shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy. At this point I've accepted the loss of Fiona. I've also accepted that she is not someone I want in my life or to spend anymore time on. Fool me once.....

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy. At this point I've accepted the loss of Fiona. I've also accepted that she is not someone I want in my life or to spend anymore time on. Fool me once.....
You know Steph, I recently went out of my way to help a few acquaintances who both screwed me over in the end.
I swore that I wouldn't be helping anyone again. But I know myself, and it is hard to say "no" when asked for help by someone.
But I will be sure to think twice before helping an acquaintance in in the future.
I know you are still thinking of Fiona and Murphy. It gets less painful, but we never forget our furbabies.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Isn't it just the worst feeling @stracci2000?

The holidays exasperate feelings I think. It won't stop me from helping others but I will not be helping her anymore, she can call someone else!

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
they-say-people-are-smarter-than-animals-but-animals-dont-14822655.png

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn I am thoroughly shocked by your neighbour's behaviour! Unbelievable. :angryfire: I would never dare even think about asking a neighbour to help me out. I would pay for a nurse if I needed help like that. But to not consider your feelings afterward, and what you were going through is just bad manners and thoughtless. If it had been me, which would never happen, I would have said just go be with your dog and I'll manage. Some people.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, you are a thoughtful person but not everyone is that way. I'm pretty sure she only called me because I'm the only one of her "friends" that doesn't work outside the home and they cry poor even though hair done, nails done, new clothes. A nurse would take away from the glam funds!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My mom just called me. Their cat Simon (very old but not sure how old as he was a rescue) just died. We saw him yesterday and he was just laying in his cat bed all day. He had been ill for a long while now but it is still very sad. At least he is at peace now.

RIP Simon. We love you.

A photo from March of Zena (sister's dog) and Simon.

Simonandzena.jpg
I’m so sorry Missy..I don’t know how I missed this..I feel so bad..I hope your mom is okay..

elliefire99

Brilliant_Rock
I may need to bribe myself with a diamond per class per quarter in order to survive the next 31 weeks until I graduate. My group project is trying my patience and taking every bit of stress management I have in me. Very frustrating!

Lol. I feel you. 21 weeks for me and soo tired. In fact, I am avoiding a term paper rn while on PS :whistle:
In the past 10 weeks, I think I have dedicated as much, if not more time to learning about diamonds and my e-ring search than to my actual course content and research. :lol: Whoops.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had surgery yesterday. I have posted that I was going to have it, but I stopped posting about it. I was frightened about the anesthesia. In the end I did not get the licensed anesthesiologist I had been promised, but a nurse anesthetist. And, although I had been told I would only have the sedation one has for a colonoscopy, I was given general anesthesia. The great news is that I was very impressed by the nurse anesthetist. She spent far more time with me than the anesthesiologists who have taken care of me for colonosopies or my one other surgery. (And I remember to flirt with her as ksinger suggested!)

I am still wearing a patch behind my left ear that was put on me to protect against nausea. I was told to leave it on for about three days and then to wash my hands thoroughly because if I touched my eye after taking it off I would really regret it! I had almost no pain at all, so they didn't even give me the prescription for a painkiller that the brochure said they would.

Funny moment: In the recovery room I told the nurse I was starting to get a headache and asked if I could take something for it. My migraine meds were in my purse, but my purse was locked in the trunk of my brother's car and I knew they would have to run my prescription through the hospital pharmacy even if I could retrieve them.

So the nurse said she would give me some fentanyl. I said, could I have some Tylenol? I didn't think I needed something that strong. She said, "No" because I had been given Tylenol IV in the OR and I had to wait another five hours until i could take more. So she gave me fentanyl!

I thanked her but said probably a cup of coffee would have done the trick! She said that was coming soon. The coffee was great, but my mouth (as had been predicted) was dry. So when I got two English muffin halves with butter to eat that turned to a substance like clay and I couldn't swallow them! It was most disappointing!

My wonderful brother is still here taking my daughter to her community college for a three hour class. She still tries to get my attention all day and demands things of me, but at least yesterday and today he has been able to drive her around and cook for her. In fact, we may even have had a breakthough. She claims he has taught her how to make her own scrambled eggs (something I have been doing for her every morning).

