I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hawaiianorangetree said:
Handshot! :bigsmile:

*That is awesome* :bigsmile:

Congrats manderz!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

princess - ;( one of ours scratched me on the face the night before an interview - and that's just one of those things that no makeup in the world is gonna hide!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOT, I began reading at the bottom of the page, so I saw the picture before your first post about the mug. I saw what I thought was a ring, and I thought, it's really pretty but HUGE. I hope HOT's going to get it resized soon. :bigsmile:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear that Lottie. How sad!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my hand slapped earlier today and it's still bothering me. Why is it when you tell yourself what's done is done and it's time to let it go, that's the one thing you can't do?

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1324512082|3086453 said:
I got my hand slapped earlier today and it's still bothering me. Why is it when you tell yourself what's done is done and it's time to let it go, that's the one thing you can't do?

If it helps at all, someone parked in my parking space the other day. I'm still not over it!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I REALLY want Catherine Middleton's hair!

article-2077179-0F3F5F8E00000578-503_306x455.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
A while back there was a few threads about lucid dreaming. I've gotten pretty good at it - last night I conjured Julian Casablancas and had a fun little make out session. My intent was to understand his philosophy on writing music. I guess the 14 year old fan girl in me took over. I was excited because I haven't been able to conjure him in about a year (though I try every time). I once asked my subconscious (yes I also conjure my subconscious - to get insight into why I do certain things/anxiety issues, etc.) why I am never able to conjure him and my subconscious said it is because I "fake love" him. Whatever the heck that means.

Oh well, random comment on the random comment thread.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie|1324519208|3086517 said:

If it helps at all, someone parked in my parking space the other day. I'm still not over it!

Thanks Maisie! I did something wrong yesterday (didn't realize it at the time) and I was called out on it later. I felt horrible and I still have to deal with it later this morning. I just want this day to be over. After today, I'll be on vacation for 10 days, and I'm counting the minutes.

April20

Ideal_Rock
It's supposed to be 70 degrees today. 70. With a strong possibikity of thunderstorms which, thanks to the warm weather can produce tornados, so we're being warned about them as well. How NOT awesome is that.

April20

Ideal_Rock
It's supposed to be 70 degrees today. 70. With a strong possibikity of thunderstorms which, thanks to the warm weather can produce tornados, so we're being warned about them as well. How NOT awesome is that.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1324551216|3086671 said:
Maisie|1324519208|3086517 said:

Thanks Maisie! I did something wrong yesterday (didn't realize it at the time) and I was called out on it later. I felt horrible and I still have to deal with it later this morning. I just want this day to be over. After today, I'll be on vacation for 10 days, and I'm counting the minutes.

Enjoy your time off!! I'm really enjoying the Christmas holidays!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I just got Christmas carol'd! Never happened to me before! And, I started clapping at a pause in the song, rather than at the end. Way to go!! :lol: :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sooooo addicted to Pintrest.

I always said I was not crafty, but hello? Paint chip art?! Totally something I can handle. Cheap and easy...gotta love it. :bigsmile:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RANT - we're thinking about getting another cat, and I found a local shelter with a bunch of listings. Some of the reasons are - so far beyond appalling -

No time for your 8yo dog?
Moving??
Or how about *doesn't want* a 10month puppy???

Even worse, after helping at the shelter back in CA I know that people really do abandon their pets for those sorts of reasons... exactly how many 8yo dogs get happily ever afters with loving families, do you think? Or pit bull puppies in the PitBullPhobic NE?

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :(sad

I'm kinda worried about introducing number 4.. one of our current three is - high strung, shall we say? I'm wondering if a staid, placid older cat or a tiny non-threatening kitten is a better bet...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie--It breaks my heart to see all of the wonderful animals that are surrendered to shelters. Our local shelter shares profiles of new surrendered pups on Facebook, and they just posted one of a 6 year old Pit whose family lost their home, so now he's at the shelter. It's heartbreaking.

Get the kitty! They'll do fine. One more lovebug in the house is always a good thing. (Says the woman with three cats and two dogs.)

On a completely different note . . . it is Tuesday, December 27th, and I'm stalking PS for a thread with photos of your new ring. Yet, I don't see one. I can only assume I'm missing something, because I KNOW you wouldn't neglect us so . . . . :devil:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1325010690|3089381 said:
Yssie--It breaks my heart to see all of the wonderful animals that are surrendered to shelters. Our local shelter shares profiles of new surrendered pups on Facebook, and they just posted one of a 6 year old Pit whose family lost their home, so now he's at the shelter. It's heartbreaking.

Get the kitty! They'll do fine. One more lovebug in the house is always a good thing. (Says the woman with three cats and two dogs.)

On a completely different note . . . it is Tuesday, December 27th, and I'm stalking PS for a thread with photos of your new ring. Yet, I don't see one. I can only assume I'm missing something, because I KNOW you wouldn't neglect us so . . . . :devil:

Another vote for adopting the kitty Yssie! We have an older timid cat and when we adopted the other kitties he actually thrived! He started playing again like he was young and he engages with the others and while he is still timid he seems happier. Good luck! That is one lucky kitty!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cheers Haven, missy!!

There's a stray roaming nearby - from the fleeting glimpses I've caught it looks like a calico fluffball. And as DH pointed out this morning once (not if, mind!) we trap her there's no way we're not going to wind up keeping her, so we're going to wait on deliberately getting another. I definitely don't think surprising our three with *two* new cats will go over well - not to mention how they'll take to each other!

