shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes it hits me how different my friends and I are. I'm going to visit my BF in England in March, and I'm going for 9 days. I told my friend about it, and she said, "Wow, that's a really long trip. Are you sure you don't want to go for less time? I mean, what if something goes wrong? What will you do if you're miserable but stuck with him?"

Okay, she has a point - I don't really think that anything will go wrong, but you never know. But it just didn't occur to me that I'd be stuck with him. She said it like there was no other choice, but my first instinct was, "Well, then, I'll pack up my stuff, find an internet cafe, and look up hostels in Edinburgh or somewhere and get on a bus. Easy." That had apparently never crossed her mind. I mean, if things do go wrong and we break up or something while I'm there, I'll still be in England. I can have an adventure.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Princess- why would your BFF even think negatively about your trip?? Kinda strange. I don't my friends would have said something like that to me.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I think A) she knows how cautious I have been lately and this is VERY different from that and B) she's been burned a lot lately, so is deep in a "men are not to be trusted" headspace. Knowing her, it's much more about her not wanting me to be hurt or in a bad position on the off chance something goes wrong, whereas I have my rose-coloured glasses planted firmly on my face.

It was more her inability to imagine what else I could do if things *did* go wrong that confuses me. It's like she imagined me still being stuck at his place with nowhere to go.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1327081593|3107513 said:
I think A) she knows how cautious I have been lately and this is VERY different from that and B) she's been burned a lot lately, so is deep in a "men are not to be trusted" headspace. Knowing her, it's much more about her not wanting me to be hurt or in a bad position on the off chance something goes wrong, whereas I have my rose-coloured glasses planted firmly on my face.

It was more her inability to imagine what else I could do if things *did* go wrong that confuses me. It's like she imagined me still being stuck at his place with nowhere to go.

Always good to have someone looking out for you! I like to think positively- you will have a great time and all will go well :)

April20

Ideal_Rock
I'm hanging out at a friend's house today and when I got here, the street was packed. That is never the case. Turns out they're filming an episode of "mega dens" (some diy network show I've never heard of) across the street. It is insane out there!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
princesss|1327080366|3107495 said:
That had apparently never crossed her mind. I mean, if things do go wrong and we break up or something while I'm there, I'll still be in England. I can have an adventure.

It happens sometimes that your mind doesn't make a connection (like the connection between visiting boyfriend > vacation in England). I once accompanied a friend to a University library where she had to study. When we got there it was kind of late at night, I found myself a comfortable couch-like seat and decided to take a nap (she was the one studying for med school, not me ;-) ). Anyway, I thought how comfy it would be to have a book under my head and asked her if she by any chance brought a spare textbook with her so I could use it as a "pillow." She just gave me this shocked/surprised look and then her eyes slowly moved over to the University stacks... :lol:

April20

Ideal_Rock
I've been on the hunt for a new dining room table. I need a round one to fit in the condo we are buying. I prefer to buy antiques when I can afford them. I stopped into this candy store of an antique shop yesterday that specializes in American Period furniture from about 1880-1920. They are extremely reasonable as it relates to price and so, so knowledgable. I fell in love with a 1910 Victorian table with claw feet in mahogany. I took DH back to see it today and now it's mine! I am stoked.

Now I just need to sell what I have!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
April20|1327436207|3110674 said:
I'm hanging out at a friend's house today and when I got here, the street was packed. That is never the case. Turns out they're filming an episode of "mega dens" (some diy network show I've never heard of) across the street. It is insane out there!

so fun!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MrsBettyBoop|1326948977|3106482 said:
I think I have come to a full PS circle. I've made it to the dream stone/setting and can not possibly want anything different. Seriously. But how can anyone stand the wait? Seeing pictures of everyone's beautiful bling once did the trick, it no longer does. Next month can not come fast enough for various reasons. Now I'm bored during the wait. It makes me feel like listing some things for sale on the pre-loved forum. But then I would be right back here trying to figure out what else I can buy. This madness has got to stop. :rolleyes:

So, I would love to know what you have gotten MrsBettyBoop. I know you sold that beautiful OEC for a 3ct right?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1327554615|3112011 said:
MrsBettyBoop|1326948977|3106482 said:
I think I have come to a full PS circle. I've made it to the dream stone/setting and can not possibly want anything different. Seriously. But how can anyone stand the wait? Seeing pictures of everyone's beautiful bling once did the trick, it no longer does. Next month can not come fast enough for various reasons. Now I'm bored during the wait. It makes me feel like listing some things for sale on the pre-loved forum. But then I would be right back here trying to figure out what else I can buy. This madness has got to stop. :rolleyes:

So, I would love to know what you have gotten MrsBettyBoop. I know you sold that beautiful OEC for a 3ct right?

Oh I'm curious

April20

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1327549504|3111966 said:
April20|1327436207|3110674 said:

so fun!

They are still working on it! And it seems so fast on TV......

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
uhhh, $42 for a wire transfer thru a bank? :rolleyes: You've GOT to be kidding me! But yes, I paid it....... :o

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1327611425|3112431 said:
uhhh, $42 for a wire transfer thru a bank? :rolleyes: You've GOT to be kidding me! But yes, I paid it....... :o

That is pretty high!

Our clearing firm only charges $25 for a wire transfer. The firm we switched from was only $20.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I may not need to track down buttons for the uniform.... we may not even have the jacket!

