carat
color
clarity

I have cancer

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
janlwf|1312825550|2986550 said:
I am so sorry to hear of your diagnosis...but there is hope! My father was diagnosed over 10 years ago at age 60 with a much higher PSA and gleason score of 5. He had the surgery and follow up radiation (newer options weren't available). Took several months for incontinence to improve and almost a year and 1/2 for ED but he responds 80 - 85% to meds and both Mom and Dad are happy with decision and results. Recent psa was 0.8 I think. He loved this site http://www.yananow.org/Experiences.html

Surround yourself with positive people, places and things and you will do well. Warm hugs to you and your partner.

Thanks for that link.

BTW, I found out PSA is NOT some measurement of antibodies to a germ.
It is just an enzyme produced in every prostate, healthy or sick.
Some of this enzyme leaks into the blood.
When cancer is there it plugs up the tissue so more of the PSA enzyme leaks out.
So I asked my Dr today how can PSA be detected years after the entire prostate is removed.
He said, "Good Question. It means some prostate cells affected by the cancer had escaped prior to the removal of the prostate, and are living elsewhere in the body."

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
gemgirl|1312845280|2986778 said:
I'm going to keep you in my prayers kenny, and you're going to do your job and get all the information that you can to make the best decision for your health. Doctors now say that each of us will be faced with a cancer sometime in our lifetime. For me, it was colon (yes I was still technically but rampantly precancerous, but it had already eaten through my entire colon from inside wall to outside wall, hence the colon removal) and for you? Well now you won't have to wonder anymore. I've known a few men with prostate cancer and all are alive and well today. Please quit the talk of being maggot food or worm food or whatever you called it on page 1 (I still have anesthesia brain from my third surgery), and start becoming a student of prostate cancer and it's treatment, like I had to become one of precancerous polyposis. Yeah the whole thing totally sucks. Hell I'm going friggin' bald from my treatment, but I'm alive and I plan on being alive for a long, long time to come. There are still too many diamonds out there that need a home! Seriously, jump in. Pick up your sword and get ready to do battle with the beast until you're sure you've won. After sixteen months of fighting, I'm in the clear. I want you to be able to say the same thing a year from now!

Thanks Gemgirl.
It is heartening to hear your experience in your fight with cancer.
Hugs to you.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So "my wife" and I had our talk with the Urologist today.
Very educational.
He allowed me to record it since he said there will be TONS of important details to take notes on.

I also have read almost half the book and am heartened by what I'm learning.
My numbers are just this side of much worse news, but there is still lots of uncertainty and more tests are needed to determine if it has spread.
My biopsy samples are on their way to a top pathologist for a second opinion and tomorrow I'll start scheduling those 3 tests.
So far so good.

Thank you, sincerely, everyone for the prayers thoughts, jokes, personal testimonies.
It all helps to make me feel not alone and connected.

My SO is being really nice to me and I hate it.
It is very annoying.
I told him to stop and go back to being a butthead.

He's in the medical field and has worked in hospitals and watched lots of people die of cancer.
I've never witnessed it, which may be why I'm not too freaked out.
You know what they say about ignorance. :sun:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1312866035|2987006 said:
Thank you, sincerely, everyone for the prayers thoughts, jokes, personal testimonies.
It all helps to make me feel not alone and connected.

Yeah, and I want to send you a cake for old time's sake. I haven't sent one for a long time, but you recently hit 10,000 postings and now you could use a "pick-me-up". I have one company I used to order from, but if you don't like them, we could do another one or I could send you a basket of cookies or even fresh fruit if you are a health nut. How about it?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Gosh, a thousand thank yous, you are too kind, but, no way.
It's very kind of you but that's just too much.
The online support is wonderful and perfect.

Frankly a few friends who found out are practically banging down my door to visit, but I'm just not in the mood.
I'm more of an introvert and am LESS likely to want to socialize when having health issues.
They say, "Oh but you HAVE to be surrounded by people who love you now".

Well, people vary (in every way) and I hope they can understand that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"My SO is being really nice to me and I hate it.
It is very annoying.
I told him to stop and go back to being a butthead."

Hahaha! I think some of us deal with things more easily when we involve humor, that's how I am and I think I am figuring out that's how you are, too, Kenny. I'm glad that you are approaching this with a lighter heart rather than a heavy one. I didn't think you would mind my little joke a couple pages ago and that's why I posted it, and you also said you weren't posting here for sympathy. You can have all the jokes and funnies in the world from me, I'm full of them. Having been down the cancer road before with my dad (who is surviving 8 years later after a stage IV colorectal cancer diagnosis), I have a bit of insight. Laughter really is the best medicine sometimes!

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny,

I will be sending positive vibes your way and checking in constantly to see how you are doing...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1312866863|2987012 said:
Oh Gosh, a thousand thank yous, you are too kind, but, no way.
It's very kind of you but that's just too much.
The online support is wonderful and perfect.

Frankly a few friends who found out are practically banging down my door to visit, but I'm just not in the mood.
I'm more of an introvert and am LESS likely to want to socialize when having health issues.
They say, "Oh but you HAVE to be surrounded by people who love you now".

Well, people vary (in every way) and I hope they can understand that.

