shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had my SIL over last night, she didn't know she was getting a gift. I bought a heart shaped necklace with rose cut garnets from RubyLane over the summer but wanted to have a bit of fun with wrapping it up.

All year long we have been saving our takeout ketchup packets thinking we would use them as part of her gift. My eleven year old son suggested wrapping the ketchup packets in layers of plastic wrap with the gift in the middle. So that's what I did, I used a whole roll of plastic wrap.

The funny part was when she had to unwrap it she put it down on the floor to roll it thinking it was one continuous piece. We were in hysterics when one small piece came off and she realized she would have to peel layer by layer to get to the middle :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I'm so sorry for your fall! When I fell out of the passenger side of my car last year (caught one foot on a wire), I just flat out fell, no notice and it was so fast I took all the force on my knees and elbows. It winded me from the pain and shock. Do you think it all just happened too fast for you to react? My fall was basically being clotheslined by the feet but it happened so fast! Anyway, I hope you feel okay and there is no damage. I didn't want to go out for a while after my fall. I was just wasn't confident in myself after that, but I am more cognizant of pitfalls now. Hope you are okay.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF I hope you are feeling better!

We use a collar recommended by our trainer. It basically pinches (bit releases as soon as pressure from leash is relaxed) but doesn't have prongs. I know a few people at this place swapped over from prongs as it made dogs less likely to pull.

My big guys wear a collar and a harness. One leash on each then the leashes each wrap up a different arm. It is a pain and I don't have any free hands (which might be great since I can't get distracted) but my one guy is prone to pull (and is very strong) when he wants to sniff anything. Another is even stronger than him and, even though he hasn't pulled much yet, the double leash is a reminder to me that he can pull and I have to be aware.
This would be awful if we had dogs who walked for exercise. Can only do one per person per walk so we couldn't take all at the same time. Luckily (if you call it that), walking for miles does nothing for these guys so they get other forms of exercise that don't need leashes. (Plus sheep herding with plenty of people around who love to hold a leash!)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF, I'm so sorry about your fall, sounds like it was a little scary and upsetting...sending healing vibes and I hope you are doing ok. (Hugs)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for finding the time to reply to me on Christmas Eve lyra, TooPatient, and junebug. I don't have the time to be on Pricescope and I assume none of you do either! I have cooking and wrapping to do, but at least my house is now clean and I have all my ingredients and I also ordered new eyeglasses since my current pair got ruined in my fall. I am not even sure Hero pulled me. I may just have fallen. He never left my side and walked home as soon as I told him we were turning around. I love that boy.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

Deb :wavey:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apparently want ravioli.

DH put an ice pack in the freezer and commented that we have ravioli. I got super excited even though I don't remember buying ravioli (why would I buy frozen instead of fresh?!?) but it is possible... Not ravioli. GF pizza crust. Sad. :confused2:
Oh well, better for me anyway.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apparently want ravioli.

DH put an ice pack in the freezer and commented that we have ravioli. I got super excited even though I don't remember buying ravioli (why would I buy frozen instead of fresh?!?) but it is possible... Not ravioli. GF pizza crust. Sad. :confused2:
Oh well, better for me anyway.

I would like ravioli, too. I used to eat linguini with clam sauce (red) every Christmas Eve. Now I am thin and very rarely eat carbs. I would rather be eating pasta. ;))

Merry Christmas, TooPatient!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and the kids go to MIL's house for Christmas Eve, I stay home so that will give you some indication of our relationship. Despite this, she always gets me a gift, some years are better than others.

Well this year she seems to have taken notice that I gained weight and bought me 2x pajamas! Even better the size is technically 18W-20W.:confused2:

I guess it could be worse, she could have gotten me plus size lingerie. Gotta look on the bright side!

Merry Christmas to all of you!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My daughter isn't coming to the extended family Christmas celebration. She sent out for cooked spaghetti since she doesn't cook and either I have to make her pasta or she has me pay through the nose for someone to else (a restaurant) to cook it. And today, since I am cooking, I also paid for the delivery. I have a headache. She stole from me on my credit card before Christmas and I was going to let it go, but now I am afraid she is trying to send money to a man in Uruguay (from Walgreen's)...so I am insisting on being paid back. It made for arguing this morning. Thus the headache. Dare I ask, "Why on Christmas?" The answer will be, "Why not on Christmas?" This is my life every day.

