shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no DEE! I know exactly how you feel. Do you happen to have any muscle relaxers? They do help right at the beginning. Though I cannot take anything like that more than at the very first. I hate pills but sometimes they are necessary.

Red, I have some super low dose muscle relaxers that my doc gave me for migraines. I took two before I got on the couch, but I probably should have taken some ibuprofin too. Too late for that -- I can't get up to get it The muscle relaxers are supposed to be taken with a lot of water but I don't want to do that because I can't get up to pee. Hope I'm not ruining my liver/kidneys/whatever by doing that. UGH.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been away from this site for so very long! So much has happened (both here and in my life) so I hope I don't offend anyone by posting:

I went into Cartier last weekend as I have been lusting over the Love bracelets/bangles. I was hoping to fall out of lust with them (like I did w/the Tiffany bracelet w/the teeny bezeled diamonds). But no. I love them more. So sad. :cry2: I REALLY want the love bracelet (rose gold, no diamonds). But in all reality, it will never happen. I looked at how much it is and realized that it is almost 1/5 of my salary. :-o Sigh....now I torture myself by looking on their site (or laugh at the "authentic" ones on eBay for $400 :lol::lol::lol:). Ah...oh well. :lol-2: I am posting here as I know others can relate and I won't be mocked because I want shiny expensive things! :D :D I have missed you all and will now go and troll the Show Me thread and drool over your awesome sparklies!!! :D

On a side note: I am almost done with my masters' degree (the cost of which would have paid for almost two bangles), have moved to a new school (same awesome principal), and am loving it! For those who don't know I'm a teacher going for my masters in education so that I can essentially work 2 jobs :roll:wall: (stay in middle school but teach future teachers at the community college/university level)....ahh fun times! ;-)

Thanks for listening to me whine when there are so many others who have things worse off than I do....end of pity party:roll2::roll2::roll2:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Cozystitches! I've noticed you haven't been posting and it's great to hear from you, and nice to hear what you've been up to. I'm glad things are going well even though you sound like you've been very busy! It's great that you are loving your new placement. I hear ya on how expensive our dream pieces can be, and yeah it can be a bit discouraging :cry2: there are a few websites that sell legit second hand high-end pieces, (Oakgem, 1st dibs, 66 mint) so it might be worth checking them out from time to time. Or maybe you could start a bracelet fund and just sock a little bit away each month. Thanks for checking in and I hope you stick around! PS can be a nice distraction from the stresses of life.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, oh no, I am so sorry about your back! Are you feeling a little better today?

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Cozystitches! I've noticed you haven't been posting and it's great to hear from you, and nice to hear what you've been up to. I'm glad things are going well even though you sound like you've been very busy! It's great that you are loving your new placement. I hear ya on how expensive our dream pieces can be, and yeah it can be a bit discouraging :cry2: there are a few websites that sell legit second hand high-end pieces, (Oakgem, 1st dibs, 66 mint) so it might be worth checking them out from time to time. Or maybe you could start a bracelet fund and just sock a little bit away each month. Thanks for checking in and I hope you stick around! PS can be a nice distraction from the stresses of life.

Thanks Junebug! I had forgotten about Oakgem, etc! Thanks for reminding me. :) I have thought of starting a bracelet fund, but saving has not been my strong suit! :shifty: :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2: PS is a great distraction tool...I'll hopefully be back more once I'm done w/classes (hurry up December!) ;-)

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, I understand, I'm not great at saving either - always seems like there's something else to buy! :mrgreen2: Good luck with everything and take care!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought my first Louis Vuitton! Actually, I won it in an auction benefitting am animal rescue group. (Well, it plus 3 purses...) 21765024_1400569520040726_5294802047354577284_n.jpg 21766763_1399403326824012_5122372840961920772_n.jpg
21765210_1399398580157820_4224481468893549758_n.jpg
21272080_1379158512181827_4401214038223448702_n.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about a score Too Patient. You did GOOD!!!! No one is more deserving than you. You do so much good for animals. Congrats!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice bags TP! So nice to hear the money is going to help animals! I agree with Calliecake's sentiments!!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Talk about a score Too Patient. You did GOOD!!!! No one is more deserving than you. You do so much good for animals. Congrats!

Thank! You are so sweet.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice bags TP! So nice to hear the money is going to help animals! I agree with Calliecake's sentiments!!!