I understand completely. When I am sick, I loathe being touched, which my significant others have not always understood!!! So consider yourself supported from a safe distance!!!

Hugs,
Deb
:read:

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry to hear this, Kenny. I applaud your positive attitude. One of my friends had cancer and she fought it and is now declared cancer-free after 6 years. Hang in there and stay strong, Kenny. You are in my thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with your therapy, I hope you make a full recovery.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Humor's a savior, I think, Kenny, as much for you as for me. David Niven said when asked how he kept so cheerful & jokey with Lou Gehrig's Disease, "Life's so bloody awful, what can you do but laugh at it?" When I was (mis)diagnosed w/terminal cancer, the first thing out of my mouth to my gyn was, "I want a funny oncologist." May be an oxymoron! My mother had cancer & immediately bought a bunch of Sid Caesar dvds, and read Joseph Heller's Not a Laughing Matter -- Heller was convinced he cured himself of Guillon-Barre (however you spell that sucker) with laughter.

Yeah, I'd hate my SO being kind too. Or anybody, ick. Makes you decide maybe you're sick or something. Mom would not let us tell anyone she had cancer -- "I don't want everybody looking at me funny every time I sneeze!" Couldn't blame her. BTW I'll add another to the list of great survivors -- my cousin had prostate cancer & did seed implants; 15 yrs later he's still kicking around. You will be too, count on it!

--- Laurie

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny...this was not news I was expecting to wake up to. I'm sending lots of positive happy, healing thoughts your way.
You have a good attitude towards life and that will help you get through this. Please keep us posted. Big hugs, tyty

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dust and positive thoughts to you Kenny!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear your news kenny. Am a bit busy stitching up Londoners at the mo but if you have any specific Qs then ask here and I will answer. Am radiation oncologist when not moonlighting in A&E, prostate cancer is bread and butter stuff. Some confusion on this thread re gold seeds, external beam RT and brachytherapy, so can clarify if you wish.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry to hear your news Kenny. Sending lots of healing dust to you.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, you are taking it so well. I wish you all the best as you find out more information in the coming weeks and moving forward as you move through this ordeal together with your loved one(s). You are in my thoughts.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, I am praying that your cancer has not metastasised and that it is treatable!! Lots of positive prayers and love coming your way!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Just said a prayer for you Kenny. I think your great attitude is impressive.

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry to hear this, Kenny. You have a great attitude to all this - I can only hope you manage to maintain it through all that lies ahead.

I'm a longtime fan of yours so of course I will be thinking of you and your SO during this time.

Perhaps you should treat yourself to something nice during this time to cheer you up. How about a new FCD? :naughty:

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny,I am sorry and sending lots of healing vibes your way.

supergirl10

Shiny_Rock
Very sorry to hear your news to both you and your partner, best wishes for your treatment and recovery!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, I'm sorry you have such lousy news about your diagnosis. But I am hoping for a good treatment plan and your full recovery. Healing dust is being sent in huge amounts from all over the world. Best wishes.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I am very sorry to hear this. My uncle found out he had prostate cancer in April, had surgery in May to get it removed and to see how far it spread. It looks like he will make a full recovery. I hope you keep your faith that everything WILL workout.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, if anyone can beat this with a positive attitude alone it is you!

My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer about 4/5 years ago, when he was about 65. It was contained to the prostate so he chose to have it removed. He didn't need to have any chemotherapy or any other treatments. I know he went for a check up a few months ago and the score that needed to be 0 was still at 0 so he is in the all clear.

I am sure that you will have a positive outcome Kenny!

Last year my husband grew a Mo on behalf of my dad and we raised quite a bit of money, this November I'll grow a Mo on behalf of you :D

http://au.movember.com/?home

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear the news. I think you're approaching this with a great attitude, and I hope for the best!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I've been out of town for a few days, but just found this post today. I am so sorry to hear this news, Kenny. But, I agree with the others that you have an awesome attitude about the whole thing. I work in healthcare and I can tell you that a positive attitude is the BEST medicine!!! I wish the best in your treatment and I will pray for a full recovery for you!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny,
Just checking in again. I am very sorry. I send prayers of comfort and strength to you and your SO as you go on this journey. I do believe you can win this battle. I can't imagine anything less.. Pulling for you, and hope we get good news soon. I think everyone on PS is pulling for you and wishing you the very best. PS dust does magic...So am sending you ***** DUST**** your way...

Keep us posted.

Lisa

tzelin

Rough_Rock
Kenny, I am so sorry to hear that. I have always enjoyed reading your posts. Do take care and stay strong. *hugs

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You always give great advice saying do what you have to for you. So I know going through this you will do just that, and not bend to doing something you aren't comfortable with. In these times, people just swarm to wanting to help you...

I am very much like you. I don't want people knocking at my door and hovering around me..

I like that they want to, but don't want that. When I got sick, it was hard for people to understand that.. Maybe your SO can put out the thanks but no thanks vibe, or however you want to state it.....

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I am sorry to hear this news, Kenny. My brother-in-law went through this about five years ago. He had the seed implantation. He is doing very well. There was the healing process, which took some time, but he has remained cancer free and is living a normal life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results