shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Cozystitches I'm glad you were able to make a new pin cushion (and backup one) men sometimes are so detached they just don't understand how much we adore these little things, especially something we make with our own hands.

@Matata, I give you credit, those personal trainers push you to the limit but it does so much good for the body and mind. I was a daily gym rat for a while but never got the same results as when I was training. Not going to say it gets easier but I bet you will find it very worth it.

I am on day two of healthy eating, I love soup so made a big pot of vegistrone yesterday and although chopping everything was a pain, it's really good, even my kids like it. Felt like hell last night though since I'm so acclimated to lots of carbs. 215 on the scale this morning, I have to lose the weight because I feel and look terrible. Of course didn't get much sleep last night, the older kid has someone trying to punch him in the face on the bus and the little one tried to steal a lollipop this morning (like walked out the door with it, I made him put it back and apologize then a discussion ensued) so some major discussions at dinner tonight o_O
I need to lose weight too..Is there a thread where we can encourage each other? I need a diet buddy!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
You do! Mine is on 60 max, this is the Northeast if you're cold get a sweater, put a hat on go lay under a blanket but do not touch that thermostat lol!
My mom lives with us and has always had ice in her veins..really..anyway..I have to keep it at 72 upstairs and she still complains it’s too cold! At night when she’s in bed we run and turn it down to 67 so we can sleep without sweating..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean like your mother I am always cold but I'm also super cheap and hate paying a high electric bill. 72 would feel like a tropical island!

There is a health forum on PS not sure how active they are but you could always start one!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean like your mother I am always cold but I'm also super cheap and hate paying a high electric bill. 72 would feel like a tropical island!

There is a health forum on PS not sure how active they are but you could always start one!
It’s way too hot for us but she complains....When I was a child I remember her wearing a sweater on the beach when it was hot...It got worse as she got older. We feel steamed..:P2

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s way too hot for us but she complains....When I was a child I remember her wearing a sweater on the beach when it was hot...It got worse as she got older. We feel steamed..

I am always freezing. In my house my thermostat is even higher than 72 in the winter now. My body betrayed me as I aged. I always loved (and still love) the snow and never complain if there is one more snowstorm in the winter. I never wanted to live in the South. I recycle like crazy; I dress in layers inside the house to stay as warm as possible; I use small electric heaters in rooms where I spend a long time in one area...but I will not freeze in my own house.

(Gas heat. Do you have electric heat StephanieLynn?)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I need to lose weight too..Is there a thread where we can encourage each other? I need a diet buddy!

There was a weight loss post here in Hangouts. I forget who started it, but it was pretty active for awhile. Would love to see it going again!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am always freezing. In my house my thermostat is even higher than 72 in the winter now. My body betrayed me as I aged. I always loved (and still love) the snow and never complain if there is one more snowstorm in the winter. I never wanted to live in the South. I recycle like crazy; I dress in layers inside the house to stay as warm as possible; I use small electric heaters in rooms where I spend a long time in one area...but I will not freeze in my own house.

I feel this way about air conditioning. I can’t take the heat so we keep it at 71 in the summer which causes a huge electric bill..but both my husband and I can’t take the heat..I love to sleep with blankets even in the summer...so it has to be turned down..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Same here @AGBF in the winter I am always (generally) freezing. In the summer not so and I feel hot in the summer. Yes my body has betrayed me too.::)

72 would feel like a tropical island!

LOL you would be burning up in our house during the winter @StephanieLynn :oops2:

I feel this way about air conditioning. I can’t take the heat so we keep it at 71 in the summer which causes a huge electric bill..but both my husband and I can’t take the heat..I love to sleep with blankets even in the summer...so it has to be turned down..

