shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so sorry for your loss and your worry, chemgirl. I hope that the cat who is ill will be restored to health and that the two remaining with you will be with you for a long time.

Hugs,
Deb.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:
Chemgirl--hoping your 2 cats have many more years (and lives!) ahead of them. Very sorry for you loss.

healing vibes across the miles--Sharon

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
chemgirl - I am so sorry for your loss! You sound like an awesome kitty mom for recognizing her symptom as a problem so quickly. I am hoping for positive news on your other furbaby. Hopefully it is only a UTI. Dust to you and your kitties.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Chemgirl, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a terrible turn of events all around. I am sending tons and tons of healing dust to your kitties and detective dust to you to know for sure who is peeing the blood. I'm bummed for you that your DH is not home and I know just how that feels, having a pet health crisis when its just you to figure out/transport/vet visit, etc. Lots of hugs to you and the furry kiddos.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, I'm so sorry about the loss of your cat. What a terrible shock. Sending lots of dust that the issue with one of your other cats is minor and quickly resolved.

Hugs

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl I am so sorry for your loss.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! Looks like the blood puddles were the result of a uti so that's exciting!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank goodness. I was so hoping this would be what was going on with your sweet baby.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ok now a new random situation.

DH is out of town and he called me at 11:00pm to remind me to set the alarm system. I asked why he was waking me up to tell me this and turns out he was threatened by a homeless man today! Apparently the homeless man asked for money, DH was leaving th gym so didn't have any change, so the guy said not to worry, he knows where we live so he will just get it later. Ummm what? I confirmed that he was talking about the gym that's a block away from our house so homeless guy probably does know where he lives.

I'm sure nothing will happen, but that's not helping me get back to sleep!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, I just happened to see your post; I don't usually read this thread. I'm sure the guy has moved on by now and found someone else to target or gotten his fix, or is sheltered for the night. Expending precious energy on robbing someone isn't usually in these people's wheelhouses. They are looking for quick and easy. If you're really concerned, call the police, report what your husband said happened, and they'll probably at least drive by and make sure nothing out of the ordinary is going down. I live in a town with a large transient population and have worked with many of them. Yes, some are menacing and can become aggressive, but for the most part they tend to move on pretty quickly. You have an alarm system; that will scare him away especially if you live in a busy area.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Monarch, still alive so you are correct!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, glad the health scare for the kitties turned out to be fairly straightforward and nothing too serious! And glad you are safe and sound! So scary! (((HUGS))).

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad your kitty is ok @chemgirl, having pets is so rewarding, but when they are ill or old, how we worry.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Show Me the Bling should come with a warning.

I managed to escape its hypnotic clutches a while ago.
But I recently thought I'd 'just take a peek'. :doh:

Hooked again.
My budget priorities are under attack once more. :nono:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Show Me the Bling should come with a warning.

I managed to escape its hypnotic clutches a while ago.
But I recently thought I'd 'just take a peek'. :doh:

Hooked again.
My budget priorities are under attack once more. :nono:

:lol: I hear you but oh the pain is so sweet isn't it? :love::appl: And it gives us something to dream for and about and that is always good. Having goals.:cheeky::mrgreen::halo:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: I hear you but oh the pain is so sweet isn't it? :love::appl: And it gives us something to dream for and about and that is always good. Having goals.:cheeky::mrgreen::halo:

:lol:

So, spending lots of time drooling over the beauties in Show Me the Bling is actually part of the goal-setting process. :think:

I love it! :appl:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, she looks gorgeous! Just gorgeous!

I think the press has been very mean about Pippa in the past, and she just took it all and never said anything back. I hope she has a fabulous life and enjoys her wealth to the max! Fingers up to all the people who were horrid! (One boyfriend who she split up with leaked to the media that he and his family considered that Pippa wasn't "wife material." What a terrible thing to say!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend from high school died last weekend. We haven't been close the last 10 years, but had been meaning to get together again. So sad we kept putting it off!
She was 31years old. Found dead on the floor of her home. She had three children, including a three week old baby boy.

