shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 We do all our trips through Costco if we can, sometimes we can't. We are going on our first river cruise in December and Costco stopped offering river cruises. We are going to Yellowstone National Park with the fam next month, I gotta get me some hiking books (I'm too fat to hike in actuality) sons and DIL can't wait, especially DIL, she loves to travel (lucky me! me too).. your trip looks so happy, and isn't it nice to go with your sons? When I was their age I would have died b4 going with mom and dad, but I missed out on going to CapeCod and encourage my sons to come with us when we travel (if we invite them that is :)

keep pix coming, it's soooo beautiful there.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@redwood66 We do all our trips through Costco if we can, sometimes we can't. We are going on our first river cruise in December and Costco stopped offering river cruises. We are going to Yellowstone National Park with the fam next month, I gotta get me some hiking books (I'm too fat to hike in actuality) sons and DIL can't wait, especially DIL, she loves to travel (lucky me! me too).. your trip looks so happy, and isn't it nice to go with your sons? When I was their age I would have died b4 going with mom and dad, but I missed out on going to CapeCod and encourage my sons to come with us when we travel (if we invite them that is :)

keep pix coming, it's soooo beautiful there.
Have you been to Yellowstone before? If not, you will love it! Though my favorite is Glacier by far. I see the river cruise commercials and think that would be fun. Where are you going?

I am so glad that it worked out that my sons and I could go together because I realize as they go about their own lives it will probably not happen again, at least not on this scale. They have the travel bug big time but DH does not. We had such a happy time together and being in awe of a place and it's history with them was a pretty magical experience. Especially when they are at an age (26) to enjoy as adults.

This is the section of Ashford castle that was built in 1228.
20180331_071907.jpg

Ross Castle in Killarney.
20180330_063414.jpg

Along the Ring of Kerry. The landscape is beautiful and we had a sunny day!
20180329_095035.jpg

Attachments

• 20180329_092529.jpg
    20180329_092529.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 11

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds fun @Tekate! Luckily for us my in laws loved to travel and to take the whole famdamily along! We had so many fun trips and we got to see a lot of other countries that way. I always say, travel is one of the best experiences you can give your kids!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not been to Yellowstone, or Glacier for that matter. :) so we are looking mucho forward to seeing this marvel!! We are staying at 3 or 4 ?? different places in the park, we are flying the kids into Salt Lake City, we have a rental car and they are driving up, we are driving across America with our dog! and meeting them and traveling together. Can't wait!

We are doing this cruise in December:

https://www.vikingrivercruises.com/...tic-danube/2018-budapest-nuremberg/index.html

We are doing it opposite though. We are flying to Prague staying for 3 days then Viking will take us to Nuremberg, we get on the ship and away we go, it's the Christmas Markets cruise, it's been on my bucket. We end up in Budapest, stay 3 days and go home, we will be home by Christmas :) We are staying at the Art Nouveau Palace in Prague, should be fun, we have not booked a place in Budapest yet. Hopefully it will be fun.

We take the time we can with our kids I know.. lucky us, they actually want to come with us.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That sounds like such a wonderful trip! Both of them actually. The drive across the US is something I want to do eventually. DH needs to retire first.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone else obsess over making purchases? I've been looking for flipping pasta bowls for weeks. Yes, weeks. We already have some, but they are very cheap and don't match our white china. Yet they are the most used plate/bowl we have. I finally found a contender at The Bay, so I went ahead and bought 8. I had to go to 2 stores to get them all. Whew. It was a great feeling. They are Royal Doulton 1815 in white and were 25% reduced. I was thrilled. I ended up ordering the matching serving bowl which was discontinued as well. I finally feel like I can let this go! I know it seems dumb, but I get these ideas and with all the research I do everything takes a lot of time. I gave our old set to my oldest daughter and she is thrilled. Using pasta bowls as dinner plates is really convenient!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you may remember, I had a 911 about five years ago that I ended up selling when I moved back from Kansas City. Wellllllll.... I missed that car Every Day. So once the CB moved out and freed up my other parking spot I decided to do something about it!

Meet Billy Ray III, who is almost exactly the same as Billy Ray Jr., but this one is an S... because... yanno... I needed more horsepower! :cheeky:

My new baby was delivered promptly at 2 pm today, weighing in at 3,219 lbs, 177.1 inches long, and zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds. Fast fun and low to the ground, junior takes after his momma!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As some of you may remember, I had a 911 about five years ago that I ended up selling when I moved back from Kansas City. Wellllllll.... I missed that car Every Day. So once the CB moved out and freed up my other parking spot I decided to do something about it!