We keep the heat at the house around 78 in the winter. It's crazy but the house feels cold in the winter if the heat is not at 78 or around there...sometimes we have it at 80.:geek2: We turn it down upstairs for sleeping and in the winter generally have it at 67 or so for sleeping. In the summer it's the opposite. We have it near 60 to sleep to feel comfortable and downstairs we need it cold too in order to feel comfy in the summer. Don't ask about our heating and cooling bills...:errrr:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Same here @AGBF in the winter I am always (generally) freezing. In the summer not so and I feel hot in the summer. Yes my body has betrayed me too.::)

LOL you would be burning up in our house during the winter @StephanieLynn :oops2:

We keep the heat at the house around 78 in the winter. It's crazy but the house feels cold in the winter if the heat is not at 78 or around there...sometimes we have it at 80.:geek2: We turn it down upstairs for sleeping and in the winter generally have it at 67 or so for sleeping. In the summer it's the opposite. We have it near 60 to sleep to feel comfortable and downstairs we need it cold too in order to feel comfy in the summer. Don't ask about our heating and cooling bills...:errrr:
Us too..We turn the air conditioning down to 67 at night..That’s the sweet spot for us to sleep..not that I sleep anyway..:(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought the satin pillowcases on Amazon. I was surprised how much they help to be honest. Second day waves are just okay, but better than second day normal pillowcase. My scalp is sensitive so I have to clarify more often too. It's a process though. My youngest daughter is doing it too, but she has much more wave to her hair.

I got satin pillowcase for Christmas. I'm still trying out the refresh. Today will be the second time ever doing so....we shall see. ;-) I also bought a bunch of products to help my waves, I'm trying to figure out what works best for me. I've also been watching a ton of videos to help with application of products.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We keep the heat at the house around 78 in the winter.

I didn't want to name that number, missy, but that is where my thermostat is now set. The downstairs is frigid. I am upstairs, where I am warm enough. I remember an old friend (a former teacher then teaching colleague) telling me that the reason houses were built as they once were was so that the upstairs would be kept warm in the winter and the downstairs would be kept cool in the summers. I miss her a lot. She died of ovarian cancer after a long and courageous battle with it after giving herself an eightieth birthday party. But that was years ago now. She always said what she would miss was to know what happened in the world. That she wished there was a little ho;e in neaven where she could peer down and see what was happening in the world. (But she, an Episcopalian, had stopped being a believer.) I thought it was a terrible pity that she missed out on Donald Trump. She was politically astute and so very interested in everything about economics. With the exception of Georgette Heyer novels (she left her entire collection to me), she almost exclusively read non-fiction. I couldn't keep up with her. She was my history high school teacher and at the time I had her as a teacher I thought she was terribly conservative. I remember telling her in class that I'd make a better president than LBJ. She said I had no idea what I was talking about. I said I would have advisors, that JFK had had advisors, well so would I! But at least I-unlike LBJ-would stop the Vietnam War!

I was probably not an easy student. :))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotta be my rebel self and push the thermostat ALLLL the way to 69 degrees!

Wooo! Do I know how to party or what?
After losing a tug-of-war with a cat over a blanket yesterday, I took inspiration from your rebellious nature and pumped the thermostat up to 72 degrees. Then I huddled on the couch under 2 inches of the blanket the cat reluctantly shared with me and waited for the energy police to break down the front door. It was soooo nice to have feeling return to my toes and to have the blue tinge leave my lips. Definitely worth the risk of incurring the wrath of my overly righteous environmentally committed therm-counting friends.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't have a reliable thermostat, and our small house has messed up HVAC zones. So it is set at 22C year round. We never touch it. I have my bedroom window open a little or a lot all winter. If we use our gas oven for cooking, it causes the furnace to stop because the thermostat is close by the kitchen. So the front of the house is always cold, and the back is always warm or hot. :eek2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s way too hot for us but she complains....When I was a child I remember her wearing a sweater on the beach when it was hot...It got worse as she got older. We feel steamed..:P2
This is me. Sweater in 95 degree heat. I take it off when the temperature reaches about 98. I hope it doesn’t get worse..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is me. Sweater in 95 degree heat. I take it off when the temperature reaches about 98. I hope it doesn’t get worse..

