shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I crazy? Don't answer that as I already know the answer. You know what they say about asking a question you don't know the answer to lol. Anyway back to my rhetorical question. Am I crazy? Considering seriously adopting a fifth kitty. It wouldn't be so crazy if we didn't go back and forth almost every nice weekend to the beach house with all the cats. Who do not like car travel and do not like being in their carriers. Meeting this cat April 8th. I am crazy.

Meet Stanley. Awwww.

stanley.jpg.png

And that's also my dad's name so is it a sign? I will have to ask my dad today when we see everyone. Haha I already know what my parents will say. Hell no.:oops:

If when we meet him he's a mush and a love I won't be able to resist.::)

Yup, certifiably nutso! Yeah well, me too. I had no business bringing a third pup into the house, especially one with special needs. We're still grieving the loss of our beloved Bella. Someone smack me, and missy too!

In all seriousness, I frequently wonder "where would she be" if not for us? She's a deaf puppy with a bitey, aggressive but playful weird personality. We both think it's possible that she would have been put down.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I crazy? Don't answer that as I already know the answer. You know what they say about asking a question you don't know the answer to lol. Anyway back to my rhetorical question. Am I crazy? Considering seriously adopting a fifth kitty. It wouldn't be so crazy if we didn't go back and forth almost every nice weekend to the beach house with all the cats. Who do not like car travel and do not like being in their carriers. Meeting this cat April 8th. I am crazy.

Meet Stanley. Awwww.

stanley.jpg.png

And that's also my dad's name so is it a sign? I will have to ask my dad today when we see everyone. Haha I already know what my parents will say. Hell no.:oops:

If when we meet him he's a mush and a love I won't be able to resist.::)

Aw Stanley is precious Missy! I can see why you are so tempted! :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup, certifiably nutso! Yeah well, me too. I had no business bringing a third pup into the house, especially one with special needs. We're still grieving the loss of our beloved Bella. Someone smack me, and missy too!

In all seriousness, I frequently wonder "where would she be" if not for us? She's a deaf puppy with a bitey, aggressive but playful weird personality. We both think it's possible that she would have been put down.

Aww that is wonderful @gemgirl. So glad you saved her! And I am so sorry about Bella. I know you gave her the best life.

Yes I need smacking. Just came from my parents house with their cats (4) and my sister brought her dog (wild and crazy) and OMG I am exhausted. That's a lot of fur babies. I do love them all though but it can be a lot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw Stanley is precious Missy! I can see why you are so tempted! :love:

Thank you Junie! I am tempted. We will see how next Sunday's meeting goes. He will definitely have to capture our hearts but good for us to take a fifth. HA, who am I kidding. I am a pushover but I am relying on Greg to say no if he just doesn't think it would work.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy -- Stanley is a cutie! You won't be able to say no if he is as sweet as he looks.

We have 4 cats and 3 dogs so I am very familiar with crazy! Only one of ours had any chance without us taking. The rest came from kill shelters or tough situations. Sometimes you just say yes and deal with the crazy as everyone settles in again.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just managed to do our second Seder for Passover at home. Not a small accomplishment after my health issues! We kept the food to a minimum and skipped much of the seder, but it was nice to do and we did just what I could manage. Okay, so DH did while I reclined on the couch with wine... It worked! We were invited to a friend's house for the first night and I made my big entrance to their home by promptly falling as I didn't see that they had a step down into the living room. Oops. The daughter (in her 30s) held my hand for a tour of the house to make sure I knew where all the other steps were. (Apparently seeing a difference in height is not something I can do very well right now.)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So meant to post this here but accidentally posted in furbaby thread. It bears repeating though.

Snow in the forecast tomorrow. WTH.:geek2: Ummm Mother Nature could you please look at the calendar? It's April 1st. Time for Spring and flowers and green grass and mild temps and absolutely no snow.;( Cmon now. Pretty please? Can we all enjoy some lovely Spring weather? Perhaps it is her joke on us today being April 1st? :kiss:

@TooPatient keeping you in my thoughts and sending hugs. You’re a strong woman and you will make it through and thrive. Good for you enjoying the Seder despite the challenging. XOXO.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snow in the forecast tomorrow. WTH.:geek2: Ummm Mother Nature could you please look at the calendar? It's April 1st. Time for Spring and flowers and green grass and mild temps and absolutely no snow.;( Cmon now. Pretty please? Can we all enjoy some lovely Spring weather? Perhaps it is her joke on us today being April 1st? :kiss:

Ditto that @missy !! :eek2: We are actually making up snow days all week starting tomorrow, so I'm secretly hoping for a delay! Lol. But I am so ready for spring!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that the tide pod challenge seems to have passed, along comes condom snorting. I just couldn't resist:

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.31.22 AM.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that the tide pod challenge seems to have passed, along comes condom snorting. I just couldn't resist:

Screen Shot 2018-04-03 at 11.31.22 AM.png

Hahaha now I'm snorting from laughter. ROFLMAO.:lol:

However I am also like really? How can some kids be so ignorant? :(

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ugh....testing season is about to begin. Hour long meeting today to review how to proctor an online test. Yes, please evaluate how well I do my job through a teen/preteen who has to sit for HOURS across several DAYS taking online tests (total of 5 I believe). Please disregard how things are at home, how much effort they put into their learning, clarity of the test, response time of the computers, and a slew of other factors.

I loathe standardized testing.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh....testing season is about to begin. Hour long meeting today to review how to proctor an online test. Yes, please evaluate how well I do my job through a teen/preteen who has to sit for HOURS across several DAYS taking online tests (total of 5 I believe). Please disregard how things are at home, how much effort they put into their learning, clarity of the test, response time of the computers, and a slew of other factors.

Ditto. Every. Single. Word! :clap:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ditto. Every. Single. Word! :clap:

goodpost2.gif

Me three.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Day 1 of "real life" testing complete....Yeah...because ALL Adults spend 10 hours of testing EVERY year. Really.

On a productive note: I did some hand piecing while proctoring the test (since all I can do is monitor the students)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy Stanley is just tooo cute. I love ginger pusskats :love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent the weekend with my 18 y/o son; split time up between Sat & Sun. Together, we completed his application for his next shot at scholarship money for college. ;)2
We went out for lunch, and I decided to stop at my jeweler to have my rings inspected, and cleaned; it’s been a while. Good thing I did...I noticed one of my rings (RHR) kept snagging my lint-free cloth during Home cleanings, and sure enough, I had a loose diamond! GAH! :eek2:
This opportunity presented a learning lesson for my 18 y/o sponge of knowledge. I asked him if any of the pieces in any of the cases caught his eye, or if there was a specific cut or shape that he liked more than any others. To my surprise, he pointed to the EC’s & said, “I really like Emerald Cuts, Mom.” My heart melted...lol!!!
He also decided he did not like halos very much; he liked the one 3 stone, triple halo ring with EC’s, but he noted he would like it BETTER without the halos. I modeled it for him, and he agreed it was his taste, but would want the EC’s set in prongs, without halos.
He expressed a liking for Asschers, and Octavias, as well. My heart swelled with joy!! Looks like Yoram’s going to have another customer in the future!!! :love:
Mary, my favorite salesperson, there, enthusiastically talked shop with him, and I joined in...we always have a blast! I noticed the same 1ct EC was still in the case, next to a new 0.50ct EC (their inventory is small re: step Cuts). She took them out & cleaned them so we could inspect them to figure out why the 1ct wasn’t moving, in spite of others (not as heavy) had sold. She looked st the stats & called me over to see: H SI2 VG Polish VG Symmetry. So, she cleaned them both up & brought them over. Table down, she showed my son their differences in both color, and size; the 0.50 was D VS2 VG/VG. Obvious, noticeable size difference; not so much in l x w ratio: 1.32 & 1.35, respectively. Both are on the chubby side in the EC realm.

First into the microscope: 1.00HSI2VG/VG. Total disappointment; it keeps to it’s SI2 clarity grade due to it’s many clusters of pinpoint inclusions and LARGE, BLACK CARBON inclusion on the left pavilion angle, close to the center of the stone! My heart sank. So sad. :blackeye:

Next: 0.50DVS2VG/VG. Absolutely beautiful, aside from a small cluster of clear pinpoints in the center of the stone, but very eye clean. No doubt, this stone will make someone happy, in some way.

