shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm very obsessed with pinterest, and wedding planning lately.

My sister and I are starting a photography business!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1325110140|3090314 said:
You had me fooled!

I'll let you know what I'm able to find out from him.

Check with an Army/Navy surplus store. They might be able to source it for you or at least clarify the rank/ship question.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hudson_Hawk|1325174399|3090750 said:
TooPatient|1325110140|3090314 said:
You had me fooled!

I'll let you know what I'm able to find out from him.

Check with an Army/Navy surplus store. They might be able to source it for you or at least clarify the rank/ship question.

Great idea! I know we've got lots of places around here like that so I'll have to see what I can find out from them. There is also a group in the area that documents Naval uniforms and is building their collection in a museum. (actually really interesting since they have stuff going WAY back all the way to the current stuff)

I mentioned Mrs.T's brother-in-law (great idea :appl: ) and was able to find out that enlisted men, petty officers, and officers had different buttons and "the crow" is different depending on what the person's job was. (ET or EW etc). FI was an enlisted EW during 4 of the years the Navy didn't use the "crackerjack" uniforms.
The jacket hanging in the closet that I thought was the one I needed to find buttons for turned out to be his Coast Guard jacket (pilot for the CG aux. for a few years)... so now I'm back to digging through the other uniforms to find what I'm looking for.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Now that's funny-my BIL is actually Coast Guard! lol!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
A Facebook friend who I went to Pony Club (do they exist in the US? It's like a horse riding club) for many years posted on Facebook today that all four of her horses were killed by lightening strike. Can you imagine it? To lose one that way would be shocking but to lose all four is just unimaginable. What an end to a year. :blackeye:

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1325353683|3092326 said:
A Facebook friend who I went to Pony Club (do they exist in the US? It's like a horse riding club) for many years posted on Facebook today that all four of her horses were killed by lightening strike. Can you imagine it? To lose one that way would be shocking but to lose all four is just unimaginable. What an end to a year. :blackeye:

That's so sad! I have always wondered how safe it was to have horses outside during a storm, but lightning never crossed my mind. Poor guys.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Vent: Why do people assume that because I have 3 cats, I'd be willing to take in more? DH posted a cute picture of one of our cats on Facebook and a girl commented that our cats would be a perfect match for 2 of her fosters. He politely declined and now she's trying to guilt him in to it. Cat foster parents should know more than most how expensive and time consuming cats can be. We're not really keen on spending another $2000 per year (best case scenario) and lots of our time training these cats. There's also a very real chance that they wouldn't mesh well with our existing cats. The last thing we need is 3 males marking their territory on our white carpets! Its really not fair to our cats.

We're not selfish jerks who hate animals. We just don't want to take on more than we can handle!

This is the same girl who posted over 30 comments to DH's status of "Gone fishing" :roll:

Edited to add the picture!

Wii kitty.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1325169657|3090720 said:
I'm very obsessed with pinterest, and wedding planning lately.

My sister and I are starting a photography business!

Good for you! I <3 photography :)

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1325353683|3092326 said:

:(. Terrible news!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yssie|1325015957|3089473 said:
Poor left-out kitty...

mm1.png
Yeah, I know, I've posted that one before... really just sums her up perfectly!

Sooooo cute!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Natascha- cant wait to see the improved setting!!

This winter has been weird. So warm.. barely any snow... Whatever, I'll take it after last year!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
bean|1325600388|3093991 said:
This winter has been weird. So warm.. barely any snow... Whatever, I'll take it after last year!

It was amazing, until yesterday. Here in WNY we got some snow, and it went from mid 40's a few days ago, to 0 right now. NOT impressed!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chemgirl -- So cute! Is he a Mainecoon? Such a fluffy tummy!
Sorry you're having to deal with the pushiness. We've got 2 cats and 2 dogs so I definitely understand!

HOT -- I'm sorry! That is just awful. Losing an animal is so hard.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1325706235|3095065 said:
Sorry you're having to deal with the pushiness. We've got 2 cats and 2 dogs so I definitely understand!