Sorry for saga.... This is my big news for now. ;))

We...I do have one more bit of news. My niece, who lived in Spain for three years, taught Spanish in a Connecticut high school, and is now getting a Ph.D in Spanish at the University of Michigan is pregnant! She is due in April. She is the older of my brother's two daughters and both of them will be coming East for Christmas!

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like animals more than most people.

Back in August my neighbor had hip surgery (she is in her 30's) and called me on the phone to ask if I could come take care of her, help her up and down to the bathroom, get her snacks etc. Well this also happened to be the same time my beloved dog got sick and was in the hospital with kidney failure. Whatever day neighbor needed me I was there, texted to check up on her etc. Here I was caring for her and making decisions about how far to go with treatment for the dog.

Then I got the call from the vet that I had to go, she wasn't going to make it, I had told neighbor that I would sit with her since her husband had to take the kids to football, I feel really badly about having to leave her alone. Here I was feeling guilty about having to put my dog to sleep.

Well since then I have not gotten a text, a phone call, absolutely nothing from her. So I was important enough when she needed me but not anymore. And that makes me so mad because I could have spent more time with my dog instead of wasting it on her.

Rant over
I’m so sorry about the loss of your dog..and the stress you had to go through with your neighbor at the same time. You seem like a really nice person and you did what you did for her because you are a good person. Yes..she probably is a taker and not a giver like you.
I had that happen to me a long time ago. My son is autistic and my neighbor..younger than me...told me I caused my son’s autism and walked away...I was so upset..That was something people thought like forty years ago..and she was a social worker..pretty scary that she was helping people..Anyway..she developed multiple sclerosis and she had little children. It was pretty bad and her husband worked a lot. She would call me and ask me to help her move furniture, etc..I would go over there and help her knowing she was using me..but I wouldn’t stoop to her level..You did the right thing..although I feel bad you didn’t spend extra time with your dog..I’m so sorry for that.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol. I feel you. 21 weeks for me and soo tired. In fact, I am avoiding a term paper rn while on PS :whistle:
In the past 10 weeks, I think I have dedicated as much, if not more time to learning about diamonds and my e-ring search than to my actual course content and research. :lol: Whoops.

I'm in capstone presentations right now. Supposed to be watching the other groups present progress from the quarter...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean, what a horrible thing to say to a person, why would she even dream to say something like that?! I give you a heap ton of credit for helping her after that, I don't know that I would have done the same.

Of course I feel terribly about missing that time with Fiona BUT in a couple of months I will have my Fiona pendant that Sally at HOW is making me so then I will always have her with me :kiss2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Mamabean, what a horrible thing to say to a person, why would she even dream to say something like that?! I give you a heap ton of credit for helping her after that, I don't know that I would have done the same.

Of course I feel terribly about missing that time with Fiona BUT in a couple of months I will have my Fiona pendant that Sally at HOW is making me so then I will always have her with me :kiss2:
Yes..It was mean..but she was like that...and I have trouble saying no. I’m not sure I would help her now that I’m older unless she needed me for a medical emergency or to pick up a prescription for her.
What does HOW stand for? I have more trouble with the abbreviations on here..I know most of them but not this one. What a lovely idea to remember Fiona..

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh sorry! Heart of Water, she has a shop on Etsy! @Mamabean

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn , The holidays do exasperate feelings. People miss people and pets they loved. It’s a huge loss. I’m sorry this woman hurt you.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had surgery yesterday. I have posted that I was going to have it, but I stopped posting about it. I was frightened about the anesthesia. In the end I did not get the licensed anesthesiologist I had been promised, but a nurse anesthetist. And, although I had been told I would only have the sedation one has for a colonoscopy, I was given general anesthesia. The great news is that I was very impressed by the nurse anesthetist. She spent far more time with me than the anesthesiologists who have taken care of me for colonosopies or my one other surgery. (And I remember to flirt with her as ksinger suggested!)

I am still wearing a patch behind my left ear that was put on me to protect against nausea. I was told to leave it on for about three days and then to wash my hands thoroughly because if I touched my eye after taking it off I would really regret it! I had almost no pain at all, so they didn't even give me the prescription for a painkiller that the brochure said they would.