Lastly, for a comparison, my EC: 1.07GSI2G/G. No large, black carbon inclusions; no black inclusions AT ALL. Small cluster of pinpoint inclusions along the side corner of the stone, barely visible, even under magnification. The center of the stone is completely clear; free of inclusions. It actually is more eye clean than the 0.50DVS2VG/VG, and appears to be cut better than G/G, and just as white, face up, as DVS2. No cloudiness or haze. Unanimously, to all 3 of us, my EC was superior to 1.00HSI2VG/VG, and comparable (quite competitive) to 0.50DVS2VG/VG.

This was an important lesson for my son, as one cannot judge a diamond by its cert, alone. Knowledge is power, in this industry, and he is gaining that, a little at a time. I want him to be well informed, when his time comes. I also explained how important it is for him to pay close attention to her (whoever she may be) jewelry, and her tastes. After all, SHE will be the one wearing this masterpiece, some day. Attention to metal color, stone shapes & colors were also discussed with him; some women prefer gem stones over diamonds (I can’t relate...lol).

He humors me, but I know he listens. He will make some lovely lady very happy, one day. :mrgreen2:

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent the weekend with my 18 y/o son; split time up between Sat & Sun. Together, we completed his application for his next shot at scholarship money for college. ;)2
We went out for lunch, and I decided to stop at my jeweler to have my rings inspected, and cleaned; it’s been a while. Good thing I did...I noticed one of my rings (RHR) kept snagging my lint-free cloth during Home cleanings, and sure enough, I had a loose diamond! GAH! :eek2:
This opportunity presented a learning lesson for my 18 y/o sponge of knowledge. I asked him if any of the pieces in any of the cases caught his eye, or if there was a specific cut or shape that he liked more than any others. To my surprise, he pointed to the EC’s & said, “I really like Emerald Cuts, Mom.” My heart melted...lol!!!
He also decided he did not like halos very much; he liked the one 3 stone, triple halo ring with EC’s, but he noted he would like it BETTER without the halos. I modeled it for him, and he agreed it was his taste, but would want the EC’s set in prongs, without halos.
He expressed a liking for Asschers, and Octavias, as well. My heart swelled with joy!! Looks like Yoram’s going to have another customer in the future!!! :love:
Mary, my favorite salesperson, there, enthusiastically talked shop with him, and I joined in...we always have a blast! I noticed the same 1ct EC was still in the case, next to a new 0.50ct EC (their inventory is small re: step Cuts). She took them out & cleaned them so we could inspect them to figure out why the 1ct wasn’t moving, in spite of others (not as heavy) had sold. She looked st the stats & called me over to see: H SI2 VG Polish VG Symmetry. So, she cleaned them both up & brought them over. Table down, she showed my son their differences in both color, and size; the 0.50 was D VS2 VG/VG. Obvious, noticeable size difference; not so much in l x w ratio: 1.32 & 1.35, respectively. Both are on the chubby side in the EC realm.

First into the microscope: 1.00HSI2VG/VG. Total disappointment; it keeps to it’s SI2 clarity grade due to it’s many clusters of pinpoint inclusions and LARGE, BLACK CARBON inclusion on the left pavilion angle, close to the center of the stone! My heart sank. So sad. :blackeye:

Next: 0.50DVS2VG/VG. Absolutely beautiful, aside from a small cluster of clear pinpoints in the center of the stone, but very eye clean. No doubt, this stone will make someone happy, in some way.

Lastly, for a comparison, my EC: 1.07GSI2G/G. No large, black carbon inclusions; no black inclusions AT ALL. Small cluster of pinpoint inclusions along the side corner of the stone, barely visible, even under magnification. The center of the stone is completely clear; free of inclusions. It actually is more eye clean than the 0.50DVS2VG/VG, and appears to be cut better than G/G, and just as white, face up, as DVS2. No cloudiness or haze. Unanimously, to all 3 of us, my EC was superior to 1.00HSI2VG/VG, and comparable (quite competitive) to 0.50DVS2VG/VG.

This was an important lesson for my son, as one cannot judge a diamond by its cert, alone. Knowledge is power, in this industry, and he is gaining that, a little at a time. I want him to be well informed, when his time comes. I also explained how important it is for him to pay close attention to her (whoever she may be) jewelry, and her tastes. After all, SHE will be the one wearing this masterpiece, some day. Attention to metal color, stone shapes & colors were also discussed with him; some women prefer gem stones over diamonds (I can’t relate...lol).

