shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that i found online a J, SI2, GIA triple ex, HCA under 2 diamond, which is exactly what i want size wise, has a reasonable price and i have the funds to buy... But because its a significant purchase and DH believes that we should spend the money on our house's renovation, i'm hesitating to pull the trigger. I'm afraid that if i buy it i will feel guilty towards my family and that deep down inside i might not enjoy the ring, because i will accuse myself of being selfish...:(
(I'm going to the computer every ten minutes and checking whether the diamond is still available):wall:.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanna say that i found online a J, SI2, GIA triple ex, HCA under 2 diamond, which is exactly what i want size wise, has a reasonable price and i have the funds to buy... But because its a significant purchase and DH believes that we should spend the money on our house's renovation, i'm hesitating to pull the trigger. I'm afraid that if i buy it i will feel guilty towards my family and that deep down inside i might not enjoy the ring, because i will accuse myself of being selfish...:(
(I'm going to the computer every ten minutes and checking whether the diamond is still available):wall:.

Natylad, if you have the funds (and your dh can get on board) and you think this is a great diamond you would love and enjoy please don't let it get away. Get it. See it. If you aren't over the moon with it you can return it right? But don't let this be the one that is "the one that got away" if you kwim.

I don't know your dh and I don't know the specifics of your situation and I am not wanting to get b/w you and cause trouble but if you explain how much (if you do really want this diamond) want this and how you do have the funds yada yada yada perhaps he could more clearly see the reason? Happy wife happy life...

Does your dh have any expensive hobbies by the way? I ask because I have a few girlfriends whose dhs are AOK with spending lots of money on their hobbies but are less than generous with their wives hobbies. Again this is probably not your situation in any way but just saying if there is a discrepancy that way it is something to point out to your dh.

Put it on hold (if you can) talk to your dh calmly about it and then if it still is a wonderful deal and amazing diamond get it and evaluate it in person.

Good luck and sending diamond dust your way!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As long as the vendor has a solid return period, and you won't be out much more than shipping costs, I'd suggest purchasing it and inspecting it in person. It may not actually be the stone for you, once you see it. And, if it *is* the stone for you, it gives your DH a chance to see it (and your pleasure) in person. And, even if it is a great stone in person, you still may decide that timing is everything, and decide either to keep it, or return it and start your search again later in the future.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear missy and marymm thank you for your thoughts. Sorry that I haven't come back earlier but we've got two medical emergencies at the same time in the family and I'm very busy and frustrated. I will be back to discuss this issue the soonest possible.

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super excited about this ring. Super excited. They gave me a shipping date: October 2nd. Can't wait. I'm very happy that I decided to go for it.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm super excited about this ring. Super excited. They gave me a shipping date: October 2nd. Can't wait. I'm very happy that I decided to go for it.
Your excitement is contagious!:wavey::appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natylad, I am so happy you decided to get the ring! I am very excited too and I can't wait to see it!

I was in a store the other day and I heard a man say to the person he was with something like "You're only on this earth for about the 80 years so you might as well get exactly what you want". I thought to myself, "that guy is right!" :D

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard SO MANY people say in the last month that their deaf puppy was the easiest pup to train of all their dogs. Are they all smoking something (LOL) or are we and our puppy just plain dumb? It's starting to anger me, can you tell? I feel like saying "geez, I'm glad you had an easy time of up but so far, we're NOT"!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have heard SO MANY people say in the last month that their deaf puppy was the easiest pup to train of all their dogs. Are they all smoking something (LOL) or are we and our puppy just plain dumb? It's starting to anger me, can you tell? I feel like saying "geez, I'm glad you had an easy time of up but so far, we're NOT"!

Every dog is different. I don't like it when people comment on "how easy" something is. Not everyone has an easy time of "easy" stuff and then they are left frustrated and feeling bad.

So glad you are giving a deaf puppy such a great home!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Every dog is different. I don't like it when people comment on "how easy" something is. Not everyone has an easy time of "easy" stuff and then they are left frustrated and feeling bad.

So glad you are giving a deaf puppy such a great home!

Ditto to TP's post. Every dog is different. I am sorry you are having a challenging time of it. Off to check your thread but just saw your comments here and wanted to lend support and hugs gemgirl.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is she doing Chemgirl?

She has such beautiful eyes! Green?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
How is she doing Chemgirl?

She has such beautiful eyes! Green?

Thanks! She is my little green-eyed monster.

She is still running around, but some obsessive drinking and vomiting tonight. Giving her subcutaneous fluids so hopefully that helps.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Currently waiting for police to come and get my security camera video. I noticed thst our front door piggy was missing so I started reviewing the video from our motion camera. Was shocked to see that a woman is coming by every morning around 5am and checking our mailbox! She took mail once last week when we were out of town. She also stole the pig!

What the heck.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Currently waiting for police to come and get my security camera video. I noticed thst our front door piggy was missing so I started reviewing the video from our motion camera. Was shocked to see that a woman is coming by every morning around 5am and checking our mailbox! She took mail once last week when we were out of town. She also stole the pig!

What the heck.

What the heck is right! I am so sorry. Hopefully you can get this corrected. Stealing mail is a federal offense.

I just got my second ever jury duty summons. Never got called on the first one after sitting there all day. Where I live now at least you can call in the night before to see if you have to go. I kind of want to go just for the experience.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just got my second ever jury duty summons. Never got called on the first one after sitting there all day. Where I live now at least you can call in the night before to see if you have to go. I kind of want to go just for the experience.

