I just wanna say -- the random comments thread

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
ZOMG!

the-dar-6.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of man's best friend? The shadow knows! :Up_to_something:

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
:-o

It looks like a ware wolf!!

Did you take that picture?

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
I had to get some US$$ today for our trip to Bali in a couple of weeks. It's so weird having crisp paper bills. It's like monopoly money but bigger and it SMELLS.

Now I get it when people talk about the smell of money! It smells good! :cheeky: Aussie money doesn't smell like that!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
hawaiianorangetree said:
I had to get some US$$ today for our trip to Bali in a couple of weeks. It's so weird having crisp paper bills. It's like monopoly money but bigger and it SMELLS.

Now I get it when people talk about the smell of money! It smells good! :cheeky: Aussie money doesn't smell like that!
ooo enjoy Bali

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting a ring in the mail tomorrow. It's a project I've been working on for a year now and I am so excited I might burst waiting for the mail truck to turn up at my job!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clairitek said:
I'm getting a ring in the mail tomorrow. It's a project I've been working on for a year now and I am so excited I might burst waiting for the mail truck to turn up at my job!

Can't wait to see it!!!

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
hawaiianorangetree|1329709420|3129762 said:

'

I always thought our money smelled kind of awful. Plus, it's so dirty! I agree about the monopoly money part. When they started adding the colors in the last few years (not sure when, exactly) it started to look strange!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We have RAIN in Northern California today - and new snow in the mountains - HOORAY!!!!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rest in peace, Davy. Thanks for the memories!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I have a problem.

I forgot to take off my rings when I went to the gym yesterday, so it was my first time seeing them in that particular environment.
OMG. I thought bookstores have awesome lighting for diamonds--my gym has the best lighting I have EVER SEEN. They were like POW! WE ARE HERE! LOOK AT OUR SPARKLE, GYMRATS!

I've videotaped my rings in the grocery store before, but that was easy to do without being spotted. I just huddled down in an end aisle that is usually empty. But ever since yesterday I've been scheming to find a good way to video my rings in the free weight section of my gym. Maybe if I go in right before they close everyone will be in the locker rooms?

MUST GET VIDEO. Anyone have any ideas?

As I said, I think I have a problem.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven|1330722334|3139446 said:

I forgot to take off my rings when I went to the gym yesterday, so it was my first time seeing them in that particular environment.
OMG. I thought bookstores have awesome lighting for diamonds--my gym has the best lighting I have EVER SEEN. They were like POW! WE ARE HERE! LOOK AT OUR SPARKLE, GYMRATS!

I've videotaped my rings in the grocery store before, but that was easy to do without being spotted. I just huddled down in an end aisle that is usually empty. But ever since yesterday I've been scheming to find a good way to video my rings in the free weight section of my gym. Maybe if I go in right before they close everyone will be in the locker rooms?

Visit the gym at random times of the day/week to find when it is quiet.

Of course if that doesn't work you could always pull the fire alarm... (or better yet... find out when they have drills and hide in the locker room until everyone else has "evacuated" for the drill)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TooPatient|1331573848|3146967 said:
Haven|1330722334|3139446 said:

Visit the gym at random times of the day/week to find when it is quiet.

Of course if that doesn't work you could always pull the fire alarm... (or better yet... find out when they have drills and hide in the locker room until everyone else has "evacuated" for the drill)

:bigsmile: I would love to see your video Haven!!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Just do it Haven. I double-dog dare ya! :bigsmile: Hell, where's your gym? I'll hold the camera.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm just over a week away from final exams and had to drop one of my classes. After three weeks out sick, I just couldn't catch up with it all. It isn't a complete loss of a quarter since I'll do okay in my online class (econ) and stand a chance at an okay grade in physics but I'm still disappointed I couldn't finish the statics class this quarter.

Sentra is feeling better though! She is sleeping through most nights and her ear infection is on the way to being gone. Probably another month or two of treatments to go and she already looks so much happier.

Word of warning --- get the pertusis vaccine!!!
This stuff is AWFUL. I'm usually pretty healthy but it hit hard. My ribs still hurt and you can still see the bruising along the muscles from coughing so much and so hard.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
In a lifetime of doing stupid things, surely the stupidest has to be having an impacted wisdom tooth extracted under local anaesthetic. To top it all off, I will be returning to work tomorrow. Stupidity *and* masochism. I really am one special cookie.

;( ;( ;(

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie|1331742202|3148441 said:
In a lifetime of doing stupid things, surely the stupidest has to be having an impacted wisdom tooth extracted under local anaesthetic. To top it all off, I will be returning to work tomorrow. Stupidity *and* masochism. I really am one special cookie.

;( ;( ;(
Oh, I'm so sorry, Trekkie. Feel better! I had all four of my wisdom teeth out last summer and was on PS whining about it. Hugs!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trekkie said:

;( ;( ;(
oh man- I had all four impacted but I asked for the full anesthesia :)

Heal quickly!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haven said:

Haha- I always stare at my ERing while on the treadmill. :)

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
Amys Bling|1331744563|3148491 said:
Haven said:

Haha- I always stare at my ERing while on the treadmill. :)

Uhm, isn't that the whole point of going to the gym? To observe sparklies under awesome light? :)

And thanks for the good wishes regarding my wisdom tooth. I can't believe I was so stupid and can only hope it passes soon.

The pain, I mean. Something tells me the stupidity is here for good.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm so mad right now I could spit. Fed. Up.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
dragonfly411|1331822786|3149211 said:
I'm so mad right now I could spit. Fed. Up.

Aw, Dragonfly - what's wrong? Want me to come over and beat someone about the head and shoulders with my handbag?

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven, I wear mine to the gym too! Seeing the bling makes the elliptical oh-so-much easier to bear!!! Your right the lighting make them sparkle. I love Costco and Home Depot lighting too.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After spring break my son will be teaching his first class at UCLA! I am so excited for him. It is a class on JR Tolkien and the Lord of the Rings trilogy-comparing something or other. I am not sure of the title exactly. But when the class was listed, it filled up in 4 hours!!!

He has been a tutor and had a couple classes he 'taught' for different subjects but this is his first all on his own! He is now thinking he wants to get a PhD in English.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1331994362|3150757 said:
Haven, I wear mine to the gym too! Seeing the bling makes the elliptical oh-so-much easier to bear!!! Your right the lighting make them sparkle. I love Costco and Home Depot lighting too.
Grocery stores are pretty cool too... eggs, milk, lettuce, BLING!, chips...

:lol:

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle said:
After spring break my son will be teaching his first class at UCLA! I am so excited for him. It is a class on JR Tolkien and the Lord of the Rings trilogy-comparing something or other. I am not sure of the title exactly. But when the class was listed, it filled up in 4 hours!!!

He has been a tutor and had a couple classes he 'taught' for different subjects but this is his first all on his own! He is now thinking he wants to get a PhD in English.
so exciting!! Congrats to your son!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was sure I wouldn't get hooked on Dancing With the Stars this year.

I was sure I could watch the first episode and remain dispassionate and uninvolved.

But I just wanna say... best premier show yet! :appl: I am loving it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1331994662|3150760 said:

Wow, that's great!!! Congrats to your son, you must be so proud!! :appl:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's raining, it's pouring...

and here in Northern California, we so desperately need it!

HOORAY! :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results