shape
carat
color
clarity

I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Yeah I'm going to sleep on it. I'm giving myself a headache trying to see the differences in size between my studs, pendant and ring so I think it's time to step away for the night. Lol :cheeky:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1327930816|3114783 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1327929498|3114780 said:
I got a new pendant! It's an OEC from JBEG. It's a very pretty stone in a bezel. It apparently measures 6.5mm in the bezel but it looks smaller to me than I imagined it would be (more like my studs that are 5.5mm) so I'm not too sure what to do!
On one hand it's beautiful and it ticked every box that I was after (ct size, colour, style, budget), but on the other i'm not sure now if it's big enough! Hmm.... :confused:

Yay! Hmm, after the excitement of a new sparkly wears off will you still br completely happy with it? I don't think JbEG has a trade up policy so you would have to sell and then buy another I'd you wanted bigger down the road... Tough call!

If you are unsure I would call JBEG and ask for a few more days to decide. I think their return policy is only 3 days but I am sure they would extend it a bit so you can be sure about this purchase.

Do you have pics to show us? :cheeky:

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
So, our ups delivery person has been signing for our packages, and leaving them on our porch. Not terribly impressed, as I think one of my books is MIA.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
missy|1327932099|3114793 said:
Amys Bling|1327930816|3114783 said:
hawaiianorangetree|1327929498|3114780 said:
I got a new pendant! It's an OEC from JBEG. It's a very pretty stone in a bezel. It apparently measures 6.5mm in the bezel but it looks smaller to me than I imagined it would be (more like my studs that are 5.5mm) so I'm not too sure what to do!
On one hand it's beautiful and it ticked every box that I was after (ct size, colour, style, budget), but on the other i'm not sure now if it's big enough! Hmm.... :confused:

Yay! Hmm, after the excitement of a new sparkly wears off will you still br completely happy with it? I don't think JbEG has a trade up policy so you would have to sell and then buy another I'd you wanted bigger down the road... Tough call!

If you are unsure I would call JBEG and ask for a few more days to decide. I think their return policy is only 3 days but I am sure they would extend it a bit so you can be sure about this purchase.

Do you have pics to show us? :cheeky:

I took it to a jeweler today and they measured it with their digital calipers... It's 6.56mm. It's amazing how my eyes make it look smaller! Not sure what I am going to do... I'm swaying on the side of keeping it just so I don't have to deal with postage and customs refunds. :)

I'll get onto those photos missy!

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
manderz|1327977940|3115288 said:
So, our ups delivery person has been signing for our packages, and leaving them on our porch. Not terribly impressed, as I think one of my books is MIA.

Ooh that's naughty! And surely illegal? :confused:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1328005981|3115450 said:

Eek.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1328008596|3115454 said:

Eek.

I haven't a clue, but we are looking into it. I'm absolutely not paying for a replacement book (a text for school) if it is missing.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
manderz|1328063218|3116072 said:
Amys Bling|1328008596|3115454 said:

Eek.

I haven't a clue, but we are looking into it. I'm absolutely not paying for a replacement book (a text for school) if it is missing.

You should be able to file a claim.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
April20|1327542655|3111852 said:
I've been on the hunt for a new dining room table. I need a round one to fit in the condo we are buying. I prefer to buy antiques when I can afford them. I stopped into this candy store of an antique shop yesterday that specializes in American Period furniture from about 1880-1920. They are extremely reasonable as it relates to price and so, so knowledgable. I fell in love with a 1910 Victorian table with claw feet in mahogany. I took DH back to see it today and now it's mine! I am stoked.

Now I just need to sell what I have!

Requesting pics!?

