made me look like a malformed neanderthal, fell over a bench, fell off of a bench, nearly decapitated myself because I forgot to unplug my earbuds from the elliptical when I got off, and I'm constantly tripping over the damn rubberized floor. At home I'm like a pinball pinging off of furniture and walls as I speed around the house trying to get chores done.

Growing up I was on my butt more often than on my feet. My mother took me to a doctor because she was so worried about how often I fell. Nothing changed as I aged except I have even less balance and have never developed an iota of grace. Hubs and I do a lot of hiking. He glides gracefully along the trails and I trip/stumblel/fall, repeat ad nauseam. I swear tree branches and rocks throw themselves at my feet. I've often wondered if I'm cursed.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dear sister klutzes,
I have so many bruises on my body that I think my doctor thinks my DH abuses me. At the gym, people give me a wide berth -- conked myself on the forehead with a barbell raising a nice lump that made me look like a malformed neanderthal, fell over a bench, fell off of a bench, nearly decapitated myself because I forgot to unplug my earbuds from the elliptical when I got off, and I'm constantly tripping over the damn rubberized floor. At home I'm like a pinball pinging off of furniture and walls as I speed around the house trying to get chores done.

Growing up I was on my butt more often than on my feet. My mother took me to a doctor because she was so worried about how often I fell. Nothing changed as I aged except I have even less balance and have never developed an iota of grace. Hubs and I do a lot of hiking. He glides gracefully along the trails and I trip/stumblel/fall, repeat ad nauseam. I swear tree branches and rocks throw themselves at my feet. I've often wondered if I'm cursed.
I laughed out loud and crying reading this post @Matata! I never read anything as funny as this description of your klutziness! Are you a writer? You should be!! I could picture you doing all these things! Hysterical!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg..@Missy! You broke your leg?! That’s horrible! I put my hand over my mouth when I just read this..I hope you’re okay now!

Aww thanks @Mamabean. It happened a little over 4 and a half years ago and sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago and sometimes like just a few months ago but the year after the accident we cycled almost 4500 miles so we came back strong. Not going to let a little thing like a broken tibia and fibula stop me.:P2

Dear sister klutzes,

Haha yes. I sometimes joke with the person asking me oh no how did I get that bruise? And I say my dh. But then I laugh so they know I'm kidding.

What we lack in grace we make up for in heart.

klutzykitty.gif

Sadly my kitties seem to have inherited my klutzy gene. :confused2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks @Mamabean. It happened a little over 4 and a half years ago and sometimes it feels like a lifetime ago and sometimes like just a few months ago but the year after the accident we cycled almost 4500 miles so we came back strong. Not going to let a little thing like a broken tibia and fibula stop me.:P2

Haha yes. I sometimes joke with the person asking me oh no how did I get that bruise? And I say my dh. But then I laugh so they know I'm kidding.

What we lack in grace we make up for in heart.

klutzykitty.gif

Sadly my kitties seem to have inherited my klutzy gene. :confused2:
@missy I’m happy you’re okay now but those were serious breaks..omg..

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well not to try taking the Queen Klutz title but who can forget (I can't lol) when I couldn't de-clip my left foot out of the pedal when we got a flat on the tandem and crunch broke the bones. And as I was laying in the middle of the road (busy road) foot still attached to our bike in quite the (literally) twisted fashion my dh comes over to me and says honey are you OK? We have to get out of the road. LOL yeah I know but I am attached to the bike and I cannot move my leg cause it's broken and I am still attached to the pedal. Not a pretty sight. Good times. :lol:

Yes I think so too. I think it's either that we 1. are so focused on our bling we don't pay attention to our surroundings (but I dont wear any bling cycling so that doesn't work for me) or 2. we love bling to get our minds off our klutziness. 8) :cool2:

Oh my :geek2:. At least they were pretty panties. I mean who doesn't love flowers? They were good enough for Scarlett...:P2
It’s so true..I stare at my rings all the time when I’m walking..It’s our jewelry’s fault! :twisted2:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am in such great company, I think I feel better about being a total klutz.:P2 I fumble things with my hands all the time. I send garbled texts and my daughter texts back "So you dropped your phone?", because it's such a regularity that I try hang on to it as it falls, sending off gibberish.