Meet Billy Ray III, who is almost exactly the same as Billy Ray Jr., but this one is an S... because... yanno... I needed more horsepower! :cheeky:

My new baby was delivered promptly at 2 pm today, weighing in at 3,219 lbs, 177.1 inches long, and zero to sixty in 3.9 seconds. Fast fun and low to the ground, junior takes after his momma!

I like the way you think - hahaha!!

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
67742D19-6801-4AA7-ABEC-BA14F3A1C95F.jpeg 6389A6CF-51CD-4185-A75A-C38A5C727D94.jpeg What is wrong with the people in charge of the Smithsonian museum? I asked them if I could borrow these and they said no.:angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Welllll hello Billy Ray III. :kiss:
That is a beautiful baby Dee.:kiss2:

runaround1.gif
congrats.gif

Wanna drive that baby to the jersey shore beach house and visit me?8-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
67742D19-6801-4AA7-ABEC-BA14F3A1C95F.jpeg 6389A6CF-51CD-4185-A75A-C38A5C727D94.jpeg What is wrong with the people in charge of the Smithsonian museum? I asked them if I could borrow these and they said no.:angryfire:

The nerve of those people. This bracelet and necklace *need* you. My gawd that is gorgeous.
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Billy Ray III is a knockout! Congrats!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

GetAttachmentThumbnail
Welcome to the "shorty stack" club, Billy Ray III. I hope you join us in the walnut room for the next annual meeting of the shorty stack club!:lol:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Luvs me a Porsche! :love:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe I should explain. I need to see the word "Porsche" on a car or at least "Cayenne" or "Carerra" to know it is a Porsche when I look at it. I have to hear or see the word "Porsche" to know that a Porsche is under discussion. All these allusions went right over my head.

Deb :))

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random question...

Anyone ever suffer from Acute TMJ Anthralgia? It's one of my worst pains ever, and I've had two children and a neck discectomy/corpectomy!
I believe this was brought on after a filling came out and I had a deep back Novocain shot for the repair procedure. After the filling and one week of pain, I was back at the dentist being told I might need root canal and he gave me more jaw socket shots and placed a sedative filling.
Turns out after an urgent care then recommended ER visit that is actually TMJ. Reading up on this, I learned many unnecessary dental procedures are done because of confusion between a toothache and tmj. I am now on a multitude of medications, liquid diet, on a heating pad and I get through my days watching the clock and strategizing my next medication combo.
I'm in so much pain even PS bling could hardly hold my interest.
Thanks for letting me rant and cry! ;(
Anyone else ever have this severe of a case of TMJ?

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random question...

Anyone ever suffer from Acute TMJ Anthralgia? It's one of my worst pains ever, and I've had two children and a neck discectomy/corpectomy!
I believe this was brought on after a filling came out and I had a deep back Novocain shot for the repair procedure. After the filling and one week of pain, I was back at the dentist being told I might need root canal and he gave me more jaw socket shots and placed a sedative filling.
Turns out after an urgent care then recommended ER visit that is actually TMJ. Reading up on this, I learned many unnecessary dental procedures are done because of confusion between a toothache and tmj. I am now on a multitude of medications, liquid diet, on a heating pad and I get through my days watching the clock and strategizing my next medication combo.

Oh gosh. So sorry for this!! I wish I could help.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I'm not sure if anyone here has been paying attention to AZ news, however last night was historical. Teachers and support staff (at least at my school) voted on a teacher walk out. :-o Now this may not sound like much, however the ENTIRE state voted about this. It hasn't happened in FORTY YEARS. We are a right to work state, and in the past a strike has been illegal (there's been some discussion on this idea, so I'm not 100% sure). The walk out idea had 78% of the over 50,000 in education voting to walk out.

I'm quite torn over this idea. I hate the idea of walking out. I also hate how the funding in this state is absurdly low. We are BELOW the funding from 2008. Yeah, the funding for our schools is lower than it was TEN YEARS AGO. Not to mention the discrepancy between amount of education/certification and salary. I could go and work as a Taco Bell or TQ manager and make more than I do with my Masters in education and 7 years of teaching in the middle school.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random question...

Aww Sandeek I am so sorry. I don't have any words of wisdom to share but I hope you find relief very soon and sending healing hugs and lots of good vibes your way. Not to add to your pain but I just have to say it never ceases to amaze and astound me re some (too many) medical professionals whose first and most important oath should be to DO NO HARM consistently mess up:(. I am so tired of hearing of and seeing first hand similar experiences of such mess ups. I am so very sorry Sandeek. Big and gentle (((HUGS))) to you and praying for your complete recovery very soon.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Random question...

