PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got a smart answer for everything :lol-2::lol:
IMG_3923.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DSCN1943.JPG DSCN1960.JPG DSCN1952.JPG DSCN1964.JPG Some pics from Ireland. I had the best time with my sons. The country and it's people are just amazing and I cannot wait to go back with DH.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The photos are amazing, red! They make me want to go, too. I have been to England, but not to Scotland, Ireland, or Wales. My husband went to Scotland before we were married and fell in love with it. Somehow we never made it to either Scotland or Ireland together. You are lucky you plan to return, and I am glad you you had the experience with your sons.

Deb :wavey:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best stew I've ever had so I had to make it when I came home. 22ozs of Guinness in my batch.

20180329_150801.jpg

Our CASTLE! I was absolutely floored by this place. Ashford Castle. We stayed here three nights. The history of this place is fascinating. Original parts built in 1228 are still a part of the hotel.

20180330_131719.jpg
20180330_132205.jpg 20180330_155350.jpg 20180330_154515.jpg

Our two hour horseback ride ended with this pic.
20180401_091501.jpg

My room with amazing embroidered silk walls.
20180330_110634.jpg

Attachments

• 20180330_155449.jpg
    20180330_155449.jpg
    251.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20180331_052117.jpg
    20180331_052117.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 20180401_143329.jpg
    20180401_143329.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 that is breathtaking! All of it. I have always wanted to go. One of these days we will go! Until then, I love all the pictures and seeing some incredible must visit places. Thanks for sharing!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't mean to interrupt your picture posting, red! I had no idea when I posted that there were more photos yet to come. They are all magnificent. And it looks as if the weather was great, too. I hate the heat and I bet it was cool in Ireland when you were there. I know you have horses, so it must have been fun to ride there. And the castle is gorgeous from every angle. What kind of horses are those?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful photos @redwood66.:love: Thank you for sharing them with us.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this song. Feeling it today.

Most of Us Are Sad
Eagles
Most of us are sad
No one lets it show
I've been shadows of myself
How was i to know?
Tell me scarlet sun
What will time allow?
We have brought our children
Here who can save them now?
Oh, weeping woman try to smile
Like the coming dawn
Most of us are sad it's true
Still we must go on
Love was here today
Oh the sun was bright
I will sing you faraway
Love is here tonight
Most of us are sad
No one lets it show
I've been shadows of myself
How was i to know?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't mean to interrupt your picture posting, red! I had no idea when I posted that there were more photos yet to come. They are all magnificent. And it looks as if the weather was great, too. I hate the heat and I bet it was cool in Ireland when you were there. I know you have horses, so it must have been fun to ride there. And the castle is gorgeous from every angle. What kind of horses are those?

Thank you! The ones my sons are on are Connemara ponies and I am on an Irish Cob or Gypsy Cob as they are sometimes called. They were much smaller than our Quarter horses. It was a great experience though we ride at home with a western saddle and had to ride English which was a tad challenging. The grounds of the castle are 350 acres and this was the best way to see the most.

I hate heat as well and we were so lucky to have such great weather! It rained only one day out of the whole week though it was gray much of the time. The sun did come out on the day we had a private driver for the Ring of Kerry. That was the most magnificent day to see and listen to so much history. Our driver took the three of us to places the big tour buses cannot go which included Valentia Island. Best money spent on that particular day of the trip as he was so knowledgeable and you could tell he loved history and his country. He drove us for 9.5 hours stopping for lunch at a great little pub.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely photos red! Makes me want to hop on a plane...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! The ones my sons are on are Connemara ponies and I am on an Irish Cob or Gypsy Cob as they are sometimes called. They were much smaller than our Quarter horses. It was a great experience though we ride at home with a western saddle and had to ride English which was a tad challenging.

Thank you for the information! I am not an experienced rider, although I have ridden. I infinitely prefer western, but have ridden eastern at the home of one of my friends in California. I also rode bareback there, but with a bridle. Feeling the horse's spine beneath me was a whole new experience! I have not had the courage to get on a horse in years. It looks like a lot of fun!

Everything you did does!

Deb :))

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I will have to play this for my daughter, missy. We now have a running joke. Every time a song by the Eagles comes on the radio the one who notices it points it out to the other. That is because, at one point, she asked me if they had ever recorded any other song beside, "Hotel California". ;))

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How wonderful Red! Thanks for sharing.

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm where girls like me are made.... the mother ship... the maulllll...:lol-2:

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your photos with us @redwood66. Looks like an amazing trip. Such beautiful countryside. Ashford Castle is glorious! You must have felt like Royalty. When I travel to Europe it reminds me how young America is. Our history is so new in comparison. It’s humbling to walk through castles and try to imagine what life was like 800+ years ago. Thanks again for sharing :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Red, what a great trip!!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - I've often thought about doing a castle tour of Ireland. Ashford has always been on my list. Now I really want to gooooo!:love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 - I've often thought about doing a castle tour of Ireland. Ashford has always been on my list. Now I really want to gooooo!:love:
Oh my goodness you have to! It is like nothing I have ever seen before, let alone stayed in. It is royally expensive and based on prices on their website we would never have stayed there. But booking the whole vacation through Costco Travel made it within reach for us. They have a couple others in their availability list that I want to go to as well, Ballynahinch and Dromoland. Hayfield Manor looks excellent too. The desk person at check-out made a mistake putting the rate charge on our bill at first, and it was 1240 euros for the 3 nights with two deluxe rooms including the couple meals that had been charged. Once he removed the rate charge it was 240 euros. That tells me the Costco contracted rate is 167 euros ($206) per room. Just for fun I had tried to book the same rooms on the Ashford website in Dec. when we booked the vacation and the rooms were $5400 for the three nights. This is why they never want you to know the contracted rate. If you look at the website we had the two rooms overlooking the river on the top floor that are pictured. My sons had the gold one and I had the red one.

https://www.ashfordcastle.com/rooms-and-suites/deluxe-rooms

This was my bathroom! And I now NEED a bidet and heated floors and electric blinds with a button at my bedside.

upload_2018-4-15_6-52-22.png
20180330_110741.jpg

Last edited:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean I have to add that the 5 star service was absolutely amazing. We also had two nights at the Great Southern Killarney which was impeccable. Irish breakfasts daily the whole week which is such a treat! My son said that Ashford has spoiled every hotel for him in the future. :lol:

https://www.greatsouthernkillarney.com/

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Let's do a Costco trip together!
OMG a girls trip would be great fun! Trying to shop with those two young men was not the best part of the trip. :roll2:

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah ha! I thought you had pix of people with blue scarf things on their faces .. then realized what it was.

great pix! looks fun as heck. never been there. hope to but not on any plans soon sadly.

more pix.

Skellig Michael islands. These were used for filming locations in the latest Star Wars - The Last Jedi.
20180329_072926.jpg
20180329_090410.jpg
20180329_092118.jpg
20180329_092339.jpg

These are copies of the monk huts on Skellig Michael. Monks lived on the island from as early as the 6th century.
http://www.worldheritageireland.ie/skellig-michael/historical-background/

upload_2018-4-13_18-37-51.png

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy You bring such happiness and joy to all of here on PS and in real life too. I wish we could all take a bit of your sadness, I do well with sadness sometimes, just carry it on... I'm happy to. You are special. Hope every day is a bit more up than down, but I do understand where you come from. Missy! Missy! you give so take a bit. You should. :)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results