carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
15443863298263492700305466127647.jpg
The current rig . Note the new rgb heatsink!
I’m pretty handy..which is funny if you see me in person..but I have put in a slate walkway set in concrete I mixed myself...and numerous other non-female expected projects at the time...etc..My husband is not handy at all so I’m the one that did all the stuff that needed to be done when we were very young and didn’t have the extra funds..I met him at nineteen years old..I used to rewire lamps and outlets..wire chandeliers and install them...but I stop at anything as complicated as putting a computer together! I do understand why you do it because I do love to solve problems and can imagine how you feel when you turn it on..but..nope..I bow to you! :lol:

If you can figure out a lamp, building a PC isn't going to phase you much...lol The 5 hours I spent yesterday was more about cable management. The new cases you have the ability to really beautify and hide stuff including having a basement for the PSU. My old case did not have that and is a big ol mess of wires.

speaking of,since I got a heatsink with the 2700x AND it will fit AM3 boards, I totally used it on the current computer. It was prepasted so even better! Honestly it takes about 10 minutes stick on a heatsink. I think people totally freak about it but meh, its really not a big deal. Its pretty darn ginormous though!!

Usually my cpu runs 50C under load. today its running at a very steady 39C :mrgreen2: While I was in there I did update the case fans because they are really old (as old as the case I believe!) I went with Noctua redux NF-R8-1800 because them bad boys were on sale!!!

Night and day in terms of how quiet the machine is now. also I don't doubt I get better efficient air flow too.

@TooPatient custom loop or AIO? I want to give custom a try someday ..but they can be so pricey. (I need to make more money!!!)

Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
15443863298263492700305466127647.jpg
The current rig . Note the new rgb heatsink!

If you can figure out a lamp, building a PC isn't going to phase you much...lol The 5 hours I spent yesterday was more about cable management. The new cases you have the ability to really beautify and hide stuff including having a basement for the PSU. My old case did not have that and is a big ol mess of wires.

speaking of,since I got a heatsink with the 2700x AND it will fit AM3 boards, I totally used it on the current computer. It was prepasted so even better! Honestly it takes about 10 minutes stick on a heatsink. I think people totally freak about it but meh, its really not a big deal. Its pretty darn ginormous though!!

Usually my cpu runs 50C under load. today its running at a very steady 39C :mrgreen2: While I was in there I did update the case fans because they are really old (as old as the case I believe!) I went with Noctua redux NF-R8-1800 because them bad boys were on sale!!!

Night and day in terms of how quiet the machine is now. also I don't doubt I get better efficient air flow too.

@TooPatient custom loop or AIO? I want to give custom a try someday ..but they can be so pricey. (I need to make more money!!!)

AIO. We went with the liqtech TR4 240. It has been working great despite mediocre reviews. When I did this build, it was the only that covered the full thread ripper.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coloring my hair! Told the lady to surprise me. Open to whatever. Showed her a couple dozen pictures I like rangiha from mild color to wild. Excited to see what happens!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg I love your hair @TooPatient, kind of reminds me of what a perfect unicorn tail would look like!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my first year selling on Etsy and so far I've had 317 sales, to be honest I'm kind of surprised. Starting out I would have been happy with 100 sales my first year, some shops go six months and have to network like crazy to get the first sale. All my sales are either from Etsy search direct or Google, no Instagram or Facebook and no blog or website.

I'm very happy the store had done so well and just wanted to share since sharing on the Etsy boards wth so many shops struggling would be a bit insensitive. It will be interesting to see what the year closes with, maybe 350 :dance:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is my first year selling on Etsy and so far I've had 317 sales, to be honest I'm kind of surprised. Starting out I would have been happy with 100 sales my first year, some shops go six months and have to network like crazy to get the first sale. All my sales are either from Etsy search direct or Google, no Instagram or Facebook and no blog or website.

I'm very happy the store had done so well and just wanted to share since sharing on the Etsy boards wth so many shops struggling would be a bit insensitive. It will be interesting to see what the year closes with, maybe 350 :dance:
Yay @StephanieLynn! The great sales are because you are listing quality items. I can see from the other thread the type of items you are finding at sales. You have great taste. And you're a sweet girl, too!:wavey:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah thank you so much for the sweet compliment @stracci2000, you are pretty sweet yourself!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn congrats, that is awesome!

@TooPatient WOW! Your hair looks amazing! I had to show my daughter, who is 6 and a half. She was enthralled and said "that looks so beautiful!" I agree!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn congrats, that is awesome!

@TooPatient WOW! Your hair looks amazing! I had to show my daughter, who is 6 and a half. She was enthralled and said "that looks so beautiful!" I agree!

Thank you! I always wanted to do something like this but never had the courage to go through with it. So glad I did!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn that is wonderful! Congratulations on a great first year. Hoping for many more to come!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow that is quite the accomplishment @StephanieLynn :appl:Here's to 350 (plus) before the year is out!
This should be internalized by all people and especially young women. Go for it and never stop reaching for the stars. Because you never know what you can achieve if you don't take the chance. You're a great role model for your children.:appl:

I always wanted to do something like this but never had the courage to go through with it. So glad I did!

Yes @TooPatient so glad you went for it. Looks amazing!

Good for you @StephanieLynn and @TooPatient .

