shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1325987870|3097575 said:
Oh I love the kitty photos! I wish I could take good photos of our kitties but one is chocolate brown and the other is jet black and all of our furniture is dark brown so they kind of just blend in. :sun:

I watched a ring on eBay last night sell for $304. It had an old cut diamond of 5.58mm set in a filigree setting. The owner didn't know too much about it and just wanted it sold. She would only sell to US bidders only and wouldn't accept questions so I couldn't even ask her to reconsider. ;(

:shock: sounds like a steal!

Btw- I can't wait to see your new 5 stone!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bean|1325951695|3097258 said:
One more.
My hammykins. He just hams it up.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

We should have a stickied thread for pet pics. I'm not the only cat lady around here :Up_to_something:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree|1326002897|3097732 said:
Thanks Amy! I'm hoping it ships soon! ::)

*Ships* soon? Does that mean it's done?
Well - where are the glamour pics?? :devil:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Ha ha, maybe i'm getting ahead of myself. :cheeky: Denise said it would be ready to ship out on moday unless i hear otherwise and i haven't heard otherwise...

I don't think i'll get any glamour shots will i? Since its not a completd piece?

Anyway...

I have some kitty pics!! :bigsmile:

This is my baby Tinka

And this is Jet

catphoto-2.jpg

tinkaphoto-3.jpg

jetphoto-4.jpg

jetphoto-5.jpg

Hera

Ideal_Rock
What types of cats are those Hawaiianorangetree? They are so striking!

April20

Ideal_Rock
I put DH on a low carb diet 3 weeks ago as he needs to drop some weight and doesnt do well with "limited" portions. I figured all the meat he wanted was a great fit. Well, the joke is on me. I cannot keep him full for anything. He's acting like a 17 year old boy with his appetite. Given that he's 42, I am NOT amused.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
heraanderson|1326069856|3098199 said:
What types of cats are those Hawaiianorangetree? They are so striking!

Thanks Hera :))

Tinka (the brown one) is a Tiffany, but he is 3/4 Burmese and 1/4 Birman. That's where the longer hair comes from.

Jet is a full Burmese but I believe to get a black burmese they had to breed with a Moggie at some point. He doesn't look like a typical purebred burmese but he behaves like one. :bigsmile: he can open doors and he fetches things and gets obsessive like a dog. We have never had a cat quite like him!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I always forget why I don't wear dresses to work until I, you know, wear a dress to work. I swear, you'd think nobody had ever worn a dress before! "What gives?" "You have an interview or something?" "Look who's all fancy today!"

Tomorrow it's back to pants.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1326068969|3098190 said:
Ha ha, maybe i'm getting ahead of myself. :cheeky: Denise said it would be ready to ship out on moday unless i hear otherwise and i haven't heard otherwise...

I don't think i'll get any glamour shots will i? Since its not a completd piece?

Anyway...

I have some kitty pics!! :bigsmile:

This is my baby Tinka

And this is Jet

Sooo cute!!!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started snowing here. So pretty and relaxing. Glad I don't have to go out in it, though.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
My parents just sold their house for less than other properties in their neighbourhood because its too high end.

I'm serious.

The couple who bought the house is going to rip out the brand new hardwood flooring and put in laminant.

They will be replacing the newish wood cabinets with white fiberboard.

They gave an insanely low initial offer because of these "problems".

Its not just them, several couples had the same complaints. They want their houses to look like the ones on the home renovation shows. They ignore the fact that most of those shows involve renovating on a budget or flipping for a profit. My parents renovated with the highest quality materials they could.

I can understand if a house just isn't your style, but complaining that wood floors aren't laminant is a bit mind boggling.

They live in a small town where the average income is very low. Its rare to find a house as nice as my parents old house.

And here my dad was worried that he'd have a hard time selling because of the old roof. Not one person asked about that.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
chemgirl|1326648757|3103460 said:
My parents just sold their house for less than other properties in their neighbourhood because its too high end.

I'm serious.

The couple who bought the house is going to rip out the brand new hardwood flooring and put in laminant.

Its not just them, several couples had the same complaints. They want their houses to look like the ones on the home renovation shows. They ignore the fact that most of those shows involve renovating on a budget or flipping for a profit. My parents renovated with the highest quality materials they could.

I can understand if a house just isn't your style, but complaining that wood floors aren't laminant is a bit mind boggling.

They live in a small town where the average income is very low. Its rare to find a house as nice as my parents old house.

And here my dad was worried that he'd have a hard time selling because of the old roof. Not one person asked about that.

:nono: :nono: :nono:

I hope these morons have the same issues with laminate (I can't mop, because low end flooring + crapy install = big time damage. Mopped once, and ended up with all sorts of water logged seams that stick up and pinch) and white fiberboard cabinets (can anyone say melting, shrinking plastic and screws that want to fall out after normal use for a few years??) that I've had. Your poor parents :(

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock

I'm serious.