So I hear you, StephanieLynn. Merry Christmas. I am glad I am going to see my family today, especially my niece who is expecting!!! She and her husband came in from Michigan and her younger sister is in from California. They are my brother's daughters and both are wonderful. :))

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry about your troubles with your daughter @AGBF, I'm glad you are getting to spend time with family today and how exciting that there will be a new family member on the way in 2019!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@StephanieLynn Wow at your MIL. I found it quite funny. So passive aggressive. I think my oldest daughter is going to have a MIL just like that. Can't wait. She proclaimed to us no gifts this year, and gave us one anyway, probably just to make us feel bad. Oh well. I couldn't care less to be honest.

@AGBF I'm sorry you have to be a full time caretaker for your adult daughter. Have you looked into group homes? Not trying to be rude, I just wonder if anything would help her be more independent. It must be extremely tiring to deal with that daily.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness deb, please take care. I've never had to use a harness but sounds like that might not be a bad idea. (Lucky will statue in a harness, so I stopped trying, she does fantastic in her martingale)

So ... I'm working today. Yeah well that would figure....:lol: But I'm taking my time. I'm resetting up java/maven/eclipse, nodejs, etc that was on my old machine to the new one. It works so well...love how fast it is!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and the kids go to MIL's house for Christmas Eve, I stay home so that will give you some indication of our relationship. Despite this, she always gets me a gift, some years are better than others.

Well this year she seems to have taken notice that I gained weight and bought me 2x pajamas! Even better the size is technically 18W-20W.:confused2:

I guess it could be worse, she could have gotten me plus size lingerie. Gotta look on the bright side!

I’m sorry Stephanielynn. Is it really that difficult to be kind? SMH

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lyra, I'm sorry that your daughter might be inheriting a less than wonderful MIL, it is an uphill battle but at least she has a wonderful mother on her side.

@Calliecake, for some people it really is hard, oh well I can find the humor, somewhat lol!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well she's a peach. Send them back with a note saying they were too small for you but they look like they'd fit her, so you'd love to see her at least get to enjoy them! :confused: :Up_to_something:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
First time posting in this section. Random ruminations and off the wall comments are the norm?

There are actually three rings a man must deal with, when it comes to marriage, and/or getting married.
The engagement ring
The wedding ring
And the suffe-ring....
:Up_to_something::bigsmile:

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just want to whine...

Hubs was putting up the new blinds in the living room. Now this particular spot has my sewing desk (and fabric). It's mostly contained (ok it's all in one spot), I try to keep it neat and organized. He's getting all pissy because he can't reach the top. He's on the step ladder. So he pulls my desk out and down goes a teacup pincushion that I made. You guessed it, it broke. Now, it was cheap (thrift store buy was like $2). He's like "oh guess your thing broke". I'm just sad. He doesn't care. Went to the bedroom while he finished. Came out, and he said "sorry about your thing." I know he's sorry but his tone never sounds like he is, just sounds blase' . I know whine, whine whine.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grateful for awesome insurance and helpful pharmacy and so much. Reminding myself of this as I am exhausted after more than three hours on the phone sorting out the first prescription of the year.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm thankful for this group and this thread. We can post things that most people won't understand or care about. After Tuesday's issue with my pincushion (which I've created two more, but still miss the pretty one that broke), I've had better days. :) Currently following the Curly Girl Method (not strict) and learning about my hair. Its actually wavy, and I"m loving it! Today I'm trying a new routine: Homemade Flaxseed Gel mixed with Aussie Freeze...hopefully it works. ;-)

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First day at the gym working with a personal trainer. Oy.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches I'm glad you were able to make a new pin cushion (and backup one) men sometimes are so detached they just don't understand how much we adore these little things, especially something we make with our own hands.