Missy, I remember your broken leg incident, that was awful. I can't ride my bike anymore. The last time I went sailing over the handlebars I landed square on my shoulder. Thus ended cycling. It's not like it was the first time. I also fell right off the back while going up a hill. That must have looked hilarious. My daughter always cracks up because I end up doing things all the time. I knock things off shelves/racks in stores on the regular too. I always, always spill something on myself while I'm eating. You just can't take me anywhere nice.:eek2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a klutz story that could have ended really badly. I was picking up my older son from school, my younger son was maybe a year or so. I was carrying him on my right side and tripped on a raised part of the sidewalk and fell on the sidewalk with my left knee taking the whole impact. My son luckily landed on the grassy strip next to the sidewalk otherwise he would have gone head first onto the pavement!

The cherry on top was that there were all these kids and people since school had just let out and not one person offered to help us up or asked if we were okay. That was probably worse than falling.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a klutz story that could have ended really badly. I was picking up my older son from school, my younger son was maybe a year or so. I was carrying him on my right side and tripped on a raised part of the sidewalk and fell on the sidewalk with my left knee taking the whole impact. My son luckily landed on the grassy strip next to the sidewalk otherwise he would have gone head first onto the pavement!

The cherry on top was that there were all these kids and people since school had just let out and not one person offered to help us up or asked if we were okay. That was probably worse than falling.
That is so terrible that no one offered to help! I don’t understand people sometimes..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow that is awful @StephanieLynn. Are you sure people saw this happen? I'm with @Mamabean that if people saw you fall with your son and just walked on by that is truly horrible and yeah I don't understand people sometimes either. That makes me angry that happened to you. Very angry.:nono:

One thing I can add is that so far through all my Krazy Klutziness there have always been people around to help. NYC and surrounding areas might have a bad reputation but I have never had a bad experience re needing help and not getting it. When I fell in the middle of that busy road people rushed around to help and none of the cars honked us despite being in the middle of the road for at least a few minutes or more. And people came out of their surrounding homes with beverages (haha I don't know why people offer beverages but they do lol) and offers to help.

OK another feel good story and much more lighthearted story.
I haven't shared my Cinderella story haha. I was commuting to work during rush hour at perhaps the busiest subway station in Manhattan and I was climbing up the stairs (escalator rarely works at this station and it's a whole lotta stairs) and my shoe fell off. Haha yup right off my foot. That happened more often than I care to admit when I used to wear these kind of shoes all those years ago. So without skipping a beat a young man caught the shoe (it would have been a huge pain in the ass to go back down the stairs with literally hundreds of people every minute rushing up those stairs) and ran up the stairs to me and put the shoe back on my foot. And everyone around us was like awww just like Cinderella and Prince Charming.:lol: It was a sweet story but really I was just relieved to get my shoe back because I had to go to work and no way did I want to walk without a shoe anywhere in the fllthy NYC subway system.

I am in such great company, I think I feel better about being a total klutz.:P2 I fumble things with my hands all the time. I send garbled texts and my daughter texts back "So you dropped your phone?", because it's such a regularity that I try hang on to it as it falls, sending off gibberish.

Missy, I remember your broken leg incident, that was awful. I can't ride my bike anymore. The last time I went sailing over the handlebars I landed square on my shoulder. Thus ended cycling. It's not like it was the first time. I also fell right off the back while going up a hill. That must have looked hilarious. My daughter always cracks up because I end up doing things all the time. I knock things off shelves/racks in stores on the regular too. I always, always spill something on myself while I'm eating. You just can't take me anywhere nice.:eek2:

Oh I'm sorry @lyra and I get it. If I went sailing over the handlebars (more than once) that might be it for me and cycling. The first 2 questions I asked the surgeon right after my accident were 1. would I be able to cycle again and 2. would I fit into my SW boots again. His answer to both was "I don't know" so I was determined to do both and had something to prove (to myself only) so yeah I was planning getting back to cycling as soon as I could. And it took about 9 months or so to be in cycling shape with my leg healing and PT etc. But if another accident happened I cannot say I would be so quick to want to get back to cycling. I mean I have some common sense. What happened to me was a freak accident and not the result of my klutziness though I joke around about it. I realize what happened was just a crazy accident. I could not get my left foot out of those clipped pedals. It wouldn't budge and after I was laying on the ground we had a really hard time getting my foot out of it even then. It was firmly stuck.

If I were in your shoes and that happened to me on the bike more than once I'd probably look around for another activity too. Falling is no fun and the older we get the more dangerous it is re broken bones. And I think falling backwards is the worse.

When I was upset about all the scars I have from my accidents and general klutziness Greg said look at it this way. We lead interesting lives. And each battle wound shows just how interesting. ::)

Wishing everyone here lots of fun adventures while remaining safe and sound.:appl:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, if your Cinderella story was in the current day it would go viral! I could totally see reading that on Daily Mail and watching it on YouTube!