Its the floors I would be most upset about, I have never heard of people doing this kind of thing - they sound like complete and utter idiots. Ripping up real wood to put down fake wood, trying to look like the real wood they are ripping out. :roll:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Lottie UK|1326661011|3103603 said:

I'm serious.

Its the floors I would be most upset about, I have never heard of people doing this kind of thing - they sound like complete and utter idiots. Ripping up real wood to put down fake wood, trying to look like the real wood they are ripping out. :roll:

This is going to sound really snobby, but my hometown isn't exactly the classiest place ever. Apparently the trend there is for laminant and people actually don't realize that wood is better. They think laminant is "engineered' and therefore more expensive. They see it on all of the home renovation shows and want that. In highschool, the "rich" people drove 5 hours to buy Ikea furniture and Ikea was considered high end.

Its just different.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd pay $100 to see the look on the contractor's face when they ask him to rip out wood to put in Pergo. People are entitled to make their own mistakes I guess. They could have held out for a buyer who'd appreciate the place *as is* -- but still no guarantee that they'd NEVER make changes (or weren't kissing *** to get a good deal.)

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh man to replacing the wood with pergo! :errrr:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy|1326668416|3103682 said:
Maybe they are intimidating by caring for real wood floors if they've never had them???? Or maybe their life situations are on the rough side -- like big dogs with gouging nails -- or a lot of heavy duty dirt/grime/oil etc?

Those are the ONLY reasons I could see to opt for tile or Pergo over wood floors (ESPECIALLY NEW WOOD FLOORS!!??!!!)

ETA: I can think of NO GOOD reason to opt for particle board white cabinets over existing wood ones -- just paint 'em white you doofuses.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1326668782|3103689 said:
Skippy|1326668416|3103682 said:
Maybe they are intimidating by caring for real wood floors if they've never had them???? Or maybe their life situations are on the rough side -- like big dogs with gouging nails -- or a lot of heavy duty dirt/grime/oil etc?

Those are the ONLY reasons I could see to opt for tile or Pergo over wood floors (ESPECIALLY NEW WOOD FLOORS!!??!!!)

ETA: I can think of NO GOOD reason to opt for particle board white cabinets over existing wood ones -- just paint 'em white you doofuses.

The current cabinets have a border on them. The new people want flat so particle board works I guess.

Its not just the person who bought the house, there were several people who wanted laminant rather than wood. I don't get it since wood isn't exactly hard to care for.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I refuse to stuff myself into underwear that makes me look like and feel like sausage stuffed in a casing! And if the dress/shirt/skirt/whatever doesn't fit without that kind of "help"... well, that's not making it home with me either!

:angryfire:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching hoarders, I don't know why I watch this before I go to bed because it always gives me nightmares!

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Asscherhalo_lover|1326689890|3103990 said:
I'm watching hoarders, I don't know why I watch this before I go to bed because it always gives me nightmares!

Same!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love getting rid of things. I made a big trip to Goodwill today and it's such a freeing feeling. :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1326689061|3103977 said:
I refuse to stuff myself into underwear that makes me look like and feel like sausage stuffed in a casing! And if the dress/shirt/skirt/whatever doesn't fit without that kind of "help"... well, that's not making it home with me either!

:angryfire:

spanx? lol.my SIL swears by it! lol

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
I think I have come to a full PS circle. I've made it to the dream stone/setting and can not possibly want anything different. Seriously. But how can anyone stand the wait? Seeing pictures of everyone's beautiful bling once did the trick, it no longer does. Next month can not come fast enough for various reasons. Now I'm bored during the wait. It makes me feel like listing some things for sale on the pre-loved forum. But then I would be right back here trying to figure out what else I can buy. This madness has got to stop. :rolleyes:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Woah, this guy I know is on tv! Like national tv!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1327021929|3107044 said:

what for?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1327022592|3107060 said:
chemgirl|1327021929|3107044 said:

what for?

Its an investment show and he pitched a product. Unfortunately not a terribly good product and they made fun of him a bit.

Still good for him though since the show is fairly popular (in Canada) and people will see his product.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1326668040|3103679 said:
I'd pay $100 to see the look on the contractor's face when they ask him to rip out wood to put in Pergo. People are entitled to make their own mistakes I guess. They could have held out for a buyer who'd appreciate the place *as is* -- but still no guarantee that they'd NEVER make changes (or weren't kissing *** to get a good deal.)

For the sake of those floors and those cabinets.. that's what I'm kinda hoping is going on! How utterly bizarre. And oh, yes, to see the contractor's face!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results