shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW I Found My White Whale-an 8.7 ct OEC Graduated Convertible Bracelet

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I am SUPER excited that I was able to make the conversion work. I've increased my CPW (cost per wear) by two-fold! :bigsmile:
Smart gal !!! :clap::clap::clap:
...and gorgeous jewel !!! :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
In an unfortunate turn of events, I somehow lost one of the bigger stones yesterday. I ran a lot of errands yesterday so I am not hopeful. I have never lost a diamond of this size before (lost a melee from an earring once) :errrr:

Thanks for everyone's lovely comments! I will get back to you all once this situation is resolved.

IMG_7793 (1).jpg

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
In an unfortunate turn of events, I somehow lost one of the bigger stones yesterday. I ran a lot of errands yesterday so I am not hopeful. I have never lost a diamond of this size before (lost a melee from an earring once) :errrr:

Thanks for everyone's lovely comments! I will get back to you all once this situation is resolved.

IMG_7793 (1).jpg

OMGGGGGGGG! I may be one of the luckiest people ever today. Last night, I dropped off dinner to my parents who are recovering from Covid. And look what my sister found in their bedroom this morning! I was legit at the mall and doctor's office yesterday :eek2:

IMG_7796.jpg

lavenderdragonfly23

Shiny_Rock
OMG, SHUT UP!!!! I can’t believe she found it!!

I totally agree, puffy crown pics are a must now!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
whewwwwww!!!! 3rd the request for the profile shot! Now you can really study the stone lol

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
AMAZING. How creative, and I am so happy for you for finding your white whale!

@Mreader @lavenderdragonfly23 @oldcutclubmember

Haha-I want that baby back on my wrist asap. I already dropped it off at my jewelers!

I did weigh it and it’s .46 ct-SO glad my sis found it!!!

That is so scary!!! I'm so glad you found it!!! :eek2:o_O

Please have your jeweller check it over to make sure none of the other stones are at risk of falling out :cry2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
That is so scary!!! I'm so glad you found it!!! :eek2:o_O

Please have your jeweller check it over to make sure none of the other stones are at risk of falling out :cry2:

The irony is that there was a smaller loose stone that my jeweler has already dealt with. He checked the other bezels at the same time. I don't know what happened :cry2:.

He ended up lasering small prongs to reinforce the smaller bezel. I might have him do that to all the bezels now. I'm not taking any chances!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How lucky are you? Is your jeweler going to check the entire piece to make sure this won't happen to any of the other stones?

I see you answered my question while I was typing it!

luckygreen317

Brilliant_Rock
OMGGGGGGGG! I may be one of the luckiest people ever today. Last night, I dropped off dinner to my parents who are recovering from Covid. And look what my sister found in their bedroom this morning! I was legit at the mall and doctor's office yesterday :eek2:

IMG_7796.jpg

I love this happy ending, you must have great karma.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful piece and love the dual versatility! You did very well!
Thank you @MissGotRocks ! I feel fortunate to have found it!

What an amazing piece!! Very happy that you were able to find it!! And yassss to #winning in the ‘cpw’ aspect!! Did I already say how amazing it is?? Love love love it!
@Slickk thanks so much!! The dual purpose make it more justifiable--hahaha.

What a stunner! And I've never come across a bracelet like this - what a find!!

Congratulations!

Thanks for your kind words @mrs-b . My bracelet odyssey is complete! :)

Christinak

Shiny_Rock

The bracelet was a little snug so I determined that I would change the clasp.

IMG_7486.jpg

Also, I wanted to make the bracelet more versatile. I set about trying to come up with a creative solution. Luckily, I had this convertible bracelet in my inspo file.

IMG_6154.JPG

First, I decided that I wanted a barrel type clasp versus a lobster clasp. This is the best white gold finding that I could procure quickly.

IMG_7721.jpg

I then ordered a few different tester chains to pair with the bracelet. The smallest bezel measures 3.5 mm. I settled upon a 3 mm white gold ball chain. I actually searched for anklets because I only needed 9 to 10" in length!

Here's the end result:

IMG_7662 (1).jpg

IMG_7691.jpg

I am SUPER excited that I was able to make the conversion work. I've increased my CPW (cost per wear) by two-fold! :bigsmile:

This is genius. I absolutely love it!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is amazing!! So happy you found the diamond! Looks lovely as a necklace as well…dual purpose FTW! :love:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Not only is it the perfect bracelet, it’s also the perfect necklace!!

It’s amazing that you managed to find a similar bracelet again, and cannot believe how great the conversion turned out! :kiss2:

Thank you for sharing the conversion process with us. I reckon you’ve started a trend for… bracelaces(?) :geek2:
Thank you@pomelo !

Haha-I was trying to come up with a clever hybrid-but neither necklet and bracelace rolled off the tongue:lol:

The #goals convertible bracelets that you tried on at Sotheby's (?) were totally inspo for this piece, too!

Blown away that this came back to you. It’s a stunning bracelet & I love the conversion option too! :kiss2:

Congratulations!

@Ally T thank you! I feel very fortunate!
Meant to be @lulu_ma !!!
Wear your gorgeous bracelet good health and bling joy!:love:

Thank you @missy . Hope you are DH are well <3!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow - so amazing that your sister found that diamond!!! Lucky is right but so happy for you as I can only imagine how devastated you felt. Just received it and a diamond fell out - I am sure your jeweler will reinforce whatever needs to be done.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
What a beautiful conversion necklace! All of your pieces are stunning!
@kathley thank you for your kind words!

I love the conversion idea!! It’s such an amazing way to get more wear out of the piece. Love it!!

And it’s gorgeous - both ways! So happy for you that you found the one that got away :kiss2:
Thanks @AllAboardTheBlingTrain ! I know you talked about a conversion on another -so I knew it was possible. I just had to figure out how to get it done quickly and more 'off the rack.'

Fabulous! A truly unique and gorgeous piece.
@Lisa Loves Shiny thank you! I love the bracelet-can't wait to get it back.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Still waiting for the repair/rehab, but here's a blingy pic from last week.

IMG_7293.jpeg

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No words :kiss2:

TruLuv858

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh!!! Can’t believe I missed this post!!! It’s GORGEOUS!! And JOTW!! So well deserved @lulu_ma :)

DmdRunner

Rough_Rock
Congrats! What a gorgeous bracelet!!! #dreams

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on JOTW!!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock

IMG_7796.jpg

What a scare but also how fun to see one of these babies naked like this. The proportions are divine. These are old old cuts, bordering OMCs. What a real treasure to own such a piece of history :kiss2:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Wow. What a great idea! It looks fabulous both ways!
@plad25 Thank you so much!

That is gorgeous! I love the conversion!!! Can't go wrong either way!!
Thanks @cushioncutnut . I am really enjoying this piece!

I adore the one you now have, sooo elegant, yet a piece you can easily wear with everything :kiss2:
@lavenderdragonfly23 it is super versatile! Thank you!

Congratulations and it is beautiful!

DK :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Thanks @dk168 ! Also, when will your new projects be completed? I can't wait to see them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results