@Matata, I give you credit, those personal trainers push you to the limit but it does so much good for the body and mind. I was a daily gym rat for a while but never got the same results as when I was training. Not going to say it gets easier but I bet you will find it very worth it.

I am on day two of healthy eating, I love soup so made a big pot of vegistrone yesterday and although chopping everything was a pain, it's really good, even my kids like it. Felt like hell last night though since I'm so acclimated to lots of carbs. 215 on the scale this morning, I have to lose the weight because I feel and look terrible. Of course didn't get much sleep last night, the older kid has someone trying to punch him in the face on the bus and the little one tried to steal a lollipop this morning (like walked out the door with it, I made him put it back and apologize then a discussion ensued) so some major discussions at dinner tonight o_O

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches Hey I'm doing the CG method too. I'm only a wavy girl, but I want to try embrace my natural hair in every way. My stylist agreed and cut my hair in some natural way to make it "easier". Well, it's not really easy! I'm loosely following the rules. No sulfates, no silicones, and using the micro fiber towel. Scrunching, air drying (sometimes diffusing). I find that satin pillowcases are a big help. I still have to wash my hair every other day, and I really don't use tons of extra products. Whatever. It's just another lifestyle change for now.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Cozystitches Hey I'm doing the CG method too. I'm only a wavy girl, but I want to try embrace my natural hair in every way. My stylist agreed and cut my hair in some natural way to make it "easier". Well, it's not really easy! I'm loosely following the rules. No sulfates, no silicones, and using the micro fiber towel. Scrunching, air drying (sometimes diffusing). I find that satin pillowcases are a big help. I still have to wash my hair every other day, and I really don't use tons of extra products. Whatever. It's just another lifestyle change for now.

Another WAVY!!! :D :D :D So exciting! :D I also follow it loosely. I'm still trying to figure out what works for me. That's half my problem. I wash daily, also have a satin pillowcase, use a cotton tshirt, diffuse because I don't like wet hair. I don't know if I really need to wash daily, but it weirds me out if I don't. :D

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought the satin pillowcases on Amazon. I was surprised how much they help to be honest. Second day waves are just okay, but better than second day normal pillowcase. My scalp is sensitive so I have to clarify more often too. It's a process though. My youngest daughter is doing it too, but she has much more wave to her hair.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I just want to say,

Apparently cats love barbie dreamhouses as much as 4 year olds do!
20190104_140205.jpg
Also "Brother" isnt a small cat by any means, so yes to answer your question that is a ridiculously large doll house. 4.5 ft of dollhouse for my daughter + play time = countless naps for mama!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
215 on the scale this morning, I have to lose the weight because I feel and look terrible.
Hi Sweet Woman....five months ago, I was where you are now so I relate quite well to how you're feeling. I wish you success with whatever method you choose to reach a healthy lifestyle. What I've learned is that it's crucial that you do this for yourself and no one else and especially not to please someone else. Make yourself #1 in your book, take care of yourself, and other things will fall into place.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the time of year when I just can’t take it anymore!!!!!

I gotta be my rebel self and push the thermostat ALLLL the way to 69 degrees!

Wooo! Do I know how to party or what?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had my SIL over last night, she didn't know she was getting a gift. I bought a heart shaped necklace with rose cut garnets from RubyLane over the summer but wanted to have a bit of fun with wrapping it up.

All year long we have been saving our takeout ketchup packets thinking we would use them as part of her gift. My eleven year old son suggested wrapping the ketchup packets in layers of plastic wrap with the gift in the middle. So that's what I did, I used a whole roll of plastic wrap.

The funny part was when she had to unwrap it she put it down on the floor to roll it thinking it was one continuous piece. We were in hysterics when one small piece came off and she realized she would have to peel layer by layer to get to the middle :lol:
That’s hysterical! That’s a NICE gift!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the time of year when I just can’t take it anymore!!!!!

I gotta be my rebel self and push the thermostat ALLLL the way to 69 degrees!

Wooo! Do I know how to party or what?

You do! Mine is on 60 max, this is the Northeast if you're cold get a sweater, put a hat on go lay under a blanket but do not touch that thermostat lol!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results