shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Austina. April has been a bad month at our house for pets.

For the past two days we have been nursing our very old Boston Terrier and finally made the decision to let her go this morning. I love our vet's office for being so good at what they do. She is in a better place but I am sad that my son (she was his dog) in the military was not able to be here. He did spend lots of time with her when he was home last year. I hate to see animals suffer. She had a very long and good life playing and being the bossy one to our Chow, our Border Collie, and our other Boston who went before her. Bostons are the best dogs ever.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I am so sorry Red.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Redwood - sending you love and hugs!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow redwood this has been a sad month in your house :blackeye:

Sending hugs. :blackeye:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all very much.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Red, I'm so sorry for your loss. I echo CJ. You have had an awfully sad month. Hugs to your family. Losing beloved animals in the worst.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Red, I'm so sorry. You have had a terrible month. This must have seemed even harder with your son so far away. Hugs

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood, I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through and the terrible loss of your beloved pets.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry to hear this, Red. Losing pets is heartbreaking. Sending you and your family good wishes.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Austina. April has been a bad month at our house for pets.

For the past two days we have been nursing our very old Boston Terrier and finally made the decision to let her go this morning. I love our vet's office for being so good at what they do. She is in a better place but I am sad that my son (she was his dog) in the military was not able to be here. He did spend lots of time with her when he was home last year. I hate to see animals suffer. She had a very long and good life playing and being the bossy one to our Chow, our Border Collie, and our other Boston who went before her. Bostons are the best dogs ever.

I am very sorry, red. It being right does not make it easy. I have done it when it was right, and it broke my heart.

Hugs,
(((red)))
Deb

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a few very very new members around here , who mainly post on Rocky Talky (especially one in particular) with an attitude which - in my opinion - comes across as rude. PS is supposed to be a great community, where people help each other and are polite to each other. Most of the oldest members around here are amazing people, who have been offering valuable help to others for so many years, while being extremely polite and considerate of other people's feelings and they have played a big role in making PS what it is. I can sincerely say that I consider all those people my friends and I wish I could meet them in person, because through the years they've made me love and appreciate them for their ways. It upsets me when I see irrelevant people,who just joined, "posting around" with the attitude of the ultimate expert and with a rudeness that is not appropriate for this community.
Alright, I vented now...:angryfire:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish you posted more, @Natylad ! And every time you post a picture of yourself, I always covet your long wavy princess hair!!!!!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are a few very very new members around here , who mainly post on Rocky Talky (especially one in particular) with an attitude which - in my opinion - comes across as rude.

I never go there and so I don't know who the "rude" poster is, but after seeing this thread I paid RockyTalky a visit tonight. I did leave message for someone. You can tell me if it is one of the rude ones if you choose to do so. The one I left a message for annoyed me.

Deb :wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never go there and so I don't know who the "rude" poster is, but after seeing this thread I paid RockyTalky a visit tonight. I did leave message for someone. You can tell me if it is one of the rude ones if you choose to do so. The one I left a message for annoyed me.

My dear Deb,
Thank you for taking care of this and in the specific manner that you did, which really made me smile ;-)! Yes, this poster has a rude attitude and he takes it around to many threads, not only mine. It really made me sad yesterday. People who are new to join PS should learn to respect its rules and values and behave accordingly for the sake of the community.
Hugs my dear Deb:wavey:

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish you posted more, @Natylad ! And every time you post a picture of yourself, I always covet your long wavy princess hair!!!!!

Oh, PintoBean!!! You are such a sweetheart! Hopefully I will be able to post much more from now on! I am a full time practicing lawyer but I am also an author of legal books and I really had to take a long break from PS in order to focus on my latest book, which has just been published (yay!:dance:) so now I will have more free time to go back to my usual bling interests and hang out with my PS friends !
And since you mentioned the hair, I just took a photo of myself with the hair (straight this time!) And my two diamond pendants!! Hugs!!

View attachment 20170504_072106.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wish my attorney was hot looking like Naty..
player.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dear Deb,
Thank you for taking care of this and in the specific manner that you did, which really made me smile ;-)! Yes, this poster has a rude attitude and he takes it around to many threads, not only mine. It really made me sad yesterday. People who are new to join PS should learn to respect its rules and values and behave accordingly for the sake of the community.
Hugs my dear Deb:wavey:

Hi, Natylad-

I revisited the thread after I read your above posting and saw that I had targeted the right guy and that you were not annoyed at my participation in the thread. On that visit I did say something else to him. (The stupid guy seemed to think that a hamster wheel was like something on which one played "Wheel of Fortune" and got answers.) However, Karl posted that he is a troll and that it is best not to feed him. So I will not. I just wanted you to know that you had friends! And of course you have many of them!