Thank you! I love the work this group does. They do auctions to raise money to transport animals from high kill shelters in California to other areas where they have adopters waiting. People donate stuff to them so always different.

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Random ramblings: So I just searched some of my old threads....Apparently I've been wanting the Cartier Love since about Feb 2013. :shock: :-o:eek2: Now, if I had saved $100/month since that time I'd have about $5,600 now...which is really close to what I'd need to actually BUY the blasted thing! o_O:roll Why is saving such a challenge, when spending is so much fun???:lol-2::lol: Off to make a new collage for my phone's lock screen....current goal: save at least $100/month (total drops in the bucket, should eventually get there!). :appl:
Now to get off PS (and purseforum) and do my homework...so close to being finished!!!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom Petty reported passing after much confusion today. RIP love his music. So sad.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20171003-183108.png The new ring is here!!! It's on my finger!!! I will lose my mind, because it's so perfect:love::love::love:
I need to take decent photos of it soon and post a thread on SMTB !!!
Missy and Marymm, thank you SO MUCH for encouraging me to buy the ring... I will never regret it. It's absolutely perfect... When i opened the box and saw it, i started crying, because i knew that THIS IS THE ONE...

So until I post the thread on SMTB, let me post this here:

Last edited:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent days researching toilets. I need to flush my mind of this experience. Who knew choosing a toilet could be such a pain in the butt :lol: Electric toilets? Night lights, heated seats, and washlet? Remote control.For.A.Toilet. Toilets that sense your presence and automatically raise the lid for a "totally hands-free experience" :roll2: Comfort height, universal height, dual flush, single flush, auto clean. Blow dry? Aaaargh. The only thing I could think about when looking at the bells and whistles models was what a pain it would be to fix them when they break.

For the master bath remodel, the toilet is being moved from its own room out into the open so I wanted something modern, sleek, compact yet comfortable. My nonnegotiable is I want a one piece, skirted toilet.

I really liked the Toto Neorest but can't bring myself to spend $4700 on a crapper. So, after trying a few on for size, I decided on the Kohler San Raphael. Low crown height, great spread, few facets to clean. LOL. I'm exhausted, toilet shopping is difficult. Introducing my new throne, drumroll.....
Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 4.42.42 PM.png

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have a toto.
It never gets used by the one who wished it.
"Because the wifi signal doesn't reach over there"
Gross.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natylady-- it is gorgeous!!

Matata -- those options are crazy! We had to buy one 5 years or so ago. I kept saying I just wanted something that flushes and is easy to clean. Love the one you picked!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've spent days researching toilets. I need to flush my mind of this experience. Who knew choosing a toilet could be such a pain in the butt :lol: Electric toilets? Night lights, heated seats, and washlet? Remote control.For.A.Toilet. Toilets that sense your presence and automatically raise the lid for a "totally hands-free experience" :roll2: Comfort height, universal height, dual flush, single flush, auto clean. Blow dry? Aaaargh. The only thing I could think about when looking at the bells and whistles models was what a pain it would be to fix them when they break.

For the master bath remodel, the toilet is being moved from its own room out into the open so I wanted something modern, sleek, compact yet comfortable. My nonnegotiable is I want a one piece, skirted toilet.

I really liked the Toto Neorest but can't bring myself to spend $4700 on a crapper. So, after trying a few on for size, I decided on the Kohler San Raphael. Low crown height, great spread, few facets to clean. LOL. I'm exhausted, toilet shopping is difficult. Introducing my new throne, drumroll.....
Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 4.42.42 PM.png

Matata, I'm so glad you didn't buy the Toto! I've done eight gut renovations, including a count of 17 bathrooms, in a row, and I will NEVER buy another Toto toilet. The interior mechanisms (the "guts" as the CB likes to say) are now, to the use the technical term, FOR SH!T (forgive the pun). The one in my guest bathroom in my current loft started making a noise after about a year that was akin to a banshee being tortured. It was totally random and people wouldn't believe how horrible it was until they heard it for themselves. Apparently the chemicals in the water disintegrate the rubber interior fittings to the point that they form pinhole leaks and the result is super high pitched moans of distress due to pressure/suction, magnified by the porcelain chamber of the tank. It's truly fantastic in the middle of the night. Even with ear plugs in. When the one in the master bath started to scream too I did some screaming of my own. Fortunately the CB is a plumbing contractor by trade and he called his Toto rep and got enough replacement guts to last us into the next century, but I will NEVER put in another Toto. I'm also not 100% in love with Kohler, but since the Porcher Veneto is no longer available I went that route with the boathouse. So far so good...