Two of them are siblings, and we've had them since they were tiny. We got the third a couple of years ago - she was a stray, and I always feel she's a bit left out, so I'm hoping #4 will pair off with her...

Ring - is safe and sound with my parents! I'm running all over the place this week so odds are we're not going to see it until this weekend ;(

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
OKay, this wait is going to kill me. But I'll manage, I'll manage.

Good luck trapping the kitty. And I hope your fourth pairs off with #3. Poor left-out kitty.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poor left-out kitty...

mm1.png
Yeah, I know, I've posted that one before... really just sums her up perfectly!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
SMOOOOSHY BELLY!!!!
Oh, she's so smushable! Nomnomnom. Pffffbt. (That's me giving her belly rubs and raspberries.)
I love big smushy kitty bellies. She needs a new best kitty friend FOR SURE! :cheeky:

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Haven|1325016200|3089476 said:
SMOOOOSHY BELLY!!!!
Oh, she's so smushable! Nomnomnom. Pffffbt. (That's me giving her belly rubs and raspberries.)
I love big smushy kitty bellies. She needs a new best kitty friend FOR SURE! :cheeky:

THIS! Oh she's so precious!!!! I needed that!

natascha

Brilliant_Rock
Uhh I just need to vent!

There were issues with my setting. After some emails back and forth with the maker (lets not name them) we finally decided that they were going to remake the entire setting. It was a huge PITA to send it back because I live in Sweden but they finally received it the 25 of November. Before this I received the info that the cast would take 7-10 days and then setting , etc would take a couple of days more. So stupidly I believed that I would have it back before Christmas. Anyhow, just received the info that the cast maybe will be back mid next week.

So no e-ring during Christmas, New years and probably not even for several family reunions that I have in January. One of which is meeting my fiancees extended family that I have never met (and we have been together for 5 years). It is great fun to respond to all the questions about where my engagement ring is and if my relationship is in trouble (my SO was working and could not make it to a couple of celebrationes, that plus missing e-ring apperaently equates to us having problems :nono: ).

Fun stuff is that once it is back I need to have my jeweler put in prongs and set it and they take out their vacations in January! I guess the good news is that my diamond is back to being a firecracker since it is no longer drowning in metal (I am putting in prongs now).

Ok thanks for allowing me to vent, back to our regular programming: cute and cuddly pets.

Our furbaby ( ok my moms since the SO is allergic) was a rescue puppy. He is just the sweetest thing ever and so cute, though not even the vet knows what mix he is :love: . If it were not for my SO's allergies I think I would become a crazy cat lady :lol: . The fotos of your furbabies are just too cute.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate domestic violence. I have no words for it. :(

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm starting to get FI's b-day present ready. His b-day is in June, but I like to get an early start. This year, it may take that long to scrounge up what I'm searching for -- IF it can even be found!
He's mentioned the missing button on his uniform several times over the last few years and I know he'd really like it if I could find one.

Certainly an interesting search. I'd like to keep it authentic. He was in just before there was a major change in uniforms (like they switched over within a few months or so of him leaving) so that is making it even more difficult.

I think I'm going to try getting in touch with a museum and seeing if they can help at all.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
what kind of a uniform?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Navy. I think this is his dress uniform. It has gold buttons on the front of his jacket and one of them got lost years ago.

The challenging part is that he go out of the Navy in 1974-ish and I've been reading that they changed the buttons as well as most of the rest of the uniform right after he left. (he's told me this too, but I had hoped that the buttons would be the same)

I'm also not clear on if the buttons are different for different ranks or ships etc.

If I can find a way to casually ask FI about the uniform, that would help. He knows I start his b-day present search about this time though and might get a bit suspicious if I start showing great interest in the details of Navy uniform buttons...

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
pssssssh. Tell him there's some debate online about pre-1974 uniforms in the Navy. Ask him if it really DID vary by ship or rank. Bat eyelashes coquettishly at him as he sets you straight so you can report back to me to settle an argument I was having with my brother in law who was ALSO in the Navy in the early 70's. To be discreet, you must ask about various aspects of the dress, not limited to buttons.

I will debate with you via the vast interwebs rather insistently with partially correct information until he makes it all better. We'll get the information because he will not stand for my ignorance. Easy peasy! lol!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs. taylor|1325108655|3090300 said:
pssssssh. Tell him there's some debate online about pre-1974 uniforms in the Navy. Ask him if it really DID vary by ship or rank. Bat eyelashes coquettishly at him as he sets you straight so you can report back to me to settle an argument I was having with my brother in law who was ALSO in the Navy in the early 70's. To be discreet, you must ask about various aspects of the dress, not limited to buttons.

I will debate with you via the vast interwebs rather insistently with partially correct information until he makes it all better. We'll get the information because he will not stand for my ignorance. Easy peasy! lol!

:lol:

Sneaky! The direct question approach! He's gotten used to me asking all sorts of odd questions and having conversations about all sorts of crazy stuff because "the ladies (and gentlemen!) online were talking about _____ "

Are you really having an argument with your BIL about Navy uniforms? (That would be sort of fun to see what they each say if you actually are)

His uniform is hanging in the hall closet so I can easily get to it. I've also got his discharge papers and some other stuff out on the dresser right now so I can pretty easily get more specifics about what I'm attempting to find.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
no, I don't even have a family member that was in the Navy! We are all coast guard and army for the most part over here. I would just be very willing to help in your quest for the perfect gift.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You had me fooled!

I'll let you know what I'm able to find out from him.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results