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, in the case of my fall though people walked right past us on the same sidewalk, so we were definitely seen. It's okay because the only real casualty was my knee, although I can't run on it anymore since then I'd gladly give a knee than have my son get injured. That would have been an ambulance ride for sure.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy, if your Cinderella story was in the current day it would go viral! I could totally see reading that on Daily Mail and watching it on YouTube!

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, in the case of my fall though people walked right past us on the same sidewalk, so we were definitely seen. It's okay because the only real casualty was my knee, although I can't run on it anymore since then I'd gladly give a knee than have my son get injured. That would have been an ambulance ride for sure.

People can and do suck. Sending you (((HUGS))) and lots of healing vibes. I hope that knee somehow heals fully so you can run on it again and also of course I am with you completely. It was worth the knee to keep your son safe. I am just sorry it happened to you. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@missy That truly was a Cinderella story! I love that he put your shoe back on instead of just handing it to you! Nice man!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I understand Drs being behind. I appreciate them taking the time to care for their patients. I just wish there was a system to keep patients up to date. My appointment was 75 minutes ago. Still sitting in waiting room. If I had known, I would have grabbed a salad in the cafe downstairs instead of sitting here starving.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may lose my patience today. Still sitting in the waiting room. Appointment was for 2:45. I arrived with plenty of time to check in. Been sitting here for two hours now. (Appointment 1 hour 45 minutes ago...)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I may lose my patience today. Still sitting in the waiting room. Appointment was for 2:45. I arrived with plenty of time to check in. Been sitting here for two hours now. (Appointment 1 hour 45 minutes ago...)
I would check that they really checked you in..I had that happen twice where the doctor left and no one told me!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would check that they really checked you in..I had that happen twice where the doctor left and no one told me!

Did that 30 minutes ago. Confirmed by both at the desk.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:( That stinks..

That actually wasn't far off!

The front desk told her earlier today that her 2:45 new patient had cancelled and scheduled with domeoso else. She confirmed with the other desk person later. She was running behind but didn't think I was coming (since she was told I wasn't). She saw me sitting there after her previous appointment (I had never seen her so didn't know it was her) and when she saw me there when she got back from buying a coffee, she asked who I was waiting for. Imagine the shock! She stayed WAY late to do the full new patient appointment with me (two hours so full appointment plus an extra hour).

She works out of the Seattle campus too do so I may see her there instead so I don't have this office to deal with.

(Oh, well worth the wait!)

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

The front desk told her earlier today that her 2:45 new patient had cancelled and scheduled with domeoso else. She confirmed with the other desk person later. She was running behind but didn't think I was coming (since she was told I wasn't). She saw me sitting there after her previous appointment (I had never seen her so didn't know it was her) and when she saw me there when she got back from buying a coffee, she asked who I was waiting for. Imagine the shock! She stayed WAY late to do the full new patient appointment with me (two hours so full appointment plus an extra hour).

She works out of the Seattle campus too do so I may see her there instead so I don't have this office to deal with.

OMG...I was so afraid that’s what happened...She sounds like a keeper though!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gosh sorry that happened and you waited so long but glad you had a good resolution and that she was able to see you and take care of you despite the mix up. I have been there and waiting for hours on top of not feeling completely well sucks. It brings back very unhappy memories actually that I won't go into suffice to say I get how you must have been feeling and glad that is now over and done with and hope you never have to wait that long again.

And yes to the Seattle Campus. Definitely a good option!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh sorry that happened and you waited so long but glad you had a good resolution and that she was able to see you and take care of you despite the mix up. I have been there and waiting for hours on top of not feeling completely well sucks. It brings back very unhappy memories actually that I won't go into suffice to say I get how you must have been feeling and glad that is now over and done with and hope you never have to wait that long again.

And yes to the Seattle Campus. Definitely a good option!

It is horrible when you are stuck there just waiting! Thank goodness for cell phones to keep working on replying to messages and studying for exams.

The "normal" thyroid tests caught her attention as they range from okay-ish to barely "normal" so she is thinking that may be an issue. I get big blood work next month so she'll see if that is already ordered and add if needed. She ordered now tests on cholesterol. I forget what all she said, but it is a far more detailed set of tests than just LDL and whatever. Should help to identify if I have any sort of hormone imbalance or something. My blood pressure is also borderline. Almost too high sometimes and almost too low others. Not sure what can do that, but she seemed to know about handling it. (I'm a bit blurry as I was so tired and the waiting didn't help. Will get more as I message with her and at my follow up in a month)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is really happening!! I bought my concert tickets to see George Strait in Las Vegas. 6th row VIP. DH is staying home with the dogs so my aunt and I can go have an awesome weekend.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is really happening!! I bought my concert tickets to see George Strait in Las Vegas. 6th row VIP. DH is staying home with the dogs so my aunt and I can go have an awesome weekend.
Yay! Have a great time! You deserve it!

