shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@PintoBean I'm questioning your bagels! Sheesh. Hope it works out for you. No crowns indeed. Tiaras? Unless you want to go rule a country or something, yeah, do that. :lol-2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ended up going to the ER. Had MRI and other stuff done. Good thing! They found three masses in my brain. The one is where it would cause blindness like this. I'm being transferred to a specialty hospital for further testing. Looks most like cancer but they can't tell without testing. Could also be stroke or MS.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ended up going to the ER. Had MRI and other stuff done. Good thing! They found three masses in my brain. The one is where it would cause blindness like this. I'm being transferred to a specialty hospital for further testing. Looks most like cancer but they can't tell without testing. Could also be stroke or MS.
Yikes!!! :-o:blackeye::blackeye::blackeye::blackeye:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm so sorry TP. Keeping you in my thoughts. So glad they did the MRI plus today and that you are being transferred where they can figure this out and treat it. (((Hugs))).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no TP I am so sorry. I will be thinking of you.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this update TP. Good for you that you sought out urgent care.
Keeping you in my prayers. HUGE {{{HUGS!}}} and bucket loads of {{{Dust}}}

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is far from the peace of mind I wished for you last night, @TooPatient. Please know that many hearts and caring thoughts are with you as you make the transfer to the specialty hospital.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's scary @TooPatient. I hope you receive a positive prognosis from your providers at the speciality hospital. I'm hoping for the best for you.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Definitely scary!
Sending hugs and prayers and hoping the doctors can give you a clear path forward.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so glad that you will be diagnosed, so that you can get a diagnosis and, if you need it, begin treatment. But the things that you mentioned were terribly frightening. Please continue to share with us. At least share if that is of help to you!

Big hugs,
(((TooPatient)))
Deb

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry to read this latest update TP, this is very upsetting and overwhelming news and I hope your doctors can figure out what's going on so you can get the proper treatment, sending you love and hugs.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When your bestie @jordyonbass has patience and a sense of humor (and lives millions of miles away) so you can get away with being a punk :lol::lol-2::confused2::loopy:
IMG_3713.jpg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw my first Cartier Love in the wild today! :O Was at Sam's, saw it and complimented the wearer. Asked if many people recognized it, she said not too many. :D Super exciting for me. :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demolition of the master bath begins late April so I thought I would slap some paint samples on the wall and live with them for a few weeks. Out of a dozen sample colors, I liked 2 for a few days and none after a week. Another half-dozen samples and the same. So I thought I was being brilliant in choosing to just paint the walls white. I forgot there are a gazillion shades of white, half of which are now appearing on my wall, only 2 of which I still like.....:rolleyes:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Demolition of the master bath begins late April so I thought I would slap some paint samples on the wall and live with them for a few weeks. Out of a dozen sample colors, I liked 2 for a few days and none after a week. Another half-dozen samples and the same. So I thought I was being brilliant in choosing to just paint the walls white. I forgot there are a gazillion shades of white, half of which are now appearing on my wall, only 2 of which I still like.....:rolleyes:

It's a whitewash hell lol.
gaah.gif

What we just did during our kitchen renovation was have the white color of the wall computer matched to our cabinets. Benjamin Moore services did this for us so the paint color goes perfectly with our white shaker cabinets.

https://www.consumerreports.org/cro...even-the-colorblind-can-match-paint/index.htm

https://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/architects-designers/download-benjamin-moore-color-palettes

At least you have it narrowed down to 2 so you got this. Who knew there were so many shades of a non color. :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At least you have it narrowed down to 2 so you got this. Who knew there were so many shades of a non color. :lol:
I've shopped at the same Benjamin Moore store for years. Love their Aura paint. The guys who work there start laughing the minute I walk in the door because they know I'll be leaving with at least a half dozen samples. I should own stock.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Minor exciting tidbit for those who saw my posting about a surprise gift that was returned (sweet thought from hubby, but not my style). So we occasionally go to nice jewelry shops to look at things. Have looked at Rolex and other fancy watches. This weekend we were running errands and stopped into such a store. Figured out the Rolex configuration (if we ever get the $$), was happy to look and try on. Driving home, hubs asked would I rather have the watch or the bracelet. :appl: So this seems small, but its HUGE! Of course I said bracelet.....