(Is it crazy that I know this much and have such opinions about TOILETS...?)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
P.S., I put a Kohler San Souci in the boathouse because I needed something with a rounded front. I didn't love it at first but kind of grew on me. Now whenever we are headed to the restroom we say with a flourish, "Excuse me while I San Soooooooochi!"

kohler-k-4007-0-1.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
(Is it crazy that I know this much and have such opinions about TOILETS...?
You sound perfectly sane to me or I'm as crazy as you. I considered the Roca Meridian wall hung but it's too risky since none of the plumbers here have experience with it.

I looked at American Standard, Kohler, Mirabelle, Saniflo -- each has its pros and cons and none of them is my vision of perfection which is nice to look at, easy to clean, and great flush. If you have suggestions of other brands/models, please share. I haven't purchased the toilet yet. I just put it in my file at Ferguson's.

Also wouldn't mind recommendations on fixtures. I picked out all Grohe stuff but didn't love any of it. Faucet:
grohe faucet.png

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You sound perfectly sane to me or I'm as crazy as you. I considered the Roca Meridian wall hung but it's too risky since none of the plumbers here have experience with it.

I looked at American Standard, Kohler, Mirabelle, Saniflo -- each has its pros and cons and none of them is my vision of perfection which is nice to look at, easy to clean, and great flush. If you have suggestions of other brands/models, please share. I haven't purchased the toilet yet. I just put it in my file at Ferguson's.

Also wouldn't mind recommendations on fixtures. I picked out all Grohe stuff but didn't love any of it. Faucet:
grohe faucet.png

You probably looked at these already, but I like the AXOR line by Philippe Starck (Hansgrohe).

BTW, I've currently got Toto lav faucets in my master and I like the look of them but the chrome is coming off at the nozzle. ??? The CB says it's common due to the chemicals in our water, but that's just one more Toto product coming off my list.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, oh no, I am so sorry about your back! Are you feeling a little better today?

Junebug, I'm so sorry -- I just realized I never replied to you! All things considered I recovered pretty well so I can't complain!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You probably looked at these already, but I like the AXOR line by Philippe Starck (Hansgrohe).
I liked those too but can't have that type of water adjustment stick in house with 4 Savannah cats who relish playing in water. It would be too tempting to them and too easy for them to flood the house, which is something they attempt on a daily basis.

I'm surprised about the Toto toilet issues. Totos are rated tops on nearly every list I checked and have tons of great reviews. It makes me laugh, in a noir way, that manufacturers are making toilets more complicated and less durable. Same with most stuff these days. My cell phone can operate the HVAC, lights & TV but clear calls, not so much.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I liked those too but can't have that type of water adjustment stick in house with 4 Savannah cats who relish playing in water. It would be too tempting to them and too easy for them to flood the house, which is something they attempt on a daily basis.

I'm surprised about the Toto toilet issues. Totos are rated tops on nearly every list I checked and have tons of great reviews. It makes me laugh, in a noir way, that manufacturers are making toilets more complicated and less durable. Same with most stuff these days. My cell phone can operate the HVAC, lights & TV but clear calls, not so much.

Ah -- gotcha on the cat thing! The Demon and Oscar never futzed with the faucets (although god knows they futzed with everything else...).

Here's a toilet story you will appreciate: We put Venetos in our bathrooms four or five renovations ago. The water flow wasn't that great when you pushed the flush button (and there was only one button on top, not two like some toilets have now). Bill kept reading the instructions and they said to turn the thingy bobby inside clockwise to increase the flow. She he kept doing that... and the flow was getting less and less. I said turn it the other way. He was like, oh no, the instructions say to turn it THIS way so that MUST be the way. I watched this go one for a while and eventually I tore the instructions out of his hands, turned the thingy the OTHER way and VOILA! Niagara fvcking Falls. That's what happens when you're married to a damn engineer. Sheesh.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
An Afghan and two cat beds for the next Chinese auction for the animal rescue group i adopted two cats from.
IMG_3155.JPG IMG_3156.JPG

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That Afghan is gorgeous PB and I bet the cats love those beds! You do such beautiful work!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results