@House Cat have you had your thyroid checked? I only ask because low thyroid functioning can lead one to being cold often. I am dealing with this very issue so just wanted to mention it to you in case you have not had it checked.

Reactions: AV_

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@House Cat have you had your thyroid checked? I only ask because low thyroid functioning can lead one to being cold often. I am dealing with this very issue so just wanted to mention it to you in case you have not had it checked.
All levels are in normal range, but I did start cytomel (T3) anyway because of fatigue. This is how psychiatrists manage fatigue in bipolar patients. Stimulants and other drugs can cause mania. When I read the symptoms of hypothyroidism, I had most of them. Then I read that some people can have normal levels and still have hypothyroidism. Maybe that is me. I just got my dose up to 50 mcg. This is the maximum dose my doctor will give me. I’m anxious to see if anything changes.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All levels are in normal range, but I did start cytomel (T3) anyway because of fatigue. This is how psychiatrists manage fatigue in bipolar patients. Stimulants and other drugs can cause mania. When I read the symptoms of hypothyroidism, I had most of them. Then I read that some people can have normal levels and still have hypothyroidism. Maybe that is me. I just got my dose up to 50 mcg. This is the maximum dose my doctor will give me. I’m anxious to see if anything changes.

Did you get your thyroid antibodies checked? You could have Hashimoto’s and not yet be manifesting hypothyroidism. You should have your TPOs checked as well as free T3 free T4 and Reverse T3, as well as a complete iron panel. To name just a few necessary tests.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches Hey I'm doing the CG method too. I'm only a wavy girl, but I want to try embrace my natural hair in every way. My stylist agreed and cut my hair in some natural way to make it "easier". Well, it's not really easy! I'm loosely following the rules. No sulfates, no silicones, and using the micro fiber towel. Scrunching, air drying (sometimes diffusing). I find that satin pillowcases are a big help. I still have to wash my hair every other day, and I really don't use tons of extra products. Whatever. It's just another lifestyle change for now.

lyra, I'm a wavy-girl too! I've been trying all kinds of variations on the CG method for 4-5 years now. I found the microfiber did NOT work for my hair at all. An XL 100% cotton t-shirt works best for me.

I have tried nearly every shampoo, condition, product, trick, and routine. If you are interested, here is what works for me:
Wash with Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion shampoo
continue the rest of my shower, at the end fully wet my hair a gain and squish-to-condish (gently squish conditioner from the ends upward with head bend over) a tiny (less than dime-sized amount) of Shea Moisture Fruit Fusion conditioner in my hair.
Step out of shower and drape one t-shirt over my shoulders to collect the water. Do a few things and then use another t-shirt to *very gently* blot from the ends upwards. Just 3-4 times, I still want my hair pretty damp to encourage the most wave/curl.
Dry with WhisperLight Bio-Ionic hair dryer with a giant fingered diffuser. No moving it around, I just gently position it at the tips of my hair and press it up towards my scalp, hold for a little bit, then move on to another section. Continue doing this until you have mostly or all dry hair.

Believe it or not, conditioner at the end of my shower (NOT washed out!!) works a thousand times better than any product or combo of products to give me the most wave/curl PLUS volume and hold it throughout the day!!

Also, I browse PS and Instagram jewelry while diffusing. Perfect opportunity!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
;(Went shopping for a dressress
for stepson's wedding. Found formal gown for under $200 and spent $700 on the shoes. Some Italian guy. Too lazy to get out of bed to look. Tried on a gorgeous pair of Jimmy Choo and Louboutin but neither felt comfortable to wear for longer than a few minutes. And what would I do with a pair of $1300 shoes anyway. Retired and living in a town where couture is flannel and denim. Lol.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;(Went shopping for a dressress
for stepson's wedding. Found formal gown for under $200 and spent $700 on the shoes. Some Italian guy. Too lazy to get out of bed to look. Tried on a gorgeous pair of Jimmy Choo and Louboutin but neither felt comfortable to wear for longer than a few minutes. And what would I do with a pair of $1300 shoes anyway. Retired and living in a town where couture is flannel and denim. Lol.