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last year I made a great sewing/cutting storage table. It had folding sides, was on wheels...overall was great! Until Sunday night...when it collapsed ;( MDF is NOT a great choice for building things (who knew???) :oops: So, I've been re-building it (with a few modifications) out of REAL wood over this past week. Here's my original:
cnUxGhVoiBugvpVY7yJ9Lad2s7ggRquXmxCj_76GZFnsUjgaBndKiBHfR3oYI7CGLvUquUylcl_JnSuu6goOWZ80gXc7oO4H2q3eMxsExViZFqB0TlijPCuHG-EDnwcMcOUQPkN74L2GisYmD2qTeFC7gyxr_y2uXD6HnLxKxgkehKphTch1AqL8ZlwZmMd0Xy3PB1lswCKGKu42gLkRCXERUDHwRt_XMtFOlzWwdB7YtffXJQYL2g41sD4dF47_tbY9AyDs4T3fkvifDfr-ayRYOVxazqWXv01-91oKQe0fiVLD1qKu6YhzDcESl1dwHuI7FtPvDrnosDmTH-s7WLSMO9UfUEmAczkZH8w9KfNDqcJxapr92ThTu4_NO3QHbUxytlPWVpDVEYvGVSHsUvqiwsuFCmXSXJCa8ojFIjB3ZPYpogNO8DdLkCyP9zkdIWurlFGWZ2HgN8P-Hl3HxKRJQ__5D1RDDPPjBEdBdvIkYWxzbHiP8-8qJk5C8HzP0P--3H9n9te9zoKD5fxyY7dEjd8p2UUPjK89vzDMDNbRLcNVZd3gPQpxHv-FA_TJl0NoyEqD7u4LvbgysTI-58x16URw0Gpbjp_NVSjkxnMbG5pqqk_1YYpnrwcUpyxqsBOn0x28THRI4wQxLBeurSmoerI4Yoo=w1725-h972-no

Here's what happened to it (don't mind the stuff on top, it's the center that broke...racking? I think it's called):
3_7A3rUU0m6dwSAf0at-xjmCVxg-J89VFOB1joHNyDEUiXZJ6MMQGiDQY1DioLcvcaddzx4LlLacv_Hv_vxRTTAg5NxpPWJvnEDfNXYAVyFnFteW3SU86N_4ijBdDArsChkhLNj8EunCcv5QZHuYzNTrewAzGBm1WOxeovLAGpXMh8SUBHqRgv4Igkxo-6heR13Ou6qwmlG4bT-n1tJuGh23hlZTVBk99r-pPa9W-2K0-eHpRjvO92WPGTjRdY4dcNvubCGbDdInzJxpMYrMg73nJJtNfMu0wWgdDHo9vpCPr5XyUOYZgtkvUj8CqZV7ZinWGgMl-fynfqmPB7VosgStZFbJsgHZYjIbY8oMCAqREb1cmACcCgHiLyZvQbtRVQa2T4rI1wsHEl7DqpFhiOjHqPPsdDDZpvo_XeTXHNkImrgnAKuOrlB3ywp0zVO0xcZC49sH60cddyipO0dJYDkbIqIsmqcGjFfyeBIFV_MkmGK30hq_R4uMpXcb_LjQaALgHn11iUMu2nsCKRMGqctIAIlvZ1lp5cRxhd4JV16g8KICkclWhQyrMfqRIBPNZiP9LXBe06lj_GSmYXm66_ACDSlZVC4pZSR2-wNHTKf0iJIt1yxA5rY_2kLa86M0uBAS2W97q7AJdURHO5GYOosEa5RQch0=w549-h972-no