@Arcadian nice work! Super impressive.:love:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just wanna say that I just purchased this hamster for christmas from "Santa" for my four year old as her first pet and ive been effectively hiding her; thank god 4 year olds are short!
But now IM IN love with her and I dont want to share her because shes the cutest thing in the world!
I purchased her from a chain store and they all acted afraid of her while getting her in the box; they didnt even handle her and said that because she was large and not a tiny robo or dwarf hamster that nobody purchased her for months (usually each hamster only stays there for a week.) From the moment I took her out she has been such a sweety. She has her own personality and is just.....she will give anyone a rotten tooth! Shes never bit me which I was prepared for and shocked at because every site online describes how hand taming is a long process (about a month) but I swear this girl is just so sweet and came tame. I can hold her and cuddle her and kiss her little head. She follows me everywhere in her ball and even naps in her cage like a human. Also how adorable is she when she eats the treats that I give her?!?!
Shes a bigger girl, quite large for a Syrian long haired hamster or "Teddy Bear" Hamster. She also matches my hair and is ashy brown. I'm not sure why it photographs as light brown in photos because its almost gray in rl.

Tired and annoyed yet of my obsession with her? Well you and my fiance have something in common!
Here's some cute photos of her that will hopefully make you understand (;

I present; Dove (:
Or "Dovey" when I'm giving her cuddles!

20181215_195013.jpg 20181213_201133.jpg 20181212_195752.jpg
Also her little pink cage was just a temporary cage that I bought and used while I built her bigger one out of an old guinea pig cage. It had to be modified because the bars were spaced too far. I think I'm gonna use the pink one as a travel cage to and from the vet.

Oh and because this is the random thread....heres the ginger bread house I built with my daughter. Ignore my notspotless-
livedinkitchen.
20181214_141655.jpg
20181214_141703.jpg 20181214_141754.jpg

And if none of those two things tickled your fancy heres a random handful of gems that I found at a gem show in El Paso for 20$ (:
Good day sir!
20181208_225508.jpg

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Garnetgirl, omg I love her! How freakin cute is she with her little snack in her hands (paws). I don't blame you, I wouldn't be able to give her up either. That gingerbread house is pretty rockin' too :lickout:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TheGarnetGirl , Your happiness jumps off the page in your post! You found the perfect addition to your family with this furbaby. She sounds like a sweetheart. You daughter is going to be as thrilled as her mom when she meets her. Are you letting your daughter name her or have you picked out a name for her?

I can’t wait for my 4 year old niece to open her presents and hear her little sqeals of joy.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@TheGarnetGirl, she's gorgeous! I just love all animals, big and small.
Nice gingerbread house! I made one from a kit a few years ago, and we ate every bit of it, even when it was hard and stale...........:eek2:
And the gems........so luscious! Like little glistening candies! MMMmmmmm...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who loves lemon and chocolate together? I got you....

Today at the grocery store I spot.....chocolate lemon Milanos from Pepperidge Farm :shock: I don't think my arm has ever moved so fast in my life and let me tell you they are awesome with a cup of coffee :lickout: Plus they were on sale, I mean it was all just too good.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
chocolate lemon Milanos from Pepperidge Farm
GAH, no, the temptation is too much...must have. A former acquaintance of mine was a professional baker. She used to make the best lemon meringue pie. She spread a layer of dark chocolate on top of the bottom crust so you got a delectable delicious deliriously scrumptious hit of tart lemon and chocolate with every bite. It was heavenly.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Matata thats sounds amazing! There is a bakery about half an hour from us that makes a chocolate lemon pie, it's a lemon filling with a thick layer of chocolate fudge on top, it is my absolute favorite thing.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn and @Matata those all just sound too amazing! Unfortunately (luckily?) my attention span and memory are short so by the time I get into the store, I will have forgotten them and I will be left with the apples that came in my produce delivery.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So close to Christmas break....sooooo close.... #teachertired #teachingindecemberiscrazy

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm so excited about a gift I'm giving....well, I still have to finish making it...but still...I can't wait. It may have an embarrassing picture (yet hilarious and well known) of a family member. Where's the devilish smilie.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'll try to remember to post pictures after Christmas....

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my dog, Hero, out to walk today. I had his prong collar (positive correction collar) on him, but not his muzzle. Before we went onto the street I made sure he was under control by working on having him sit and stay,even when i opened the gate, before I took him out.

I am not sure what happened, but a few minutes into the walk I "literally" fell on my face when he pulled me...and he did not pull me terribly hard. This wasn't some outrageous attempt to get away! I may have been doing too many things with my hands. I am trying to think why the fall was so bad. I can only think that perhaps Iit was so bad because I did not break the fall at all. And I mean not at all. Until just now, hours after the fall, I didn't realize that I must always have broken every fall and that this time I didn't even attempt to do so. I held onto the dog. I don't know what else I was doing with my hands. I know I had been giving him treats as rewards. I had a poop bag in one pocket. I had tissues (runny nose from the cold) in one pocket. When I fell I went straight down on my face. My glasses took some impact, but pushed into my nose. My nose and mouth got cut up. My head felt jarred. I later wondered if a slight headache could even mean I had gotten a concussion! I was pretty bloody. And I had skinned knees under my jeans. The dog was wonderful. I made him turn around and go home and he didn't complain at all. Later in the day-in the evening-he went to the gate when I let him out and was sniffing around it. My daughter was laughing because she heard me tell him that I understood he was frustrated; he had had an unreliable dog walker today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results