My dream dining table is in a little antique shop in Jersey. It's from the early 1900s I think, though it's since been refinished, seats 10 and has all original chairs intact. The entire table surface is etched with a floral/aquatic design - it's *incredible*. Price is well into Never Gonna Happen territory but oh, I can dream!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I have so much going on in the next few months and so much I need to accomplish, but all I can think about is "37 days until I see my BF." Gahhhhhhh. Nevermind the fundraising I'm doing, the date auction I'm in, the weekend trip with friends, my BF's birthday that I'm trying to secure a gift for, a visa to apply for, the fact that I need to clean out my closet, visit a friend and meet her new daughter, bake for friends coming back to visit, plus pre-auction events, plus hanging out with my dad, plus plus plus plus plus. And while I'm not stressed (I'm actually kind of energized by everything going on), I find myself wishing even the fun stuff would be over so that I can just board that plane to see him for a whole week.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
princesss|1328115072|3116438 said:
I have so much going on in the next few months and so much I need to accomplish, but all I can think about is "37 days until I see my BF." Gahhhhhhh. Nevermind the fundraising I'm doing, the date auction I'm in, the weekend trip with friends, my BF's birthday that I'm trying to secure a gift for, a visa to apply for, the fact that I need to clean out my closet, visit a friend and meet her new daughter, bake for friends coming back to visit, plus pre-auction events, plus hanging out with my dad, plus plus plus plus plus. And while I'm not stressed (I'm actually kind of energized by everything going on), I find myself wishing even the fun stuff would be over so that I can just board that plane to see him for a whole week.

Aww, time will def fly by- enjoy all the fun things in between :)

April20

Ideal_Rock
The sound of people chewing food really grosses me out. I'm having to listen to someone right now along with smacking and I really think I might puke. It's my BIGGEST pet peeve. Can people not eat QUIETLY?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Boo the girl I eat lunch with is randomly not working at my company anymore. Everybody I normally chat with has no idea what happened. I was out of the office for one afternoon and then come back to an email saying she's no longer with the company. Confused and concerned.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
April20|1328137204|3116754 said:
The sound of people chewing food really grosses me out. I'm having to listen to someone right now along with smacking and I really think I might puke. It's my BIGGEST pet peeve. Can people not eat QUIETLY?

the slurping of soup really gets to me! :roll:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1328221866|3117677 said:
Boo the girl I eat lunch with is randomly not working at my company anymore. Everybody I normally chat with has no idea what happened. I was out of the office for one afternoon and then come back to an email saying she's no longer with the company. Confused and concerned.

awww that stinks!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chemgirl|1328221866|3117677 said:

Strange! I hope she's okay.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having a really rough week and I don't want to come across as whiny or overly negative so most people don't know. They just think I'm tired.

I've had about 2 hours of sleep (max) each night starting Sunday. (5 days like this now!). My wonderful puppy (18-19 years old) has been having problems at night. We're doing everything we can to make sure she is comfortable and happy. She isn't in any pain and doesn't have any health issues to speak of. Still has energy during the day, plenty of appetite, and is going potty normally. She's just... tired. She seems to get scared and anxious at night. I've got her sleeping right by me and that is helping, but I really think she is leaving us soon.

My cousin's baby (2 weeks old) is in the hospital being treated for spinal meningitis after going to the ER with seizures.

My mom is at the cardiologist right now after having chest pains and tingling/numbness (what she described sounded VERY much like a stroke to me, but I didn't find out until 2 days ago (several weeks after it happened) and she didn't bother to go to a doctor (mentioned it this week to dr when she was getting seen for a sinus infection) so I don't know what they're going to do.

To make things even worse, I got an e-mail about an hour ago letting me know that my grandfather was taken to the emergency room last night. I've got no idea what is going on and can't get any information until my mom is done at the cardiologist.

I just really want them to all be okay.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1328286098|3118272 said:
I'm having a really rough week and I don't want to come across as whiny or overly negative so most people don't know. They just think I'm tired.