And my progress with REAL wood so far:
upload_2019-3-1_7-51-28.png

I'm hoping to have this done by this weekend (like Saturday) so I can use it! :D I've missed having my cutting table!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last year I made a great sewing/cutting storage table. It had folding sides, was on wheels...overall was great! Until Sunday night...when it collapsed ;( MDF is NOT a great choice for building things (who knew???) :oops: So, I've been re-building it (with a few modifications) out of REAL wood over this past week. Here's my original:
cnUxGhVoiBugvpVY7yJ9Lad2s7ggRquXmxCj_76GZFnsUjgaBndKiBHfR3oYI7CGLvUquUylcl_JnSuu6goOWZ80gXc7oO4H2q3eMxsExViZFqB0TlijPCuHG-EDnwcMcOUQPkN74L2GisYmD2qTeFC7gyxr_y2uXD6HnLxKxgkehKphTch1AqL8ZlwZmMd0Xy3PB1lswCKGKu42gLkRCXERUDHwRt_XMtFOlzWwdB7YtffXJQYL2g41sD4dF47_tbY9AyDs4T3fkvifDfr-ayRYOVxazqWXv01-91oKQe0fiVLD1qKu6YhzDcESl1dwHuI7FtPvDrnosDmTH-s7WLSMO9UfUEmAczkZH8w9KfNDqcJxapr92ThTu4_NO3QHbUxytlPWVpDVEYvGVSHsUvqiwsuFCmXSXJCa8ojFIjB3ZPYpogNO8DdLkCyP9zkdIWurlFGWZ2HgN8P-Hl3HxKRJQ__5D1RDDPPjBEdBdvIkYWxzbHiP8-8qJk5C8HzP0P--3H9n9te9zoKD5fxyY7dEjd8p2UUPjK89vzDMDNbRLcNVZd3gPQpxHv-FA_TJl0NoyEqD7u4LvbgysTI-58x16URw0Gpbjp_NVSjkxnMbG5pqqk_1YYpnrwcUpyxqsBOn0x28THRI4wQxLBeurSmoerI4Yoo=w1725-h972-no

Here's what happened to it (don't mind the stuff on top, it's the center that broke...racking? I think it's called):
3_7A3rUU0m6dwSAf0at-xjmCVxg-J89VFOB1joHNyDEUiXZJ6MMQGiDQY1DioLcvcaddzx4LlLacv_Hv_vxRTTAg5NxpPWJvnEDfNXYAVyFnFteW3SU86N_4ijBdDArsChkhLNj8EunCcv5QZHuYzNTrewAzGBm1WOxeovLAGpXMh8SUBHqRgv4Igkxo-6heR13Ou6qwmlG4bT-n1tJuGh23hlZTVBk99r-pPa9W-2K0-eHpRjvO92WPGTjRdY4dcNvubCGbDdInzJxpMYrMg73nJJtNfMu0wWgdDHo9vpCPr5XyUOYZgtkvUj8CqZV7ZinWGgMl-fynfqmPB7VosgStZFbJsgHZYjIbY8oMCAqREb1cmACcCgHiLyZvQbtRVQa2T4rI1wsHEl7DqpFhiOjHqPPsdDDZpvo_XeTXHNkImrgnAKuOrlB3ywp0zVO0xcZC49sH60cddyipO0dJYDkbIqIsmqcGjFfyeBIFV_MkmGK30hq_R4uMpXcb_LjQaALgHn11iUMu2nsCKRMGqctIAIlvZ1lp5cRxhd4JV16g8KICkclWhQyrMfqRIBPNZiP9LXBe06lj_GSmYXm66_ACDSlZVC4pZSR2-wNHTKf0iJIt1yxA5rY_2kLa86M0uBAS2W97q7AJdURHO5GYOosEa5RQch0=w549-h972-no

And my progress with REAL wood so far:
upload_2019-3-1_7-51-28.png

I'm hoping to have this done by this weekend (like Saturday) so I can use it! :D I've missed having my cutting table!
Very nice! Yes..I hate mdf and particleboard...Some higher quality mdf is okay in some things but I like real wood..

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Yes..I hate mdf and particleboard...Some higher quality mdf is okay in some things but I like real wood..

We had some 1" thick MDF. I forget all the details, but super strong and even better than real wood. I still love real wood better!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I think there’s something wrong with me. I’d rather stay home than go to a big fancy gala where we get dressed up and dance. I love dancing. I don’t like crowds though and I sort of wish I could just stay home tomorrow evening. I’m such a stick in the freakin mud sometimes. This weather makes me want to hibernate though. ::)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I think there’s something wrong with me. I’d rather stay home than go to a big fancy gala where we get dressed up and dance. I love dancing. I don’t like crowds though and I sort of wish I could just stay home tomorrow evening. I’m such a stick in the freakin mud sometimes. This weather makes me want to hibernate though. ::)

Nothing wrong with you! I feel that way too. Even if it is something I know I always enjoy, it is just so nice to be home snuggled with the cats & dogs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results