Big hugs back to you,

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Natylad-

I revisited the thread after I read your above posting and saw that I had targeted the right guy and that you were not annoyed at my participation in the thread. On that visit I did say something else to him. (The stupid guy seemed to think that a hamster wheel was like something on which one played "Wheel of Fortune" and got answers.) However, Karl posted that he is a troll and that it is best not to feed him. So I will not. I just wanted you to know that you had friends! And of course you have many of them!

Big hugs back to you,

Dear Deb,

Thank you for EVERYTHING. And many thanks to all my other PS friends who jumped in on this issue. I checked the other thread and I saw Karl's advice. He is absolutely right and we should behave accordingly.
As upsetting as this experience has been for me, I consider it a very positive one, because it gave me the opportunity to realise for one more time what you said: That I have friends around here and they are many. I love PS. Hopefully, i will be posting much more from now on. Hugs to all of you...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Natylad, You have the most beautiful hair. PInto Bean's princess hair describes it perfectly. I remember a while back you stated your mom wanted you to cut it. Please do not listen to your mom! Glad to see you back here.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, I wish my clients were as knowledgeable in diamonds and watches as you are!!!

Well done Miss NL. Good lawyers don't take the bait! :)

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think Natylad should bill DF by the Octavia or super ideal carat per hour :dance:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to all of you. It is much appreciated. After last month being so bad, this makes me happy this morning.

View from my backyard.

20170508_091011[1].jpg

MJ_Mac

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Red, I'm just catching up on this thread now. I am so sorry for everything you've been through. Pets are such an important part of our lives and it's hard to lose them. I feel bad for your son, I hope he took solace in the fact he got to spend lots of time with her during his last visit.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
red-

You wrote that the photo you posted is the view from your backyard. Is that just the pastoral view from your yard (horses and so forth) or are those your horses? I know you have horses, so at first I just assumed they were your horses, then I remembered the "never assume" mantra!

(Nice horses. I have horse envy. And it's not just Freudian. I haven't ridden in years, but I long to do so.)

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
red-

You wrote that the photo you posted is the view from your backyard. Is that just the pastoral view from your yard (horses and so forth) or are those your horses? I know you have horses, so at first I just assumed they were your horses, then I remembered the "never assume" mantra!

(Nice horses. I have horse envy. And it's not just Freudian. I haven't ridden in years, but I long to do so.)

Thank you Deb. Yes those are my horses that are in my avatar and my property ends at that green house in the distance. Those boys got to come in from the pasture this morning to eat all the grass that is growing up around our shop and barn. DH and I ride all spring, summer and fall. No riding in winter because I am a big baby when it comes to cold.

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
redwood, horses and an incredible view! Beautiful! :love:

If someone's feeling down, they should hug a horse and look into its eyes.

:))

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
We are having no luck with our cats lately. Two weeks ago we were packing to leave for Japan and noticed our girl was mouth breathing. We rushed her to the vet where they found fluid in her lungs. We live near a vet school so we were referred there to get the fluid tested before we flew out in the morning. Turned out it was a very aggressive cancer so we had to say goodbye. Was really hard to come home after our trip and not find her waiting at the door.

Now tonight I go to clean the litter box and there is a fairly large puddle of blood on the mat in front of it. One of our two remaining cats must be peeing blood. We called the emergency vet and they said to just observe for tonight and try to figure out which cat is doing it. Then bring that cat in to our regular vet for testing asap. Fun stuff. A bit afraid that the male might have a blockage, but he is acting normal so I have no clue.

They are all 12 so this is all happening far earlier than expected. My previous cats have all made it to 18-20!

Ugh. DH is leaving tomorrow so this is perfect timing. (He works from home and I have meetings all day. We set up a camera on the litter box so that I can watch it from my phone and try and do something if anything bad happens. What I don't know...)

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH Chemgirl I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending lots of dust that the blood in the urine is from a bladder infection and nothing more serious. My heart sank when I read your post. Please keep us posted. Hugs, hugs, hugs

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl, oh no, I am so sorry about your little girl!:cry:
I am hoping and praying for your other kitties and sending buckets and buckets of healing dust and good luck that this is nothing serious. Sending you good thoughts and gentle (((hugs))).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results