Nice going @Matata. I love getting sweet deals on clothes/shoes/boots and have never spent more on a formal gown than around $200. More for bling right? I found a formal gown just the other week at Macy's for under $200 for our Spring gala but still need to get shoes. (Now I need to return the other gown option I got at Saks Off Fifth that was just over $200).

Hoping to spend no more than $50 on the shoes and preferably less. Or I just might wear my boots or ballet flats (depending on the weather) under the gown because I am going to hem it to floor length so you won't even see the shoes anyway. :P2

Personally I enjoy the search as much as the find especially because I am retired and have more time to enjoy the search. And yes my clothing choices at home are basically sweats and a T. Ain't (retired) life grand?8-)

Congrats @Matata on your stepson's engagement and upcoming wedding.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can relate from a different view. I would gladly pay the $600 for shoes to go with a $200 outfit if only I could find even ONE PAIR that I could wear in comfort. Believe me, I've tried them all. I've spend $$$ only to have to donate the shoes because after wearing them once I was crippled for days. I have bad arthritis in my feet. I have 2 weddings coming up and I'm actually considering wearing the blingy sneakers that are popular. If they are comfortable. I've turned down so many invitations because I can't wear shoes!:cry2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can relate from a different view. I would gladly pay the $600 for shoes to go with a $200 outfit if only I could find even ONE PAIR that I could wear in comfort. Believe me, I've tried them all. I've spend $$$ only to have to donate the shoes because after wearing them once I was crippled for days. I have bad arthritis in my feet. I have 2 weddings coming up and I'm actually considering wearing the blingy sneakers that are popular. If they are comfortable. I've turned down so many invitations because I can't wear shoes!:cry2:

Wear those blingy sneakers @lyra ! Don’t miss out on the fun occasions. Wear what’s comfy girl and enjoy celebrating with your friends. :appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

It truly is awefu and people don't understand. My feet have been swelling badly for the last couple of years to where it is only recently I can get them into DH's socks and either his shoes or my old pair kept around for gardening. I can't find dress shoes that fit even if I go up several sizes. I walk around in sandals 99% of the time since it is very painful when my feet swell worse in socks/shoes. I've gotten good at wearing things that sort of work with sandals but it definitely still impacts my wanting to go out. It is uncomfortable and I can't help but be anxious that someone will comment (again) on sandals in heavy rain or 30 degree temperature.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too Patient, Live and enjoy your life. Life is too short not to have fun. If someone thinks it’s weird, who cares. Most people are so busy with their lives, the probably won’t give it more than a seconds notice or thought. If someone said something to you about it, just say it’s due to a medical condition.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TooPatient I can wear one pair of sandals too. They're not even dressy. It's okay for summer things, but fall and winter are way too cold here to get away with them. I'm going to look for a pair of slightly elevated ballet type flats. I have a pair in mind, so we'll see if I can actually wear them. Even sneakers hurt sometimes. I'm looking forward to going to the wedding this fall if I can just find shoes. Then who knows? It would be nice to get out more.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My doctor put me on Cytomel but it didn’t do anything to help my fatigue. I hope it works for you. I gave it a try for a year...I’m still tired..:confused2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My doctor put me on Cytomel but it didn’t do anything to help my fatigue. I hope it works for you. I gave it a try for a year...I’m still tired..:confused2:

Aww @Mamabean being tired sucks. (I know firsthand).

Are you taking anything else now for your thyroid and how is your thyroid and your thyroid antibodies? I am sorry because I have a feeling we discussed it before but my memory (thanks thyroid!) fails me...
(and if you don't feel like discussing just ignore me or email me if you want to discuss offline).

(((Hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results