We had been talking about uniforms (okay, I was fishing for more details) and I mentioned that I don't remember seeing his uniform. He was going to show me but couldn't find it in the closet. It SHOULD have been with the CG uniforms. We checked all of the closets and just can't find anything. He says a friend of his shipped it up to him a couple of years ago but I don't remember that. Maybe the friend still has it? Maybe it wound up in the storage shed?

We're going to check the shed and see if we can find it. I'll also call and check with the friend to see if he still has it. If it isn't there, I don't know what I'll do from there. I don't think he'd want a replacement. At least not right away.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1327687349|3113189 said:
canuk-gal|1327611425|3112431 said:

That is pretty high!
Our clearing firm only charges $25 for a wire transfer. The firm we switched from was only $20.

I know! Our banking fee plan (and all those fees) did not cover it! Just Awesome--everything in Canada COSTS! About as painful as folding a dryload full of dark socks! :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

April20

Ideal_Rock
I sent my 5 stone OEC ring off to Brian Gavin today to see if he can polish out some abrasions. I miss her already.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Who thinks leaving your entire life in england to marry a man you barely know and live with him in a third world country is a good idea?

Any takers?

What if I told you that he runs a dodgey business, not educated beyond high school, is almost 40 and never married (in a country where 99% of men are married by 25) and never plans to leave this country? And your brother thinks he's a player and your mother hates him.

Tempted?

Ladies and gentleman, I give you my poor, misguided SIL.

We tried. Its like watching a car crash in slo mo. :(

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1327770988|3113848 said:
Who thinks leaving your entire life in england to marry a man you barely know and live with him in a third world country is a good idea?

Any takers?

What if I told you that he runs a dodgey business, not educated beyond high school, is almost 40 and never married (in a country where 99% of men are married by 25) and never plans to leave this country? And your brother thinks he's a player and your mother hates him.

Tempted?

unfortunately she will have to learn the hard way :((

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't have anything in particular of substance to say right now. Having a serious bout of insomnia. Up at 4:00 a.m., woo hoo. Saw there were 6999 posts in the thread and am chiming in to claim the 7000th post!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
mary poppins|1327827232|3114050 said:
I don't have anything in particular of substance to say right now. Having a serious bout of insomnia. Up at 4:00 a.m., woo hoo. Saw there were 6999 posts in the thread and am chiming in to claim the 7000th post!

lOL I only came in to say " congratulations! You are the 7000th poster!!!" :cheeky:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1327771751|3113858 said:
rosetta|1327770988|3113848 said:

Any takers?

Tempted?

unfortunately she will have to learn the hard way :((

Ooh I have to agree unfortunately! Hopefully she comes to her senses quickly.

I have a friend, who is a clinical psychologist, text me the other day to ask how much a 1ct diamond would cost. I only saw her in the week between Xmas and NY and there were no prospective BF's on the horizon, so I asked who it was for. Well it's for her. She is fallen in love with a guy and they have booked tickets to Europe for the end of March to go meet his family and buy a diamond in belgium and get engaged. :shock: I love her to death but I'm not going to be the one to talk some sense in to her! The heart wants what the heart wants and I don't think anyone can talk a person out of it!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1327832324|3114064 said:
mary poppins|1327827232|3114050 said:

lOL I only came in to say " congratulations! You are the 7000th poster!!!" :cheeky:

Haha!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally agree HOT. I know way too many people getting engaged right now for the wrong reasons, ie: I want my fairy tale wedding,all my friends are engaged or married. Can only hope they come to their senses soon.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
HOT how is your new ring treating you? :love:

princesss

Ideal_Rock
You know you're a PSer when you're looking up nail polish colours and see a picture of a hand with a gorgeous ring and think "Hey, I think I know that hand/raing!"

And you're right.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1327877920|3114437 said:
You know you're a PSer when you're looking up nail polish colours and see a picture of a hand with a gorgeous ring and think "Hey, I think I know that hand/raing!"

And you're right.

haha.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Amys Bling|1327871658|3114392 said:

Very well thank you! I have to be careful when driving though... It's such a distraction!

I'm on my way to FedEx to pick up the newest member of the family, hope I like it as much as this one! :naughty:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1327895146|3114628 said:
Amys Bling|1327871658|3114392 said:

Very well thank you! I have to be careful when driving though... It's such a distraction!

I'm on my way to FedEx to pick up the newest member of the family, hope I like it as much as this one! :naughty:

Ooo do tell... :naughty:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I got a new pendant! It's an OEC from JBEG. It's a very pretty stone in a bezel. It apparently measures 6.5mm in the bezel but it looks smaller to me than I imagined it would be (more like my studs that are 5.5mm) so I'm not too sure what to do!
On one hand it's beautiful and it ticked every box that I was after (ct size, colour, style, budget), but on the other i'm not sure now if it's big enough! Hmm.... :confused:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1327929498|3114780 said:
I got a new pendant! It's an OEC from JBEG. It's a very pretty stone in a bezel. It apparently measures 6.5mm in the bezel but it looks smaller to me than I imagined it would be (more like my studs that are 5.5mm) so I'm not too sure what to do!
On one hand it's beautiful and it ticked every box that I was after (ct size, colour, style, budget), but on the other i'm not sure now if it's big enough! Hmm.... :confused:

Yay! Hmm, after the excitement of a new sparkly wears off will you still br completely happy with it? I don't think JbEG has a trade up policy so you would have to sell and then buy another I'd you wanted bigger down the road... Tough call!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results