I had trouble when they took out two of my wisdom teeth. The dentist said it is TMJ and wanted me to do a night guard to help with pain. I had no insurance at the time so couldn't afford what they were wanting. A cocbicombin of ibuprofen, heating pad, and finding what I could eat (no chewing!) helped enough I could sort of make it through until it started to improve.

It has been something like 8 or 10 years since then. My jaw still aches but isn't bad enough to get me interested in trying night guards and things. It does leave me leary of letting them take my other wisdom teeth! Bad enough with pain in one side...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the pain subsides quickly @Sandeek and you feel better soon. I’ve never had TMJ but have had two surgeries on my mouth and was in pain for close to two weeks because of it. Ibuprofen worked the best for me. Mouth pain is miserable.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @missy your words are always so kind and loving! I agree with you, I am sure had my dentist had any time to listen to my symptoms, the second procedure wouldn't have been needed. He really should've recognized where my complaints were originating. I was a classic presentation with all of the symptoms of TMJ. I will now have to undergo another procedure to replace the temp filling and I am dreading it and wondering if I could forego the shot?! o_O
Thank you @canuk-gal I appreciate the thoughts and wish you could help too, but your words made me smile, so you did help!! :kiss2:
@TooPatient Thank you for posting. I am sorry you still suffer from pain in your jaw. I too would hesitate to go back for the other two. :x2 I will have to go back to change the temp filling to a permanent one, and right now I can't even open my mouth. :(
I do wear night-grinding mouthpieces. I buy a package of disposable ones and replace it weekly. It has to help I think.
@Calliecake I feel for you having two mouth surgeries. I never realized luckily how sensitive the mouth can be. I read it's because the teeth are very close to the brain pain center, and lots of nerves there too. This is terrible and I am getting tired of the pain and menu for such. Thank you for commenting!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am very sorry for your suffering, Sandeek. I am glad to say that I have never had this. I did post that on Christmas Eve I drove myself to the Emergency Room because a sty in my eye had become such an infection that, in conjunction with gum pain, I was fearful I might be letting infection spread through my body. That pain-the eye and the gum together-was quite awful. I am sure yours is worse. My periodontist has told me stories about having to pop his wife's jaw back into place. (She is my hygienist.)

I do wear a night guard religiously now. I used to be haphazard in its use before this last emergency. It helps to keep my gum pain down although it was originally prescribed because I grind my teeth. (Naturally I also cannot have a gum infection!) I have also been told it can help to prevent migraines and I see a neurologist about them, too!

Good luck!

Deb :wavey:

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
This year was a milestone birthday for both me and my husband. I turned 50 a week before he turned 60. He has a contract position in a different state and I picked him up at 9pm. Never during the course of the day did he wish me happy birthday. No present, no flowers, no card, no phone call, not even a text. He asked why I wasn’t more enthusiastic picking him up- Happy Birthday to you too was what I got.

This past weekend he drove 5 1/2 hrs to spend his birthday with his family and his sister threw him a birthday party. :roll

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lisaC Hello, is this new behavior or has he always ignored your birthday? My exhusband never wanted to give me a birthday card (I don't think he ever did).. Valentine's Day he said to me "why should I say I love you, don't you love yourself?" after a lot of years of these small clues, we parted ways and I was lucky enough to marry a guy who finds my birthday somewhat interesting and believes in anniversary dinners etc.

If this is normal behavior and it doesn't bother him or you then what the heck, but if this hurts you think about the next ten years when he's 70 and your 60.. ....

Were you pissed and didn't go to his family's extravaganza for him? (I wouldn't have gone for sure).

This year was a milestone birthday for both me and my husband. I turned 50 a week before he turned 60. He has a contract position in a different state and I picked him up at 9pm. Never during the course of the day did he wish me happy birthday. No present, no flowers, no card, no phone call, not even a text. He asked why I wasn’t more enthusiastic picking him up- Happy Birthday to you too was what I got.

This past weekend he drove 5 1/2 hrs to spend his birthday with his family and his sister threw him a birthday party. :roll

Last edited:

lisaC

Brilliant_Rock
@lisaC Hello, is this new behavior or has he always ignored your birthday? My exhusband never wanted to give me a birthday card (I don't think he ever did).. Valentine's Day he said to me "why should I say I love you, don't you love yourself?" after a lot of years of these small clues, we parted ways and I was lucky enough to marry a guy who finds my birthday somewhat interesting and believes in anniversary dinners etc.

If this is normal behavior and it doesn't bother him or you then what the heck, but if this hurts you think about the next ten years when he's 70 and your 60.. ....

Were you pissed and didn't go to his family's extravaganza for him? (I wouldn't have gone for sure

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results