shape
carat
color
clarity

I have cancer

MrsM

Shiny_Rock
Kenny:

I just saw this post and had no idea! I hope your surgery and recovery process go well. If you ever want a second opinion, let me know as my brother is an urologist and trained under Dr. Pat Walsh (don't know what state you live in currently though).

Thoughts and prayers are with you.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Positive thoughts for a quick surgery and recovery...I know we are always asking for pics but we'll pass on this one! :cheeky:
Keep us posted!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Best of luck with your surgery - we'll be looking forward to hearing from you. I'm sure all will go well.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Kenny, You will do fine. My husband had the same surgery at age 50 on March 31, 2010. He was back at work on the 8th day,wearing the catheter, and had the cath removed on the 15th day. He has done well ever since; going in twice for some scar tissue removal have been the only complications. I know you will do equally as well.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for a safe surgery and speedy recovery!

moosemom

Shiny_Rock
Good luck with your surgery Kenny. I will be sending thoughts and prayers your way.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, I will be thinking of you and praying for you as well. I hope all goes perfectly and you are in as little pain as possible.

I will also pray they forget to bill you! :naughty: Or that you feel so great and get a clean bill of health and you just don't care how much it costs!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck with your surgery and recovery, Kenny. You have such a positive and fun outlook on life that I'm sure you will do great! Are you having robotic surgery? My DH was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer,too ( his scores are actually worse than yours), but he has decided to wait a few months before his surgery. Keep us updated- but maybe pass on the pics of the incision. :rolleyes:

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't been around for a while, so I'm just now seeing this. I'll be thinking of you. Best of lu
ck!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1316975999|3025212 said:
My radical prostatectomy surgery is a week from tomorrow.
It will be nice to get it over with.

I just saw that this thread had been updated to include news that this was the way you were going with your treatment and why. I wanted to add my voice to the others who had volunteered that they had loved ones who had had the surgery and done well with it. As I stated earlier in this thread, two men my age to whom I am close have survived prostate cancer. Both had it treated as you have opted. Both have done very well with the option. I know you will, too! I wish you a lot of luck.

Hugs,
Deb/AGBF
:read:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
Good luck with the surgery Kenny. Lots of healing dust to you. :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for all the support guys and gals.
You guys are wonderful. :appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thinking of you kenny, and hoping all goes smoothly and with the best possible outcome!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Gemgirl.
I'm good. :wavey:

I'll have my laptop in the hospital so I can take and post pics of the oozing wound as I'm all doped up on morphine. :lol:
They give you a trigger to press so you can give yourself hits of the dope. :shock: :praise:

I'm glad you're OK. I know how you feel about the waiting. After I did all of the right things- seeing multiple docs and surgeons for second opinions, asking batteries of questions, considering all of my options, discussing it over and over with my hubby; once the decision was made, I just-wanted-it-over-with! I'm glad I asked because I'm going to circle next Tuesday on my calendar. I will be sending you truckloads of positive thoughts and PS dust (and yes, prayers too!)

Yup, I know about the *instant gratification dope machine"! only mine had Dilaudid in it. Unfortunately for me, it started to affect either my heart rhythm or my blood pressure. I don't remember which. So I was limited in how many times I could push that button.
Boooo!! LOL! But for the first 2 days? When you need it? You hit that button! It definitely helps, although you might feel a bit like this........ :knockout:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny
Good luck with your surgery... :appl:

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kenny my thoughts will be with you in the coming weeks! Speedy recovery!

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you lots of positive thoughts and well-wishes for a successful surgery and a quick recovery, Kenny. You and your SO will be in my thoughts next Tuesday.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
We're all wishing you well, Kenny.

Laughinggravy0

Shiny_Rock
Kenny, I have just seen this and I am so very sorry that you are going through all this. You are handling this so well, but we are also here for you if you need to rant too.

Much love to you and many hugs Kenny,
Abi

LGK

Ideal_Rock
gemgirl|1317129409|3026771 said:
Thanks Gemgirl.
I'm good. :wavey:

I'll have my laptop in the hospital so I can take and post pics of the oozing wound as I'm all doped up on morphine. :lol:
They give you a trigger to press so you can give yourself hits of the dope. :shock: :praise:

I'm glad you're OK. I know how you feel about the waiting. After I did all of the right things- seeing multiple docs and surgeons for second opinions, asking batteries of questions, considering all of my options, discussing it over and over with my hubby; once the decision was made, I just-wanted-it-over-with! I'm glad I asked because I'm going to circle next Tuesday on my calendar. I will be sending you truckloads of positive thoughts and PS dust (and yes, prayers too!)

Yup, I know about the *instant gratification dope machine"! only mine had Dilaudid in it. Unfortunately for me, it started to affect either my heart rhythm or my blood pressure. I don't remember which. So I was limited in how many times I could push that button.
Boooo!! LOL! But for the first 2 days? When you need it? You hit that button! It definitely helps, although you might feel a bit like this........ :knockout:
Hahahaha, yep, ditto! I have fond memories of that button, if not the cancerous-thyroid-tumor-removing surgery :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure I had several conversations I cannot remember a single thing about. Better make sure nobody likely to extract blackmail material comes by to visit!

We'll be thinking about you Kenny. Hope you have a swift and easy recovery!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck with the surgery, Kenny.

Sending you truckloads of PS dust for a speedy recovery.

kathsmith81

Rough_Rock
hugs. Take care of yourself.

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you, Kenny. Hope surgery goes well for you!

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Wishing you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.

And oh yea, the Dilaudid pump will be your best friend!!!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thinking of you Kenny!!!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Here's to a speedy recovery. I am going to miss your snarky posts. :lol:

And don't be too hard on the nurses. I can just see it now....nurse comes in to fluff your pillow. Kenny 'git the hella way from me!'. Nurse runs out crying. SO ' :roll: '

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
Your gonna ace this Kenny!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gothgrrl|1317266681|3028459 said:
Here's to a speedy recovery. I am going to miss your snarky posts. :lol:

And don't be too hard on the nurses. I can just see it now....nurse comes in to fluff your pillow. Kenny 'git the hella way from me!'. Nurse runs out crying. SO ' :roll: '

I'm always polite to people who can slug me, or turn off my morphine drip. :twisted:

Thanks all! :wavey:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny,
Good luck with anesthesia, with surgery, with the nurses, with post recovery. Try not to use PCA too often. I wish that things go so well for you that on the first postop day you can get up and make a couple of steps. That postoperative period is uncomplicated. Good luck!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results