I've had about 2 hours of sleep (max) each night starting Sunday. (5 days like this now!). My wonderful puppy (18-19 years old) has been having problems at night. We're doing everything we can to make sure she is comfortable and happy. She isn't in any pain and doesn't have any health issues to speak of. Still has energy during the day, plenty of appetite, and is going potty normally. She's just... tired. She seems to get scared and anxious at night. I've got her sleeping right by me and that is helping, but I really think she is leaving us soon.

My cousin's baby (2 weeks old) is in the hospital being treated for spinal meningitis after going to the ER with seizures.

My mom is at the cardiologist right now after having chest pains and tingling/numbness (what she described sounded VERY much like a stroke to me, but I didn't find out until 2 days ago (several weeks after it happened) and she didn't bother to go to a doctor (mentioned it this week to dr when she was getting seen for a sinus infection) so I don't know what they're going to do.

To make things even worse, I got an e-mail about an hour ago letting me know that my grandfather was taken to the emergency room last night. I've got no idea what is going on and can't get any information until my mom is done at the cardiologist.

Sorry to hear about this!! Rough week for sure. How I your cousins baby doing? some of the students I have current were meningitis babies- I hope she/he is recovering well.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amys Bling|1328288944|3118316 said:

Sorry to hear about this!! Rough week for sure. How I your cousins baby doing? some of the students I have current were meningitis babies- I hope she/he is recovering well.

I'm not sure how he's doing this morning. He wasn't doing well last night. They've got him on antibiotics in the hospital and they're allowing his mom to stay with him. As of yesterday, they were expecting him to be there on the antibiotics for at least 3 weeks.

I'm glad to hear your students were okay. This isn't something I'm too familiar with but I know it is a very serious thing.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1328289518|3118325 said:
Amys Bling|1328288944|3118316 said:

I'm not sure how he's doing this morning. He wasn't doing well last night. They've got him on antibiotics in the hospital and they're allowing his mom to stay with him. As of yesterday, they were expecting him to be there on the antibiotics for at least 3 weeks.

I'm glad to hear your students were okay. This isn't something I'm too familiar with but I know it is a very serious thing.

one thing to look for once the baby is home and recovered is hearing... sometimes the medications and treatments that will help to preserve life can damage hearing. I am a TOD so I am somewhat familiar with this- but my students have all been doing well, and receiving all the appropriate interventions and treatments :bigsmile:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My grandfather went home from the hospital. No idea what caused it, but I'm hoping they'll do follow up and see WHY he had the problems. Turns out his nose started to bleed badly and wouldn't stop.

Nothing new on the baby.

Sentra (my dog) is looking better today, but I still feel like she's wearing out and going to leave us soon.

My mom saw the cardiologist. Wasn't heart attack. She didn't ask about possibility of stroke. She'll talk more to them on Monday. I'm not sure if it was anything that bad though. I thought it may have been anxiety and think that even more likely now that she's told me her big news (I found out yesterday evening, most family doesn't know yet) -- she's getting a divorce.

Anyway, just the ups and downs of life. I'm still worried about my grandfather. Doing the best I can to make sure my dog is comfortable and pampered as long as she's with us. Worried about the baby. Extremely worried about my mom.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient,
I am so sorry about all the stuff that is going on with your family and I hope everyone continues to get better! Life can be so stressful and when health issues pop up everything else seems so much less important. :((

Right now I am very anxious myself as my dh was diagnosed with Central Retinal Vein occlusion in his right eye on Friday and there is no treatment. We just have to wait and hope for the best. He doesn't have any of the risk factors for CRVO so it just makes it more confusing. He needs a whole battery of tests starting next week just to rule certain things out. He can lose vision in the right eye totally and has a higher chance that the left eye could become affected also. ;(

I am trying to keep positive for his sake but I am so worried. It almost makes it worse that I am in the eye field because I feel so helpless. There is nothing we can do but wait. I would so appreciate having PS dust come his way. He has had a tough health year 2011 and it seems 2012 is continuing along the same path. I am hoping the outcome continues to be favorable just like it was in 2011.