He humors me, but I know he listens. He will make some lovely lady very happy, one day. :mrgreen2:

What a great day and wonderful experience. You've done a good job raising your son @Matthews1127 :appl:He's going to make some lucky girl a very good husband.:kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @missy Stanley is just tooo cute. I love ginger pusskats :love:

Thanks Austina. Me too. Well we met Stanley and he is super sweet but we decided it's just not the time for us to adopt a fifth. Again if it weren't for traveling back and forth b/w the 2 homes it would be a different story. And I also think if Stanley was the one we would have come home with a fifth so almost relieved he wasn't. But I am really sad because he (and so many others) need a good home. He is being fostered by the group leaders neighbor so that's something.

stanleythecat.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a shame but you’re right @ missy when you know, you know. You’re doing what’s best for him, even though it means not taking him. He’s such a handsome puss, so hopefully someone will snaffle him up soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a shame but you’re right @ missy when you know, you know. You’re doing what’s best for him, even though it means not taking him. He’s such a handsome puss, so hopefully someone will snaffle him up soon.

Thanks Austina. MY heart breaks a little bit each time I decide no to adopting another cat.:cry2: It really does. I think my heart is quite broken by this point. I wish we had one huge sprawling home where I could adopt a dozen or more.

Is anyone reading interested in a 1 year old kitty with the sweetest disposition? Stanley is a very chill laid back kitty and very loving and easygoing and super sweet. And as you can see super handsome.:kiss2:
Located in NYC.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Confession time - was singing along to the below in my car, shouting "BONER with a lonely heart!"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just noticed today is my 8 year PSiversary. Looking at bling and chatting with bling lovers makes time fly!

Happy anniversary mary poppins! Here's to another happy 8 plus years on PS.:appl:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my grandma's wedding set to my jeweler to get repaired. She broke (cracked through) the shank in two places a few years back and they never got it fixed. They had fixed it twice before (not at a good jeweler...) and the one they talked with this last time said it would be very expensive. I told a little white lie knowing they wouldn't want to fix it if "expensive" as they are both very practical. They think my jeweler is doing it free of charge for a good customer... $500 is nothing compared to making Grandma happy. I know she misses wearing her rings!

While I was there, they polished up my big band and got all of the scratches out.

They also mentioned a ring that came in last night that they think I would like.... Yep!
I forgot to get pictures. Picking it up Tuesday after it is sized and polished up nice.

It is totally different than what I had been looking to buy. I had been looking for a 1.7-2.5ct to wear as a solitaire. This one has diamonds down the sides and a halo (which I had never liked or wanted before) around a stone just over 1ct. (They will let me trade in at any time for purchase price if I decide I don't like it after all or want something different.)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute profile pic TP! And how great that you're getting a new ring, it sounds beautiful I hope you post pics when you get it.

Been thinking about you, how have you been doing?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cute profile pic TP! And how great that you're getting a new ring, it sounds beautiful I hope you post pics when you get it.

Been thinking about you, how have you been doing?

Will definitely post pictures!

Profile picture is my little dog. She is a clown.

Doing... Well, better and worse depending on the day. Today was a worse. My vision is drifting towards better slowly, but I have new things going on or maybe still going on but I am noticing now. My body just hurt today. Burning feeling that hurt with clothes or even just my hair touching. The other big thing is that things taste wrong and even just smelling foods leaves me gagging sometimes. Then I am starving. Just lots of back and forth.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got around to setting a profile picture. About time!

And what a wonderful profile pic it is.:kiss2:
Also good news about the bling fix.

Continued healing vibes being sent your way TP.

Sent you a text re your gem cutting question by the way...

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sweet of you to fix Gma's ring TP...

Sending healing vibes your way. I was hoping you were feeling better.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Will definitely post pictures!

Profile picture is my little dog. She is a clown.

Doing... Well, better and worse depending on the day. Today was a worse. My vision is drifting towards better slowly, but I have new things going on or maybe still going on but I am noticing now. My body just hurt today. Burning feeling that hurt with clothes or even just my hair touching. The other big thing is that things taste wrong and even just smelling foods leaves me gagging sometimes. Then I am starving. Just lots of back and forth.

I'm sorry you're still having a tough time TP, and I truly hope you start having more good days than bad very soon. I'm glad you're noticing a slight improvement in your vision and I hope it continues. Sending lots of good thoughts and healing vibes, (((hugs))))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results