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lady next to me on airplane had a gorgeous 10mm yg wedding band and wide yg solitaire. I LOVE that look! (she had gorgeous hands/long fingers).

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My taxes are done and filed, and all related paper has been sorted and put away or trashed. All that remains now is to wait for the refunds.

Doing the happy dance!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Lady next to me on airplane had a gorgeous 10mm yg wedding band and wide yg solitaire. I LOVE that look! (she had gorgeous hands/long fingers).

cheers--Sharon

Ooh sounds lovely. I don't suppose you surreptitiously took a photo to share with us did you dear Sharon?:Up_to_something::bigsmile:
Hope you had a safe and pleasant trip back and that your weather is behaving.:wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My taxes are done and filed, and all related paper has been sorted and put away or trashed. All that remains now is to wait for the refunds.

Doing the happy dance!

Yay, congratulations @VRBeauty. We just filed our taxes yesterday and expecting a (small) refund.:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Minor exciting tidbit for those who saw my posting about a surprise gift that was returned (sweet thought from hubby, but not my style). So we occasionally go to nice jewelry shops to look at things. Have looked at Rolex and other fancy watches. This weekend we were running errands and stopped into such a store. Figured out the Rolex configuration (if we ever get the $$), was happy to look and try on. Driving home, hubs asked would I rather have the watch or the bracelet. :appl: So this seems small, but its HUGE! Of course I said bracelet.....

YAY! He is learning. Great job @Cozystitches. It's not easy "training" our men:devil: :cheeky: but it is so worth it. :halo:
Worth it for both dh and dw so win win because we all know "happy wife happy life" :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh sounds lovely. I don't suppose you surreptitiously took a photo to share with us did you dear Sharon?:Up_to_something::bigsmile:
Hope you had a safe and pleasant trip back and that your weather is behaving.:wavey:

Trip was easy enough...and only gorgeous rings in my head.

but no GOOD weather! poop (is that a negative lol?)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trip was easy enough...and only gorgeous rings in my head.

but no GOOD weather! poop (is that a negative lol?)

Glad you had a good trip and yay for gorgeous rings but sorry about the poopy weather. Hoping it becomes nice weather by you very soon.
May it go from this:

east%20coast%20psers.gif
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif

to this

481876qojaq5ujfk.gif
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG is nothing sacred. Now they are attacking our beloved coffee.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/03/29/coffee-cancer-warning-label-california/472146002/
LOS ANGELES — A Los Angeles judge has determined that coffee companies must carry an ominous cancer warning label because of a chemical produced in the roasting process.

Superior Court Judge Elihu Berle said Wednesday that Starbucks and other companies failed to show that benefits from drinking coffee outweighed any risks. He ruled in an earlier phase of trial that companies hadn’t shown the threat from the chemical was insignificant.

The Council for Education and Research on Toxics, a nonprofit group, sued Starbucks and 90 other companies under a state law that requires warnings on a wide range of chemicals that can cause cancer. One is acrylamide, a carcinogen present in coffee.

“Defendants failed to satisfy their burden of proving … that consumption of coffee confers a benefit to human health,” Berle wrote in his proposed ruling.

The coffee industry had claimed the chemical was present at harmless levels and should be exempt from the law because it results naturally from the cooking process that makes beans flavorful. It also argued coffee was good for the body.

The ruling came despite eased concerns in recent years about the possible dangers of coffee, with some studies finding health benefits. In 2016, the International Agency for Research on Cancer – the cancer agency of the World Health Organization – moved coffee off its “possible carcinogen” list.

The lawsuit was brought under the Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, passed by voters in 1986. It allows private citizens, advocacy groups and attorneys to sue on behalf of the state and collect a portion of civil penalties.