On another note, because of this health issue, I supported my dh in purchasing a Robert Cardinal painting yesterday in New Hope. Under normal circumstances I would have probably not agreed to it because it was more than I wanted us to spend but because of Friday's diagnosis life seems so fragile and I just wanted to live in the moment and let him enjoy getting this painting. He has been coveting it for months (we first saw it in October) and the fact that it was still in the art gallery yesterday was sort of a sign that it was meant to be ours. At least that's how we saw it. :cheeky:
Of course when I think of all the great bling I could have bought for that money...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
missy|1328447182|3119458 said:
TooPatient,
I am so sorry about all the stuff that is going on with your family and I hope everyone continues to get better! Life can be so stressful and when health issues pop up everything else seems so much less important. :((

Right now I am very anxious myself as my dh was diagnosed with Central Retinal Vein occlusion in his right eye on Friday and there is no treatment. We just have to wait and hope for the best. He doesn't have any of the risk factors for CRVO so it just makes it more confusing. He needs a whole battery of tests starting next week just to rule certain things out. He can lose vision in the right eye totally and has a higher chance that the left eye could become affected also. ;(

I am trying to keep positive for his sake but I am so worried. It almost makes it worse that I am in the eye field because I feel so helpless. There is nothing we can do but wait. I would so appreciate having PS dust come his way. He has had a tough health year 2011 and it seems 2012 is continuing along the same path. I am hoping the outcome continues to be favorable just like it was in 2011.

On another note, because of this health issue, I supported my dh in purchasing a Robert Cardinal painting yesterday in New Hope. Under normal circumstances I would have probably not agreed to it because it was more than I wanted us to spend but because of Friday's diagnosis life seems so fragile and I just wanted to live in the moment and let him enjoy getting this painting. He has been coveting it for months (we first saw it in October) and the fact that it was still in the art gallery yesterday was sort of a sign that it was meant to be ours. At least that's how we saw it. :cheeky:
Of course when I think of all the great bling I could have bought for that money...

Sorry to hear this... Send dust his way!! Things like this really make you wonder- you spend your whole life saving for the future- sometimes you need to step back and enjoy the here and now.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy -- I'm sorry he is still having health issues. You are right that everything else in life seems so trivial in comparison. Nothing matters as long as our loved ones are healthy.

I'm not familiar with CRVO, but I just did a search online. I know you can't believe everything you read online (especially when it comes to medical stuff), but take a look at THIS link.

I hope your dh is able to enjoy looking at his new painting for many many years to come.

Sending your dh big buckets of healthy dust and lots of hugs to you!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1328447182|3119458 said:
TooPatient,

Health and healing vibes across the miles.....enjoy your painting!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Working on some Spanish homework. I can't believe how much I've list in just a few months :nono: ;( :nono: ;(

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy - dust to your husband and his medical team! I trust you'll both get many years of pleasure out of that painting.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True confessions time -

I bought myself a pair of diamond stud earrings today - in a B&M store! I know I paid more than I would have paid had I worked with a PS vendor, but... it was my birthday, and I wanted to see what various sizes looked like on me, and have I mentioned that I have ADHD? Anyhow, I bought them from a small family business (that's been there for decades, literally) the diamonds are H&A ideals, and I asked them to change out the baskets for martini settings that they did not have in stock, so I won't have them in my ear lobes for another week or so.

And I should call it a day, but my PBS station is showing a BeeGees concert!

SCDP

Rough_Rock
We bought an apartment last May that we knew would need a lot of cleaning and painting and general updating. This morning while I was making my coffee and looking around the tiny, outdated kitchen I felt like I should try once again to clean the grout in the tile floor. I have mopped before and it didn't do much. Today I used an ammonia mixture and the brush part of the mop and - ta da- with a lot of elbow grease the grout becomes white again! It is amazing how such a small improvement makes me feel so accomplished. I'm not done, because it is tiring, but maybe one or two more goes and the kitchen tile will look almost brand new!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results