Thanks! She looks like a mainecoon, but she was a stray so not entirely sure what she is. She is missing the tops of her ears so it looks like she has big mainecoon ear tufts when they're actually fairly average.

We have 2 girls and 1 boy and they get along so well. The boy is king and the girls clean him :roll: Gender stereotypes at work even in the animal kingdom. The two rescues were boys so the big concern would be them throwing everything off and starting a turf war!

Here's my favorite fuzzy belly picture! She always sleeps on her back. She's so cute and has so much attitude!

How are your cats doing? I remember your mentioning some health issues.

jabba.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1325718919|3095248 said:

Thanks! She looks like a mainecoon, but she was a stray so not entirely sure what she is. She is missing the tops of her ears so it looks like she has big mainecoon ear tufts when they're actually fairly average.

We have 2 girls and 1 boy and they get along so well. The boy is king and the girls clean him :roll: Gender stereotypes at work even in the animal kingdom. The two rescues were boys so the big concern would be them throwing everything off and starting a turf war!

Here's my favorite fuzzy belly picture! She always sleeps on her back. She's so cute and has so much attitude!

OMG SO CUTE!!! Ohhh what a cuddlable snugglable bundle of fluff :love: :love: :love:

Our girls clean our boy too. And they bury for him - he's got it good around here :devil:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Luv the kitty pics! My neighbourhood cat came to visit me the other evening--she liked my Christmas tree and sat on my table!

cheers--Sharon

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lily (my little gray girl kitty) still has wheezing problems because of her asthma, but she's doing a lot better. We keep an eye on her and give her Benadryl (vet's direction!) every time she starts to have any sort of allergy problems and that has been keeping away the sinus infections she's always had problems with. I do worry every day when we leave for work that she'll have an asthma attack while we're gone and we'll come home to find her dead ;(
She is really enjoying life though. Now that she doesn't have the ongoing sinus infection, she loves to run & play ( & snuggle :love: )

Sven is as healthy as ever and still loves playing with Millie even though she is as big as he is now.

snuggly cats.png

still like to play.png

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1325880260|3096698 said:

Lily (my little gray girl kitty) still has wheezing problems because of her asthma, but she's doing a lot better. We keep an eye on her and give her Benadryl (vet's direction!) every time she starts to have any sort of allergy problems and that has been keeping away the sinus infections she's always had problems with. I do worry every day when we leave for work that she'll have an asthma attack while we're gone and we'll come home to find her dead ;(
She is really enjoying life though. Now that she doesn't have the ongoing sinus infection, she loves to run & play ( & snuggle :love: )

Sven is as healthy as ever and still loves playing with Millie even though she is as big as he is now.

sooo cute!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is the first day in a week that I am dressed in real clothes, hair done, with makeup on. I may even get out of the house! I had some kind of nasty virus that is finally letting go a little bit. Can't wait until I am no longer coughing. I hate coughing.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Bean!! Milestone! :appl: :appl:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1325967450|3097382 said:
Today is the first day in a week that I am dressed in real clothes, hair done, with makeup on. I may even get out of the house! I had some kind of nasty virus that is finally letting go a little bit. Can't wait until I am no longer coughing. I hate coughing.

glad you are feeling better!!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bean|1325951124|3097248 said:
I MADE IT TO 5000 posts in less than 4 years! WOOP!

:lol:

congrats!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's 63 degrees here today :)

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The cat pictures are so cute!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the kitty photos! I wish I could take good photos of our kitties but one is chocolate brown and the other is jet black and all of our furniture is dark brown so they kind of just blend in. :sun:

I watched a ring on eBay last night sell for $304. It had an old cut diamond of 5.58mm set in a filigree setting. The owner didn't know too much about it and just wanted it sold. She would only sell to US bidders only and wouldn't accept questions so I couldn't even ask her to reconsider. ;(

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
GO LIONS!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results