The worst part? (Beyond finding her dead on Mother's Day, also the day before her oldest daughter's birthday, her kids growing up without her, etc) Her boyfriend was the father of just the little baby. The father of the other two died a long time ago. So her family immediately turned on the boyfriend and seems to be setting up for a custody fight.

I don't know the situation well enough to know if he should or shouldn't have the kids (seems nice, but I don't know that well).

It just is a reminder to me that we can all be gone any time with no warning. Need to keep wills up to date including details of pets and kids. And make sure people know your wishes!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A friend from high school died last weekend. We haven't been close the last 10 years, but had been meaning to get together again. So sad we kept putting it off!
She was 31years old. Found dead on the floor of her home. She had three children, including a three week old baby boy.

The worst part? (Beyond finding her dead on Mother's Day, also the day before her oldest daughter's birthday, her kids growing up without her, etc) Her boyfriend was the father of just the little baby. The father of the other two died a long time ago. So her family immediately turned on the boyfriend and seems to be setting up for a custody fight.

I don't know the situation well enough to know if he should or shouldn't have the kids (seems nice, but I don't know that well).

It just is a reminder to me that we can all be gone any time with no warning. Need to keep wills up to date including details of pets and kids. And make sure people know your wishes!

TooPatient,

What a terrible loss. My condolences to you and her loved ones. I can't imagine what her poor children, her boyfriend, and other loved ones are going through. Very sad.

You're so right about having wills up-to-date and discussing our wishes with loved ones. Your reminder to do so is very important.

Hugs

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP I am sorry and what a terrible situation for the kids. Most definitely keeping things up to day is important.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh TooPatient, that is so sad. 31 years old and gone...I hope the kids go to the people who can
take the best care of them. They have a lot to go through. So sad...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh TooPatient, that is so sad. 31 years old and gone...I hope the kids go to the people who can
take the best care of them. They have a lot to go through. So sad...

That is my hope too. I was shocked the fighting started within just a day of her death. Her poor kids need stability and comfort right now. Not fighting. I hope they settle it like adults in the best interest of the kids.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can 2017 be over already? This year seems to be broken for so many people. Here and on FB and IRL, I am seeing so many people lose loved ones. Just so much loss and pain.

I have to try to focus on getting ready for my exam. Difficult to do as I had to make a very painful decision yesterday and my heart just hurts. One of my dogs from the shelter in Louisiana went from being mostly snuggly with a little dog aggression (with a very experienced foster who is trained to handle the difficult ones) to all of the sudden attacking the woman who gave him so much love in the last 6 months. Thankfully, she is "okay" with only stitches needed but that is only thanks to good luck and a neighbor with a gun. I talked with a dog trainer (specializes in the worst of the aggression cases) and others and decided (with full agreement from 5 other trainers, rescuers, etc) that I had no choice but to instruct them to humanely euthanize. I know it was the right choice. It just hurts so bad to have had to make that choice. Tiger.jpg

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient, I'm so sorry. What a painful decision to make, even though it was the only responsible decision.

Big Hugs

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh TP, I am so sorry. Very tragic but you had no choice - I know that doesn't make it any easier - sending hugs, comfort, and support to you.

Feeling so sad for all the PS members going through difficult times right now.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also sorry TooPatient ....such a hard decision to make and bad timing (not that there is ever a good time for this).
I guess there is comfort in knowing that the dog will never have the chance to hurt anyone again?

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TP I am sorry for this but you absolutely made the right decision.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ugh so a bit of an update on kitty. After 2 urinalysis there is no sign of infection, but a lot of blood. Enzymes are very high, as well as white blood cells and calcium. Next step is an ultrasound on Tuesday, but all of this together doesn't look great. Vet is preparing us for another cancer diagnosis. What a great month.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results