Red, I just got called for jury duty a month or so ago. Criminal court at 26th and California, one of the most *interesting* neighborhoods in Chicago. I worked for the States' Attorneys' Office in law school... night narcotics court right there at 26th & Cal. A highly disillusioning experience for someone still foolish enough to think there was actual justice in the world (not to be confused with what actually goes on, which mostly involves plea bargaining... "I'll give you the guy who had a bunch of coke and two guns in his car if you give me the guy who just beat his baby momma (again) so badly that now she's in a coma.") For that reason and also a second (political) one due to the company I work for I'll never get picked (and I highly highly doubt you would either) but nevertheless I go and sit for 8 hours, collect my $17.20 (the per diem in Cook County) and stop in the courtroom I used to work in just for old times sake. Let us know if you get impaneled!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are probably right @Dee*Jay. I most likely will not get picked if I even have to go. But after reading so many criminal court docs for years I thought it might be interesting to actually sit in. Luckily I do not live in an area with much crime but sadly we have our fair share of domestics and drugs.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But after reading so many criminal court docs for years I thought it might be interesting to actually sit in.
When I was working, I'd get summoned every year and picked for 1-2 trials during my service period. Since I've been retired, I've not been called. I served as juror for a murder trial a long time ago. The guy and his associates were extremely dangerous and we were sequestered in a hotel and had 24 hr armed guards with us when we weren't in court. While in court, armed guards stood at the doors and we were locked in during the proceedings. Trial lasted a month. I was picked as chairman (just my bad luck) and had to stand and read the verdict. We were scared spitless to begin with and then the perp threatened all of us and said his associates knew who we were and would come after us. The perp got life without parole. I looked over my shoulder and jumped at shadows for a couple years after that.

If you get impaneled, I hope you serve with jurors who are fair-minded, pay attention, and don't use preconceived notions and personal prejudices to decide the fate of the accused. Being judged by a jury of one's peers does not always ensure justice is served.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Expletive expletive expletive.

I was so much happier before I reviewed my security camera footage. A man walked up to my door at 3:30 am last night, looked directly at the camera, and then left.

Whyyyyyyyyyy

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@chemgirl -- those clandestine nighttime visits captured by your security camera are very creepy; I would be wigging out.

@redwood66 -- you could end up getting picked for a civil case... although you might not actually be called upon to render a verdict: here in NYC, more than a few civil cases settle after all the jurors have been sworn, but before any witnesses take the stand.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I was so much happier before I reviewed my security camera footage. A man walked up to my door at 3:30 am last night, looked directly at the camera, and then left.

Whyyyyyyyyyy

That's WAY creepy... UGH. Can you put up a motion detector light? Not even anything expensive or complicated, but maybe something battery operated that is easily mounted (up high so it can't be taken down without a ladder and can't be reached by climbing on the porch railing or that sort of thing) with a few screws? I've got one of these in the stairwell of my unit going to the back parking lot and it works well: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Beams...Spot-Light-with-Motion-Sensor-MB390/205299972

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's WAY creepy... UGH. Can you put up a motion detector light? Not even anything expensive or complicated, but maybe something battery operated that is easily mounted (up high so it can't be taken down without a ladder and can't be reached by climbing on the porch railing or that sort of thing) with a few screws? I've got one of these in the stairwell of my unit going to the back parking lot and it works well: http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Beams...Spot-Light-with-Motion-Sensor-MB390/205299972
Yes..I agree with Deejay.
We have motion sensor lights all around the house. You can adjust the sensitivity. Ours go on if a cat or raccoon runs by.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We have three! We installed motion sensor lights a few years ago. Home alarm system with the stickers visible and a camera on the front door. I thought we were good.

It's a quiet neighbourhood so people really don't seem to notice the lights.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have three! We installed motion sensor lights a few years ago. Home alarm system with the stickers visible and a camera on the front door. I thought we were good.

It's a quiet neighbourhood so people really don't seem to notice the lights.

Motion detector with chiming sound...? http://www.homedepot.com/p/Doberman...ctor-Alarm-Chime-2-Pack-SE-0104-2PK/301170036

Strobe instead of solid on light? https://www.amazon.com/Aspectek-Sen...&sr=8-2&keywords=motion+detector+strobe+light

What about a sign to the guy:

A$$hole,

Get off my fvcking porch.

NOW.

And DO NOT come back.

That will tell him you are aware of his intrusion, which may be enough to get him to stay away, especially if he's looking for an easy target.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Whyyyyyyyyyy

Oh my goodness that would freak me out. Dee has good ideas for sure.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just -- in the process of putting clean sheets on the bed -- tweaked my back worse than I've ever done it before. Usually I get a twinge at the time of the offending movement and then hours later, or even the next day, I'm screwed This time: fitted sheet corner tuck = instant and excruciating pain. So much pain I was nauseated (I've only had that once before when I badly sprained my ankle in a hotel lobby in Key West). Holy fvck does this hurt. I'm currently on the couch with a giant ice pack and a pillow under my knees. I'm genuinely afraid of what will happen later when I have to get up. The CB will need to help me for sure. God forbid I have to pee or anything before he gets home because it's simply not going to happen. So much for all my plans today too. Dammit.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have just -- in the process of putting clean sheets on the bed -- tweaked my back worse than I've ever done it before. Usually I get a twinge at the time of the offending movement and then hours later, or even the next day, I'm screwed This time: fitted sheet corner tuck = instant and excruciating pain. So much pain I was nauseated (I've only had that once before when I badly sprained my ankle in a hotel lobby in Key West). Holy fvck does this hurt. I'm currently on the couch with a giant ice pack and a pillow under my knees. I'm genuinely afraid of what will happen later when I have to get up. The CB will need to help me for sure. God forbid I have to pee or anything before he gets home because it's simply not going to happen. So much for all my plans today too. Dammit.
Oh no DEE! I know exactly how you feel. Do you happen to have any muscle relaxers? They do help right at the beginning. Though I cannot take anything like that more than at the very first. I hate pills but sometimes they are necessary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results