Funny moment: In the recovery room I told the nurse I was starting to get a headache and asked if I could take something for it. My migraine meds were in my purse, but my purse was locked in the trunk of my brother's car and I knew they would have to run my prescription through the hospital pharmacy even if I could retrieve them.

So the nurse said she would give me some fentanyl. I said, could I have some Tylenol? I didn't think I needed something that strong. She said, "No" because I had been given Tylenol IV in the OR and I had to wait another five hours until i could take more. So she gave me fentanyl!

I thanked her but said probably a cup of coffee would have done the trick! She said that was coming soon. The coffee was great, but my mouth (as had been predicted) was dry. So when I got two English muffin halves with butter to eat that turned to a substance like clay and I couldn't swallow them! It was most disappointing!

My wonderful brother is still here taking my daughter to her community college for a three hour class. She still tries to get my attention all day and demands things of me, but at least yesterday and today he has been able to drive her around and cook for her. In fact, we may even have had a breakthough. She claims he has taught her how to make her own scrambled eggs (something I have been doing for her every morning).

We...I do have one more bit of news. My niece, who lived in Spain for three years, taught Spanish in a Connecticut high school, and is now getting a Ph.D in Spanish at the University of Michigan is pregnant! She is due in April. She is the older of my brother's two daughters and both of them will be coming East for Christmas!
I’m glad your surgery is over..Now you can relax and enjoy the season..I hope you feel better soon..Baby news is so wonderful..:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sending you healing hugs and keeping you in my thoughts @AGBF. Glad the surgery is over and went smoothly and hope you are not in any discomfort. The patch you have behind your ear will keep your mouth dry so drink lots of water and once the patch is off that symptom will be gone. (((Hugs))).

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Feel better soon @AGBF!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg and lol. Talk about instant gratification. I ordered something late last night from jet.com and BAM. Delivered to our front door just now. Less than 11 hours from order to delivery. That’s even more efficient than Amazon and at a better price too. :))

How did we live before this instant gratification re deliveries. 8)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For you @AGBF

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 8.01.12 AM.png

(((Hugs))) Deb.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your good wishes Mamabean, missy, StephanieLynn, and Calliecake. I was really frightened about this surgery. It had originally been scheduled for October 2 and my husband had gotten train tickets to come to support me through the ordeal. But then a blood test I had at my pre-op physical showed an abnormal clotting time so my surgery was cancelled at the last minute and I was sent to a hematologist.

My husband used his train tickets at Thanksgiving, so he didn't feel he could just turn around and come back in early December. I was trying to think of friends who were not working (and who were not male) who would take me to the hospital and home when my brother volunteered. But by then I had had more time to worry and also to worry about my blood thing.

To make this a little shorter, I wanted to express that this was an ordeal for me and colored my enjoyment of life for the past few months. I am used to colonoscopies and all sorts of procedures done in gynecologist's offices, but not surgeries under general anesthesia. Plus I felt really alone until my brother steeped up. Mamabean is right on target about how this surgery being over frees me to relax and enjoy the season! Again, I thank all of you for your support.

Hugs all around,
Deb

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you are feeling better Deb. I hope the rest of the season is a good one for you. I'm glad your brother was there for you and your daughter.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad things went well for you @AGBF. I'm so sorry you felt alone and anxious these past few months. How great that it's over and you can now relax and enjoy the holiday season. I'm really glad your brother was there for you. I wish I lived closer, I would have been happy to help you. Sending lots of love and hugs to you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF checking in on you to see how you are feeling today...hope you are feeling better and doing well. Keeping you in my thoughts. (((Hugs))).

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))....(((Group Hug)))! I’m the one second from left! ;)2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):)):))....(((Group Hug)))! I’m the one second from left! ;)2

Right back at ya I can safely say from all of us to you @Mamabean dear...you are a breath of fresh air here and so happy you are here!

slider_grouphugg.gif

hugs000001.gif

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Right back at ya I can safely say from all of us to you @Mamabean dear...you are a breath of fresh air here and so happy you are here!

slider_grouphugg.gif

hugs000001.gif
Thank you Missy! I LOVE being here..:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results