The law has been credited with reducing chemicals that cause cancer and birth defects, such as lead in hair dyes, mercury in nasal sprays and arsenic in bottled water. But it’s also been widely criticized for abuses by lawyers shaking down businesses for quick settlements.

“Coffee has been shown, over and over again, to be a healthy beverage,” said William Murray, president and CEO of the National Coffee Association, in reaction to the decision. He argued the lawsuit “does nothing to improve public health.”

The lawsuit has been brewing for eight years and is still not over. A third phase of trial will determine civil penalties of up to $2,500 per person exposed each day over eight years, an astronomical figure in a state of 40 million that appears unlikely to be imposed.

Attorney Raphael Metzger, who brought the lawsuit and drinks a few cups of coffee daily, wants the industry to remove the chemical from its process. Coffee companies have said that’s not feasible.

“Getting it out is better for public health than leaving it in and warning people,” he said.

Metzger’s client brought a similar case later taken up by the state attorney general that resulted in potato-chip makers agreeing in 2008 to pay $3 million and remove acrylamide from their products.

The chip-makers opted to do that rather than post-cancer warnings like those that are found, and largely ignored, throughout California.

Parking garages have signs warning of chemical dangers that can cause cancer, birth defects and other reproductive harm. They note carbon monoxide and gas and diesel exhaust is present and that people should not linger longer than necessary.

Many coffee companies have already posted warnings saying acrylamide is found in coffee. However, many are posted in places not easily visible like below counters where cream and sugar are available.

The judge has given the defense a couple weeks to file objections to the proposed ruling before he makes it final. California judges can reverse their tentative rulings, but rarely do.

About a dozen of the defendants in the case have previously settled and agreed to post warnings, Metzger said. With some defendants dismissed or affiliated with larger companies about 50 defendants remain.

Among the latest to settle was 7-Eleven, which agreed to pay $900,000. BP West Coast Products, which operates gas station convenience stores, agreed to pay $675,000.

Even at Starbucks shops where the labels are posted, many coffee drinkers are unaware of them.

Afternoon coffee drinkers at one shop in Los Angeles said they might look into the warning or give drinking coffee a second thought, but the cup of joe was likely to win out.

“I just don’t think it would stop me,” said Jen Bitterman, a digital marketing technologist. “I love the taste, I love the ritual, I love the high, the energy, and I think I’m addicted to it.”

Darlington Ibekwe, a lawyer in Los Angeles, said a cancer warning would be annoying but wouldn’t stop him from treating himself to three lattes a week.

Well my comment is only this. Life without coffee is life not worth living IMO. And in the words of Lorelai Victoria Gilmore from the Gilmore Girls...

Coffee coffee coffee

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dyed my hair tonight.... not sure how I like it....will know more in the morning. So bored w/my hair....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I crazy? Don't answer that as I already know the answer. You know what they say about asking a question you don't know the answer to lol. Anyway back to my rhetorical question. Am I crazy? Considering seriously adopting a fifth kitty. It wouldn't be so crazy if we didn't go back and forth almost every nice weekend to the beach house with all the cats. Who do not like car travel and do not like being in their carriers. Meeting this cat April 8th. I am crazy.

Meet Stanley. Awwww.

stanley.jpg.png

And that's also my dad's name so is it a sign? I will have to ask my dad today when we see everyone. Haha I already know what my parents will say. Hell no.:oops:

If when we meet him he's a mush and a love I won't be able to resist.::)

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Do it! At this point what's another little love in your home? You have so much love to give to the kitties! And he's got your father's name. Ok, I'm done enabling! :P2

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Do it! At this point what's another little love in your home? You have so much love to give to the kitties! And he's got your father's name. Ok, I'm done enabling! :P2

Ohhh you are quite the enabler dear Sandeek. :devil: I am so torn so will see how it goes when we meet him next Sunday. If it weren’t for the traveling back and forth it would be an easier decision.
If it’s meant to be...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results